The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #26
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread - Part 1

In my experiences, she's well-known enough so that the first thing that most people say is "she the woman who can go invisible and use force fields."

Old 10-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #27
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: "Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread - Part 2

And you can see into their minds to see what they visualize when they hear the name? Because that is just as important...

Old 10-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #28
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

http://schmoesknow.com/schmoes-know-...c-four-reboot/

It's official yo.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #29
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Let the internet rage begin now...........

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #30
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
"Official" is when the trades report it, not another scoop site. I'm not saying that it probably won't be true (it probably is), just that it isn't official yet.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #31
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Crap. Now my favorite young black actor is going to be insulted incessantly by all kinds of idiots online. After seeing the nonsense Idris Elba and Laurence Fishburne had to take for playing minor characters, i don't even wanna think about how this is going to play out.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 10-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #32
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Unless they decide to make Sue black, it looks like they are going with the adoption phase.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #33
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Crap. Now my favorite young black actor is going to be insulted incessantly by all kinds of idiots online. After seeing the nonsense Idris Elba and Laurence Fishburne had to take for playing minor characters, i don't even wanna think about how this is going to play out.
This is entirely different. I love Elba as Heimdall.

This news however, I can't stand. If this is true I'm out and I'm NOT in any way racist. Also, I AM a pure Marvel zombie. If they lost my ticket, they'll lose a lot of the base guaranteed. This casting is just flat out bizzare.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #34
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
This is entirely different.
Not even halfway toward a little.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #35
Loki882
Side-Kick

How is this different exactly? The ONLY difference that I can see is that Johnny is a MAIN character whereas Heimdall and Perry White were very much supporting ones.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #36
kasjan
Side-Kick

,,Noooo, just nooo."
Hope it's still rumour.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #37
Crimz
Side-Kick

They should not waste too much time explaining how him and Sue are related, just get that over and done with and get to the main story.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #38
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
This is entirely different. I love Elba as Heimdall.

This news however, I can't stand. If this is true I'm out and I'm NOT in any way racist. Also, I AM a pure Marvel zombie. If they lost my ticket, they'll lose a lot of the base guaranteed. This casting is just flat out bizzare.
please tell me other than his skin color makes him not able to do storm justice?

he is young and good looking and can play cocky and arrogant and has tons of charisma and quite charming he can be funny as well as serious

Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #39
Donut
Side-Kick

I will see this out of curiosity. Just not where I spend any money on it. Perhaps sneak in & see it for free after I pay for & see another movie

Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #40
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
he is young and good looking and can play cocky and arrogant and has tons of charisma and quite charming he can be funny as well as serious
"But... He's black. "

It's weird how people are freaking out about his skin color, when he's going to be glowing orange for a good chunk of the movie.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #41
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I'm still waiting to see who they cast as Sue. If Sue is also black, well, that's fine ( or as fine as a movie I expect to be a disaster can be ). If not, I will roll my eyes, though not be direly shocked ( Hollywood not exactly being big on black female leads for white male leads, outside of Halle Berry ).

Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #42
Figs
Banned User

I'm not much of a FF fan so this news doesn't bother me at all. I'll even go ahead and say that I don't care if they decide to not make Sue and Johnny brother and sister, just friends.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #43
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I know Spidey will be giddy at this news.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #44
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Well I can be called all the names in the book, just like I can't stand our president...but if I say I don't agree with his policies (which I don't), I'm automatically called a racist...its ridiculous.

I am a Marvel Zombie since I was 10...the Fantastic 4, the way they look, act, villains, stories, all of that goes into the reasons why I llike the characters. I don't agree that they should change races just because...you should do your best to make a character as close to the source material as possible and that includes looks...I mean Julian McMahon looked a lot like Victor Von Doom, but once he started trying to do the character justice, he failed.

Chris Evans on the other hand, is a versatile actor...he can act like Johnny, look like him, and at the same time play a perfect Steve Rogers/Captain America. That is why he will always be the perfect Johnny Storm.

Yes, I don't agree with this...but this is only one part of what I've heard I don't like...I didn't really like UFF...Kirby/Lees run, Hickman's, Byrne's run...any of those would be acceptable to use...older actors...better time developing characters...I just feel this is going to fail...it seriously needs to be part of the Marvel Universe at Disney.

Fox has only 2 really good movies out of their list and that is the first 2 X-Men movies...Marvel has had better success rate with everything else. What's the point complaining...its Doomed in every sense of the word...

Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #45
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

It's doomed because they cast an African-American actor as Johnny Storm?

You're not racist but you certainly are being silly.

Last edited by SuperT; 10-18-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #46
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
It's doomed because they cast an African-American actor as Johnny Storm?

You're not racist but you certainly are being silly.
I didn't mean that the movie is doomed because of his casting...I just mean that all of the collective decisions could lead to it being Doomed...perhaps I needed to explain myself further.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #47
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Fox has only 2 really good movies? First Class and The Wolverine were great films. I'm not defining their greatness based on how accurate they were to the source material, but simply as films in their own right. Great acting, amazing chemistry, wonderful cinematography. The Wolverine was one of the best reviewed and riskiest CBMs of the summer.

People need to get over their Fox hate. They've been making some solid progress in terms of actually reshaping how they approach their comic flicks. They made a freaking period piece CBM before Marvel and they did it better (I know that's up for debate). They embraced the yellow and blue costumes before we saw the stars and stripes. They pushed that PG-13 rating as far as they could with The Wolverine and they did it halfway in a foreign language. And everyone just seems to forget that Marvel has THREE lackluster films (Hulk, IM 2 and 3) under their belt.

And don't get me wrong, I love Marvel. But I'm not going to let The Avengers blind me to some of their glaringly obvious missteps. And hell yes, Fox has made plenty as well. But it's a lot more apparent to me that Fox is actually trying to learn from them. Marvel just kinda sidesteps it all.

With that said, I look forward to seeing what Trank can bring to FF. And I'm confident that Jordan can make for an amazing Johnny Storm. It's fine if his race is an important factor for you. Fortunately, it's not very important to the actual character.

Rant over.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #48
Crimz
Side-Kick

I want F4 back at Marvel, mainly in hopes that there is no X-Men/F4 crossover "shudder". It's a movie so I don't care what colour Johnny is it's not like suddenly the comics have a black Johnny, so get over it. If this film is going to be a train wreck it will be because of a crappy script and a budget that is too low for the film to be good. If this happens I hope people don't blame it on Johnny being black.

If it looks amazing then I will see it at IMAX but, if it looks like they are half-assing it in the trailers and set shots online then I will watch it....... illegally.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #49
zeptron
Side-Kick

Are we sure it's actually confirmed? Usually when one of the main stars for an upcoming superhero movie is cast the news is on yahoo which it hasn't. Hell not even the front page of the SHH has reported it.

Last edited by zeptron; 10-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #50
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

It's not confirmed.It's the same rumor that's been around for months. It seems to have legs for a simple rumor,leading most to believe there is some (unfortunate) truth to it.