The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #51
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Default Re: What about a Lois/Bruce romance?

Superman loves Wayne, but Batman loves Kent. In the end, they find out each other's identity and it's happily ever after.

GENERAL RAAM582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #52
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It should end like an animated Disney movie, where it just pans out into the sky.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #53
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

All I know is that considering that Bruce's presence in this film feels like an huge invasion within the superman franchise already for some since a lot of us wanted a standard solo sequel...Bruce had better not be written to fall for Lois or vice versa..and while Bruce could try to flirt with Lois, they'd better be careful on how they have Lois respond since one wrong action could make her look bad.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #54
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I see no reason why Lois' eye would stray from the guy she just became infatuated with, and why Batman would even be thinking about sex with the fate of the world at risk.
Batman is useless to the world. He has no control over the world (only Gotham city, and he can't even keep people safe there). Only Superman is responsible for the fate of the world.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #55
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Batman is useless to the world. He has no control over the world (only Gotham city, and he can't even keep people safe there). Only Superman is responsible for the fate of the world.
You should really read the comics more. I may not be Batman's biggest fan, but even I can't overlook everything that the character has done and contributed to the world that he lives within the comics. He's saved the day many times using nothing but his will and wits, outsmarting some of DC's most notorious villains, and when the relationship is portrayed right, he's like one of the few human beings that Superman can trust.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #56
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
We have NO idea as to what the history is between Clark and Lana in THIS CANON. Lana has NEVER..I repeat..NEVER been an important character in the long run. And if you want drama, why not kill off Lana then? If she's that freaking important according to your post, then it'd make sense to kill off this person.
Lana is important because she was part of Clark's earlier years and has proven to be useable in adult form (we saw in Superman III). And she is the only link to Clark's childhood (apart from Martha).

However, the way Man Of Steel universe is right now (Lois is present in adult form), if you are going to kill someone off to make an emotional impact it clearly is Lois. You wouldn't simply introduce Lana in MOS2 and kill her off an hour later. Lois has been very well established in MOS and would therefore be a great kill in MOS2.

Plus its very easy to get a superstar actress to sign for a role in a superhero film. Even the legendary Natalie Portman was willing to accept Thor. MOS2 or MOS3 can get a marquee actress for the Lana role. I think they dropped the ball when they chose Amy Adams for Lois. Why not go with a bigger name?

There are plenty of Oscar nominees and a couple of winners who are bigger box office attractions than Amy Adams (and decent fits for Lois or Lana). I'm beginning to think Amy Adams only got the Lois role because she claimed to have memorized all of Lois' lines from the Reeve/Kidder scenes.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #57
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
You should really read the comics more. I may not be Batman's biggest fan, but even I can't overlook everything that the character has done and contributed to the world that he lives within the comics. He's saved the day many times using nothing but his will and wits, outsmarting some of DC's most notorious villains, and when the relationship is portrayed right, he's like one of the few human beings that Superman can trust.
But the comics aren't relevant. Nearly 100% of the viewing audience hasn't read the comics you speak of. So there is no point taking into account Batman's comic book history when we talk about reasoning behind the direction of the films.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #58
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ The comics SHOULD be relevant. But I'm excited about Affleck having creative/story input.

TheFlamingCoco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #59
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Hey, Ben might want to get a lil crack at Amy, if he has some script control.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #60
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Lana is important because she was part of Clark's earlier years and has proven to be useable in adult form (we saw in Superman III). And she is the only link to Clark's childhood (apart from Martha).

However, the way Man Of Steel universe is right now (Lois is present in adult form), if you are going to kill someone off to make an emotional impact it clearly is Lois. You wouldn't simply introduce Lana in MOS2 and kill her off an hour later. Lois has been very well established in MOS and would therefore be a great kill in MOS2.

Plus its very easy to get a superstar actress to sign for a role in a superhero film. Even the legendary Natalie Portman was willing to accept Thor. MOS2 or MOS3 can get a marquee actress for the Lana role. I think they dropped the ball when they chose Amy Adams for Lois. Why not go with a bigger name?

There are plenty of Oscar nominees and a couple of winners who are bigger box office attractions than Amy Adams (and decent fits for Lois or Lana). I'm beginning to think Amy Adams only got the Lois role because she claimed to have memorized all of Lois' lines from the Reeve/Kidder scenes.
I feel like this post alone pretty much reveals that you have no clue on what you're actually saying.

Amy is one of the most well respected actresses out there today and is well loved by the general audience as well, for both her skills and real life personality.

And even though you're most likely using "Smallville" as a reference for Lana's importance, Man of Steel, is NOT Smallville the movie. Lana was never really that much important to Superman/Clark in the overall mythos; do your research before you make statements like that.

And if she were to be presented as such in this franchise, then she would have been given a bigger role in the flashbacks. Hell, most people wouldn't even know that the girl in the bus is Lana due to no one ever addressing her as Lana.

And contrary to what YOU might believe, there are MORE and much interesting ways to create drama that doesn't result in Lois dying.

Sorry to say this, but Lana is never going to be important or relevant to this film series; it's just common sense and there is nothing in the films to suggest that also; hell, Pete was presented in being more significant than Lana when it comes to Clark's childhood.

If you want to see Lana as the love of Clark's life, might I suggest "Smallville" Seasons 1-7?

Quote:
But the comics aren't relevant. Nearly 100% of the viewing audience hasn't read the comics you speak of. So there is no point taking into account Batman's comic book history when we talk about reasoning behind the direction of the films.
If the comics aren't relevant, then how do you think people came to know about these characters to begin with? And there have been many animated films and shows to portray Batman's significance to the world, and honestly, if people like Hawkeye and Black Widow can hang with the Avengers, then Batman shouldn't have any problem in live action adaptations.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #61
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Who the he11 cares about Lana!

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #62
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I feel like this post alone pretty much reveals that you have no clue on what you're actually saying.

Amy is one of the most well respected actresses out there today and is well loved by the general audience as well, for both her skills and real life personality.

If the comics aren't relevant, then how do you think people came to know about these characters to begin with? And there have been many animated films and shows to portray Batman's significance to the world, and honestly, if people like Hawkeye and Black Widow can hang with the Avengers, then Batman shouldn't have any problem in live action adaptations.
As I said before, "There are plenty of Oscar nominees and a couple of winners who are bigger box office attractions than Amy Adams".... My point is if you are looking for a "well respected actress, loved by audiences for her skill and personality" there are other Oscar nominees with greater box office appeal.

And if Amy Adams was chosen because she had great chemistry with Cavill, no proof of that yet. I read her interview where Adams said she knew all of Kidder's lines and that Lois was her favorite character when she was a child. I bet she told Snyder that during the audition. I think she weaseled her way into the role with the sentimental claims. Or maybe Nolan asked for her (he was responsible for miscasting Katie Holmes and Maggie G).

Majority of the box office is made from teenagers who don't read comics. You know it and I know it. They hear about these superheros because they see films like Batman Begins and await the sequels. Or they are drawn in by inspiring and action-packed trailers which MOS had (and that is why it made a lot more than Superman Returns).

Last edited by MANOFSTEELtrilogy; 08-25-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #63
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
As I said before, "There are plenty of Oscar nominees and a couple of winners who are bigger box office attractions than Amy Adams".... My point is if you are looking for a "well respected actress, loved by audiences for her skill and personality" there are other Oscar nominees with greater box office appeal.
Really? Could you name some since I'm curious as to which other actresses with that type of resume could have filled in for the role that would have been better than Amy?

Quote:
And if Amy Adams was chosen because she had great chemistry with Cavill, no proof of that yet. I read her interview where Adams said she knew all of Kidder's lines and that Lois was her favorite character when she was a child. I bet she told Snyder that during the audition. I think she weaseled her way into the role with the sentimental claims. Or maybe Nolan asked for her (he was responsible for miscasting Katie Holmes and Maggie G).
Wow, this part of the post is just big time FAIL. Look, you are entitled to your opinion, but most of the people that watched MOS actually enjoyed Amy, and just because you don't like Lois or Amy for that matter, that really doesn't help support your belief that Lana should come into the story as some bigger character.

And if you're using the comics as a means of justifying her role, it's funny that you should mention that considering on how you were adamant that no one really reads comics anymore when we were talking about Batman's importance to the DC world.

And if you think that Snyder would give a role to an actress just because she recites some lines from Kidder's role, then you really don't understand on how everything works. And it's been mentioned and confirmed several times that the whole casting process was Snyder's job, with Nolan not having any hand at it, after all, he was also busy with directing TDKR at that given time.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #64
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Majority of the box office is made from teenagers who don't read comics. You know it and I know it. They hear about these superheros because they see films like Batman Begins and await the sequels.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #65
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

I'd prefer all these actresses to Amy Adams, both in terms of skill and appeal (for the role of Lois)-

Kate Winslet
Hilary Swank
Carey Mulligan
Ellen Page
Halle Berry (older yes, but looks younger than Amy Adams)
Jennifer Connelly
Kate Hudson
Keira Knightley
Michelle Williams
Natalie Portman (if she wasn't in Thor)
Reese Witherspoon

And you are gullible if you think the audition process is fair, clean or consistent. Many factors are incorporated. Sometimes it really is something the actresses says regarding their reasons for wanting the role. Sometimes its just the gut feeling of the director. I agree, I don't think Nolan had any say in the casting of Lois. I only brought it up because he's screwed up before when casting for female characters. He never met Cavill, but that doesn't mean he never offered Snyder an idea for the casting of Lois. I can't rule it out.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #66
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I'd prefer all these actresses to Amy Adams, both in terms of skill and appeal (for the role of Lois)-

Kate Winslet
Hilary Swank
Carey Mulligan
Ellen Page
Jennifer Connelly
Kate Hudson
Keira Knightley
Michelle Williams
Reese Witherspoon

And you are gullible if you think the audition process is fair, clean or consistent. Many factors are incorporated. Sometimes it really is something the actresses says regarding their reasons for wanting the role. Sometimes its just the gut feeling of the director. I agree, I don't think Nolan had any say in the casting of Lois. I only brought it up because he's screwed up before when casting for female characters. He never met Cavill, but that doesn't mean he never offered Snyder an idea for the casting of Lois. I can't rule it out.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #67
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Quote:

Kate Winslet
Hilary Swank
Carey Mulligan
Ellen Page
Jennifer Connelly
Kate Hudson
Keira Knightley
Michelle Williams
Reese Witherspoon

This is the Bruce/Lois romance thread. Go make a Lana thread if you want to talk about her so much.

And really, Hillary Swank as Lois? REALLY?

As for Bruce and Lois, heck no. UNLESS Lois is flirting with him so she can get close enough to distract him so she can pick his pocket.

But the Movie Gods usually hate me during sequels, so they'll probably try to prop this film up with a contrived and badly written love triangle. Bruce will be all sexy and flirty (as much as Affleck can be, at any rate), Clark will be all ragey and territorial, making him seem like an ass, and Lois will bounce between the two like an idiot.

Please, please Movie Gods. Don't let that happen. Amen.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #68
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
This is the Bruce/Lois romance thread. Go make a Lana thread if you want to talk about her so much.

And really, Hillary Swank as Lois? REALLY?

As for Bruce and Lois, heck no. UNLESS Lois is flirting with him so she can get close enough to distract him so she can pick his pocket.

But the Movie Gods usually hate me during sequels, so they'll probably try to prop this film up with a contrived and badly written love triangle. Bruce will be all sexy and flirty (as much as Affleck can be, at any rate), Clark will be all ragey and territorial, making him seem like an ass, and Lois will bounce between the two like an idiot.

Please, please Movie Gods. Don't let that happen. Amen.
As I said when I started this I don't see a triangle in WF. There just isn't time for that or really for developing the Clark/Lois relationship.

But the studio will probably throw in a tease of maybe something going on with Bruce and Lois. But it'll be a tease at most and not followed up on is my guess.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #69
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, assuming what Goyer said about their (Clark and Lois's) relationship still turns out to be true for this film, Clark and Lois will be in a REAL relationship, with her protecting his secret.

So she can't sincerely flirt with him or respond to any advances that Bruce might back towards her without making her look bad like she did in the Animated "WF" film.

The big difference here is that Lois and Superman/Clark weren't an item in that film. In fact, Lois thought that Superman was purposefully being emotionally distant or not interested in pursuing a relationship with her, thus when Bruce shows up, she naturally responds to his advances, which makes sense and was perfectly okay in the context of the situation.

It's not going to be so much the case here. And honestly, I feel like the need to use a one sided love triangle (one sided implying that Lois does not at all feel conflicted between the two heroes) to cause tension between Superman and Batman is very cheap and lazy since those two characters alone have so much on their own to be reasons as to why there'd be tension between them.

Plus, I also hope that they don't establish that Lois and Bruce were former lovers since I personally never like the idea of friends (man or woman) sharing lovers in certain scenarios. I mean sure, it works with other fictional stories, but I'd like to see my DC heroes be beyond that trait at least.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #70
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

MANOFSTEELTRILOGY:

Just because YOU didn't personally like Amy Adams as Lois doesn't mean she shouldn't have been cast.

Also, it's not as easy to get cast in a part as you think it is, even for established actors. The only way an actor or actress would be cast sight-unseen is if they were personally approached by the director and handed a role that was specifically written for them.

Amy Adams got the role of Lois because she fit the character, not because she 'talked her way into it'. It's real easy to sit at your computer and say that there were other actresses who deserved the role, but, luckily, the people who actually make these kinds of decisions don't pay attention to the ramblings of 'armchair casting directors'.

As for any sort of love triangle, Lois and Clark are already for all intents and purposes committed to each other by the end of Man of Steel, and the writers aren't going to undo that.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #71
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Plus, I'd like to add that we have yet to see ONE superman film, where we get to see their romance (Superman and Lois) survive at the very end of the film. Almost every film before MOS showed Superman and Lois being practically portrayed as a doomed couple, where it was because of Superman's job to the world that he could never be with Lois, and with SR adding that it was because of Superman's absence and Richard White, that he could never really go back to her like the way it was before.

MOS actually took the first step in building an actual relationship between the two, and I think it's due time to show the most famous comic book couple getting their due.

If Peter Parker and MJ can survive an entire trilogy, despite all the crap that was written in their way, and Batman can end up living happily ever after with Selina Kyle, then Superman should have no problem with Lois.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #72
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, assuming what Goyer said about their (Clark and Lois's) relationship still turns out to be true for this film, Clark and Lois will be in a REAL relationship, with her protecting his secret.
I think what Goyer said in the past is out the window with Ben on board Its almost certain he will have some input.

Ben is a huge Batman fan and probably sees this as partially a launch for his solo Batman franchise.

So even though the film will be balanced between Batman and Superman, I hope, I won't be surprised if Batman is played up, subtlety of course, as the better character in love as well as war.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #73
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Batman has never been featured in a movie where he didn't have a love interest.

You can pretty much guarantee that there's going to be some kind of Bruce/Lois subplot.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #74
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

The script has to be quite far along since I believe Ben read it before committing to the role, and it's not likely that they're going to scrap what they have just because he's joining the project. He will probably have some input on how his character is portrayed, but that's it.

As for the 'there's never been a Batman movie where Bruce didn't have a love interest' comment, this isn't a Batman movie; it's a Superman movie that features Batman, and that's not going to change regardless of the size and specifics of Bruce's role in the story.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry

Last edited by DigificWriter; 08-25-2013 at 10:03 AM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #75
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Hey Kate Winslet was on my list of better actresses to play Lois as well. But not Halle, sorry I'm all for Lois not being white but Halle has has 2 comic book chances. Though if she could actually pull it off it could be good.
Main thing I want is for Lois to figure out who Batman is like she figured it out about Clark.

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote