The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #351
MarvelU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,118
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

At my theater they already have the X-Men magneto and Professor X posters. I am liking the promotion so far and it will get crazier in the few months before the movie is out. The budget seems to be big as well. This will be the biggest X-Men movie to date.

MarvelU is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #352
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

My local theater has the posters up too.


Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 03:20 AM   #353
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,470
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Yeah, I saw mine 2nd time I saw The Wolverine.

JP is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #354
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,232
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Thats nice Nell2ThaIzzay and MarvelU!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | PROFESSOR X | PORTRAYED BY PATRICK STEWART
"Every few hundred millenia evolution leaps forward." - X1
"Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute." - X2
"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #355
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan
 
SAUspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 551
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

I can't wait for the poster of Toad!

I kid.

SAUspartan is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #356
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,167
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

The new pic is cool (though a bit on the brown side), but it makes me feel a tad disoriented to see the characters in their 70s gear walking along what looks like the set straight from the OT. And if that shot of Charles blowing the dust off Cerebro is anything to go by, it also means that the complex was built some time earlier. It just feels bizarre to jump from the 60s Cerebro to this.

Mrs Vimes is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #357
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,232
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
The new pic is cool (though a bit on the brown side), but it makes me feel a tad disoriented to see the characters in their 70s gear walking along what looks like the set straight from the OT. And if that shot of Charles blowing the dust off Cerebro is anything to go by, it also means that the complex was built some time earlier. It just feels bizarre to jump from the 60s Cerebro to this.
Thats my issue too. They should have changed the look of the subbasement to something fitting to vibe/look of the 70s. Plus it would look really cool. They missed the opportunity here.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | PROFESSOR X | PORTRAYED BY PATRICK STEWART
"Every few hundred millenia evolution leaps forward." - X1
"Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute." - X2
"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-19-2013 at 05:00 AM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #358
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,339
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Technically the sub-basement has always looked 60s-70sish IMO,

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #359
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,003
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

i think the sub-basement is mean't to be a place only created once, i'm not sure they would be changing it every decade nor am i sure who would be changing it for any good reason

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #360
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,339
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

^Yeah what a waste of money to renovate an area such as that. Adding on maybe but revamping an entire mansion within a mansion couldn't be cheap.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #361
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,166
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Charles strikes me as the type of guy who has no problem spending lots of money if he feels like it or thinks it is necessary.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #362
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,623
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

lol what were people wanting? Wood-Paneling and Shag Carpet???

that being said.. if the X-men have disbanded after the events of FC which seems likely since it's just beast and charles, and charles seems to have given up on his dream, why would he build the sub-basement any way? I don't recall it being in First Class at all..

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #363
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

yeah, I dont get it either.

There arent an actual x-men team, but Charles built this complex subbase to train.... who? lol

Angamb is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #364
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,623
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yeah, I dont get it either.

There arent an actual x-men team, but Charles built this complex subbase to train.... who? lol
I have a theory... what if the Sub-basement scenes arn't real.. and just Xavier taking Wolverine and Beast on a journey into wolverine's head.. to show Xavier the future ?

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #365
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,166
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Or they'll have a reason for it that will explained in the movie itself.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #366
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,889
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Prof X probably had a lot of time on his hands and maybe wanted some more insight on people's minds just for the hell of it. His character is not of yet the responsible saint that Patrick Stewart formerly portrayed. How he built it? Maybe Beast still had connections with people in the CIA. Who knows? Xavier was a rich man and could have hired engineers as well. Magneto may help him build a new version of Cerebro still.

Mr.M is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #367
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,623
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Prof X probably had a lot of time on his hands and maybe wanted some more insight on people's minds just for the hell of it. His character is not of yet the responsible saint that Patrick Stewart formerly portrayed. How he built it? Maybe Beast still had connections with people in the CIA. Who knows? Xavier was a rich man and could have hired engineers as well. Magneto may help him build a new version of Cerebro still.
the problem is, the sdcc trailer infer's Xavier has completely "given up" and is far from the hopeful man we know and love... giving up isn't continuing ones work. It's halting it all

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #368
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I have a theory... what if the Sub-basement scenes arn't real.. and just Xavier taking Wolverine and Beast on a journey into wolverine's head.. to show Xavier the future ?
sounds like a good theory, but I strongly think this will be 70's real base.

Singer just wanted to use it again, and here it is.

Maybe Xavier will give an explanation, maybe not.

I would have preffered a retro base, something in the middle between 60's and OT base, but anyway. it is what it is

Angamb is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #369
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,435
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
lol what were people wanting? Wood-Paneling and Shag Carpet???

that being said.. if the X-men have disbanded after the events of FC which seems likely since it's just beast and charles, and charles seems to have given up on his dream, why would he build the sub-basement any way?
It's not as though, at the end of First Class, he discusses opening the school with Moira, she leaves, and then he gives up on his dream immediately. He's clearly intent on building the school and, unless it takes 10 years to build a sub-basement, he probably built it first then "gives up on his dream" later. He is shown blowing dust off Cerebro, afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I don't recall it being in First Class at all..
No but the basis for the Danger Room is there and, by extension, the rest of the sub-basement.

BMM is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #370
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,623
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
It's not as though, at the end of First Class, he discusses opening the school with Moira, she leaves, and then he gives up on his dream immediately. He's clearly intent on building the school and, unless it takes 10 years to build a sub-basement, he probably built it first then "gives up on his dream" later. He is shown blowing dust off Cerebro, afterall.



No but the basis for the Danger Room is there and, by extension, the rest of the sub-basement.
the sub-basement has nothing to do with the school though... the X-men and Xavier's School for the Gifted are two separate entities. in the OT children weren't raised to be X-men, they were educated like any other kid, but also learning how to handle there own abilities. infact i thought it was insinuated in the OT that the kids weren't even allowed down there.

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #371
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,435
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
the sub-basement has nothing to do with the school though... the X-men and Xavier's School for the Gifted are two separate entities. in the OT children weren't raised to be X-men, they were educated like any other kid, but also learning how to handle there own abilities. infact i thought it was insinuated in the OT that the kids weren't even allowed down there.
Holy hell. Come on, guys. The school. The X-Men. The basis for ALL OF IT is depicted clear as day in First Class. Charles just finished assembling and training an army of young adults to help stave off World War III. Not only that, but he also made a potential lifelong nemesis in the process who also happens to have a brotherhood of mutants now working for him who are able and willing to wreak havoc on humanity. And you guys are questioning why he would further expand his training facility? After the events of First Class, I think the more obvious question is why wouldn't he?

BMM is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #372
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,003
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

it will probably be explained why he built the base, if cerebro is dusty it shows he hasn't been there for a long time though

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #373
Megaton Sun
Old Noob
 
Megaton Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

FYI, the sub-basement was in FC. The scene when they were training Havoc.

Megaton Sun is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #374
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

that was the early danger room. but not the full base, with corridors and all. We never saw that on FC.

Angamb is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #375
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,623
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

it wasn't even necessarily danger room 1.0, it was just the completely UN-finished pre-existing sub basement to the mansion. Probably wine cellars and what not.

that corridor was just a safe place in the basement to train havok

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.