The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #276
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Not saying it's not within anyones right or perogative as a fan to dislike MOS. I loved it, but I totally get why some don't like it. It worked like gangbusters for me. However why should it be the main topic when it was at best tangentianaly brought up. By all means, post away about your dislike or disappointment in MOS. DO IT IN THE MOS/SUPERMAN BOARDS if that's what you want to go on about or dismiss those that do like it's opinions in a smartass way because that makes a poster feel they've got the superior taste in CBMs.

And there isn't a breast plate in Asgard sufficient to the task of holding in Darcy's chest. Chick should be on the cover of the Asgardian edition of SCORE MAGAZINE.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #277
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Not saying it's not within anyones right or perogative as a fan to dislike MOS. I loved it, but I totally get why some don't like it. It worked like gangbusters for me. However why should it be the main topic when it was at best tangentianaly brought up. By all means, post away about your dislike or disappointment in MOS. DO IT IN THE MOS/SUPERMAN BOARDS if that's what you want to go on about or dismiss those that do like it's opinions in a smartass way because that makes a poster feel they've got the superior taste in CBMs.

And there isn't a breast plate in Asgard sufficient to the task of holding in Darcy's chest. Chick should be on the cover of the Asgardian edition of SCORE MAGAZINE.
I'm truly sorry if I have offended you any any way Just expressing my opinion, besides if I go and express how much MOS was dissapointment in those boards, i will get lynched

I want a real story with real characters, not just a Movie that only purpose is to PRESENT HOW POWERFUL THOR IS, just to convince Comicbook fans! I certainly don't want Alan to sacrifice story and character development to show how hard Thor can really punch someone.

Last edited by TeeKay; 08-15-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #278
Bren
Forevernoob

I would have enjoyed it if Thor had offered to lay down weapons to the Kronan in the trailer, to accept its surrender. And when it refuses surrender, he does exactly what happened in the trailer, but using his fist.

Then calmly picks up his hammer and asks "anyone else"

Last edited by Bren; 08-15-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #279
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I'm truly sorry if I have offended you any any way Just expressing my opinion, besides if I go and express how much MOS was dissapointment in those boards, i will get lynched

I want a real story with real characters, not just a Movie that only purpose is to PRESENT HOW POWERFUL THOR IS, just to convince Comicbook fans! I certainly don't want Alan to sacrifice story and character development to show how hard Thor can really punch someone.
Brothaman, the MOS/SUPERMAN&BATMAN boards arecurrently a miassma of both negative opinions of MOS and the sequel with ole Batsy. It's why I'm hanging here mostly, for the time being. Plus DARK WORLD is looking damned awesome right now with tons to discuss. (Yes America, it IS possible to love DC and MARVEL.)

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #280
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
A lot of comic characters gain power levels over time as they gain popularity. When they start out, they're usually reasonably powered for what they are, and that's where we are with the MCU.
Never thought of that.

Well said.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #281
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Blah blah blah I would have enjoyed it if Thor had offered to lay down weapons to the Kronan in the trailer, to accept its surrender. And when it refuses surrender, he does exactly what happened in the trailer, but using his fist.

This is spot on. Loved the moment in the trailer but what you wrote would not be ambiguious to the audience. That would flat out show that he's the possesor of immense strength. Not, kinda sorta strong, but boulder crunching strength.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #282
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Blah blah blah I would have enjoyed it if Thor had offered to lay down weapons to the Kronan in the trailer, to accept its surrender. And when it refuses surrender, he does exactly what happened in the trailer, but using his fist.

This.

why would Thor use his fist when his Hammer is his most effective weapon (correct me if I'm wrong).

Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #283
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
why would Thor use his fist when his Hammer is his most effective weapon (correct me if I'm wrong).
Because if you're trying to show that Thor has powers outside of Mjolnir, you show him doing stuff like that.

Hemsworth said he wanted to use some new fighting techniques in TDW to show that Thor has more to his skill set than just his hammer. I'm hoping that means he'll show some cool feats of strength.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #284
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
This.

For myself, it would be because many in the GA think he's powered by the hammer. He's a powerful force to be reckoned with even without the hammer. For some the purely physical feats so far are not as indicative of what they know he is capable of.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #285
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yeah you mean like a "fun" thing for the fan to recognize but that has no actual impact on Ultron?
Yeah like the Easter egg you have to really look for that SHOWS Odin bringing the tesseract to earth, or when Armin Zola grabs the plans for the robot body in First Avenger.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #286
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Because as humbled as he was in Thor, he's still a self-assured guy.. In battle, he's still arrogant.

Saying "I don't need this weapon to beat you" is a very 'arrogant guy' thing to do.
Plus, he would back it up, intimidate the opposition even more and fanboys like me can cheer at Thor showing how awesome HE is.

Pretty simple actually.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #287
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Simply to show he doesn't NEED Mjolnir to waylay any foe.
Quote:
This.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #288
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
For myself, it would be because many in the GA think he's powered by the hammer. He's a powerful force to be reckoned with even without the hammer. For some the purely physical feats so far are not as indicative of what they know he is capable of.
He was the only avenger to physically take on the Hulk and Iron Man

Old 08-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #289
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
He was the only avenger to physically take on the Hulk and Iron Man
And both scenes were awesomesauce with a cherry on top, yet I still talk to mass audience viewers that think he's nothing without the hammer.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #290
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Thor stopped Hulks arm from smashing his face with one arm but he added the other arm a couple of secs later but still.

Thing is tho, he and Loki were evenly matched in terms of physical strength on Stark Tower just before he put that thing in Thorīs belly. He took Thor by his neck and threw him down on the floor. I donīt say Loki was stronger but he put up one heck of a fight, was the scepter involved?

Because then he lost the scepter and Hulk smashes Loki and he doesnīt recover very well. Can we say Loki has much less durability than Thor but in terms of strength they are closer?
Or should we consider the scepter to play a big part here. Anyone got any explanation?

And also, what the heck was that glass cage built with? Not ordinary glass I can tell you that.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #291
Bren
Forevernoob

gorilla glass from corning.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #292
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Lol that stuff is like 3 times harder than ordinary glass but yeah xD

Old 08-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #293
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor stopped Hulks arm from smashing his face with one arm but he added the other arm a couple of secs later but still.

Thing is tho, he and Loki were evenly matched in terms of physical strength on Stark Tower just before he put that thing in Thorīs belly. He took Thor by his neck and threw him down on the floor. I donīt say Loki was stronger but he put up one heck of a fight, was the scepter involved?

Because then he lost the scepter and Hulk smashes Loki and he doesnīt recover very well. Can we say Loki has much less durability than Thor but in terms of strength they are closer?
Or should we consider the scepter to play a big part here. Anyone got any explanation?

And also, what the heck was that glass cage built with? Not ordinary glass I can tell you that.
But isn't that enough to emphasize how strong Thor is?? I mean if it was any other human of iron Man, they could have been crushed

Old 08-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #294
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
But isn't that enough to emphasize how strong Thor is?? I mean if it was any other human of iron Man, they could have been crushed
Theoretically, yes, it should be enough. The problem was that it wasn't a highlight moment, you know? He was talking and his strength wasn't really the focus there. What's going to get rid of this idea that he needs the hammer to be effective is some "moment of awesome" (TV Tropes, FTW) where he performs a feat of strength that really sticks in people's minds.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #295
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Quote:

I think the sceptor played a big part (unfortunately). Loki, in the first Thor and in Avengers, has been a bit underwhelming. He is an amazingly powerful sorcerer and as such, doesn't need sceptors and staffs to do damage. I think, for the Avengers, they needed to make him beatable by having him rely on the sceptor. That's why, when he rolls off of Stark Tower and forgets the sceptor, he is able to be defeated. In the comics, he would have been able to keep the fight going because of his abilities, but in the Avengers, he had to lose.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #296
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
gorilla glass from corning.
Nah, it was Stark Brand transparent aluminium. Tony bought a company that had the formula. The head engineer there said a mysterious Professor from Edinburough gifted them the formula in the 80's in exchange for overseeing the production of a small quantity for his own use. They could never follw through with mass production until Tony figured out a cost effective method. The Scottish Professor and his southern accented assistant were never identified.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #297
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
This.

Because it's Thor. and That's what Thor does? Honor, defeats his enemy using his strength if he can..

Teekay, you don't know a lot about Thor, do you? lol

Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #298
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

I'd say it's the other way around. Thor has held back, but when he got pissed, he physically pummeled Loki. He shrugged off blasts from Iron man, casually got up from a gun blast powered by the destroyer.

Wasn't even KO'd by Hulks beating.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #299
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I'd say it's the other way around. Thor has held back, but when he got pissed, he physically pummeled Loki. He shrugged off blasts from Iron man, casually got up from a gun blast powered by the destroyer.

Wasn't even KO'd by Hulks beating.
But, as Inigo Montoya would say, he did let out the sound of ultimate suffering after he got ragdolled. He also did not look like he was gonna go running away when the team got the drop on him at the end.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #300
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Quote:
But, as Inigo Montoya would say, he did let out the sound of ultimate suffering after he got ragdolled. He also did not look like he was gonna go running away when the team got the drop on him at the end.
He lacks conviction. Perhaps he already had a different plan in mind at this point. An argument could be made that he wanted to go back to Asgard and scheme there.

Closed Thread