The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Have you had enough of Wolverine hogging the spotlight?
Yes 85 68.00%
No 40 32.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #351
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Wolverine definitely wasn't a stand-out character when he first appeared in the X-Men in 1975 - Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus were more interesting by far. Sunfire didn't hang around and, like Thunderbird, he was just angry all the time so he didn't have much dimension. But Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus seemed to me to have 'soul.' It would be good to see more of this in the movies. It would be what fans want, it would bring more depth and character to the movies and it would be something we haven't yet seen.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, GoTG 7.5/10, CA:TWS 8/10, Interstellar 8.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #352
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

not to mention that more general viewers would connect more with these other x-men, instead to just two/three characters.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #353
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,536
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Yeah the one thing I hate is because her connection to Wolverine Jean has been treated like a fully fleshed out character but Storm has been given the shaft. Berry being wildly miscast does not help matters. I just think it would have been neat to treat one of the few black female Superheroes like a freakin real character. I'm not saying make her the lead I'm saying do more with the little screentime you give her. I don't know maybe most of my problem is with dainty and delicate Berry playing this role that was meant from an actress who well wasn't delicate. Maybe if Wolverine loved her I would've gotten a decent Storm? Sigh.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #354
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Personally, I think they should have gone with a real african actress that looked much closer to Storm and with a bit more agreesive look.

I honestly think this would have made her stand out much more and more fans would have been pleased with the movie version.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #355
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,257
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

I honestly dont think any different actress would have made a difference. My liking of Halle aside, she herself said that she wanted storm to be more than just the soft earth mother but she doesnt get to make those decisions. In the video I posted in the storm thread you can see she wasnt happy with the storm we got in x1 and 2 and even if we just think its because she wanted more screentime, at least she was vocal she wanted storm to be more badass and not just "in the jet" as she put it.

__________________
xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #356
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,536
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Even though I think Berry is completely wrong for the role I appreciated her fighting for the character. I know she got a lot of hate for that but I appreciated it.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #357
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,257
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

It will be interesting to see if we get the Ratner x3 storm in singers vision or if we go back to the Singer x1/2 storm for this film. I know its not long enough to give her much to do but it will still be interesting to see the type of storm we get.

__________________
xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #358
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,536
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
It will be interesting to see if we get the Ratner x3 storm in singers vision or if we go back to the Singer x1/2 storm for this film. I know its not long enough to give her much to do but it will still be interesting to see the type of storm we get.
lol I think I should have posted in the Storm thread but whatever.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see which Storm shows up.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #359
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,257
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

If we are talking about the oversaturation of wolverine, people are bound to talk about the other characters of the franchise's treatment compared to him and then what they should get haha.

__________________
xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #360
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,536
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
If we are talking about the oversaturation of wolverine, people are bound to talk about the other characters of the franchise's treatment compared to him and then what they should get haha.
Point taken.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #361
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,175
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I honestly dont think any different actress would have made a difference. My liking of Halle aside, she herself said that she wanted storm to be more than just the soft earth mother but she doesnt get to make those decisions. In the video I posted in the storm thread you can see she wasnt happy with the storm we got in x1 and 2 and even if we just think its because she wanted more screentime, at least she was vocal she wanted storm to be more badass and not just "in the jet" as she put it.
I don't know, to me that video was so hard to sit through, Hugh and Halle praising the film they were there to promote X3 and Halle putting down the first two movies in the process, I just couldn't help but facepalm. Especially since the actors have had a change of heart about TLS since its release.

I don't even hate X3 as much as some people (I put it at about the same level or just directly below FC...I didn't fall in love with FC as much as some people either).

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #362
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,257
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

I dont think it was so much putting the other two down more so her saying she was hated for the things she couldnt control with the first two, which to be fair if I was an actor and people were telling me I was awful because I wasnt like the character I would probably say the same thing if I had no control over getting more command in the film. I get it could look like she was just saying the other two werent that good but I do think she was talking more about her role rather than the film itself.

I find it ironic that Hugh thought it was the end of the group movies but she didnt haha.

__________________
xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #363
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,102
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I don't know, to me that video was so hard to sit through, Hugh and Halle praising the film they were there to promote X3 and Halle putting down the first two movies in the process, I just couldn't help but facepalm. Especially since the actors have had a change of heart about TLS since its release.
its the fans response that likely changed their view on it, say if it was the same film and and it was really well received they would still like X3

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #364
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,489
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Yeah the one thing I hate is because her connection to Wolverine Jean has been treated like a fully fleshed out character but Storm has been given the shaft. Berry being wildly miscast does not help matters. I just think it would have been neat to treat one of the few black female Superheroes like a freakin real character. I'm not saying make her the lead I'm saying do more with the little screentime you give her. I don't know maybe most of my problem is with dainty and delicate Berry playing this role that was meant from an actress who well wasn't delicate. Maybe if Wolverine loved her I would've gotten a decent Storm? Sigh.
Jean was lucky. Not only was she the golden boy's love interest, she also has the phoenix story arc.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #365
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,536
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Jean was lucky. Not only was she the golden boy's love interest, she also has the phoenix story arc.
Yeah that popular story arc helped her not fade into the background. I guess Storm was lucky though because it's obvious that the studio and writers hated Cyclops and after Rogue was done being a bait and switch plot twist she faded into the background as well, doomed to have very little character development. I said I wasn't going to complain again but it drives me crazy. Those were the characters along with Wolverine who should have been focused on and it just didn't happen.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #366
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I don't know, to me that video was so hard to sit through, Hugh and Halle praising the film they were there to promote X3 and Halle putting down the first two movies in the process, I just couldn't help but facepalm. Especially since the actors have had a change of heart about TLS since its release.

I don't even hate X3 as much as some people (I put it at about the same level or just directly below FC...I didn't fall in love with FC as much as some people either).
I don't think Halle was 'putting down' the first two movies. She was explaining what the fans had said to her about Storn's portrayal in those movies. And clearly she felt that the character flying and being a bit less meek was closer to the comics and closer to what fans wanted (since she said they complained that Storm didn't fly and not much of a warrior). The execution of the ideas in X3 is what people criticise, but the idea of a Storm who is a bit more fierce is not in itself bad or absurd or terrible.

Storm did get very easily kicked around by Toad in X1, and she only ever left the ground at the end of X1 (not exactly flying but at least hovering), so it's a fair point to make. Her cape was unnecessary throughout the whole of X2.

We're not talking about the quality of X1 or X2 overall, and neither was she. She was saying how fans felt about her character, and those complaints have frequently been aired on this forum and every other CBM forum.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, GoTG 7.5/10, CA:TWS 8/10, Interstellar 8.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #367
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,360
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4ever View Post
just say yes or no.
no!

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #368
Fanged-Hunter
SwiftNinjaFox
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ft Worth, TX, USA
Posts: 255
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Wolverine has always been my favorite character in the X-Men, primarily because of the relationship dynamics he's involved in with other characters.

That said....I still voted yes. Wolverine should be the scene stealer as a downplayed character but with his smart ass remarks and his attitude, not the focus of the scene and the films.

I'd really like to see FOX allow the continuity to reboot post-Days of Future Past with a new continuity having been created and essentially develop two separate X-Men film series inspired by the 90s.

Series 1: Focus on Blue Team
Series 2: Focus on Gold Team
Additional spin offs: X-Force, X-Factor, Wolverine solo films, Cable solo films, Deadpool solo film(s)

Fanged-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #369
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16,057
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
lol I think I should have posted in the Storm thread but whatever.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see which Storm shows up.
X3 Storm would be saying things like

"**** Logan keep him back in the past or just let him die. We got bigger things 2 worry about"

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:56 AM   #370
Constantron
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Thessaloniki
Posts: 134
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Yes! Enough already.

Constantron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #371
Shpati
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 267
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Yea I am definitely sick of Wolverine. He was cool in the first one, and little too much Wolverine and not enough Cyclops in the 2nd one, but Jackman was still good. Then he was just awful in the rest.

Hoping Wolverine dies in this one movie. It'd be a good change of direction.

__________________
Shpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #372
Constantron
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Thessaloniki
Posts: 134
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati View Post
Yea I am definitely sick of Wolverine. He was cool in the first one, and little too much Wolverine and not enough Cyclops in the 2nd one, but Jackman was still good. Then he was just awful in the rest.

Hoping Wolverine dies in this one movie. It'd be a good change of direction.
Hahahaha you just hope everyone dies in this one, don't you? (I've seen your post for Storm as well). Well I disagree with you. But whatever you and me say, they will do what they think it's the best.

Constantron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #373
Shpati
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 267
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantron View Post
Hahahaha you just hope everyone dies in this one, don't you? (I've seen your post for Storm as well). Well I disagree with you. But whatever you and me say, they will do what they think it's the best.
lol. Largely due to my disappointment that we never got to see a true Cyclops in this franchise, instead we got to see Wolverine and Storm take his role. :yuck:

"They will do what is best" for selling tickets. And, sadly, Wolverine is the way since he is the character the common viewer enjoys.

__________________
Shpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #374
Constantron
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Thessaloniki
Posts: 134
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati View Post
lol. Largely due to my disappointment that we never got to see a true Cyclops in this franchise, instead we got to see Wolverine and Storm take his role. :yuck:

"They will do what is best" for selling tickets. And, sadly, Wolverine is the way since he is the character the common viewer enjoys.
Unfortunately that's true, about Wolverine. But still, wouldn't people watch it if it didn't have Wolverine in?

Constantron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #375
Shpati
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 267
Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantron View Post
Unfortunately that's true, about Wolverine. But still, wouldn't people watch it if it didn't have Wolverine in?
True. I was looking at the box office, and Wolverine having a role couldn't affect the box office my more than 25 million.

Maybe the writers and Bryan singer just like him because he is easy to write for. with other characters, you have to give more thought and depth.

__________________
Shpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.