The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #301
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,197
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Will we get anything close to Jane enquiring about the nature of these beings that the Norse myths of her world are based on? I mean, what is Thor's take on being the most beloved god of an ancient culture of humans? How much truth is there in the myths? What were he and his fellow Asgardians doing on Earth post the conflict with the Frot Giants? Odin made it sound like they just stayed in Asgard, but Fandral just out and says that at least Thor had gone to Earth after recieving Mjolnir. Questions, queastions... I hope Jane gets some answers.

KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #302
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I don't want them to try and make Thor anything like MoS, I want it to be Thor. He's a great character and I never doubted he was strong for a minute.

That being said, I did used to think everything but his physical strength came from his hammer. I can understand where you guys are coming from on that.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #303
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Will we get anything close to Jane enquiring about the nature of these beings that the Norse myths of her world are based on? I mean, what is Thor's take on being the most beloved god of an ancient culture of humans? How much truth is there in the myths? What were he and his fellow Asgardians doing on Earth post the conflict with the Frot Giants? Odin made it sound like they just stayed in Asgard, but Fandral just out and says that at least Thor had gone to Earth after recieving Mjolnir. Questions, queastions... I hope Jane gets some answers.
I'm pretty sure that's why they chose her as the lead female so they could give us the window into Asgard we could relate to instead of some magical world filled with things we didn't understand.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #304
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,197
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
He lacks conviction. Perhaps he already had a different plan in mind at this point. An argument could be made that he wanted to go back to Asgard and scheme there.
Conviction was not gonna make his internal organs stop bleeding. His Asgardian level of healing was taxed to the limit I'd say. He was having a reeeaaally bad day. Repular blasts, explosions, beat downs from his more powerful bro and a monster. I think Cap may have given him an indian burn too while Tasha and Clint administered purple nurples.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #305
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Conviction was not gonna make his internal organs stop bleeding. His Asgardian level of healing was taxed to the limit I'd say. He was having a reeeaaally bad day. Repular blasts, explosions, beat downs from his more powerful bro and a monster. I think Cap may have given him an indian burn too while Tasha and Clint administered purple nurples.
I think people think Loki was beaten a little to easily, which he wasn't. He was hit by IM, Thor, pummeled by Hulk, exploded by HE and Cap got a few hits in in Germany. The only one who didn't get a chance to hit him physically was BW and she beat him with trickery which, for a trickster, would be a much harder blow.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #306
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,615
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I think people think Loki was beaten a little to easily, which he wasn't. He was hit by IM, Thor, pummeled by Hulk, exploded by HE and Cap got a few hits in in Germany. The only one who didn't get a chance to hit him physically was BW and she beat him with trickery which, for a trickster, would be a much harder blow.
Well, it was more of the problem that because he forgot the sceptor on top of Stark Tower, he lost. Comic book Loki would have been able to keep the fight going himself and get the sceptor back relatively easy (after all, it was only Black Widow who was holding onto it).

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #307
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Well, it was more of the problem that because he forgot the sceptor on top of Stark Tower, he lost. Comic book Loki would have been able to keep the fight going himself and get the sceptor back relatively easy (after all, it was only Black Widow who was holding onto it).
Yeah, but at that moment she was surrounded by a bunch of very powerful guys who probably wouldn't have let him get a hold of it.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #308
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,197
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I think people think Loki was beaten a little to easily, which he wasn't. He was hit by IM, Thor, pummeled by Hulk, exploded by HE and Cap got a few hits in in Germany. The only one who didn't get a chance to hit him physically was BW and she beat him with trickery which, for a trickster, would be a much harder blow.
Oh you just know that what Tasha did got his goat big time. Some fans cried foul. "How could the god of lies be duped?!!" It was all Kool And The Gang with me. These are extraordinary people. Tasha is supposed to be a master spy, like every Bond femme fatale time ten. I had no problem with that scene.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #309
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,455
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Because it's Thor. and That's what Thor does? Honor, defeats his enemy using his strength if he can..

Teekay, you don't know a lot about Thor, do you? lol
No

TeeKay is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #310
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Oh you just know that what Tasha did got his goat big time. Some fans cried foul. "How could the god of lies be duped?!!" It was all Kool And The Gang with me. These are extraordinary people. Tasha is supposed to be a master spy, like every Bond femme fatale time ten. I had no problem with that scene.
Man I LOVED that scene. I actually cried out 'Woo!' in the theater the first time I heard it. I don't think it's a testament to what they took from Loki, more like a testament to how awesome she is.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #311
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
No :crying:
There, there. I don't know all that much either. We'll be noobs together and let our sensies teach us the ways of the mighty one.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #312
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,197
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's why they chose her as the lead female so they could give us the window into Asgard we could relate to instead of some magical world filled with things we didn't understand.
Something like Thor does need a human POV character. I want at least a little curiosity about the nature of the "gods" from Dr. Foster PhD.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #313
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,615
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Yeah, but at that moment she was surrounded by a bunch of very powerful guys who probably wouldn't have let him get a hold of it.
No, she was just surrounded by Selvig when she closed the portal.

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #314
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Something like Thor does need a human POV character. I want at least a little curiosity about the nature of the "gods" from Dr. Foster PhD.
I would like a clearer definition from them on their 'god' status. Because Thor just says they're more advanced, Tony calls him a demi-god, and Darcy made the argument that the Vikings misunderstood and worshiped a superior alien race as gods. Also, they call us mortals, but at one point, Loki says 'the humans think us immortal. Shall we test that?' just before he tries to kill Thor. Confuses me a bit.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #315
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
No, she was just surrounded by Selvig when she closed the portal.
Yeah, but at that moment, Loki was downstairs trying to pick himself up after Hulk flattened him.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #316
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,197
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I would like a clearer definition from them on their 'god' status. Because Thor just says they're more advanced, Tony calls him a demi-god, and Darcy made the argument that the Vikings misunderstood and worshiped a superior alien race as gods. Also, they call us mortals, but at one point, Loki says 'the humans think us immortal. Shall we test that?' just before he tries to kill Thor. Confuses me a bit.
Yep. There should be more clarity, less "the audience will fill in the blanks." I for one have no problem with them being full on mystically empowered cosmic type beings. With Dr. Strange coming down the pike true supernatural magic is going to be in the MCU like it or not.

Mz. S., you ever get to see the HULK VS. THOR animated thingy yet? I really want to get your take one The Enchantress, Sif and Valkyrie in it.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #317
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yep. There should be more clarity, less "the audience will fill in the blanks." I for one have no problem with them being full on mystically empowered cosmic type beings. With Dr. Strange coming down the pike true supernatural magic is going to be in the MCU like it or not.

Mz. S., you ever get to see the HULK VS. THOR animated thingy yet? I really want to get your take one The Enchantress, Sif and Valkyrie in it.
While I don't mind them being gods, I understand why they wouldn't want to label them as such. No point making the religious people mad by declaring them gods not when their money is just as good as those who realize it's just a story and no one is trying to dispute their religion. So Dr. Strange is definitely happening? I've been hearing a lot of 'maybe's and 'could be's but nothing for sure.

And no, I didn't get a chance to yesterday. I was really busy and working on very little sleep so I just passed out last night . I'll try to watch it today.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #318
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,915
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

The only two Avengers who REALLY hurt Loki where Thor and Hulk, and even then he wasn't seriously hurt. IM's repulsers knocked him down (same with Coulson's gun), but he got right back up a few seconds later and was completely fine.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #319
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,615
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
While I don't mind them being gods, I understand why they wouldn't want to label them as such. No point making the religious people mad by declaring them gods not when their money is just as good as those who realize it's just a story and no one is trying to dispute their religion. So Dr. Strange is definitely happening? I've been hearing a lot of 'maybe's and 'could be's but nothing for sure.

And no, I didn't get a chance to yesterday. I was really busy and working on very little sleep so I just passed out last night . I'll try to watch it today.
I doubt it has anything to do with religion. The comic books were always changing up exactly who the "gods" were. Aliens, superior beings, mutants, etc etc.

I'd say they are indeed gods in the MCU. Everyone uses different terminology based on their own opinions (BW calls them practically gods, Stark calls them demi-gods, Loki calls himself a god). But the general consensus is that they are gods and people view them as such.

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #320
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with religion. The comic books were always changing up exactly who the "gods" were. Aliens, superior beings, mutants, etc etc.

I'd say they are indeed gods in the MCU. Everyone uses different terminology based on their own opinions (BW calls them practically gods, Stark calls them demi-gods, Loki calls himself a god).
Oh, I didn't realize that the confusion came from the comics too. Well, I would love to know what they are in the MCU for sure.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #321
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The only two Avengers who REALLY hurt Loki where Thor and Hulk, and even then he wasn't seriously hurt. IM's repulsers knocked him down (same with Coulson's gun), but he got right back up a few seconds later and was completely fine.
Yeah but Coulson's gun was created from the Destroyer and the Destroyer was made to take down guys like Loki who broke into Odin's vault. So I'm sure that did quite a bit of damage.

Sombra112 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #322
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,197
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The only two Avengers who REALLY hurt Loki where Thor and Hulk, and even then he wasn't seriously hurt. IM's repulsers knocked him down (same with Coulson's gun), but he got right back up a few seconds later and was completely fine.
I just think there was an accumilation of a whole mess of damage, big and small, done to ye olde god o' pranks. God or not he took a lot of hits from EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES. That's gonna leave a mark. He's no god of Thunder, after all.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #323
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,455
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yep. There should be more clarity, less "the audience will fill in the blanks." I for one have no problem with them being full on mystically empowered cosmic type beings. With Dr. Strange coming down the pike true supernatural magic is going to be in the MCU like it or not.

Mz. S., you ever get to see the HULK VS. THOR animated thingy yet? I really want to get your take one The Enchantress, Sif and Valkyrie in it.
i went to the MOS boards as you requested and I'm getting crucified over there Damn you

TeeKay is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #324
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,615
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Oh, I didn't realize that the confusion came from the comics too. Well, I would love to know what they are in the MCU for sure.
Gods.

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #325
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
i went to the MOS boards as you requested and I'm getting crucified over there Damn you
Ow. You actually took a bad opinion on Supes over to the Supes lovers convention? Any blood drawn yet?

Sombra112 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.