The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 03-29-2014, 06:47 AM   #151
Bren
Forevernoob

Default Re: War Machine Better Be in This One

I never thought Rhodes/WM/IP was shortchanged in in the IM series nor that he has to be in any Avengers films.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #152
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, Rhodey got shortchanged in both IM movies but if he appears in AOU, I trust Whedon to not have his armor hacked or stolen again. Well, I hope so anyway, but we don't even know if he will show up in AOU, do we?
How exactly was he shortchanged in Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3? In the first two films he got complete arcs, and in the third he was quite active. If we are simply talking suit time, there is far more to the character then that.

Personally I think if we see Rhodey, Falcon, Sharon, etc. it will be shots of them dealing with the Ultron threat around the world, along with other military forces.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #153
samsnee
Side-Kick

I agree. Rhodes wasn't short changed. But I think people were hoping to see more of him in the suit actually doing heroic things.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #154
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

I dont mind Rhodes as a character but I find War machine visually redundant and dont care if he gets short changed. Falcon on the other hand i find interesting with the bird wings and pistols and wouldn't mind him being AoU.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #155
samsnee
Side-Kick

I agree. The end of IM2 pretty much showed what any additional action scenes would like with the War Machine.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #156
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I dont mind Rhodes as a character but I find War machine visually redundant and dont care if he gets short changed. Falcon on the other hand i find interesting with the bird wings and pistols and wouldn't mind him being AoU.
You think The Falcon with a pair of guns will be more interesting that the arsenal that War Machine has?

Last edited by John-An; 03-30-2014 at 10:11 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #157
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
You think The Falcon with a pair of guns will do more damage that the arsenal that War Machine has?
He definitely didn't say that?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #158
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
He definitely didn't say that?
Fixed. But really? Falcon could be more helpful than WM? Not to mention the useful things War Machine has over The Falcon in a possible scenario with Ultron that Falcon could never even scratch them. And WM deserves a good aperance cause his last 2 were meh and not good for the character. On the other hand
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
we had The Falcon and a decent appearance in TWS

Last edited by John-An; 03-30-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #159
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

I want the Avengers team to be as small as possible.

Too many heroes and it will look like it should be easy to win.

Plus, I'm not a fan of the movie version of War Machine. He's not enough of a B.A.M.F.

I usually like Cheadle but not as War Machine.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #160
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
You think The Falcon with a pair of guns will be more interesting that the arsenal that War Machine has?
My comment has nothing to do with who's more powerful.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #161
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
My comment has nothing to do with who's more powerful.
But you mention that is more interesting for AoU, seriously for that caliber movie that need the best arsenal I don't think the Falco will be required over WM IMO.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:23 AM   #162
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick

I only want to see war machine if T Howard is playing the role. No disrespect to Cheadle but T howard got phased out these movies. SMH

Jplaya2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #163
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
But you mention that is more interesting for AoU, seriously for that caliber movie that need the best arsenal I don't think the Falco will be required over WM IMO.
I think the point is that anything you get with War Machine, you can get with Iron Man. It is kind of redundant visually. The Falcon and his wings are unique to other characters, and thus allows for something else on screen

Old 03-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #164
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I think the point is that anything you get with War Machine, you can get with Iron Man. It is kind of redundant visually. The Falcon and his wings are unique to other characters, and thus allows for something else on screen
It's dumb because in the final action sequence in Iron Man 3 with all the armors, War Machine could have easily joined up and fought alongside all of them and kicked all sorts of ass while Tony was saving Pepper, but for some reason they had to have that joke where all the suits are encoded to Tony.

MynAmeIsedDie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #165
John-An

Quote:
Visually it's something different. But to a fight Falcon doesn't support anything to the Avengers that War Machine can't. Also I sorta say that with 2 Iron Man's they cover the double range on a location. And man WM needs some action that this character truly deserves.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #166
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
It's dumb because in the final action sequence in Iron Man 3 with all the armors, War Machine could have easily joined up and fought alongside all of them and kicked all sorts of ass while Tony was saving Pepper, but for some reason they had to have that joke where all the suits are encoded to Tony.
While I did want some War Machine action there, they did have a "good reason" to get him out of there. The President's safety and all.

Quote:
Visually it's something different. But to a fight Falcon doesn't support anything to the Avengers that War Machine can't. Also I sorta say that with 2 Iron Man's they cover the double range on a location. And man WM needs some action that this character truly deserves.
But that is two completely different arguments. While War Machine would be effective in battle, you know what would be even more effective? A group of Asgardians. But that sort of defeats the idea of a group of superheroes, with different strengths filling in each other's weaknesses.

Personally, I quite like Rhodey, but I am not really a fan of War Machine. I find him redunadent, especially when you consider the fact that Tony can make drones now. Also he kind of defeats the message of Iron Man 3.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:20 PM   #167
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Personally, I quite like Rhodey, but I am not really a fan of War Machine. I find him redunadent, especially when you consider the fact that Tony can make drones now. Also he kind of defeats the message of Iron Man 3.
I dont get it. How does Rhodey defeat the message of Iron Man 3?

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 PM   #168
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:

Personally I think if we see Rhodey, Falcon, Sharon, etc. it will be shots of them dealing with the Ultron threat around the world, along with other military forces.
This is exactly how I'd like to see them. Wouldn't really want any of them to be full team members but I'd enjoy their presence in this kind of role in any future Avengers film. And I'd enjoy seeing them fight alongside regular military forces, tanks & jets etc in brief scenes around the world just to show the scale of the threat. Will want numerous things like this going on when Thanos steps up in Avengers 3.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:30 PM   #169
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
This is exactly how I'd like to see them. Wouldn't really want any of them to be full team members but I'd enjoy their presence in this kind of role in any future Avengers film. And I'd enjoy seeing them fight alongside regular military forces, tanks & jets etc in brief scenes around the world just to show the scale of the threat. Will want numerous things like this going on when Thanos steps up in Avengers 3.
It'd be pretty cool to see Rhodey in the war machine armor fighting off a wave of Ultron drones on the white house lawn.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #170
John-An

Quote:
While I did want some War Machine action there, they did have a "good reason" to get him out of there. The President's safety and all.

But that is two completely different arguments. While War Machine would be effective in battle, you know what would be even more effective? A group of Asgardians. But that sort of defeats the idea of a group of superheroes, with different strengths filling in each other's weaknesses.
the asgardians doesn't have the power of Thor (he's on a different level, he's the prince of Asgard) thought only if you got Odin into battle lol. So pretty much meh on that cause you know what Iron Man did to Loki. Then the purpose of the asgardians over War Machine wouldn't be effective.
I don't understand the kinda of redundancy of WM. He's not like IM. He's completely diferent in combat and has a different personality that could give the team some sort of diversity to the team. I'm not saying he should be on the movie all the time. But I'd like to see WM correctly presented. And I'd like to see Whedon's touch in WM.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #171
John-An

So.... what about those quotes from one site that War Machine is key on this movie (especially on Ultron)?

Last edited by John-An; 07-10-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:58 AM   #172
fixxxer
Side-Kick

^

Really? Whedon actually said that? I thought it was only reporters that reported/speculated on War Machine's role. Do you have a link to Whedon's quote?

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #173
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
So.... what about those quotes from Whedon that War Machine is key on this movie (especially on Ultron)?
ummm...what quote?

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #174
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

War Machine, key? Never heard of this.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #175
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Eh Whedon never said that.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is online now   Reply With Quote