The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-World

Old 08-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
bhayes
Side-Kick

Default Do you like what fox has done with X-Men? Do you want a reboot?

After looking at the trilogy and the two wolverine films along with first class

and now we are getting Days of Future past & x-force w/ the Ultimate Version of the the x-force lineup and not the 90's version.

Do you like what they've done with X-Men?

i'm torn on this.

the first x-men film was OK for it's time. The acting was good in the first film but you can see the budgetary constraints in the visual effects and the scale of the film. And they made ALOT of changes because bryan singer has small resources to work with.

X-Men 2 - was a big improvement in quality and scale. and the final battle at the end w/ death strike was EPIC. and even though they continued to make changes - x-men 2 is still a very cool Sci-Fi film w/ great action.

X-Men 3 - i like x-men 3. Kelsey grammer's performance as beast was awesome. And i felt like even though there was a shift in the tone from x2 it was still a good film. it was a great way to END the series.

wolverine has to step up and lead the remaining x-men to victory and wolverine is forced to kill jean.

I wish that they could have involved Bryan singer in x men Orgins. that film almost ruined everything. i won't even get into how bad that film was.
it's a shame. that film had potential too.

If you look at the format of the film...they layout of the movie was pretty good. Wolverine had a brother (sabertooth) and had bone claws before he had metal claws. he volunteered for the weapon x program to get revenge. the whole issue of sibling rivalry and. they could've handled deadpool and gambit better too.

and the most offensive part was the Patrick Stewart CGI facelift at the end.

X-Men First Class once again changes things around but they created a good story and it was a good film.

The Wolverine and Days of Future Past are a good return to the tone of
x men 2 and are good films.

and now i'm hearing they want to do a x-force film. I guess wolverine will be apart of that lineup.

but one thing i don't like is the way they change and shuffle things around. They have changed X-men into something else from what it was intended to be. it's a sci-fi fiction epic with intense social commentary with a few physical likeness-ess to the x men we know - instead of a cool comic movie series.

i guess the closest we will ever get to Jim Lee's x men will be the 90's animated series.

because if Marvel had control over x-men they would do x-men right.
we would get better costumes and everything.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: Do you like what fox has done with X-Men? Do you want a reboot?

Yes to liking them and not really to reboot, but i wouldn't mind them cutting down the roster to XFC character count size

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayes View Post
Yeaah, No they woudn't.

• Jarvis is not an A.I but an actual Human butler.
• Red Skull wasn't created by Dr Erskine, he was trained by Hitler and given a Red Skull mask to invoke fear.
• Whiplash is bastardisation of Backlash and Crymson Dynamo with little resemblence to each character.
• Mandarin... you all know how that turned out.
• T'Challa gave the Vibranium Shield to Captain America not Howard Stark
• Steve Rogers didn't know Bucky Barnes before he became Captain America
• Jane Foster is a Nurse not a Scientist
• Antman and Wasp were among the founding members of The Avengers not Black Widow and Hawkeye.
• Aldrich Killian didn't form A.I.M he worked for Futurepharm, developed Extremis, sold a sample to some terrorists and feeling guilty killed himself
• Red Skull didn't use the Cosmic Cube in WW2
• Black Widow fought the Avengers and Iron Man long before joining them or SHIELD
• Thor isn't Thor the whole time. Odin placed his being into a disabled Medical Student Donald Blake, Blake found Mjoinir and transformed into Thor. He transforms back and forth and has this secret identity life too
• Heimdall and Sif and brother and sister in the Comics but not in the movies.
• SHIELD did not form the Avengers.

• Ultron was created by Hank Pym, aside from slapping his wife it's the only contribution he's made to the universe, they are taking that from him and giving it to Iron Man.

Disney is just as guilty of changing the comics for the screen.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-18-2013 at 02:55 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
and now we are getting Days of Future past & x-force w/ the Ultimate Version of the the x-force lineup and not the 90's version.
I don't think there is an Ultimate version of X-Force. Do you mean Uncanny X-Force? That's still 616 with a few 295 AOA characters, not Ultimates. Not to mention it's written very well with one of the best rosters X-Force has had.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I before though they couldn't do Cable as he needs setting up due to his complicated history. But they can just have him with his origins a mystery.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

The reason why I don't need a reboot anytime soon is because the cast is just too good to let go (even Halle Berry IMHO). When they do a reboot, they'll have a hard time finding new actors and actresses as good as what we've got.

Mystique's Leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
BMM
Side-Kick

Wrong forum. What is that picture? And, of all the decades X-Men has been around, since when is Jim Lee's run (?) the goal?

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
Blackman
C'mon Son

Yeah I was about to say wrong forum

But to answer your question: honestly I wouldnt mind a reboot. Ive never been against reboots really as long as their good or too early. But I mean this current continuity isnt bad at all. X1, X2, and FC were great. X3 i didnt like from a fanboy perspective but as a film it wasnt terrible to me. And then XMOW was joke awful. I havent seen The Wolverine yet. And it's been going on a good amount of time. 13 years is a good run for a movie series I feel.

I kinda hope they do go for the reboot because there are so many elements that I'd like to see that I dont think we'd get with this current continuity. Elements like: Gambit being with the main team, Emma Frost being handled better, Cyclops having a much bigger role, a proper Dark phoenix saga, and getting the team dynamic right among some other things.

IF they dont reboot I wont care at all. But I can see FOX going for it especially if DOFP does similar numbers to what The Wolverine did in the states.

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I think they should reboot part of the continuity.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Yes to liking them and not really to reboot, but i wouldn't mind them cutting down the roster to XFC character count size

Yeaah, No they woudn't.

Jarvis is not an A.I but an actual Human butler.
Red Skull wasn't created by Dr Erskine, he was trained by Hitler and given a Red Skull mask to invoke fear.
Whiplash is bastardisation of Backlash and Crymson Dynamo with little resemblence to each character.
Mandarin... you all know how that turned out.
T'Challa gave the Vibranium Shield to Captain America not Howard Stark
Steve Rogers didn't know Bucky Barnes before he became Captain America
Jane Foster is a Nurse not a Scientist
Antman and Wasp were among the founding members of The Avengers not Black Widow and Hawkeye.
Aldrich Killian didn't form A.I.M he worked for Futurepharm, developed Extremis, sold a sample to some terrorists and feeling guilty killed himself
Red Skull didn't use the Cosmic Cube in WW2
Black Widow fought the Avengers and Iron Man long before joining them or SHIELD
Thor isn't Thor the whole time. Odin placed his being into a disabled Medical Student Donald Blake, Blake found Mjoinir and transformed into Thor. He transforms back and forth and has this secret identity life too
Heimdall and Sif and brother and sister in the Comics but not in the movies.
SHIELD did not form the Avengers.

Ultron was created by Hank Pym, aside from slapping his wife it's the only contribution he's made to the universe, they are taking that from him and giving it to Iron Man.

Disney is just as guilty of changing the comics for the screen.
Exactly.Glad someone said It.

The point Is films should try to be the spirit of comics.I view X-Men films being Bryan Singer and Fox's version of 616 universe.

MS films are more on ultimate universe with some elements of 616 universe.Maybe 60 percent unltimate and 40 percent 616

The Amazing Spider-man Is kinda of 50 percent ultimate and 50 percent 616.

james Mcavoy looks nothing like Xavier from comics but i don't anyone would critize her portrayl of xavier.

X-Force will be most likely cross between early X-Force and Uncanny X-Force.I firmly expect that to focus on Wolverine and Cable.

I am firmly against any X-Men reboot.Hollywood Is way too reboot crazy now adays. There should be a rule studios can't reboot till 10-20 years after last film they are saying no longer happened.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
After looking at the trilogy and the two wolverine films along with first class

Do you like what they've done with X-Men?

i'm torn on this.

the first x-men film was OK for it's time. The acting was good in the first film but you can see the budgetary constraints in the visual effects and the scale of the film. And they made ALOT of changes because bryan singer has small resources to work with.

X-Men 2 - was a big improvement in quality and scale. and the final battle at the end w/ death strike was EPIC. and even though they continued to make changes - x-men 2 is still a very cool Sci-Fi film w/ great action.

X-Men 3 - i like x-men 3. Kelsey grammer's performance as beast was awesome. And i felt like even though there was a shift in the tone from x2 it was still a good film. it was a great way to END the series.

wolverine has to step up and lead the remaining x-men to victory and wolverine is forced to kill jean.

I wish that they could have involved Bryan singer in x men Orgins. that film almost ruined everything. i won't even get into how bad that film was.
it's a shame. that film had potential too.

If you look at the format of the film...they layout of the movie was pretty good. Wolverine had a brother (sabertooth) and had bone claws before he had metal claws. he volunteered for the weapon x program to get revenge. the whole issue of sibling rivalry and. they could've handled deadpool and gambit better too.

and the most offensive part was the Patrick Stewart CGI facelift at the end.

X-Men First Class once again changes things around but they created a good story and it was a good film.

The Wolverine and Days of Future Past are a good return to the tone of
x men 2 and are good films.

and now i'm hearing they want to do a x-force film. I guess wolverine will be apart of that lineup.

but one thing i don't like is the way they change and shuffle things around. They have changed X-men into something else from what it was intended to be. it's a sci-fi fiction epic with intense social commentary with a few physical likeness-ess to the x men we know - instead of a cool comic movie series.
That's exactly what X-Men are about and what makes it different from all the other comic books, if they made it just another cool comic movie series like you're asking for it would lose its identity
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

i guess the closest we will ever get to Jim Lee's x men will be the 90's animated series.

You do know that Jim Lee's run isn't the be all end all of the X-men franchise, there are actually much better stories the movies decided to pick, like God Loves man kills and Days of Future Past.

Quote:
we would get better costumes and everything.

That's debateable, while i do think their costumes could be more colorful they're a closer team than The Avengers for example, instead of having each one wear a different superhero costume they all wear a similar uniform to show who they are.

If i want just another band of superheroes there are many other franchises to pick.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Wrong forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Yeah I was about to say wrong forum
X-World??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I think they should reboot part of the continuity.
Sounds good.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X-Men and Avengers are totally different.Avengers would be better compared to Justice league than X-Men.

There are reasons why for years X-Men was more popular comic than Avengers.It deals with Issues you will never see In Avengers.

Besides I for one prefer wolverine and the X-Men over X-Men 1990's.One problem was they only included characters as part of time who was In team In X-Men#1.Characters
like Shadowcat,Nightcrawler were mostly absent.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Was?

X-Men still outsell Avengers Comics, and have had more cartoons, videogames and movies ect...

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
X-World??

Sounds good.
http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Was?

X-Men still outsell Avengers Comics, and have had more cartoons, videogames and movies ect...
Since I quit buying the comics In 2005 due to quesda regime I thought others said Avengers had started to sell more comics.If that was wrong then I am glad It Is.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, X-men usually outsells Avengers. They sell about the same currently. All New X-Men sells better then Avengers. But they are close. Right now Guardians Of The Galaxy is outselling both.

Last edited by def28; 08-18-2013 at 05:25 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
kasjan
Side-Kick

Reboot? At this moment no, thx.
I'm afraid Disney/Marvel will give us movie as Avengers, good for fanboys. Color costumes and plot like good vs. evil, but subject matter won't be good as in Singer movies.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Regardless which studio the property belongs to, I want a reboot to fix up a lot of the continuity issues and to also go back & use more characters + stories to their full potential (i.e. Cyclops having a much bigger role and being seen more as a leader, a better Phoenix saga, etc.).

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #19
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Reboot? At this moment no, thx.
I'm afraid Disney/Marvel will give us movie as Avengers, good for fanboys. Color costumes and plot like good vs. evil, but subject matter won't be good as in Singer movies.
How was the subject matter poorly executed in the Avengers film?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind if they use Future Past to conclusively end the current timeline that comprised X1 ,2,3, Origins, and Wolverine and focus solely on the First Class timeline where they can reintroduce Scott, Jean and all the classic characters without having to totally wash away the franchise. This way they can vaguely retain foortprints of the original trilogy while going in a completely different direction altogether. All the answers lie in DOFP. Exactly how to proceed cannot be known without seeing where this film will lead and end up in. It's entirely possible that Past mucks up the timeline even more fierce and all that your're left with is to to reboot entirely.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #21
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
How was the subject matter poorly executed in the Avengers film?
I think he means the subject matter ain't as good. Not that it was executed poorly. Still, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry that he lists "colorful costumes" as a negative. I mean, color in a genre inspired by stories that made their debut in primary colors, the horror! The horror!

Old 08-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

While First Class and X2 are great movies I would prefer an X-men series where the continuity isn't totally butchered.

The first class of X-men should be Marvel Girl, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, and Angel.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #23
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
I think he means the subject matter ain't as good. Not that it was executed poorly. Still, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry that he lists "colorful costumes" as a negative. I mean, color in a genre inspired by stories that made their debut in primary colors, the horror! The horror!
Well if Disney/Marvel made an accurate Avengers movie who's to say they couldn't make an accurate X-men movie.

Even more so than Fox.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well if Disney/Marvel made an accurate Avengers movie who's to say they couldn't make an accurate X-men movie.

Even more so than Fox.
Of course they can. Marvel has proven one thing with tenacious consistency: they know their characters. Or at least hire people that do.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:

Even more so than Fox.
Except that Marvel Studios didn't, at least not in an Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, and Marvel Girl kind of way.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote