The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Which X-Men "Cast" (Team) should FOX give priority to?
X-Men: The First Class (Team from the Past Era) 19 22.89%
The "Original X-Men" (Team from Present Era) 43 51.81%
They should try to make films featuring both around the same time 19 22.89%
I Don't Know 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #101
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Default Re: Which X-Men "Cast" (Team) should FOX give priority to?

Eventhough the OC are seasoned vets and I loved what they did with the OT, you still cant deny or take away the FC cast. They are young actor/tresses but they are not unknown and are doing very well in the industry so to just say it could only be good with the OC is a misstatment because the FC could very well do a great job like they already have and make awesome movies that could possibly outgross the OC,no one knows the future all you can do is assume. Like I said I would like both just to give some backstory who cares if stories are set in the past it would great just to see them.

BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #102
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Like what? Origin stories of Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey?
Yes. People want to see them get their due since they've been relegated to backseat roles behind Wolverine. What better place to showcase them than at the beginning.

Quote:
Even if they have a dozen stories to tell,
I'm sure there ARE a dozen of potential stories with fresh new villains and characters to introduce. They could do a Storm centric story with Shadow King, Scott and Jean centric story with Sinister, or a US vs Soviet angle with Omega Red. Plenty of possibilities.

Quote:
its not gonna change the fact that those stories will be set in the past, set before the first X-Men film.
SO WHAT???

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #103
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Comment deleted, I should stop contributing to the flogging of the very dead and decomposed horse.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 08-15-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #104
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

I think the poll results pretty much speak for themselves....

NJCaliboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #105
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The producer has already given the idea that they could do both, so I think it will be FC sequel then X4 next

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-15-2013 at 07:05 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #106
Angamb
Banned User

Im sure the studio wants to do both.

And Bryan more than likely wants another movie for original cast. But not sure if Bryan wants two more movies for them or just one. I think the studio decision will depend on Bryan's intentions with them. If Bryan tells the studio that he really wants to direct two more movies with OT, along with Lauren support, I think the studio might give them the greenlight. Maybe to be shot back to back, and call it a day.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #107
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im sure the studio wants to do both.

And Bryan more than likely wants another movie for original cast. But not sure if Bryan wants two more movies for them or just one. I think the studio decision will depend on Bryan's intentions with them. If Bryan tells the studio that he really wants to direct two more movies with OT, along with Lauren support, I think the studio might give them the greenlight. Maybe to be shot back to back, and call it a day.
And i would be ok with that. If they do it back to back like they come out within a year of each other that would be awesome.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #108
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I doubt that the studio is making its decisions based on what movies Singer would personally like to do.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #109
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

To be fair when you have actors like fassbender, mcavoy and Jennifer Lawrence on contract... You use them, even if its for one last film YOU USE THEM!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #110
xrs13
Cold as ice

Its not like they cant use both

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #111
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
And i would be ok with that. If they do it back to back like they come out within a year of each other that would be awesome.
it would be MORE than awesome to me. Because they would be the epic x-men movies I have been waiting since X2, with full cast.

DOFP is a great concept, uniting part of both casts, but I really need at least one sequel with full original cast, not just 6 x-men returning.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #112
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboi View Post
I think the poll results pretty much speak for themselves....
Meh. Polls differ all the time. Depends whats up next. After DOFP opinions will change, who knows which way. What does the one with most votes tell ya?
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=355503

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=462217&page=8

Last edited by def28; 08-15-2013 at 07:40 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #113
Angamb
Banned User

its normal that right now Original cast is getting more votes, since most of us thought we would never see them again after X3. But last year gave us the great news, so we cant help but being excited to see them again, specially those x-men that have yet to shine on the franchise, like Rogue, Kitty, Iceman, Colossus...

and to think all the possibilites next sequels could bring, with other returning x-men... its really exciting.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #114
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
it would be MORE than awesome to me. Because they would be the epic x-men movies I have been waiting since X2, with full cast.

DOFP is a great concept, uniting part of both casts, but I really need at least one sequel with full original cast, not just 6 x-men returning.
So you mean having Jean and Scott come back saying the full cast. If Polaris was introduced or Dazzler. I do like the OC and im excited to see if they continue forward. i hope they do the movie a year.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #115
Angamb
Banned User

personally Id keep Jean out, at least for one movie. Getting back Cyclops in a great role, and with Nightcrawler, Angel, Gambit and Beast back in good supporting roles.

If one day I see a sequel with Cyclops leading a team including those four x-men, I could die happy.

Just imagine it: Cyclops leading DOFP x-men more Angel, Beast, Gambit and Kurt

I really NEED to see that at least once!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #116
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
its normal that right now Original cast is getting more votes, since most of us thought we would never see them again after X3. But last year gave us the great news, so we cant help but being excited to see them again, specially those x-men that have yet to shine on the franchise, like Rogue, Kitty, Iceman, Colossus...
Which is completely understandable. I think those characters will always be bigger then the actors. So it doesn't really matter if they are recast or younger versions appear. I know theres some of you hardcore OT cast fans but the majority will just be excited to see the characters regardless who's playing them. I believe Young Magneto is beating Older Magneto in the who are you most excited to see thread. Cast a good young Storm or Cyclops and I can see people being just as excited for a FC follow up...unless it's a AOA movie. That's the one everyone is waiting for.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #117
Angamb
Banned User

agree.

But when we have the cast already, its a bit stupid to start from cero again. Specially when Singer is on board again.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #118
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
agree.

But when we have the cast already, its a bit stupid to start from cero again. Specially when Singer is on board again.
We don't know how this flick ends though. It's gonna change something. FC is Singers flick too. He obviously cares about both. I don't think he has any problem casting younger versions of Cyc and crew. Don't think he created FC just as a one off. But again who knows. All speculation.

Give me an AOA film next with the OT crew as a good bye, otherwise go the FC route with a clean slate. More room to explore there imo.

Last edited by def28; 08-15-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #119
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
personally Id keep Jean out, at least for one movie. Getting back Cyclops in a great role, and with Nightcrawler, Angel, Gambit and Beast back in good supporting roles.

If one day I see a sequel with Cyclops leading a team including those four x-men, I could die happy.

Just imagine it: Cyclops leading DOFP x-men more Angel, Beast, Gambit and Kurt

I really NEED to see that at least once!
Oh thats what you mean by a full cast. Nightcrawler coming back would be awesome. Idk if Angel,Nightcrawler, Gambit and Beast would ever be in the same movie together. Eventhough I would love it to happen, Nightcrawler is my fav character after Storm so seeing him back would be awesome. You cant have a full cast without all of them back though. Cyclops leading a team would be great because i love Marsden but were are the women thats an all male team.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #120
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Which is completely understandable. I think those characters will always be bigger then the actors. So it doesn't really matter if they are recast or younger versions appear. I know theres some of you hardcore OT cast fans but the majority will just be excited to see the characters regardless who's playing them. I believe Young Magneto is beating Older Magneto in the who are you most excited to see thread. Cast a good young Storm or Cyclops and I can see people being just as excited for a FC follow up...unless it's a AOA movie. That's the one everyone is waiting for.
I do agree and idk if its the characters they loved. Because I do feel that if an awesome Storm,Jean, and Scott are cast it could be a great thing. I just want people writing off one because they are both good Casts.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #121
Angamb
Banned User

as we have seen, both Ben and Alan are open to return, and Im sure Kelsey too, which actor from the franchise wouldnt like to work again with this impressive cast? its too good to say no.

Id love to see Cyclops talking to Kurt and Angel, sending them to a mission or something. It would be sooooooo special to me. Same than seeing them fighting together, along with Gambit. so epic!

Awesome characters/powers in my book.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #122
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
I'm sure there ARE a dozen of potential stories with fresh new villains and characters to introduce. They could do a Storm centric story with Shadow King, Scott and Jean centric story with Sinister, or a US vs Soviet angle with Omega Red. Plenty of possibilities.
Thank you. That's basically a trilogy worth of stuff. A tweener trilogy of sorts. I'm curious as to where the X-Force movie is going to fit. It would seem to be something following DoFP, and could be a replacement team for the OT. Of course you can't replace the OT entirely, but they have already killed off key characters, and may dispatch more in DoFP. Obviously everyone wants to see AoA, but after that one, any ensuing X-Men film seems anti-climactic. Of course you could bring in Onslaught, the FF, and scale things up from there. I just think there are other options worth exploring as well.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #123
Project862006
Banned User

dealing with younger versions of cyclops,jean,storm in fc era is treading dangerous waters

remember marsden was like 26 in x men 1 lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #124
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
dealing with younger versions of cyclops,jean,storm in fc era is treading dangerous waters

remember marsden was like 26 in x men 1 lol
Lol was that Scotts age in the movie or Marsden age in the first movie?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #125
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Thank you. That's basically a trilogy worth of stuff. A tweener trilogy of sorts. I'm curious as to where the X-Force movie is going to fit. It would seem to be something following DoFP, and could be a replacement team for the OT. Of course you can't replace the OT entirely, but they have already killed off key characters, and may dispatch more in DoFP. Obviously everyone wants to see AoA, but after that one, any ensuing X-Men film seems anti-climactic. Of course you could bring in Onslaught, the FF, and scale things up from there. I just think there are other options worth exploring as well.
If they do AOA, i just thought about that. Then how would they top that, I mean coming from that movie im not sure which direction they can go except maybe Onslaught like you said of introducing Cassandra Nova which I highly doubt.