Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 AM   #626
CountOrlok
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Can anyone answer my question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
I have a question about Axis Chemicals:

In the movie, I remember it being mentioned as a 'front company' for the mob (IE: used to conceal illegal activities). Was Grissom using it to launder money, or something else? It must have been fairly important as one of his goons says "If he ties us in with Axis Chemicals, then we're dead and buried." Although this was all just to set up Jack Napier, as the documents were already gone. Later, the Joker and his gang have taken over Axis Chemicals and used it as a base. So, I always wondered what was the exact connection.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #627
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Good question. We don't find out. Maybe it could have something to do with the Smylex? The gas was an abandoned military experiment the Joker came across at Axis, as shown in a folder, and just re-branded it. It's shown just at the start of the scene in Joker's lair when Bob brings the photos to him. Other than that, not sure.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #628
greenarrow0

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Q8gq-ER40

Last edited by greenarrow0; 02-17-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #629
OcStat
Side-Kick

AnneFan, I never noticed that folder until my most recent viewing of the movie, pretty neat!

I found the deluxe anniversary Blu-Ray of the film at my local Hastings yesterday, 3 copies, 2 for regular price; and 1 tucked in the back with a sale sticker price of 11.99, so needless to say I bought that with a quickness.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #630
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenarrow0 View Post
Yeah I've seen that video before. Keaton's response to his detractors was the best part of it. Cool how Nicholson reminded him to respond to their whining of his casting as Batman.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #631
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Nicholson seems like a genuinely nice guy and always very supportive of his directors and fellow cast.

Although I think I remember hearing he and Basinger would rub each other the wrong way.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #632
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Nicholson seems like a genuinely nice guy and always very supportive of his directors and fellow cast.
Nicholson has declared that he was amazed with Burton because of the way such a young director with only two movies under his belt was able to proceed so calmly to shoot a multimillionaire very hyped movie under such a pressure from everybody.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:14 AM   #633
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Does anyone have any information on what (if anything) that Warner Bros. is doing for the 25th anniversary?

Old 02-21-2014, 03:49 AM   #634
ShaneHelms
CS Model 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I hope you love it as much as I love mine but a heads up make sure if you're going to display him standing use a doll stand (which it doesn't come with), mine fell off the shelf and the leg broke off because he doesn't like to stand straight. It really upset me greatly and I'm hoping that it can be fixed.
I adore him and yep same thing happened to me though I was extremely lucky he didn't break, I won't be displaying him now until my stand arrives.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #635
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
Does anyone have any information on what (if anything) that Warner Bros. is doing for the 25th anniversary?
So far we've heard nothing aside from some random theaters across the US showing the film, I just watched Keaton doing press for Robocop I don't have a link to it but they specifically asked him if they're doing anything he said NO but seemed as though he knew nothing or didn't care much, he kind of made a joke about it.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #636
ShaneHelms
CS Model 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
LOVE my 18" Batman!!

Awesome! I love mine also. Amazing figure but I've hardly had time to work any poses or anything with him being so busy, I need to start though. ::

Also anyone wanting a stand for fear of yours falling and breaking etc. A collector friend of mine who owns a massive collection of Hot Toys figures and other figures of the same sort highly recommended buying a 12'' Kaiser Doll Stand. Knowing how well he takes care of his collection I personally take his advice on the stand and bought one for myself. Also he did mention the waist clip may be a bit to snug and require just a slight amount of bending to avoid and scratches or paint rubbings.

This is mediocre but I'm tossing my hat into the ring because this figure is epic enough that another photo never hurts.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:28 AM   #637
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
So far we've heard nothing aside from some random theaters across the US showing the film, I just watched Keaton doing press for Robocop I don't have a link to it but they specifically asked him if they're doing anything he said NO but seemed as though he knew nothing or didn't care much, he kind of made a joke about it.
Well that's a pity, and a probably a relatively significant missed opportunity for Warner Bros.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #638
CountOrlok
Banned User

A local theatre around here sometimes shows the 1966 Batman movie, but not the 1989 one. I would love to watch '89 in the theatre again. I saw it as a kid but I can barely remember it.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:34 AM   #639
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
Well that's a pity, and a probably a relatively significant missed opportunity for Warner Bros.
It's ridiculous if WB doesn't do something! It's not only the 25th of 89 Batman but the 75th of Batman as a whole! We all know how WB likes to hide content and release snippets across multiple releases in home media format.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #640
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

It is a shame... Batman '66 and Batman: The Animated Series has been getting alot of love lately.

But I guess, what more can they do? The movie has been released and re-released on every format going and WB aren't willing to spend money on special features anymore.

Plus, I doubt the cast and crew are dying to contribute anything anyway.

DC Comics/Hot Toys/Mattel have released statues, busts and action figures based on Burton's Batman in the past few years, with more to come.

The scores themselves have seen great expanded releases.

So what can they do that would be of any great significance?

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #641
CountOrlok
Banned User

Quote:

3D

Old 02-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #642
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
It is a shame... Batman '66 and Batman: The Animated Series has been getting alot of love lately.

But I guess, what more can they do? The movie has been released and re-released on every format going and WB aren't willing to spend money on special features anymore.

Plus, I doubt the cast and crew are dying to contribute anything anyway.

DC Comics/Hot Toys/Mattel have released statues, busts and action figures based on Burton's Batman in the past few years, with more to come.

The scores themselves have seen great expanded releases.

They can do what's been done for Star Wars, Indiana Jones and recently the 25th Anniversary of Back to the Future (which I saw myself in the theater) even Jurassic Park (minus the 3D) release the film widespread for a weekend even in celebration of the 25th Anniversary, it doesn't even have to be an entire release.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 02-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #643
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
They can do what's been done for Star Wars, Indiana Jones and recently the 25th Anniversary of Back to the Future (which I saw myself in the theater) even Jurassic Park (minus the 3D) release the film widespread for a weekend even in celebration of the 25th Anniversary, it doesn't even have to be an entire release.
Those are isolated franchises with (typically) a consistent vision and storyline.

Batman '89 is just one of many Batman incarnations in what WB consider the larger Batman brand. And while it had a huge cultural impact, WB still aren't going to spend too much money on it in this day and age.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for WB to make a big fanfare about Burton's Batman, but I know they won't.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #644
Travesty
TEOL

For the 25th anniversary, they should rerelease the DVD and have it dubbed by Christian Bale, and have Nolan do commentary. Maybe JGL could sink his paws into the project, as well?

That would be epic!

Old 02-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #645
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I mean honestly, what they released in 2005 was pretty darn good. Sure, it was missing a recent interview with Keaton, but honestly how much would Keaton be able to add now? He gets asked to talk about it in the press often enough, and he tends to talk about the films like he half-remembers them anyway.

The only thing I'd really like to see is a wide theatrical rerelease. I still have never seen this movie on the big screen and it drives me nuts.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 02-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #646
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The only thing I'd really like to see is a wide theatrical rerelease. I still have never seen this movie on the big screen and it drives me nuts.
You could always ask one of your local cinemas or media houses to play it as a special one-off.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #647
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
You could always ask one of your local cinemas or media houses to play it as a special one-off.
I'm always checking the schedules at the boutique cinemas near me, but it rarely seems to ever screen...and I've had a couple of times I only found out there was a screening too late.

A more proactive approach though...hmm...

Old 02-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #648
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
I was lucky enough to see 89 opening night at a local drive in theater at the age of 5 then two weeks later at a regular theater for a second showing with just my dad (he knew how much I loved it).

But I still want to see it get the recognition it deserves, considering many US theaters have a classic theater showing collection, like Cinemark which I recently contacted in reference to if they can or will show the film in their classics collection. I saw Ghostbusters last summer during that at their huge XD theater and it was one of the best theater viewing experiences of my life, I hope they can work something out.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #649
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

What's interesting is that right now both Cinemark and AMC both have the same films for their winter classics series.

On the Waterfront, Rear Window, Chicago, Grapes of Wrath, Shawkshank Redemption and Silence of the Lambs.

I'm not exactly sure why that is.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #650
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I saw that myself yesterday when I was looking at their website and wondered the same thing, I didn't think those theaters had any direct affiliation.

Closed Thread