Old 06-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 21

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I'm watching the Brazil vs Chile game right now. Brazil has a player named "Hulk" haha. It's odd when hearing the announcers talk about him. Guess Hulk decided to gear his anger towards a sport, he probably could have chosen something more violent though.
It's cos he supposedly looks like Lou Ferrigno, which he does a little, if you squint

Old 06-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
It's cos he supposedly looks like Lou Ferrigno, which he does a little, if you squint
Seahawks has Hulk as a fan as well:

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 06-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Dr. Evil,Whiskey Tango,Suzanne78

Ty! The thread was closed by the time I had a chance to respond.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 06-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post

Has anyone notice that MCU characters are becoming more more into pop culture? Especially Cap!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 06-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
starkresilient
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Has anyone notice that MCU characters are becoming more more into pop culture? Especially Cap!
I think hulk and iron man in pop culture more than cap

hulk probably the one who takes the attention itself lile the nike commercial he was in with world class footballers

Old 06-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post

God damn haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Yeah especially at the USA world cups games obviously, see people dressed as him.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
TheVision
FLOATIN' ON AIR

That guy looks like The Incredible Bulk (the name I gave him) from the TV show

"I try to make my superhero movies as if there's either never been one or there's only ever been them. I work with the idea that it's just a natural way for people to be, so that you still make a movie about people." - Joss Whedon
Old 06-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Duck Dynasty and MCU crossover?

Old 06-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #11
doink
Moonlight Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Yeah especially at the USA world cups games obviously, see people dressed as him.
I remember watching the London Olympics and seeing some people dressed as Cap in the stands...

doink's MCU ranking: 1. The Avengers, 2. CA:TWS, 3. Iron Man, 4. Thor, 5. IM3, 6. CA:TFA, 7. Thor:TDW, 8. IM2, 9. TIH
Old 06-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #12
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
That guy looks like The Incredible Bulk (the name I gave him) from the TV show

That was the Dell Frye creature from "The First". He was a skinny "Hulk", so hardly a bulk.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #13
TheVision
FLOATIN' ON AIR

^^ I know but I was like 6 years old when I gave him that name. Gimme a break.

"I try to make my superhero movies as if there's either never been one or there's only ever been them. I work with the idea that it's just a natural way for people to be, so that you still make a movie about people." - Joss Whedon
Old 06-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
RedRose

Quote:
I couldn't take anything in that spoiler article seriously because it read like bad fanfiction, particularly about Banner/Natasha and even Jane/Thor. Like the part about Banner publicly discussing his sexual intimacy issues regarding her 20 minutes into the film... I mean really? >__>
I think the guy who runs the site just saw the concept art of the Hulk and Natasha fighting side by side and jumped to conclusions (and to drive traffic to the site of course).
This is exactly what I think. I truly think they are going to do Nat/Clint in Avengers 2. I know it could have been only a "friendship" necklace but I doubt it.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #15
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Actually Hulk got his name while playing in Japan, where he was bigger and stronger build than all his teammates (his club wore green dresses the too)

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 06-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #16
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
The player Hulk is a poor imitation of the character.. he falls down every time someone gives him a push... only thing he has similar is the lack of a neck

Old 06-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #17
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Actually Hulk got his name while playing in Japan, where he was bigger and stronger build than all his teammates (his club wore green dresses the too)
there is one source which says his name was based on his similarity to Lou, another one says his father called him Hulk as a child

Old 06-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #18
starkresilient
Side-Kick

This site says Falcon is officially in the movie

http://urbanmecca.net/news/2014/06/2...age-of-ultron/

Old 06-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #19
MbJ
Side-Kick

Alas, their source seems to just be someone parroting the set pic rumors.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #20
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Well, Mackie did say at Wonder-Con that he was in London recently.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 06-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #21
starkresilient
Side-Kick

I am sure they decided to write this so called confirmation after set pic+mackie's london comment. It seems to be clear that he'll have a cameo

Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #22
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I really want to see both Cheadle & Mackie in, to whatever extent.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #23
K.Cruz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
This is exactly what I think. I truly think they are going to do Nat/Clint in Avengers 2. I know it could have been only a "friendship" necklace but I doubt it.
I really hope not. That's a very cliché and boring pairing. They're just too similar.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #24
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The question is, will Clint and Wanda have a thing, seeing as how in comics Clint had a crush on Scarlet Witch. And how is ATJ's Quicksilver going to react if so?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:48 AM   #25
Intouch
Side-Kick

Dunno if this been already posted ...

http://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/av...-to-comic-con/

Avengers: Age of Ultron Cast Are Heading To San Diego Comic-Con

Marvel’s upcoming American superhero film, Avengers: Age of Ultron cast will head to San Diego Comic Con, according to Mark Ruffalo.
Speaking with Collider, he was asked how he feels about the upcoming Comic-Con, he replied: “Yeah, we’re gonna go out there. We’re all flying, we’re flying from London.
We’re working. We’re shooting. We’re gonna stop and get on a plane and go to Comic Con together. It’s gonna be amazing.”

He teases that “There might be some cool new Hulk, Hulk-o, Hulk-o-phobia, Hulk-o-phernalia. Hulk-a-phernalia!”
A Hulk standalone movie has been in demand since The Avengers (2012) and now he was asked if hulk really needs his own movie from a character perspective?
Ruffalo admits, “He might not, he’s a tough nut to crack of all of them, I think. He’s the one person who doesn’t want to do the very thing that all of us are dying to see him do and he’s the one person who doesn’t want to be there, [laughs] and so it can get very maudlin, it could get very boring to watch the guy who’s moping around who doesn’t want to do the very thing that we’re all dying to see him do.
And so I think that’s the tough part of cracking that nut. I think that’s what’s made it problematical in the past.”
He adds, “But I do feel like we’ve gained some ground on this new version of him, which has – he’s sort of turning to face himself, and I think the relationship between Banner and The Hulk as a conscious conflict, it could be really interesting.
The one thing that I think The Hulk is terrified of is Banner, and that’s never really been mined.
And now with this new motion capture technology, we can do something really exciting with Hulk that we’ve never been able to do performance-wise that I am hoping when we’re talking about doing a new version of this, that we’re really talking about having a relationship between these two entities that is conscious of each other and in conflict with each other in a really cool, interesting way.”
Previously, The Hulk has a more complex role in Avengers sequel.
Avengers: Age Of Ultron is scheduled for release on May 1, 2015.

Last edited by Intouch; 06-29-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Closed Thread