The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Goyer writing the script for the first Superman Batman film
His work on MOS was VERY GOOD. He'll do GREAT. 27 20.45%
His work on MOS was OKAY. I am Skecptical. 30 22.73%
His work on MOS was POOR. I feel dread. 32 24.24%
He NEEDS Affleck's help and guidance to deliver a great script 43 32.58%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #26
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Problem is, the other guy writing the actual screenplay based on Goy's idea is none other than Sucker Punch's Snyder.
For what it's worth, he actually wrote some of 300

But yeah, Ben should check the script out and rewrite parts if he has the time.

Or at least give both Goyer AND Zack some pointers

Old 08-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
Superchan
Side-Kick

Goyer has some great ideas not to mention extensive comicbook knowledge but he needs alot of help in the story telling department and this should come from a proper writer not Affleck (I know he won an acadamy for best screen play for good will hunting but to be honest I think it was mostly damon rather than affleck).

Old 08-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #28
Project862006
Banned User

why say that damon only wrote promised land other than GWH while ben has wrote gone baby gone and the town since

Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #29
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

When Superman meets Batman for the first time:

Batman: nice cape!

Superman: thanks

And when Alfred is introduced:

(Batman throws his coffe cup on the floor, smashing it in slo-mo)

Batman: Goddamn it, Alfred! I said f***ing decaf!

Alfred: i'm terribly sorry master Bruce! Please don't hurt me!

(Alfred hurries into the bat-kitchen and makes a new cup. Superman stares in disbelief)

Superman: I got to get me one of those!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
Goyer has some great ideas not to mention extensive comicbook knowledge but he needs alot of help in the story telling department and this should come from a proper writer not Affleck (I know he won an acadamy for best screen play for good will hunting but to be honest I think it was mostly damon rather than affleck).
And he wrote bits of The Town and Gone Baby Gone.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #31
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

I like Goyer and I liked Man Of Steel, however it did feel rushed (they worked on it for 2 and a half years....how the hell did they manage to make it feel rushed) and it seemed liked they left out a lot, I hope with Affleck involved he will help flesh out the script a bit and make it more character driven instead of action in the new one.

I'm not saying dont have action, you need some amazing action sequences, but show more of the characters and what makes them tick, not just quick cliff notes that barely makes them get by and the only reason why it actually works is cause we already know so much about them anyway that further explanation is not really needed.

For a movie that claimed to be a new start, to be made as if no other Superman movie had been made before, they counted heavily on the fact that we already know these characters and why they do what they do and sacrificed a lot of it on screen (yet wrote it pretty well in the book version....go figure lol).

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 08-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #32
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #33
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

After watching MOS and liking it I saw the flaws in the story mostly with pacing and the passing of time in the movie. Having Goyer back is scary but pairing him with Zack Snyder?! WTF! Have they not seen Sucker Punch?!

Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #34
shauner111
Side-Kick

Sucker Punch was all from scratch. I have no worries about this because they have MOS to bounce off of. Snyder/Goyer are coming up with the story but im sure Frank Miller's Returns will figure into the Batman side of things, while MOS will help influence what comes next for Superman's character. Plus I read Affleck may be involved too.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #35
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I'm amazed when I see people rip Goyer's dialogue when they act like the guy who wrote the "toad" line in X-Men is God's gift to screenwriting.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
D.P.
Banned User

Sorry, the people who keep bringing up Sucker Punch remind me of the people who keep bringing up Daredevil.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #37
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Daredevil was 10yrs ago and Ben has redeemed himself. Snyder did SP in 2010 or 2011 and has no redeemed himself. See the difference?

Old 08-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #38
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Daredevil was 10yrs ago and Ben has redeemed himself. Snyder did SP in 2010 or 2011 and has no redeemed himself. See the difference?
In the eyes of some.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #39
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Really what else has Zack written, 300 and Sucker Punch? The 300 sequel, some movie called Black Fighter. What movies has Ben acted in since Daredevil? Hollywoodland, Argo, The Town, and that's not counting the movies he was good in prior to DareDevil.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #40
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bringing up Sucker punch is like bringing up a bad David Gordon Green movie. It's not indicative of the man's talents in relation to his specific purpose.

In other words, Snyder won't set out to make an experimental mind trip every time, and thus he probably won't fail every time.
Next people will be bringing up those grindhouse movies and citing Tarantino as a nothing but a throw back style copping director(um that may be a bad example).

Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #41
JBElliott
Side-Kick

I hope they keep it really dark and gritty and realistic. Have both Superman and Batman in black trench coats with no lame ass capes.

Or we could get a movie about superheroes.

Either way really.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #42
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
But seriosuly, call me a conspiracy theorist, but Ben's casting is strategic as f**k. It's the first ray of hope for this film and this franchise's future.
Strategic casting is a conspiracy theory? Do productions usually just cast actors at random?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #43
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Sucker Punch is one of 2 of the best known writing credits of Snyders. Bringing it up is judging what kind of writer he is by his past experiences. Saying it shouldn't be brought up is like saying you shouldn't use Good Will Hunting as an indicator of what kind of writer Ben will be.
Ben as an actor has done good and bad jobs and numerous times. He may be able to do Batman better than he did as Daredevil judging from his past work. Zack on the other hand hasn't proven he can be a good writer unless you are a fan of 300.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #44
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

goyer's writing is terribly mediocre. he requires an extreme amount of supervision. why not just hire a good writer who doesn't require hand holding? and while yer at it, replace the director who up until 2 years ago proclaimed he doesnt want to do a superman movie because he doesnt understand the character...which he all but proved with his "superman" movie.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #45
smashmode
House Stark

I can see no way that Affleck agrees to take on future Batflicks etc if he does not have a hand in helping create batman during Batman vs Superman.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #46
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Really what else has Zack written, 300 and Sucker Punch? The 300 sequel, some movie called Black Fighter. What movies has Ben acted in since Daredevil? Hollywoodland, Argo, The Town, and that's not counting the movies he was good in prior to DareDevil.
Sucker Punch went over a lot of people's heads and had some profound underlying themes as well as cool visuals - in my opinion.

Opinion is subjective btw.

...or didn't you get the memo?

Old 08-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #47
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Just to make sure people know, Snyder is NOT writing the script. He has a STORY credit, which is what Nolan had on Man Of Steel. Which basically means the general story (max four page) would be by him.

The entire script would be written by David Goyer.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #48
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post

The entire script would be written by David Goyer.

16 people on suicide watch tbh.

Edit - Correction, 32.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #49
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
I keep hearing about Goyer and his great ideas. Name one brilliant idea he had in MOS.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #50
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
I keep hearing about Goyer and his great ideas. Name one brilliant idea he had in MOS.
- Introducing Lois as a tough, investigative journalist who is tracking Superman, as opposed to a chain smoking ditz that can't spell.

- Making Zod simply a man driven (and genetically engineered) to preserve the Kryptonian race, no matter the cost, rather than simply a power mad nutbar who just wants everyone to kneel in front of him.

- Presenting Clark as a good and heroic man who is nevertheless conflicted over what he has to do, due to his father's advice and the evil nature of mankind.

- Introducing a doomsday device (which is common in almost every superhero movie and I personally love them because it raises the stakes) that is actually the opposite of a doomsday device and yet will wipe out humanity regardless.

- Showing really great scenes of young Clark and his family, giving us an understanding of his upbringing and the type of people they were.

- Making Jor-El a badass, even as a hologram.

Those are just a few.

Of course, this is all subjective and I'm sure you'll refute all of this as stupid, but I could just as easily tell you that you're wrong.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Closed Thread