The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #751
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I will say this, the scale of destruction in MOS was really quite preposterous. It was unthoughtful to the n-th degree.

Superman and Zod were throwing each other through fully populated buildings. There is this one shot where they blast through the entire ground floor of a building, that building would certainly collapse even if they didn't show it.

And then they threw satellites at each other and what not. It really was almost comical.
How do you know those buildings are full? They even show the obvious action was to run with the DP evacuating.

And the major damage came from the World Engine. People act like Zod and Superman burned the city to the ground. They didn't. Not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Eh yep I agree but the collateral damage in MOS was so over-the-top that is started to evoke 9/11 imagery Someone did an estimate of the collateral damage in MOS compared to The Avengers, see for yourself (don't mind the pic of Tony smiling and Supes screaming)

Basically, you are are mad that Zod was actually capable of doing real damage unlike say Loki or the Destroyer.

And how quickly we forget that Thor shows up and literally murders a bunch of Frost Giants because they made his happy day sad.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #752
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Really??? Like the time Supes punched Zod throughthe air, Zod flew away I was thinking he was going to go coz more damage and kill humans, but nope, he came back to resume his fight with Supes Why didn't he go and kill humans when he flew away if he was so serious about it???
Wait. What's your argument? Are you saying that Zod was only joking about killing everyone?

Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #753
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Fair enough i was just pointing out the irony.

I don't get what you mean here

Then why did Zod follow Supes after Zod flew away from the fight????

I mean Supes was in the ship, he could have just steered it away from populated areas not use his heat vision to take it down.
And the Avengers could of just taken out Stark Tower and closed the portal before anything even came out. Why didn't Tony just collapse the roof of his building?

We really need to stop talking about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Wait. What's your argument? Are you saying that Zod was only joking about killing everyone?
Yep, the World Engine attack was one big hilarious joke.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #754
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
And the Avengers could of just taken out Stark Tower and closed the portal before anything even came out. Why didn't Tony just collapse the roof of his building?

We really need to stop talking about this...

Yep, the World Engine attack was one big hilarious joke.

Because it would caused even more unecessary damage and killed more people, The Avengers cared for the people. In fact they did close the portal in a safe way without killing people in the process

And why was Zod terraforming earth??? why couldn't just go and do it to any other planet?? Or those old colonial out posts, he could have settled there.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #755
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
My argument is that Zod never attemped to do it before hand, he flew away and lured Supes to him. He wanted to fight supes. after he threw Supes in god knows how many buildings, why did he tackle Supes into space, that would have been the perfect opportunity for him to kill some humans whilst Supes was disoriented, instead he chose to go fight supes in space, oh the irony.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #756
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
And why was Zod terraforming earth??? why couldn't just go and do it to any other planet?? Or those old colonial out posts, he could have settled there.
The same reason Loki wanted Earth. He was mad at the superhero who enjoyed it.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #757
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Personally, all of this talk of Superman not caring about the losses could've been taken care of exactly like it was in Avengers: show the hero TRYING to save the people around him (not just the overall planet scenario). He didn't, and that's where all this comes from.

And no, him telling one person to get out of the way doesn't count. He's Superman. The whole point of his character is that he saves others, not turn a blind eye to deaths he can control. He's not an "ends justify the means" kind of guy where he can sacrifice a few innocents to save the planet. He's better than that. Or should be.
And that is the point ,he can't stop the deaths. He has no control. That is why the story involves beings as strong as him. They can't be stopped by picking them up and flying a few feet up into the air. They are military, they are advance and they are super being. It is like getting pissed that people died why Superman fought Doomsday or something. If he stops in his fight with any of these beings and he dies, Earth is f'ed.

And for the record, Superman kills the last of his race to save four human lives. Lets just ignore that.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 08-24-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #758
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Because it would caused even more unecessary damage and killed more people, The Avengers cared for the people. In fact they did close the portal in a safe way without killing people in the process
You are going to have to explain this one to me. How did they save more lives? If they collapsed the roof of Stark Tower, theoretically the portal wouldn't stay unless the machine could float. I don't think the machine could float considering it was grounded. Thus it wouldn't open and no baddies would come through.

Not that I am complaining, I adore the lack act of Avengers. But I just don't understand the ridiculous double standard that makes no sense.

Quote:
You didn't even watch the movie did you?

Old 08-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #759
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
The same reason Loki wanted Earth. He was mad at the superhero who enjoyed it.
Eh Loki wanted to rule earth and enslave humanity (pretty cliche but understandable), Zod wanted to re-create Krypton on earth when he could have done it on any other planet. Infact he acknowledged that there were still Kryptonian colonial out posts, why couldn't he just live there??

Old 08-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #760
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
My argument is that Zod never attemped to do it before hand, he flew away and lured Supes to him. He wanted to fight supes. after he threw Supes in god knows how many buildings, why did he tackle Supes into space, that would have been the perfect opportunity for him to kill some humans whilst Supes was disoriented, instead he chose to go fight supes in space, oh the irony.
His plan after losing all chances of Krypton's rebirth and all of his people:
1. Kill Superman.
2. Kill all of the Humans.

Not sure what's difficult to understand about that. Sometimes putting distance between yourself and your opponent is a fighting tactic. But had Superman just flown away from Metropolis waiting for Zod to follow, he'd kind of just be leaving him to find what civilians he could and snap them in half.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #761
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Eh Loki wanted to rule earth and enslave humanity (pretty cliche but understandable), Zod wanted to re-create Krypton on earth when he could have done it on any other planet. Infact he acknowledged that there were still Kryptonian colonial out posts, why couldn't he just live there??
The World Engines didn't work on those planets. That is why the travelers died off. The planets weren't suitable for terraforming. Every outpost they checked was a ghost town. The reason Earth wasn't already terraformed is because the Earth bound scout ship crash landed with everyone on board still in cryo-sleep.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #762
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
You are going to have to explain this one to me. How did they save more lives? If they collapsed the roof of Stark Tower, theoretically the portal wouldn't stay unless the machine could float. I don't think the machine could float considering it was grounded. Thus it wouldn't open and no baddies would come through.

Not that I am complaining, I adore the lack act of Avengers. But I just don't understand the ridiculous double standard that makes no sense.

You didn't even watch the movie did you?
I did, he said they withered and died but that doesn't mean they couldn't re-settle there. Besides why earth, you still haven't answered that question, there are plenty more other planets out there.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #763
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
The World Engines didn't work on those planets. That is why the travelers died off. The planets weren't suitable for terraforming. Every outpost they checked was a ghost town.
Eh where did he say the world engines didn't work on the other planets???So earth was suitable??? He never acknowledged that.... what about Mars, venus, saturn??? Bad and lazy writing but yet again, it's Goyer who was writing.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #764
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I did, he said they withered and died but that doesn't mean they couldn't re-settle there. Besides why earth, you still haven't answered that question, there are plenty more other planets out there.
It is where the codex is. It is clearly inhabitable. The planet has great pancakes. He already hates Clark.

Also like how you ignored the rest of the post.

Now, can we stop?

Quote:
Eh where did he say the world engines didn't work on the other planets???So earth was suitable??? He never acknowledged that.... what about Mars, venus, saturn??? Bad and lazy writing but yet again, it's Goyer who was writing.
Did you not notice they found only one Kryptonian on their travels?

Old 08-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #765
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Who gives a ****. Honestly. Superman had excessive collateral damage. So what?

This thread has NOTHING to do with man of steel. This is the Thor: The Dark World News and Speculation thread. The mods have made it clear how they don't want this discussion going on in here. I come in here, hoping to talk about Thor, and I see the last three pages are battles of pointless crap.

You want to compare Thor and Man of Steel? Take it here http://forums.superherohype.com/show...079&highlight=

Vartha made that thread for this reason.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #766
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
His plan after losing all chances of Krypton's rebirth and all of his people:
1. Kill Superman.
2. Kill all of the Humans.

Not sure what's difficult to understand about that. Sometimes putting distance between yourself and your opponent is a fighting tactic. But had Superman just flown away from Metropolis waiting for Zod to follow, he'd kind of just be leaving him to find what civilians he could and snap them in half.
Zod flew away, he had a chance to kill the people but decided to come back and resume his fight with Supes?? that baffles me...

Besides, i have answered this question, why choose earth???

Old 08-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #767
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

This thread has NOTHING to do with man of steel. This is the Thor: The Dark World News and Speculation thread. The mods have made it clear how they don't want this discussion going on in here. I come in here, hoping to talk about Thor, and I see the last three pages are battles of pointless crap.

You want to compare Thor and Man of Steel? Take it here http://forums.superherohype.com/show...079&highlight=

Old 08-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #768
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is where the codex is. It is clearly inhabitable. The planet has great pancakes. He already hates Clark.

Also like how you ignored the rest of the post.

Now, can we stop?

Did you not notice they found only one Kryptonian on their travels?
That's actually a fair point but Zod finds the earth inhabitable because they have to adapt, so instead he wants to recreate Krypton even though Zod adapted in like a few seconds.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #769
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

TeeKay I am done. jaqua99 is right. If you want to complain or dicuss about something that isn't Thor, do it in the right forum.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #770
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Just kidding thanks lol xD

Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #771
divan
Side-Kick

Superheroes break stuff. End of discussion. Now if we can go back to Thor: The Dark World... It would be nice.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #772
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
TeeKay I am done. jaqua99 is right. If you want to complain or dicuss about something that isn't Thor, do it in the right forum.
Yeah man sorry for wasting your time I'm just so passionate about CBMs you know, anyways, what are you looking forward to the most in Thor???

Old 08-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #773
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
And that is the point ,he can't stop the deaths. He has no control. That is why the story involves beings as strong as him. They can't be stopped by picking them up and flying a few feet up into the air. They are military, they are advance and they are super being. It is like getting pissed that people died why Superman fought Doomsday or something. If he stops in his fight with any of these beings and he dies, Earth is f'ed.

And for the record, Superman kills the last of his race to save four human lives. Lets just ignore that.
It's clear you don't want to hear anything negative about the movie, so I'll stop.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #774
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Just kidding thanks lol xD
Oh I am calm, no need for the brick wall to go up. Just stating the obvious.

Well, I tried.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #775
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It's clear you don't want to hear anything negative about the movie, so I'll stop.
I don't like ridiculous, made up double standards that don't have any basis in reality. Like I wouldn't when it comes to any other film except for the Twilight series. Complain all you want about that.