The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 12-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #301
regwec
Shakespearo

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

I recommend the ignore function. You always know what he has said, anyway.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #302
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #303
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Mr. Vigilante-10 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I recommend the ignore function. You always know what he has said, anyway.
Well I admit it's been a while since I've used it but I think I'll take you up on that one.

- BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN-#TrustBatfleck -
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #304
shauner111
Side-Kick

LMFAO perfect.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #305
shauner111
Side-Kick

You guys are hilarious. You shower the other threads with hate (not all of you) then i come in and express my opinion. And i say straight out that im not trolling, and i love certain things like the cowl, this and that...but i dont like the colors of the suit. And you decide to ignore my posts because you can't handle ones opinion. Very mature! Awesome.

Oh and DarkVengeance, i feel compelled these days to write "im not trolling" because you guys just think im coming in here to troll on Burton's movies. But expressing your opinion, on things that you like and also dislike..is not trolling.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #306
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds.

Lawrence!

-Robin John Blake
Old 12-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #307
Blitzkrieg Bop
I made you.

You're full of ****, Knox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Indeed. That's what female power looks like, folks. Those are the ass cheeks of justice.
Blitzkrieg Bop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #308
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Where have you been spending your nights?

-Robin John Blake
Old 12-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #309
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds.

Lawrence!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #310
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Keaton's suit was ugly as hell.

There was nothing ugly about this suit. It was sleek, elegant and a damn fine piece of craftsmanship for 1988.

You don't like certain element of it... fine. But UGLY is a serious strech when we had had to endure puffy/jigsaw man for the past 8 years.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #311
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
theShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #312
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

The suit... ugly? Does... not... make sense... arkshkjhakjhkjfhkl....

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #313
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
It doesn't make sense to me, why the Batman would wear such bright colors over the black...when he's trying to go unnoticed and then be threatening
I think Miller covered that in Dark Knight Returns.

Quote:
Le sigh.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #314
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #315
shauner111
Side-Kick

Maybe i should have rephrased it instead of saying the suit was ugly. I dont mind the look, it's more the yellow i find ugly. The belt specifically. And the tone of the yellow. In some shots it works because of how it's shot, others not so much. It mainly sticks out in promotional pics.

Again, i love the cowl, the cape is cool. And i loved all of it as a kid.

I know. It doesn't make sense when others find something not so good, and you think the opposite. I've been putting up with these kind of reactions just the other way around for a long time now on these forums.

As for the jigsaw suit as you guys like to call it. I can see why people think it's a bit busy. But im a function over form guy. I dont really see the point of bright colors that say LOOK AT ME IM NOT ALL IN DARK COLORS! IM OBVIOUSLY WEARING A SUIT! when Batman could be wearing all dark colors so when people see it in the shadows all they see is black and could easily mistake it for a over-sized creature.

So forgive me for saying "the suit is ugly", as i didnt mean the whole suit. Im aware of how nice the material looks. But it's the damn yellow that bugs me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
There was nothing ugly about this suit. It was sleek, elegant and a damn fine piece of craftsmanship for 1988.
For 1988 sure. But i dont live in 1988. Right now looking back, i have my own opinions if you dont mind. You dont find the suit ugly? OK fair enough. But don't act like it's some fact and others can't nitpick it.

Last edited by shauner111; 12-18-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #316
theShape
Creature of Darkness

shauner111, I thought you said you'd stay out of the Burton threads from now on? I'm not suggesting that you have to, just curious as to why you haven't lived up to your word. Seems like you're fighting a losing battle here.

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 12-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #317
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Wink Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
shauner111, I thought you said you'd stay out of the Burton threads from now on? I'm not suggesting that you have to, just curious as to why you haven't lived up to your word. Seems like you're fighting a losing battle here.
Why because you guys posted a few gifs lol?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #318
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I knowwww

I will stay out of it, but if a new thing pops up then ill return to share my thoughts. That's what a forum is for no? I saw the pic of the suit on the last page so i decided to comment. I guess this means ill leave for as long as i dont see something new. Nothing new to see = nothing for me to say. I dont mind a few fun gifs shown in disagreement. But when people get rude, that's why i lash out with "im never coming back!".

Old 12-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #319
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Why because you guys posted a few gifs lol?
No, because of the current trajectory of his posts in these threads and because of his general attitude. I know you've defended his views in the past, but you can still see how this is going and how it has been going recently for him.

He pops in to make a declarative statement expressing his disdain, disapproval, or general indifference towards some aspect of a Burton film. As someone else pointed out, he even had to make a point of stating that he wasn't trolling. Mostly everyone disagrees with him (some not to nicely or respectfully). He then has to mention that the TDKR threads were "showered with hate" that he has had to put up with so long (which he's not completely wrong about) and generally gets upset. And as we just saw, he backtracked his original comment that the Keaton suit was "ugly as hell" and basically admitted it was't, seemingly buckling under pressure.

My "fighting a losing battle" comment was factoring in the context of this encounter, which follows a similar encounter about a week or two ago which ended with him making the same angry comments about all the TDKR hate he has had to withstand and vowing to never return to the Burton threads. I don't think that was the first time something like this happened. So the same scenarios repeating themselves and not ending in his favor lead me to suggest that he is fighting a losing battle, which is clearly a figure of speech and not meant to indicate that any of us are plotting against him or rooting for his failure in any way.

At this point, it generally seems that shauner111's consistent attitude of "it was cool when I was a kid but now it's not" is wasted on the fans who post in these Burton threads, for whom the nostalgia and passion towards Batman 1989 has not yet faded. Additionally, the sentiment of "you guys criticized the Nolan films so I can criticize these" (which he has mentioned more than once) isn't really the best defense.

Hope that answered your question. For the record, I literally mean no disrespect towards shauner111. I even tend to agree with his views on TDKR and I know he's technically free to say whatever he wants here, as he should be. I was just curious as to why he changed his mind after what he had recently said about quitting the Burton threads.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #320
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
I knowwww

I will stay out of it, but if a new thing pops up then ill return to share my thoughts. That's what a forum is for no? I saw the pic of the suit on the last page so i decided to comment. I guess this means ill leave for as long as i dont see something new. Nothing new to see = nothing for me to say. I dont mind a few fun gifs shown in disagreement. But when people get rude, that's why i lash out with "im never coming back!".
Technically, there'll never be anything that's truly new since the movie is over 20 years old.

But I feel you, man. I look forward to your valiant return.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #321
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

The only problem I have with the B89 Keaton suit is that the logo design doesn't match the logo that was plastered all over the marketing campaign and is used to this day in merchandise.

Parents got me a B89 Under Armour shirt for my birthday this year, hehe. Even the logo at the beginning of the film matches the merchandising logo and is different from the suit logo, isn't it? They also used the merchandise logo for the Returns suit.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #322
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
The only problem I have with the B89 Keaton suit is that the logo design doesn't match the logo that was plastered all over the marketing campaign and is used to this day in merchandise.

Parents got me a B89 Under Armour shirt for my birthday this year, hehe. Even the logo at the beginning of the film matches the merchandising logo and is different from the suit logo, isn't it? They also used the merchandise logo for the Returns suit.
I'll admit, that did always irk me. I much prefer the logo from the poster and marketing.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #323
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'll admit, that did always irk me. I much prefer the logo from the poster and marketing.
I just Googled it and apparently they had to change it for the suit because they didn't have permission from DC to use the classic logo at the time filming began? That's pretty effed up. Time Warner already owned DC at the time, so definitely a strange situation. They obviously got the logo rights figured out in time for the marketing campaign!

Old 12-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #324
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Yeah, I was never a fan of it when I was a kid. I'm still not a huge fan of the logo on the suit, either. It looks a bit off. I'm just glad BR fixed it, cause it looks amazing on that suit.

-Robin John Blake
Old 12-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #325
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Yeah, I was never a fan of it when I was a kid. I'm still not a huge fan of the logo on the suit, either. It looks a bit off. I'm just glad BR fixed it, cause it looks amazing on that suit.
Just got to the suit up scene in BR where he has like 40 suits in the closet. Dat glorious logo.