Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #326
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
However he looks human in DOFP is how he did it in X2. It may have just been an image inducer in then but something more medical in DOFP. It doesn't change the fact they've now established he can use whatever way(s) to look normal for a time and uses it to for whatever reasons. Maybe her was proving a point or thought it was the only way he'd be listened to in the debate. Who knows. But each time he ultimately decides not to transform all the time or the method is only temporary and can't be used on a permanent basis. We'll have our answer when the movie comes out. I'm sure most complaining fanboys will be happy to have one of the errors fixed as they obsess over them enough. They don't want the errors ignored, they want them fixed. Now they have one they can be happier about.
Fair enough

Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #327
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

It'll be pretty funny when we see Wolverine trying to convince his story to Xavier.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #328
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
It'll be pretty funny when we see Wolverine trying to convince his story to Xavier.
He's psychic so it should be easy for Professor X to believe him.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #329
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Xavier will be able to read his mind and know that he's telling the truth, and see the future through Old-Logan's mind and memories from the future.

-R

Old 08-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #330
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
hold on so your agreeing about the inhibitor? you was sayin otherwise 1 page back
I never disagreed with the inhibitor just said i preffered it being an image inducer. Which is a completely different topic and irrelevant

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #331
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I never disagreed with the inhibitor just said i preffered it being an image inducer. Which is a completely different topic and irrelevant
fair enough

In that case the whole disagreement was irrelevant

Old 08-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #332
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
fair enough

In that case the whole disagreement was irrelevant
Lol our last convo / disagreement was about cameos though not inducer vs inhibiter

[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #333
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lol our last convo / disagreement was about cameos though not inducer vs inhibiter
My argument was basically what it adds to the story comes way before fixing a small cameo plot hole, in comparison the brief few second cameo is not important, its forgettable, the story comes first

But if you agree about the inhibitor thing then the cameo disagreement seems bit pointless

Personally I think they may ignore the X2 cameo, but each to our own opinion

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-18-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #334
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
My argument was basically what it adds to the story comes way before fixing a small cameo plot hole, in comparison the brief few second cameo is not important, its forgettable, the story comes first

But if you agree about the inhibitor thing then the cameo disagreement seems bit pointless

Personally I think they may ignore the X2 cameo, but each to our own opinion
I think you're on a different wave length. But that's ok i guess.

[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #335
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
This guy worked on the film..

Cool facts. Most expensive film ever in Canada. Second most expensive film ever from Fox. The best yet for sure.
https://twitter.com/brettschulte/sta...12588610957312

Avatar was 237m, and X3 was 210m.

So this films budget is between that.
Okay I dunno why this seems to have been overlooked but this guy has shown a full flight simulator for dofp... Now I may be a generally confused person but what the heck is this for?

Oh and to weigh in on the cameos and what not. I see it as them putting in little glimpses of storm and cyc in cerebro so people go easter egg! I think originally that is what they planned for x2 because they wanted beast but chose not to put him in the movie. so it was homage to that. and so I think they will ignore all the little cameos of all characters and if they choose to bring them in as a permanent character and that is just something we then have to accept . dont forget that these scripts are swapped and changed so much that characters are written in and out a lot. I.e toad and beast in x2.

Last edited by xrs13; 08-18-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #336
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I think Bryan tweeted a Vine video of that simulator before.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #337
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Xavier with a full head of hair, BFF Mystique, CIA agent Moira McTaggert (due to Vaughn's obsession with making a James Bold movie... Dude you're helming an X-Men movie, not a James Bond movie. You wanna make a Bond movie, then make a Bond movie!)
You do realize the James Bond-esque tone of First Class is actually what makes it great and an aspect of the movies that was praised to high heaven from the critics. People loved it because it set the movie apart from every other hum-drum superhero blockbuster out there. It gave the movie some character.

Quote:
the "first class" consisting of Angel Salvatore (who???), Darwin (who???) and to a lesser extent Havok and Banshee (at least the latter 2 are legitimate characters from the source tho)
Angel Salvadore has been a member of the X-Men (and the Brotherhood at one point) for quite some time now in the comics.

As for Darwin, you also are aware that he actually WAS a member of one of Xavier's first X-Men teams during the Krakoa comic storyline?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #338
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Angel never actually joined the X-Men, but was a student. Darwin was a full member though like you said and rejoined when Brubaker was writing Uncanny.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #339
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
You do realize the James Bond-esque tone of First Class is actually what makes it great and an aspect of the movies that was praised to high heaven from the critics. People loved it because it set the movie apart from every other hum-drum superhero blockbuster out there. It gave the movie some character.

Angel Salvadore has been a member of the X-Men (and the Brotherhood at one point) for quite some time now in the comics.

As for Darwin, you also are aware that he actually WAS a member of one of Xavier's first X-Men teams during the Krakoa comic storyline?
No she didn.t She was just a student.

And it was an issue for FC to have so many lesser known characters especially with the GA. It wouldn't be an issue if those characters appeared with the characters that the OT cast are portraying.

And Matthew Vaughn/Jane Goldman were responsible for the James Bond-esque tone of the film. Who knows if they will comeback to write/direct another X-Men film now that Singer is directing another X-Men film.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-18-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #340
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Matthew Vaughn is one of the Executive Producers of DOFP and also working with 20th Century Fox on another comic-book adaptation for The Secret Service.

The likelihood that he would be back to direct another X-Men film is pretty high.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #341
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Okay I dunno why this seems to have been overlooked but this guy has shown a full flight simulator for dofp... Now I may be a generally confused person but what the heck is this for?

Oh and to weigh in on the cameos and what not. I see it as them putting in little glimpses of storm and cyc in cerebro so people go easter egg! I think originally that is what they planned for x2 because they wanted beast but chose not to put him in the movie. so it was homage to that. and so I think they will ignore all the little cameos of all characters and if they choose to bring them in as a permanent character and that is just something we then have to accept . dont forget that these scripts are swapped and changed so much that characters are written in and out a lot. I.e toad and beast in x2.
Hank was in X2 though. He was clearly named as Hank McCoy. It's completely different to the FC cameos. Anyway, as more than one poster has said DOFP explains his appearance so it doesn't need to be ignored.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #342
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Of course Sebastian Shaw was in that same scene, and was dead by then.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #343
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonc32 View Post
Of course Sebastian Shaw was in that same scene, and was dead by then.
If Im not mistaken, the part of the cameo that identified shaw as the other man is a deleted scene.

[=]
Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #344
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Question, is Singer doing his part to muck up the continuity by changed beast face look? I like the cat beast. But, I see one more X-film to complete what I consider this new trilogy FC, DOFP, and one more sequel...would have been nice to see one look for him lol

Old 08-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #345
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Lol i honestly wish we kinda got an amazing looking beast that looked like Jim Lee era beast at some point on film. He's been too humanoid for my liking on film. If makes him less ape like and less flexible

Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #346
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

Time Travel movies are ALWAYS filled with plot holes. Keep expectations low.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #347
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Question, is Singer doing his part to muck up the continuity by changed beast face look? I like the cat beast. But, I see one more X-film to complete what I consider this new trilogy FC, DOFP, and one more sequel...would have been nice to see one look for him lol
I think this new trilogy would be FC, The Wolverine and DOFP...

Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #348
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmmm for me, DOFP is the start of the new trilogy.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #349
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockteur View Post
Time Travel movies are ALWAYS filled with plot holes. Keep expectations low.
Keep expectations low, real good outlook you have there.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #350
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Lots I've missed that I wanna respond to!

Quote:
Exactly

and in X2 he obviously had it.. if Singer wants to keep Continuity in tact... which he apparently seems to want to
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Yes, Beast had the device in X2 so whatever it is he keeps it.
Quote:
same could be said about cyclops and storm in FC but that's been retconned, same could be said for X2 beast

It's a cameo Easter egg
GuestStar pretty much summed up my response. Hank McCoy in X2 was nothing more than a cameo that isn't in any way shape or form a real part of the character's arc. It can be ignored and won't be any sort of "error" or contradiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Y'all are acting like he collapsed to his knees and wept in X3.

He had a private moment where he reflected on what he lost in the span of 3 seconds. Hardly anything that would cause a continuity error.
Exactly this.

Quote:
eh, you don't have to weep or fall to the ground to see someone emotional in the eyes JP..

it's not a gaping continuity error, but it is something to me that stands out.. and just makes me wish for a far better series of films that flow without countless small hiccups.
It's not an error in the least bit, gaping or otherwise.

In X-Men: The Last Stand Beast has dialogue expressing a positive view towards the cure ("Is it cowardice to save one's self from persecution? Not all of us can fit in so easily. You don't shed on the furniture."), and an emotional moment when he sees the cure in action and is effected directly by Leech.

In his next appearance in X-Men: First Class, Beast is very self conscious of his physical mutation, going so far as to develop a cure to rid himself of it, and being saddened when the cure backfires and makes his physical mutation even greater.

There's no issue here, the character angle is completely consistent between the films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Angel Salvatore and Darwin are legitimate characters from the X-Men. Angel was a student from the Grant Morrison days on the title, and Darwin was a fully X-Man for awhile.
I guess I should specify: When I say "legitimate", I realize that both Angel Salvatore and Darwin are real characters from the comics, but Banshee and Havok are characters that have actual significance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
To the general audience I believe all these easter egg parts are missed or forgotten by most people. These Easter eggs are in general irrelevant to the bigger picture and shouldn't be overly considered in the continuity of the franchise as they are Easter eggs to please fanboys that is all - even though they are cool to see.
Yes. The Easter eggs are nothing more than this.

Quote:
there's currently nothing to discredit hank's cameo.. which is the point. He's appearing human in this film, so it is looking like it WILL actually fit with X2's continuity.

as for cameos... rule of thumb, if they never say their name/code name it's easy to gloss over. Emma "silverfox" is truly the hardest to currently gloss over... but it's still "passable" by the fact it only showed one power of hers.. and other than that power, and her first name (some promotional photos were the only ones to list her last name as Frost).

X-men's Sabretooth was only called by his Code Name (though it's strongly hinted they both had a prior past in the way they recognize each-other's scent.) and in XO he was only called Victor. At this point he's completely up in the air... Sabretooth and Victor could be two completely different people, or the Sabretooth we saw in X-Men could be Victor gone "Feral" which is also quite possible.

all other cameos (Psylocke, Phat, Anole, "the supposed Quicksilver", Syrin (though she's been stated to be that character), Moonstar (same as syrin), etc... are also easily dissmissable if they ever wanted to expand on the characters. They wouldn't be the first time a character has been recast with an age/look change (Kitty Pryde), had the same powers as another x-man, and those characters were never named on screen...
Emma wasn't even named period in the movie. She's never called "Emma" once. But everything else I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post

Maybe I should specify that I give exactly 0% credibility to anything any critic will ever say about any movie ever. Critics are 100% insignificant in my book, and their opinions of films has absolutely zero relevance to my feelings on a film.

The James Bond aspects of the film were the things that I -didn't- like about it.

Moira McTaggert as a CIA agent when that is nothing like her comic book character, spinning booths that lead to secret rooms (really?? Vaughn busted out THAT cliche??), breakaway secret subway headquarter bases that detached from another boat... all of these were incredibly lame and cliche plot elements in my book, and the scene when Xavier reads Emma's mind and sees Shaw's plans, complete with maps being nuked, and American and USSR flags waving in the background still ranks as perhaps my single most hated scene in the entire franchise.

When the movie was actually focused on being an X-MEN movie, it's the best of the bunch. But it pisses me off in it's elements where it's trying to be something that it's not. If I want to watch a James Bond movie, I own the complete collection box set on DVD, I'll pop one in. When I go to an X-Men movie, or pop in the Blu Ray, I want to watch an X-Men movie, not a James Bond movie.

And I literally couldn't care less what critics have to say on the matter. Critics are completely and truly irrelevant, and I will never lend even the smallest ounce of credibility to a critics' opinion of a film.

Closed Thread