The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #326
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
i went to the MOS boards as you requested and I'm getting crucified over there Damn you
Kiddo, wait it out. You'll find allies who have ALL the same critiques you do. It was divisive among the faithful. You should know that divisive means there are passionate fans on BOTH sides though.

Back to Thor now.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #327
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Ow. You actually took a bad opinion on Supes over to the Supes lovers convention? Any blood drawn yet?
It's SOME of Supes's biggest fans that have big probs with MOS.

We now return to the DARK WORLD speculation thread already in progress.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #328
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ow. You actually took a bad opinion on Supes over to the Supes lovers convention? Any blood drawn yet?
CosmicPinchy just arrived in the nick of time before I got lynched, thank God. hw saved me, kudos to him

Just go over to the boards and see what's going on, I DARE ya, come on

Last edited by TeeKay; 08-15-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #329
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
It's SOME of Supes's biggest fans that have big probs with MOS.

We now return to the DARK WORLD speculation thread already in progress.
Well...

I hear they're adding more Loki scenes to the movie with all these re-shoots. Loki's Army must be pleased.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #330
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
CosmicPinchy just arrived in the nick of time before I got lynched, thank God. hw saved me, kudos to him

Just go over to the boards and see what's going on, IDARE ya, come on
Thank you but no. I value my mental health

Old 08-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #331
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thank you but no. I value my mental health
it's a war zone out there man, barely made it out. It's nice to see that Marvel fans are not a decisive as this or cruel towards each other but I might be wrong, i'm just gonna pop over to the Iron Man 3 boards and see what's the deal over there. Wish me luck!

Old 08-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #332
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well...

I hear they're adding more Loki scenes to the movie with all these re-shoots. Loki's Army must be pleased.
Re shoots happen. No biggie. If anything I hope it's adding more Loki and Sif since Alexander had an injury that had her return for reshoots as well. Jane and Loki scenes are likely not being added because of Portman's schedule.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #333
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
i went to the MOS boards as you requested and I'm getting crucified over there Damn you
Well DO NOT start a discussion in HERE about MOS there's a special Thor vs Supes thread in the Thor world section

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #334
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Re shoots happen. No biggie. If anything I hope it's adding more Loki and Sif since Alexander had an injury that had her return for reshoots as well. Jane and Loki scenes are likely not being added because of Portman's schedule.
I'm not worried about re-shoots. Stuff happens, sometimes you forget a thing here or there or need to beef something up. It's cool, shows me they genuinely care about their art that they want to get it right. I think Alexander already did her re-shoots, I think it's mostly just Loki. I haven't heart anything on Portman or Hemsworth though so I think their scenes are good so far.

Last edited by Sombra112; 08-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #335
seahammer
Side-Kick

There are a couple of new Thor tidbits that I saw over on the-site-that-shall-not-be-named, and I'm surprised no one is talking about them here. *cough**cough*

The first is a press release that T:TDW is getting a 3-D release (no real surprise)

From the main page:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ers-october-30

The part that is exciting for me: "All the nine realms will be stunningly displayed when 'Thor: The Dark World' arrives in IMAX 3D,” said Dave Hollis, Executive Vice President, Theatrical Exhibition Sales and Distribution, The Walt Disney Studios.

I know there have been comments before that we will see a lot of other realms in T:TDW, but I like to keep hearing it!

The other bit is another interview with Alan Taylor. In the interview he praises Hemsworth quite a bit and talks about finding the right balance between sci-fi and fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucutm...8J3zNWUcERnCGw

Credit where it is due, both of these were first posted by DCMarvelFreshman (at least, that I saw) on the other site...

Last edited by seahammer; 08-15-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #336
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

I'd rather not see the movie in 3-D. I find too many movies have that cheesy way of shooting scenes so that people who watch in 3D will "feel" more of it.

The one example that comes to mind is in the Amazing Spiderman where Spiderman is fighting Lizard/Dr. Connors and Lizard throws a desk at the unsuspecting librarian (Stan Lee). It was done in the way that benefits the 3D aspect of the movie.

I hope for Thor they spend more time with the movie and storyline and effects than with catering to the 3D crowd.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #337
seahammer
Side-Kick

Oh, and one more thing about the IMAX:

"IMAX Corporation and Marvel Entertainment today announced that Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX 3D format and released into IMAX 3D theatres internationally beginning Oct. 30."

When they say internationally, I just assumed they meant outside the US, but re-reading it, could they mean that it is releasing in the US a week earlier as well, only on IMAX 3D screens?

EDIT: This is probably not true. I read a comment on another site and my brain shut off, but thinking it over this is probably just a misreading...

Last edited by seahammer; 08-15-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #338
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
I'd rather not see the movie in 3-D. I find too many movies have that cheesy way of shooting scenes so that people who watch in 3D will "feel" more of it.

The one example that comes to mind is in the Amazing Spiderman where Spiderman is fighting Lizard/Dr. Connors and Lizard throws a desk at the unsuspecting librarian (Stan Lee). It was done in the way that benefits the 3D aspect of the movie.

I hope for Thor they spend more time with the movie and storyline and effects than with catering to the 3D crowd.
Yeah, the "charm" (so to speak) of 3D has kind of worn off for me, especially considering the price.

However, if it means that I can see the film a week earlier, I won't be able to resist. Anyone else have an interpretation of that release date to help me out?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #339
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Movies these days arenīt supposed to be about watching only a movie. Itīs supposed to be an "experience" and 3D is way of doing that for some ppl.

I just think itīs expensive but I do often enjoy it. What choice do you have, I mean 3D is often not an optional thing?

It also dependss a lot on the movie but if they donīt do too much 3d itīs okay. The Hobbit in 48fps with 3D was bad ass.

Yeah sorry bud but as I understood it, you wonīt be able to see it until november. In Sweden you can see it the 30th of Oct.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/...ref_=tt_ov_inf (not factual but often legit site)

Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #340
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yeah sorry bud but as I understood it, you wonīt be able to see it until november. In Sweden you can see it the 30th of Oct.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/...ref_=tt_ov_inf (not factual but often legit site)
Thanks. I let my excitement get the best of me. Oh well.

I used to live outside the US and I did enjoy seeing a few movies before my family got to see them back home, but those days are behind me for now.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #341
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well DO NOT start a discussion in HERE about MOS there's a special Thor vs Supes thread in the Thor world section
Sorry

Old 08-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #342
Bren
Forevernoob

My needs are small. Please can Thor 2 be at least a good movie.

Amen.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #343
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

If the WB ever does a Justice League movie. Then they defeat the bad guys with a dance off

Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #344
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I think people think Loki was beaten a little to easily, which he wasn't. He was hit by IM, Thor, pummeled by Hulk, exploded by HE and Cap got a few hits in in Germany. The only one who didn't get a chance to hit him physically was BW and she beat him with trickery which, for a trickster, would be a much harder blow.
That scene irritated me. He is Loki.

But it didn't even matter. Because Loki DID tear her apart, HE did affect her (you could tell by her conversation with Clint) he completely got inside her head there. She called him a monster, and he said "you brought the monster". How the HELL does that reveal that he wanted to unleash the Hulk?

I think that was the stupidest moment in the movie.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #345
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
That scene irritated me. He is Loki.

But it didn't even matter. Because Loki DID tear her apart, HE did affect her (you could tell by her conversation with Clint) he completely got inside her head there. She called him a monster, and he said "you brought the monster". How the HELL does that reveal that he wanted to unleash the Hulk?

I think that was the stupidest moment in the movie.
Who else could he have been talking about other than Hulk? And yes he affected her but she got what she wanted from him. I loved that scene.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #346
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Who else could he have been talking about other than Hulk? And yes he affected her but she got what she wanted from him. I loved that scene.
But it didn't matter anyways. The Hulk was still unleashed. Really, her "tricking" Loki did nothing for them. At the end of it, he still got what he wanted.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #347
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
But it didn't matter anyways. The Hulk was still unleashed. Really, her "tricking" Loki did nothing for them. At the end of it, he still got what he wanted.
I never got that part. I understand he wanted Hulk to cause damage but I'm confused as to why Banner lost control and why BW promising on her life to get him out safely seemed to really push him over.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #348
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
I never got that part. I understand he wanted Hulk to cause damage but I'm confused as to why Banner lost control and why BW promising on her life to get him out safely seemed to really push him over.
He was already losing it when the superheros were getting all pissy at one another. Remember that he grabbed the sceptor in that scene. That very well could have contributed to his transformation.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #349
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
He was already losing it when the superheros were getting all pissy at one another. Remember that he grabbed the sceptor in that scene. That very well could have contributed to his transformation.
Oh yeah. It did seem like the staff was trying to irritate everyone and cause some dissension. That plus the explosion could throw anyone over. Okay

Old 08-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #350
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I got the feeling that he underestimated her because she was a mortal. The underestimation made it possible to pull off the trick.

It was like the first scene with her. She made the russians feel superior and uses that against them. The same thing occured with Loki, the problem is just that he already feel superior so she had to play in his hands.
Her reaction is what she expected Loki to expect from the weak humans. To put 1 man before the entire race is not logical.

They/she planned the whole thing. She must have suspected that Banner was a part of his plan. It felt to planned with the "You are a monster" thing.
The entire conversation was carefully steared towards that specific moment.

Closed Thread