The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #951
xrs13
Cold as ice

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

I am thinking some form of teaser in the counselor for more of the adult audience and then a big teaser in the hobbit to get a bigger audience. I would love to see psylocke in x-force and then even as an x-men team member. I was never really a big fan of her but I really am lately especially in Woods current x-men run. I am liking that he is having her more adaptable and different to other tk users by having like the crossbow construct. its cool

Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #952
BMM
Side-Kick

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The Counselor will most likely be rated R.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #953
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Same with me.

But Im really interested in X-Force. Team spin-offs are cool and expand the universe in a bigger way than a solo movie.
X-Force sure, especially if they go with a top lineup. Still won't be up there with an X-Men but any team film wtihin the X-universe will be something I'm very interested in. Especially as there are some X-Force characters I really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Yeah I agree, I don't really see origins or the wolverine in the x-men film series, I see them as spin offs kinda like old man Logan and wolverines other solo titles. The X-men are a team through and through and more than that they are a family so for me it always loses something when they arent all together. It was done quite well in x2 for me when Logan came back from alkali we had storm and rogue greet him before jean and cyc and it showed they we all close knit. dysfunctional families always work better in my eyes haha
They're the best dysfunctional family in comics. Feel much more like a family than Avengers & Justice League (although I love both of those too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique's Leg View Post
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked Psylocke's look in X3. They better re-introduce her in X-Force a la Emma Frost in FC. She's a rather popular character and she has a distinctive look. I hope she'll be the strong main female character of X-force. Zhang Ziyi would be perfect for the part. She has both acting and fighting skills. I'd rather have them skip the body swap/Revanche story line.
That Psylocke look looked like it had been thought up and put together over lunch. Not saying it looks horrendous, just a very minimal effort.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #954
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked Psylocke's look in X3. They better re-introduce her in X-Force a la Emma Frost in FC. She's a rather popular character and she has a distinctive look. I hope she'll be the strong main female character of X-force.
I wasn't a fan of her portrayal in X3 but I appreciate they incorporated her into the film, no matter how small the role was.

I'm still trying to decide whether I want her or Domino to be the lead Female role. Psylocke is so badass in UXF and one of the most popular X-Men characters but Domino has been one of most frequent members of X-Force since it began. If they're both in the film I'll be ecstatic.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #955
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

EDIT: Wrong thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 08-30-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #956
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wolverine films don't really count as X-Men films to me. Not because they can't be great or that I don't love the character but one of the main things about X-Men is the team dynamic with everyone looking out for each other. I never really liked reading an X-Men issue featuring less than 3 characters. Spin offs will never interest me as much as core team films.
I don't disagree with the sentiment that the X-Men are more interesting as a group than as individuals. That's reason #1 why both X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine are at the bottom of my list.

But I wouldn't say they aren't X-Men movies. X-Men Origins: Wolverine included many other X-Men characters, and acted as much as an X-Men prequel as it did Logan's personal story of his past. And while The Wolverine was much more Logan centric than even X-Men Origins: Wolverine, still incorporated itself as an "X-Men" movie with the inclusion of Jean Grey, and the references to X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I certainly consider them "X-Men" movies.

But I do agree, I don't get nearly as interested or pumped up about a solo movie as I do a team movie. I wasn't pumped up nearly as much for X-Men Origins: Wolverine as I was for X-Men: The Last Stand or X-Men: First Class, and I wasn't nearly as pumped up for The Wolverine as I am for X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #957
xrs13
Cold as ice

Yeah I would love! to see Domino on X-Force, maybe if they are going to continue Xforce as a franchise they could introduce Psylocke in another X-Men film with the OT and then have her Join X-force in a second film. Jeff Wadlow was good at making a female character stand out in Kick-Ass 2 so I think this should be gooood! Plus if as I am hoping the timeline creates a future with Apoc and brings back cyc and Jean it is very easy to bring in Cable in X-force and have him still be a time traveled and well it all works :P

Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #958
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I don't disagree with the sentiment that the X-Men are more interesting as a group than as individuals. That's reason #1 why both X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine are at the bottom of my list.

But I wouldn't say they aren't X-Men movies. X-Men Origins: Wolverine included many other X-Men characters, and acted as much as an X-Men prequel as it did Logan's personal story of his past. And while The Wolverine was much more Logan centric than even X-Men Origins: Wolverine, still incorporated itself as an "X-Men" movie with the inclusion of Jean Grey, and the references to X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

But I do agree, I don't get nearly as interested or pumped up about a solo movie as I do a team movie. I wasn't pumped up nearly as much for X-Men Origins: Wolverine as I was for X-Men: The Last Stand or X-Men: First Class, and I wasn't nearly as pumped up for The Wolverine as I am for X-Men: Days Of Future Past.
I think its more that I can watch the X-films without watching either of them and still be up to date and aware of everything, still have enough background on wolverine, and so in that respect they wouldn't have an impact on me if they didnt exist, I actually loved the wolverine, but I wouldnt say that or Origins are very connected to the others if that makes sense.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #959
Angamb
Banned User

X-Men is at #20 in TotalFilm magazine 'The 32 Most Successful Movie Franchises Of All Time'
Bond, Star Wars, X-Men and more...

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/th...ll-time/bourne

cant wait to see next year how many positions it will jump

Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #960
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I think its more that I can watch the X-films without watching either of them and still be up to date and aware of everything, still have enough background on wolverine, and so in that respect they wouldn't have an impact on me if they didnt exist, I actually loved the wolverine, but I wouldnt say that or Origins are very connected to the others if that makes sense.
I feel they are connected, but I probably get what you're saying.

Despite the inclusion of Jean Grey and the references to X-Men: The Last Stand, The Wolverine is a very stand alone film.

I would say that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is much more "connected", seeing as how it tackles a storyline that had seeds planted by X-Men and X2, and basically leads Logan right into the first X-Men movie. But The Wolverine is very stand alone, and can be watched on it's own with or without the other X-Men movies.

Even with Logan's arc of going back to the X-Men (even before the mid credits scene, I kinda took his "soldier going back home" or whatever it was at the end to mean him going back to the X-Men), if you didn't watch The Wolverine, and just watched X-Men: The Last Stand right into X-Men: Days Of Future Past, you'd never know Logan left.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #961
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I dunno, nobody knows if there will be any references to TW in dofp... I feel like it's connected definitely as in its important journey for the character. I wish they kept the scene in X3 where he goes back to Canada. In my cut its in!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #962
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I dunno, nobody knows if there will be any references to TW in dofp... I feel like it's connected definitely as in its important journey for the character. I wish they kept the scene in X3 where he goes back to Canada. In my cut its in!
I agree, that's one of the first thoughts I had after watching The Wolverine - after seeing it I wished they had kept in the ending with Logan going back to Canada. It would have fit in so perfectly.

I don't disagree with you about the significance of The Wolverine to the overall series. I guess all I'm saying is... you could watch the X-Men group films without The Wolverine involved and still get a full story. While The Wolverine is connected, it's also a completely separate and independent story arc from the rest of the films.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #963
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree, that's one of the first thoughts I had after watching The Wolverine - after seeing it I wished they had kept in the ending with Logan going back to Canada. It would have fit in so perfectly.

I don't disagree with you about the significance of The Wolverine to the overall series. I guess all I'm saying is... you could watch the X-Men group films without The Wolverine involved and still get a full story. While The Wolverine is connected, it's also a completely separate and independent story arc from the rest of the films.
I agree with this. It does feel like it's own thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #964
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I doubt very much that they will reference the wolverine in DOFP, because its not needed it was wolverines own personal story that really doesn't need to be brought up at all

but saying that i do think the most we will get is the bone claws... but then again its set 10 years later so he will either still have the bone claws 10 years later or he now have his adamantium claws back with no explanation

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-30-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #965
xrs13
Cold as ice

The only thing I am concerned about really is how they address the non-adamantium claws because whilst people who watch the wolverine will understand the general audience who watch x-men won't get why he doesnt in the future.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #966
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:

Yeah you're probably right about that. I'm still hoping for a Yukio cameo or something though.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #967
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:

Yeah they are X-Men movies as you say. It's just the way I personally consider them. They aren't automatically a must see multiple times deal like core X-Men films will always be. (even X3 I must have watched at least 4 times)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
X-Men is at #20 in TotalFilm magazine 'The 32 Most Successful Movie Franchises Of All Time'
Bond, Star Wars, X-Men and more...

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/th...ll-time/bourne

cant wait to see next year how many positions it will jump
THey didn't include The Wolverine so in addition to DOFP it's definitely on the up. And some of the franchises like Rocky and Harry Potter are dead for now so the active ones will eventually get closer to the top. X-Men & Avengers related films have a big future.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #968
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah they are X-Men movies as you say. It's just the way I personally consider them. They aren't automatically a must see multiple times deal like core X-Men films will always be. (even X3 I must have watched at least 4 times)
You don't wanna know how many times I've seen X-Men: The Last Stand

I saw it that many times - in theatres - opening weekend alone! HA!

But yea, I totally get what you're saying.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #969
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i may have only watched X:TLS at least 3 times since 2006 but i only remember the stuff that annoyed me... so as you may guess.. i remember most of it :P

Old 08-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #970
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

What I like about the Wolverine is the fact that it took its time to tell a story and to evolve the character of Wolverine. That's something rare in blockbusters nowadays. It certainly can be watched as a stand-alone movie, but I really like how they took an entire film to show Wolverine dealing with the death of Jean Grey connecting it to the original trilogy. And then there's the mid-credit scene.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #971
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
What I like about the Wolverine is the fact that it took its time to tell a story and to evolve the character of Wolverine. That's something rare in blockbusters nowadays. It certainly can be watched as a stand-alone movie, but I really like how they took an entire film to show Wolverine dealing with the death of Jean Grey connecting it to the original trilogy. And then there's the mid-credit scene.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #972
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I've watched TLS a few times in the last few weeks, completing a fan-edit. That Logan ending was top of my list of things to reinstate.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #973
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up. The Counselor will most likely be rated R.
Exactly. They're not going to attach a trailer to one of their biggest movies of 2014 to a rated R movie. The biggest chances of getting a teaser/trailer will be with either Thor or The Hunger Games.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #974
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

hunger games would be best

Old 08-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #975
xrs13
Cold as ice

Oh yeah I forgot about the Hunger games haha, yeah that makes far more sense than the Counselor

Closed Thread