Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #276
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
again, im not entirely sold on the fact that hank is using tech to suppress his abilities. X-men need to conceal themselves yes... but they also need there abilities at a moments notice. Beast's powers aren't blue hair... its his strength, agility, and acrobatics. It's more practical for him to create something that shields his identity while still abling him to use his abilities when he needs them.

now... is it possible that the X-team split after the events of FC? and that Magneto tracks him down, breaks his tech, and reveals him to the public (to be mutant and proud) and that's how they get into their fountain fight? sure. it just depends on the context.

I'm still betting on an "image inducer" though, where he's still blue and furry and powered, but does not appear that way. This also explains why Hank would have this appearance in X2's cameo, and why he's so fascinated with Leech's ability in X3... because it actually takes it all away, and doesn't just make him "appear" to be human.

he probably stopped using the image inducer when he started working for the Government... it's bad PR to hide who you are when also trying to be a spokesperson for mutant kind.
It has to be tech that suppresses his mutation because in the scenes as Beast, he is ripping through his clothes like a Bruce Banner/Hulk moment.

Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
Old 08-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #277
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I just hope beast's arc doesn't rehash his first class arc.
I don't think so.

Beast and Mystique were both hesitant/apprehensive about their appearances and their gifts. Mystique accepts herself at the end of First Class, but Beast? Not so much. Sure, she makes an attempt to "inspire him" in Cuba, but we don't see him change like she did. If anything, the look he gives her after her "mutant and proud" statement confirms even more apprehension.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #278
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Beast using an image inducer doesn't explain why his clothing no longer fits and is busting at the seems.
true, but the "bursting at the seems" could just be because it's a fight, and not actually his clothes bursting open.

i just don't see why beast would be so fascinated by "the cure" like he was, if he essentially created a rough "cure" himself.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #279
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
again, im not entirely sold on the fact that hank is using tech to suppress his abilities. X-men need to conceal themselves yes... but they also need there abilities at a moments notice. Beast's powers aren't blue hair... its his strength, agility, and acrobatics. It's more practical for him to create something that shields his identity while still abling him to use his abilities when he needs them.
hank in FC wanted just to be normal... would he now stop wanting to be normal? no probably not, he is stuck as a blue hairy beast, it makes sense for his character to push the limits to make himself normal... but i think it clear it doesn't work out well for him

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-18-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #280
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
I am intrigued by the timeline on the side though especially these tidbits...

1962 A young Bolivar Trask hypothesizes the link between traceable higher-order brain function and certain genetic mutations

1973 Trask Industries unveils the Sentinel Program
1976 Bolivar Trask revolutionizes the world of prosthetics through DNA-generated artificial limbs
2013 Trask Laboratories unveils groundbreaking ability to create a hybrid gene with mutant DNA
2018 Dr. Gregory D. Burnett revolutionizes a method of growing synthetic stem cells
2020 Trask Industries announces Sentinel Mark X program

while it appears trask is creating Sentinels for human protection... he can't "hate" mutants, not with the research on genetics he's doing.... infact.. he's quite interested in them.

I'm willing to bet the "mutant museum" is actually Trask's personal collection he's acquired, most likely in the 10 years post FC (which explains why it's nothing but First Class items) he's begining to sound quite a bit like a certain mutant mad scientist we all love.... especially what he does in 2013.

his plans seem to put mutants in camps, so he can study and dissect them, rather than massacre them and stop them from hurting humans.
Isn't that kinda how Trask was in the comics tho? I seem to remember an episode of the cartoons where Trask wasn't necessarily hateful towards mutants, and the Sentinels running out of control and harming mutants and humans alike wasn't what he ever envisioned, and he tried to have the Sentinels shut down.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #281
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
true, but the "bursting at the seems" could just be because it's a fight, and not actually his clothes bursting open.

i just don't see why beast would be so fascinated by "the cure" like he was, if he essentially created a rough "cure" himself.
beast didn't take the cure in X3 though, i think that says something about who he has become by X3

Old 08-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #282
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I don't think so.

Beast and Mystique were both hesitant/apprehensive about their appearances and their gifts. Mystique accepts herself at the end of First Class, but Beast? Not so much. Sure, she makes an attempt to "inspire him" in Cuba, but we don't see him change like she did. If anything, the look he gives her after her "mutant and proud" statement confirms even more apprehension.
That, and Beast in X-Men: The Last Stand still clearly dislikes his blue form, as stated with his comments to Storm as well as his reaction to Leech.

It makes sense that Beast may try to do something to hide his image, but at the same time, I don't know if it makes sense for him to be doing that in the mansion when Xavier knows about his blue form, and with telepathy could see right through any image inducer.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #283
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
beast didn't take the cure in X3 though, i think that says something about who he has become by X3
no, but why would he be so emotional when confronting leech as his fur is disintegrating.. when he's seen the same effect before with tech? Beast still yearns to be human in X3, but it's obvious his morals keep him from pursuing it. And he is likely sacrificing what he wants to serve the mutant political agenda, and stand for something.

[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #284
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
That, and Beast in X-Men: The Last Stand still clearly dislikes his blue form, as stated with his comments to Storm as well as his reaction to Leech.

It makes sense that Beast may try to do something to hide his image, but at the same time, I don't know if it makes sense for him to be doing that in the mansion when Xavier knows about his blue form, and with telepathy could see right through any image inducer.
As stated in X1 AND in First Class, by Xavier "anonymity is our first line of defense".

Xavier has no issues with hiding. He believes it will keep mutants safe. That's the major conflict with him and Raven in FC as well.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #285
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
no, but why would he be so emotional when confronting leech as his fur is disintegrating.. when he's seen the same effect before with tech? Beast still yearns to be human in X3, but it's obvious his morals keep him from pursuing it. And he is likely sacrificing what he wants to serve the mutant political agenda, and stand for something.
Yes but in the 70s he won't be that person

would young hank not want to lead a normal life? would he just accept it and give up trying? plus Xavier is in a dark place also he ain't the person he becomes either

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-18-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #286
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Yes but in the 70s he won't be that person

would young hank not want to lead a normal life? would he just accept it and give up trying? plus Xavier is in a dark place also he ain't the person he becomes either
i think spideyboys point is why would he be emotional about seeing himself without the fur in X3 if he had figured out a way to suppress it 40 years prior?

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 08-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #287
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
i think spideyboys point is why would he be emotional about seeing himself without the fur in X3 if he had figured out a way to suppress it 40 years prior?
Maybe that way to suppress it is destroyed, or who knows what else reason. A lot can happen in 40 years.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #288
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Same could be said about the sentinels in the 70s, but that most likely will be explained

Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #289
narrows101
Side-Kick

Info about the wrap party - well, basically it's about Hoult and Lawrence supposedly getting back together, but it does say the wrap party was Saturday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...g-romance.html

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #290
JP
To me

This guy worked on the film..

Cool facts. Most expensive film ever in Canada. Second most expensive film ever from Fox. The best yet for sure.
https://twitter.com/brettschulte/sta...12588610957312

Avatar was 237m, and X3 was 210m.

So this films budget is between that.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #291
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Maybe that way to suppress it is destroyed, or who knows what else reason. A lot can happen in 40 years.
and in X2 he obviously had it.. if Singer wants to keep Continuity in tact... which he apparently seems to want to

[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #292
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Yes, Beast had the device in X2 so whatever it is he keeps it.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #293
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly

and in X2 he obviously had it.. if Singer wants to keep Continuity in tact... which he apparently seems to want to
same could be said about cyclops and storm in FC but that's been retconned, same could be said for X2 beast

It's a cameo Easter egg

Old 08-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #294
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:

Cool facts. Most expensive film ever in Canada. Second most expensive film ever from Fox. The best yet for sure.

That can be a positive and a negative. A positive in that they can accomplish more and polish the film a lot. A negative in that it has a bigger hurdle to jump to become profitable.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #295
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well, for a start you are trying to 'retro-fit' a scene from a 2006 movie into one that's just being made in 2013.

But it could easily be interpreted that the scene in X3 was showing Beast still had some emotions attached to his struggles as a conspicuous mutant, and was perhaps remembering all the challenges he has had in the past (a cure that didn't work in First Class, and whatever is going on in DoFP that makes him look normal).

The big questions are whether Beast decides to accept who he is and become 'mutant and proud' in DoFP or if it's left open that he is still struggling with that, and whether Singer takes into account that Beast appeared human on the TV in X2.

Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
Old 08-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #296
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:

Future Past better than Empire Strikes Back! Get hyped!

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #297
JP
To me

Quote:
Y'all are acting like he collapsed to his knees and wept in X3.

He had a private moment where he reflected on what he lost in the span of 3 seconds. Hardly anything that would cause a continuity error.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #298
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
same could be said about cyclops and storm in FC but that's been retconned, same could be said for X2 beast

It's a cameo Easter egg
to be fair, Xavier did say "one of my first students"

he didn't necessarily say they were the first x-men, and the school was not "teaching" anything but powers in First Class

[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #299
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Y'all are acting like her collapsed to his knees and wept in X3.

He had a private moment when he reflected on what he lost in the span of 3 seconds. Hardly anything that would cause a continuity error.
Exactly. Just about anyone would have a similar reaction to seeing something that they've felt to be somewhat of a handicap throughout their life, no matter how much they've come to accept it, be possibly cured for a second.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #300
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Y'all are acting like he collapsed to his knees and wept in X3.

He had a private moment where he reflected on what he lost in the span of 3 seconds. Hardly anything that would cause a continuity error.
eh, you don't have to weep or fall to the ground to see someone emotional in the eyes JP..

it's not a gaping continuity error, but it is something to me that stands out.. and just makes me wish for a far better series of films that flow without countless small hiccups.

[=]
Closed Thread