The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #751
xrs13
Cold as ice

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

I just like the fact that this feels like it is going to be an X-Men film, By that I mean the fact it is a big time travel story, they are using characters from past and present so to speak and that they are using a different type of villain. We have had magneto trying to wipe out humans and stryker trying to wipe out mutants, this threat is to both and it is why the story is so good because it covers the exact thing the X-Men stand for in that they protect both. Plus the idea that this could mean the OT cast get one or two more films is beyond exciting for me. Singer has his critics for his tone of the X-films but I like that its in the "real" world. It's a good way of making people question how they would react. Makes a lot of people side with Magneto too. Excitinggggg!

Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #752
JP
Smelly

Singer's reference to Godfather Prt II is nice. Love how that film is structured and deals with the past and present.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #753
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
We should be happy gettting to see Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus, Bishop, Blink and co. all in the same movie, even if some of them get a small role, but at least we ARE seeing them. When we sadly cant say the same about other favourites of us. Like Cyclops, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Wanda, Angel, Psylocke, etc.
Yep, I agree. I've just been re-watching the Wolverine & The X-Men animated series and I love what they did with those other characters, even though Cyclops was made to look like a jerk.

Wanda is handled well, especially in the story where she and Nightcrawler are captured by Mojo and fight a mind-controlled Wolverine. The story shows the difference in views of Wanda/Magneto (self-preservation and survival at any cost) and the X-Men (trying to find a peaceful way).

The story with the future Badlands and Polaris is also great, except I hate the idea of a new breed of Sentinels that have been given Wolverine's claws and healing.

It made me think how well Wanda and Kurt could work as a couple, especially in the movies. But it will be a long wait for that, as we haven't even had Wanda yet.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #754
Angamb
Banned User

lets not get into the Wanda absence again.

Its so.... Fox/Singer.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #755
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i hope there is at least a mention of wanda, but am not holding my breath about that happening

Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #756
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
lets not get into the Wanda absence again.

Its so.... Fox/Singer.
Oh, god. Find something real to complain about.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #757
Angamb
Banned User

When you have the time, post the list of the things I can or cant complain about.

thanks in advance

Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #758
Mars123
Side-Kick

Geez we need something new to talk about I don't think move posted in like two days!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #759
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
When you have the time, post the list of the things I can or cant complain about.

thanks in advance
I don't believe I said you can't talk about it. That tends to be your department.

With a cast featuring 2 Professor Xaviers, 2 Magnetos, Beast, Mystique, Quicksilver, William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Blink, Bishop, Sunspot, Warpath, sentinels, and who knows what or who else, Wanda's inclusion (or lack there of) is the least of this film's worries and is hardly something worth being overly dramatic about.

Last edited by BMM; 08-27-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #760
xrs13
Cold as ice

What type of thing would everyone like to see characters do? I.e I would like to see Storm use lightning on multiple sentinels at once, and I would like to see older magneto not be able to rip apart the sentinels primarily but instead use the surroundings to do so. Kinda like he does in the comic during second coming on utopia. Also Iceman use the ice slide and get smashed off it... I know that doesnt sound like a good thing but it would be neat to see how that is done.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #761
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Apologies in advance if I'm late on this, but I love EW's description of the Beast-Xavier-Wolverine photo that came out last week:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/1...ast-professor/

"Oh, Hugh Jackman and Nicholas Hoult are there, also, looking respectively like the bassist and the drummer from the bar in your hometown that had to close down after all the murders."

Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #762
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i hope there is at least a mention of wanda, but am not holding my breath about that happening
I really hope someone mentions her too, either Pietro, her 'mom' or anyone.

If not, it would be such a slap on the face of the fans. Like... "We dont care about Wanda, X-Men fans, so DEAL with it" lol

Old 08-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #763
Mars123
Side-Kick

Maybe a Easter egg cameo??

Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #764
Angamb
Banned User

that would be cool!

a more or less relevant actress, but teasing her appearance in next movie. Id like that, but.... Im afraid we wont get it

Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #765
JP
Smelly

Last I checked, Wanda and Pietro weren't attached at the hip.

Heck, Quicksilver was in Evolution for a long while without the slightest mention of Wanda.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #766
xrs13
Cold as ice

Yeah. please don't take offense but I really don't see the relevance of Wanda. I doubt anyone would have even placed her on the "characters I want in an x-film" list until she was announced for the avengers. I would only really want to see her if they did a House of M, decimation typa thing but even then I can think of a million storylines I would rather see before that.

Plus now we have had the cure if there was the M-day storyline she is a cool character but until you introduce lots of other cool characters I don't think she would be all that interesting to show mutants being depowered that we have no emotional connection too.

She works well in the comics and provides such debate because of how she isnt responsible for her actions. I would say unless they merge the avengers and x-men there is no need for her. If they did merge she would be first on my list for story.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #767
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Last I checked, Wanda and Pietro weren't attached at the hip.

Heck, Quicksilver was in Evolution for a long while without the slightest mention of Wanda.
Wanda has hardly ever been In X-Men comics.Apart from the early issues she has always been a avengers character.

Quicksilver on other hand was member of X-Factor.Was key player In age of apocalpyse storyline.

On animated shows quicksilver has always been introuduced before her.Her not being In DOFP doesn't bother me.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #768
def28
Side-Kick

I'm not saying they can't be apart, cause that works fine but yall are tripping. Wanda and Pietro have been extremely attached to the hip in comics especially when they first started in X-Men then early days in Avengers. Those two go hand in hand. Eventually they strayed away but they were known for being together alot for quite some time.

It makes sense just on the fact they are twins of Magneto why people would like to see them together in X-Men. Their relationship is a big factor in the books and adds a huge of amount of character and depth to them.

Last edited by def28; 08-27-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #769
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

As far as I'm concerned they went with the right twin.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #770
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I'm not saying they can't be apart, cause that works fine but yall are tripping. Wanda and Pietro have been extremely attached to the hip in comics especially when they first started in X-Men then early days in Avengers. Those two go hand in hand. Eventually they strayed away but they were known for being together alot for quite some time.

It makes sense just on the fact they are twins of Magneto why people would like to see them together in X-Men. Their relationship is a big factor in the books and adds a huge of amount of character and depth to them.
Oh I agree they are great together but it's just I don't see the need for them in the X-films. Yet.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #771
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Oh I agree they are great together but it's just I don't see the need for them in the X-films. Yet.
They should have been in X-Men 1 imo. But yeah given this story I don't really see a need for them, but I have no idea what they are doing for the most part. Wanda is a whole other thing to bring in, and to do right that would take time and focus. If they ditch that Quicksilver is the son of Magneto and has a twin Sister then I do think they are shooting themselves in the foot for future films. So we'll see. Sooner or later they have to embrace the relations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
As far as I'm concerned they went with the right twin.
Quicksilver is the easiest to explain in powers and give impatient quirks to, which should make him interesting to the audience without giving much explanation. So I agree with that.

Last edited by def28; 08-27-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #772
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I totally had a dream about Days Of Future Past last night, that a good chunk of the film was leaked / released, a long, significant chunk of the film.

In it, Xavier was giving a voice over of returning to his dream, and finally working again towards his vision of a society of coexistence. While giving the voice over, the end of the film featured the recruitment of young Cyclops and Storm to the team. When Cyclops joined the team, Havok was there to greet him, and they were confirmed to be brothers. Havok, was also with Polaris, and when the new recruits of Cyclops and Storm came on board, Havok and Polaris went off to go live their life together.

Conclusion: This movie needs to be released already!! Or we need some kind of official footage / trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Future kinda worries me as well, there are enough characters in that part of the movie to fill a whole separate film. I hope it won't feel like they're trying to squeeze in Terminator 2 and Terminator Salvation into one movie.
Ugh I hope they don't try to squeeze Terminator: Salvation into ANYTHING. That movie was horrible

As for the run time, not there's been no talk of runtime, that won't come until closer to the release. But given the runtimes of X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine both probably being the longest movies of the series thus far, all that's involved with X-Men: Days Of Future Past, and the seeming creative control given to Singer, I imagine that the movie will get the runtime it needs, and that it will be longer rather than shorter.

Quote:
I really hope someone mentions her too, either Pietro, her 'mom' or anyone.

If not, it would be such a slap on the face of the fans. Like... "We dont care about Wanda, X-Men fans, so DEAL with it" lol
Not even anywhere close to "slap in the face". See... this is what BMM is talking about. Over dramatic over literally NOTHING.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #773
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I totally had a dream about Days Of Future Past last night, that a good chunk of the film was leaked / released, a long, significant chunk of the film.

In it, Xavier was giving a voice over of returning to his dream, and finally working again towards his vision of a society of coexistence. While giving the voice over, the end of the film featured the recruitment of young Cyclops and Storm to the team. When Cyclops joined the team, Havok was there to greet him, and they were confirmed to be brothers. Havok, was also with Polaris, and when the new recruits of Cyclops and Storm came on board, Havok and Polaris went off to go live their life together.

Conclusion: This movie needs to be released already!! Or we need some kind of official footage / trailers.

We agree about little but that sir we do agree upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #774
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

It would be nice to see Scarlet Witch at some point. Yes, she only featured in the early comics as a Brotherhood member but she had a stronger role in later comic book stories (House of M, etc) and in the animated series.

Fox shouldn't be just pointing us in the direction of Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron to see the character. Just sayin.

I wonder if future Magneto will mention his son (or children)? If Quicksilver exists in the past, what happened to him after that? I wonder if we see father and son falling out in the 70s and Quicksilver going his own way?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #775
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It would be nice to see Scarlet Witch at some point. Yes, she only featured in the early comics as a Brotherhood member but she had a stronger role in later comic book stories (House of M, etc) and in the animated series.

Fox shouldn't be just pointing us in the direction of Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron to see the character. Just sayin.

I wonder if future Magneto will mention his son (or children)? If Quicksilver exists in the past, what happened to him after that? I wonder if we see father and son falling out in the 70s and Quicksilver going his own way?
My guess is there will be contention from the start but he comes along with him becuase he is his father. Perhaps he dies at the X-Men's "hands" so to speak making the divide between them even greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Closed Thread