The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #976
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

Fox will try to appeal to many different audiences, not just the young one, so we can be sure that they will attach the trailer to different type of films until the release date.

Last edited by Angamb; 08-30-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #977
BMM
Side-Kick

That may be, but it's doubtful Fox is going to debut the trailer with a comparatively quiet film, like The Counselor, when there are plenty of bigger movies, with larger audiences, set to debut a month later.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #978
JP
Smelly

Yeah, we're talking about a trailer debut. Not going to be with a modest R rated flick.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #979
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It would be most beneficial with hunger games for what its worth

Old 08-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #980
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Hunger Games most definitely.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #981
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Yeah would be a good choice, doubly so with the J-Law link.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #982
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wolverine films don't really count as X-Men films to me. Not because they can't be great or that I don't love the character but one of the main things about X-Men is the team dynamic with everyone looking out for each other. I never really liked reading an X-Men issue featuring less than 3 characters. Spin offs will never interest me as much as core team films.
To me spin-offs, will never interest me as much as X-Men team films. I also consider First Class as a spin-off and its a prequel focusing on Professor X and Magneto, and judging from what was presented in the film, there were no X-Men in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Yeah I agree, I don't really see origins or the wolverine in the x-men film series, I see them as spin offs kinda like old man Logan and wolverines other solo titles. The X-men are a team through and through and more than that they are a family so for me it always loses something when they arent all together. It was done quite well in x2 for me when Logan came back from alkali we had storm and rogue greet him before jean and cyc and it showed they we all close knit. dysfunctional families always work better in my eyes haha
Same here thats why after DOFP, I just want FOX to move forward with X-Men 5/X-Men 6/X-Men 7.

I would watch a First Class 3 film, a X-Force film and Wolverine 3 film right away and of course they are interesting, but I would rather see FOX focusing on making movies with the original cast/series.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-30-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #983
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

I don't see how The Counselor would even be an option for Fox...

:o
Old 08-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #984
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique's Leg View Post
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked Psylocke's look in X3. They better re-introduce her in X-Force a la Emma Frost in FC. She's a rather popular character and she has a distinctive look. I hope she'll be the strong main female character of X-force. Zhang Ziyi would be perfect for the part. She has both acting and fighting skills. I'd rather have them skip the body swap/Revanche story line.
Yeah I would love it if Zhang Ziyi is Psylocke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullstar View Post
I wasn't a fan of her portrayal in X3 but I appreciate they incorporated her into the film, no matter how small the role was.
I can understand that.

Especially if something bad happens to this series and we won't ever see Psylocke in film, at least we got to see her in X3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I don't disagree with the sentiment that the X-Men are more interesting as a group than as individuals. That's reason #1 why both X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine are at the bottom of my list.

But I wouldn't say they aren't X-Men movies. X-Men Origins: Wolverine included many other X-Men characters, and acted as much as an X-Men prequel as it did Logan's personal story of his past. And while The Wolverine was much more Logan centric than even X-Men Origins: Wolverine, still incorporated itself as an "X-Men" movie with the inclusion of Jean Grey, and the references to X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I certainly consider them "X-Men" movies.

But I do agree, I don't get nearly as interested or pumped up about a solo movie as I do a team movie. I wasn't pumped up nearly as much for X-Men Origins: Wolverine as I was for X-Men: The Last Stand or X-Men: First Class, and I wasn't nearly as pumped up for The Wolverine as I am for X-Men: Days Of Future Past.
Whether its Wolverine, X-Force, New Mutants, First Class .... they are still X-Men movies but they are in a different category, they are spin-offs. They all came from 1 series.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-31-2013, 04:54 AM   #985
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I would definitely consider The Wolverine a spin off.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Not so much. Because it directly dealt with plot arcs that were set up in the main trilogy. Specifically, the Weapon X procedure and the history between Logan and Stryker, but it also established early times of other X-Men characters as well, such as Xavier recruiting Cyclops. While people really consider the main trilogy as the "foundation" of the series, I personally consider it more of a "main quadrilogy", as X-Men Origins: Wolverine - opinions of that movie aside - is just as important to the overall narrative as any of the others.

X-Men: First Class? Definitely not a spin off. It's a straight prequel. That's not a spinoff. The Phantom Menace isn't a Star Wars spinoff. I'll acknowledge that it was the first really needless film, in terms of it didn't really add anything to the overall narrative that we didn't already know (Magneto was a survivor of the concentration camps, and used that as his motivation to fight against humanity and fight for the survival, and ultimate superiority, of mutantkind; meanwhile Xavier and Magneto were once allies who had a falling out over conflicting ideologies), but it's not a spinoff.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #986
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

umm can someone clue me in about Vulture's "supposedly" spoilers? please?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #987
Angamb
Banned User

if so, use spoilers tag, please

Old 08-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #988
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
umm can someone clue me in about Vulture's "supposedly" spoilers? please?
http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/x-men...haracters.html

Before we got official confirmation of most of these things Vulture were the first to correctly tell us who Helman and Dinklage were playing, that Kitty sent Wolverine back in time, and that most of the cast would be on the SDCC panel. They have been right so far in everything. All that is left to be confirmed or debunked is something going wrong after Kitty sends Wolverine back in time and the team having to track down a mutant who can absorb her powers to bring Logan back. The site think it's Rogue.

The trailer of her seemingly being rescued from what is probably a mutant internment camp makes that spoiler also look true. I personally think it is and that is Rogue's role in the plot. That she isn't around the whole thing and isn't part of the team anymore for whatever reason until she's retrieved by Iceman and Magneto. It would explain why the future plot runs throughout the movie even after the time travel part.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #989
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/x-men...haracters.html

Before we got official confirmation of most of these things Vulture were the first to correctly tell us who Helman and Dinklage were playing, that Kitty sent Wolverine back in time, and that most of the cast would be on the SDCC panel. They have been right so far in everything. All that is left to be confirmed or debunked is something going wrong after Kitty sends Wolverine back in time and the team having to track down a mutant who can absorb her powers to bring Logan back. The site think it's Rogue.

The trailer of her seemingly being rescued from what is probably a mutant internment camp makes that spoiler also look true. I personally think it is and that is Rogue's role in the plot. That she isn't around the whole thing and isn't part of the team anymore for whatever reason until she's retrieved by Iceman and Magneto. It would explain why the future plot runs throughout the movie even after the time travel part.
Do we know this bolded part to be true?

Old 08-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #990
JP
Smelly

Well, Singer compared this to Godfather Part II. That film had two parallel storyline taking place in the present and the past.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #991
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well, Singer compared this to Godfather Part II. That film had two parallel storyline taking place in the present and the past.
Okay

The more involvement of the main trilogy cast and future time frame, the happier I'll be.

Now... do we have confirmation on those Vulture spoilers regarding the plot points? Or are those just speculation?

Old 08-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #992
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Its looking likely that the film will be going back and forth between future and past and that Synopsis is most likely true

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-31-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #993
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

^That's kind of how I always imagined it would go.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #994
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Its looking likely that the film will be going back and forth between future and past and that hypnosis is most likely true

Then it's likely that the film will put me to sleep.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #995
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Then it's likely that the film will put me to sleep.
Fixed.

gotta love Ipads and automatic spell checks

Old 08-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #996
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

obviously that Synopsis is only for the OT side, we don't know the FC Synopsis yet =)

Old 08-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #997
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

I liked it better the other way it made it seem like you had mutant powers.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #998
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Its looking likely that the film will be going back and forth between future and past and that Synopsis is most likely true
I'm not saying it's not, I'm just asking where the confirmation or credibility is, beyond just "well they got these other things right". Like, where is this speculation coming from?

Old 08-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #999
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do we know this bolded part to be true?
I could swear I read Singer also confirmed the two storylines run throughout the movie during the Montreal night with fans.

Quote:
Okay

The more involvement of the main trilogy cast and future time frame, the happier I'll be.

Now... do we have confirmation on those Vulture spoilers regarding the plot points? Or are those just speculation?
Well, we know they were right about Stryker, Trask and Kitty sending Wolverine back. We have no idea if them needing to track down Rogue is true or something going wrong that stops Kitty bringing Wolverine back. But considering the rest was spot on and they got the info from the same source you'd think the rest probably is also true.

The trailer does in a way seem to confirm parts of it. Wolverine is screaming with the blue light around his head so he could be in some kind of trance afterwards as only his mind goes back, and something could have gone wrong as it looks bad. Then the fact Rogue seems to be getting rescued from somewhere. Magneto going to get her from wherever would suggest he needs her for something. Those two hate each other in the OT. He wouldn't generally risk his own safety for her. Add it all up and it points towards the spoiler. Rogue does seem to be away from the others for at least part of the storyline and this would explain it. It would keep the plot going in the future portion and keep things interesting.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #1000
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I liked it better the other way it made it seem like you had mutant powers.
Hahahah... Me? mutant powers?.... never...