The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #151
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

It is hard to believe principal photography is almost over. Where did all the time go? :-(

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 08-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #152
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
It is hard to believe principal photography is almost over. Where did all the time go? :-(
I hope these remaining last few months leading up to May just as fast!

Alas, I doubt they will, as for the most part, I wasn't following along with the production very strongly, so it allowed the time to pass. Now that I'm following the production closely and my hype has built, the time is gonna crawwwwlllll

Old 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #153
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Principal photography is almost done.

Andy Warhol?

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #154
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I think at the end credits Apocalypse will turn around and smile *The End*
On a serious note will they be building towards AOA?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #155
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I think at the end credits Apocalypse will turn around and smile *The End*
On a serious note will they be building towards AOA?
No idea

Personally I doubt they cast anyone as apocalypse, they may just mention his name at the end at the very least, but he may be the villian in x-force but who know *shrugs*

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #156
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Weird. Is this part of the movie?

The coin was obviously left on the submarine after it fell to the floor when it passed through Shaw..

But Havok never left his top behind, Magneto never left his helmet behind, Angel never lost a wing...
10 years have passed if that's the 70s... lot can happen in 10 years. If this is the DOFP future... than many decades have passed....

that being said... good to know angel s. got plucked out of existence

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #157
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I still have my doubts about them "artifacts" being in the film, they are just incredibly random things which have no real to each other or at least no real link that would be useful to anyone

A coin,top of havoks costume, magnetos helmet and angels wings... It's an odd set of items

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-16-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #158
BMM
Side-Kick

It's possible they're not in the film, but what's the alternative? That Singer shelled out money to have alternate versions of props from First Class made and neatly displayed?

Old 08-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #159
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Is the time travel device being used to explain why they contradict each other?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #160
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i think there in the film, but probably in the DOFP future... either that, or they're a collection Stryker or Trask has... Trask obsessing over mutants.. or Stryker

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #161
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Weird. Is this part of the movie?

The coin was obviously left on the submarine after it fell to the floor when it passed through Shaw..

But Havok never left his top behind, Magneto never left his helmet behind, Angel never lost a wing...
1. Havok wwas wearing his costume and its likely they still had it after the events of FC.

2. Same goes with Magneto's helmet. He probably still used it after FC, and kept it for much longer.

3. Angel DID lose a wing. Havok shot one of them off in FC, during their aerial battle. Though, she probably grew it back.

4. Who said that the artifacts collection belonged to Stryker? It probably belongs to the X-Men. Or, its not actually a part of the film. But it probably IS a part of the film.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #162
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Andy Warhol?
Heisenberg dude.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #163
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

If them things in that picture are in this film then I'm really curious, its a nice call back to FC

Old 08-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #164
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just back from hair, makeup & wardrobe. Shooting reporter scene tomorrow morning#X-Menays of Future Past
https://twitter.com/AndrewPeplowski/...30311681806336

Old 08-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #165
the_wolf_nears
Side-Kick

Okay, well I was completely unaware there was a trailer leak.

Not asking for a link to it, as I'm sure it goes against SHH Forum rules, so can anyone tell me what it was about?

I have read comments about it and all I know is that it has a song from 'Inception'

Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #166
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Yup.

Quite frankly, that "really weird stuff" is when the comics, cartoons, and video games start to lose my interest.

It's like "okay, you went from a superhero story with some very strong and deep themes, character, heart, and motives, to "PEW PEW SPACESHIPS!! PEW PEW MONSTERS!! PEW PEW OMGWTFPWN DIS IZ SOOO COOL!!!!!1"

And I'm just over here like "*yawn* wake me up when you're back to the stories that are worthwhile"

Apocalypse is one of those characters that straddles that line. On one hand, Apocalypse can be pretty well done, well thought out, and fit in with the deep themes that X-Men is built upon. But on the other hand, Apocalypse also very easily falls on the other side of the line that just because ridiculous and absurd.
Comics arent necessarily grounded, they are based on the imagination. Its how you get characters who can throw lightning from their bare hands and have people with mutations like Nightcrawler. So you not liking the "PEWPEW" how were you a fan in the first place beng that alot of those things you didnt like took place in the stories and in the big stories. And you think the "PEWPEW" being out of the Pheonix movie made it better? Wow omg it was missing to much. X-Men is fantasy sci fi, what is the issue with seeing Shiar,Savage Land, Apocalypse its not supposed to be grounded its fantasy. If Lilandra and the Shiar were apart of the Pheonix Saga in the movie I would have died.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #167
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
Heisenberg dude.
No facial hair.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #168
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post

It seems just like yesterday when Patrick, Ian, Anna, Ellen, and Shawn were announced to return. Then, WHAM, Singer twitter that picture of Halle and it was just up from there.

I'm principle is over, which means a real trailer will on the way in the next 2-3 months.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #169
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Hey, how do folks know Rogue is in some camp??

My hope is that Wolverine kills the younger Stryker! If he does that then they would never have been at Alkalai Lake in the first place in X2. But its wishful thinking.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #170
xrs13
Cold as ice

It is getting exciting now they have finished quite early so it means lots of time for editing and fx. And thinking about it, if they have revealed so much so early they cant realllly let up on the marketing because otherwise people will lose interest/forget about it by november. so if fox's marketing team are good little bunnies then they will release a trailer in september

Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #171
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wolf_nears View Post

Not asking for a link to it, as I'm sure it goes against SHH Forum rules, so can anyone tell me what it was about?

I have read comments about it and all I know is that it has a song from 'Inception'
It was just a trailer with some of the footage that was filmed a few months ago. It basically starts in a dark future with the remaining X-men and some new mutants looking sad and desperate. Then you see a future Magneto, Professor Xavier, and Wolverine in some secret hide-out discussing the time-travel and how they were different in the past. There is a shot of Wolverine screaming (likely going to the past via mind-swap) and then you see the past 70s footage of Magneto with a gun, Xavier dusting off cerebro, mystique crying, Wolverine being shot, and a mass protest in Washington. There is more but this is the basis of the footage. All this with the inception theme "Time".

Old 08-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #172
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yeah in the future you can see: Xavier, Magneto, Logan, Storm, Bobby, Kitty, Rogue, Colossus, Bishop, Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot. And in the past there are scenes of Young Charles, Young Erik, Hank, and Raven both human and blue scale. From the trailer it looks like the movie will be mostly about future/past Charles/Erik

The trailer is pretty good, the "Time" music score catches the perfect tone to it.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #173
The Guard
Side-Kick

I was being kind of sarcastic when I said "really weird stuff". I guess it didn't come across.

The X-Men universe already contains some pretty weird elements, grounded approach or not

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #174
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:

Starts with some shots of the "future", and a voice over from Xavier talking to Logan. He's basically explaining that he needs Logan. Magneto chimes in mentioning the war, and starting it before it begins. There is a shot of Wolverine, Storm, Xavier, and Magneto traveling to what we assume is a hideout of other mutants, whom we see shots of including Bishop, Warpath, Blink, and Sunspot. Xavier and Magneto explain to Logan about going back in time to meet their younger selves, with shots of James McAvoy's Xavier and Michael Fassbender's Magneto. A quick glimpse of the time travel, and then a load of action shots from both time periods before it cuts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Comics arent necessarily grounded, they are based on the imagination. Its how you get characters who can throw lightning from their bare hands and have people with mutations like Nightcrawler. So you not liking the "PEWPEW" how were you a fan in the first place beng that alot of those things you didnt like took place in the stories and in the big stories. And you think the "PEWPEW" being out of the Pheonix movie made it better? Wow omg it was missing to much. X-Men is fantasy sci fi, what is the issue with seeing Shiar,Savage Land, Apocalypse its not supposed to be grounded its fantasy. If Lilandra and the Shiar were apart of the Pheonix Saga in the movie I would have died.
I am a fan in the first place because at it's core, X-Men is a wonderful blend of fantasy, and real life human drama. I liked the movie removing all the space stuff of the Phoenix Saga, because it allowed it to focus on the aspects of the Phoenix Saga that I DO like: a woman who possesses great power, becoming consumed by that power, and watching her downward spiral as she goes down a dark path because she has allowed this power to control her.

While these may be comic books, and sci-fi fantasy, there is a level to which is goes too far and completely pulls me out of the story. These characters may have fantastic abilities, but all of the characters that are worth a damn all have layers, and are more than just people with super powers. The stories that focus on the characters, and their human struggles, are the stories that resonate with me. Not the stories about aliens, dinosaur inhabited secret worlds, or galaxy eating goddesses.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #175
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Have I become that predictable? lol

Yeah, the cutscene is great (even after all this time). Though seeing it after all these years I can't help but find I hate Sinister's voice there. Completely inappropriate. Too rough imo. He should have a voice that's more fitting of your basic intellectual type character. Still not as awful as the Sinister and Apocalypse voice actors on Wolverine's Revenge. lol
Even though XML2 wasn't better than the first X-Men Legends videogame. The cutscenes of that videogame are just amazing! And if imagine we got Archangel, Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister looking like that in a X-Men movie but just little less cartoonish, I would freak out of the excitement!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Closed Thread