The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #26
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Default Re: What about a Lois/Bruce romance?

Yeah, lets have a love triangle and re-name Bruce, Richard. Oh wait....

Old 08-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #27
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Superman has a "no kill" rule? I thought that was Batman.
There is absolutely no reason for anything to think that Superman (as seen in this series of movies) has a no-kill rule. They are doing what the lazy creators hoped they would do...using previous versions of the character to accept that Superman is a paragon of goodness...so that the movies can contradict that, but it would still be in people's minds.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #28
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Amy Adams is closer to Affleck's age so they'd make a more natural couple.
Is this movie about Amy Adams and Ben Affleck's closer-to-age Gigli relationship, or a Superman/Batman movie?

This isn't an identity thing where Lois can fall in love with somebody else just because Superman is Superman, the all-mighty powerful alien and that's that.

She knows who Superman is, fell in love with Clark Kent before she did Superman, let alone Clark sharing very personal aspects of his life with Lois in MOS. They belong together, not Bruce and Lois.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #29
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

The OP's premise is nothing but hot air based solely on the presumption that Amy Adams can't believably play younger than her actual age and can't believably play a romantic relationship with an actor who is younger than she is. It also completely ignores, as I said, the numerous obvious indicators/hints that MoS dropped concerning Lois and Clark being together, especially at the end of the movie.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #30
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
The OP's premise is nothing but hot air.
This isn't your standard "OP" we're talkin about here

Old 08-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

no, and **** Bruce Timm for ever coming up with that crap on the animated show, having those 2 as anything other than maybe friends is an insult to both characters and a slap in the face to Superman to again, no

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #32
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

I wouldn't mind a implied triangle.

I mean, its likely that while Lois and Superman are a couple, it won't be a public thing, with either persona.

With that said, Lois may interview Bruce and they flirt, kinda like Lois's interview with Supes in MOS. Perhaps the media pegs them as a couple afterwards and Clark gets territorial.

This becomes a side point of conflict between Clark and Bruce, who eventually learn each others identities, having met both in and out of suit beforehand.

SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #33
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

I mean, its likely that while Lois and Superman are a couple, it won't be a public thing, with either persona.

With that said, Lois may interview Bruce and they flirt, kinda like Lois's interview with Supes in MOS. Perhaps the media pegs them as a couple afterwards and Clark gets territorial.

This becomes a side point of conflict between Clark and Bruce, who eventually learn each others identities, having met both in and out of suit beforehand.
Superman and Bats should have Mickey from Rocky blasting in their conscience: "WOMAN, WEAKEN, LEGGGS!"

I like the "flirting" idea. I mean, it's Lois Lane. A Pulitzer Prize winning journalist. She knows how to work it. But, in the end, it should always be in the benefit of Lois and Clark's relationship. Lets not worry about any love triangle (especially after SR) until Diana is in the picture, and that may be even pushing it.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
Heretic
Side-Kick

I see no reason why Lois' eye would stray from the guy she just became infatuated with, and why Batman would even be thinking about sex with the fate of the world at risk.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #35
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick

Lois + Clark = OTP. The End.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #36
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
and why Batman would even be thinking about sex with the fate of the world at risk.
Somebodies going to say it, so lets get it out of the way:

Because HE'S BATMAN!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

bruce should definitely flirt with her especially if he sees something between clark and lois, just to **** with clark.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #38
Heretic
Side-Kick

Yeah...the Batman I like is BATMAN...and he pretends to be Bruce Wayne, reluctantly putting up the facade of a billionaire playboy to protect his identity. That Bruce would be more interested in figuring out how to defeat Superman if needed and how to stop the current threat rather than how to hook up with a reporter.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #39
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Bruce has more of the hots for Ma Kent.

LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #40
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
But Clark and Lana grew up together. Wonder Woman is a complete stranger. I'd put more money on Clark and Lana being a couple than Clark and WW. In fact I'd bet huge money on WW never making an appearance in a MOS film. You'd be a brave man to write off the notion of Lana joining MOS. And why kill off Lois? Ah, why not? Death gives more drama to any story, especially when its a main character.
Lois has always been, and always will be a MUCH more important character than Lana. She's Superman's true love, plain and simple. Even Smallville recognized that. She WON'T be killed off. She isn't Rachel Dawes (a throwaway character that can be easily disposed of to move the plot forward). She's nearly as essential to the story as Superman himself.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #41
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Seriously, Tobias?

Old 08-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #42
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
No, but some territorial flirting by Bruce, yep.
That's to be expected from playboy Bruce Wayne, and I'd like that much more than some unnecessary triangle shenanigans.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #43
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Have Lois get together with Bruce in the movie and Clark/ Superman get with Lana.

Kidding.

Just have Clark and Superman continue a growing relationship and have Lois take an interest in Bruce, but only professionally. Not romantically. As far as Bruce and Lois, maybe Bruce just comments on what a great reporter Lois is.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #44
Tra-El
Side-Kick

THAT or...

....or

totally have Lois and Ma Kent lesbo it out. Just sayin....

....JUST SAYIN'

Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #45
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

We haven't even seen LnC together in a relationship yet and people already want it to end or Lois to die! Good gracious! I am looking forward to seeing his they write an LnC relationship. And for some reason I don't see the MOS version of Lois being infatuated with Bruce.

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #46
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be suprised to see some flirting between Bruce and Lois, but nothing major.

Van Petrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #47
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
But Clark and Lana grew up together. Wonder Woman is a complete stranger. I'd put more money on Clark and Lana being a couple than Clark and WW. In fact I'd bet huge money on WW never making an appearance in a MOS film. You'd be a brave man to write off the notion of Lana joining MOS. And why kill off Lois? Ah, why not? Death gives more drama to any story, especially when its a main character.
We have NO idea as to what the history is between Clark and Lana in THIS CANON. Lana has NEVER..I repeat..NEVER been an important character in the long run. And if you want drama, why not kill off Lana then? If she's that freaking important according to your post, then it'd make sense to kill off this person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I wouldn't be suprised to see some flirting between Bruce and Lois, but nothing major.
If Clark and Lois are in a relationship by the time this film starts, there's no reason for Lois to flirt with Bruce. That would make her look pretty ba for doing so, in a Mary Jane type of level. And plus, with Clark now having a regular civilian persona, there's no reason to make people think that she's going out with Superman.

If they had Lois cheating on Clark like how MJ on Peter with Harry in Spider-Man 3, by all means, I'd want this Lois to be gone as well.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #48
Andreth
Side-Kick

Tobias you just have to be trolling at this point.
Seriously. You have to hate superman.

Quote:
Lois has to be involved in someone. If Lana arrives, I doubt Lois will be able to keep Clark. Bruce is the next best thing. And Lois' age is closer to Bruce's age than Clark's age.
Quote:
Bruce can have her for free. Lana is most likely going to be a lot hotter.

Amy Adams is older than Henry, Lois Lane isn't that much older than Clark, Henry and Amy have said this themselves.

Lana arriving wouldn't change the fact that MoS had Lois heavily involved in Clark's transformation into Superman. She knew him before, she started falling in love with him through this process and viceversa. Why wouldn't she be able to keep Clark? because you're expecting a much hotter Lana? oh please.

All I can see is Bruce flirting with Lois , I'm expecting him to do it, it's gonna be fun, but a love triangle is huge NO.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 08-24-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #49
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I'd like to throw Vicki Vale in there. It wouldn't be overkill, and her and Lois' possible rivalry may parallel the main plot.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #50
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

How about a Clark and Bruce romance....just so we can stop talking about Lana and Brois.

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote