The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Trek > Star Trek Sequels

View Poll Results: What does the future hold for Star Trek after a sequel to STID is released?
More Star Trek films with the same crew (Abrams-verse/alternate timeline) 5 71.43%
More Star Trek films with a new crew (Abrams-verse) 1 14.29%
A TNG reboot set in the Abrams-verse 0 0%
A new TV series set in the Abrams-verse 1 14.29%
A new TV series set in the original timeline 2 28.57%
An animated series (Abrams-verse) 1 14.29%
Nothing. Star Trek will most likely die for good. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default The Future of Star Trek

Its a given that we are getting a sequel to Star Trek Into Darkness, which is most likely going to be released in 2016. However, where do we go from there? Do we continue making Star Trek movies set in the Abrams-verse? Another TV series set in the original timeline (or the alternate)? A TNG reboot? Or nothing?

What are some of your thoughts?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
LTM438
Newbie First Class

Default Re: The Future of Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Its a given that we are getting a sequel to Star Trek Into Darkness, which is most likely going to be released in 2016. However, where do we go from there? Do we continue making Star Trek movies set in the Abrams-verse? Another TV series set in the original timeline (or the alternate)? A TNG reboot? Or nothing?

What are some of your thoughts?
Chris Pine let it slip in some interview that he's committed to at least two more films after Into Darkness.

LTM438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTM438 View Post
Chris Pine let it slip in some interview that he's committed to at least two more films after Into Darkness.
I need to find that interview if its somewhere online still.

Didn't Quinto at one point say that STID was going to be his last film? That must have been a rumor.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

If I had to choose, and if I could get my wish, it'd be to have this cast taken into a tv series. Now, I doubt that will happen...even though these days tv series' seem to be more respected and watched than ever before. The stigma of a movie actor doing tv seems to be non-existent anymore. And Quinto still does tv, and Urban has an upcoming tv show. So maybe it's not as much of a long shot as I think it is.

I think Star Trek is best when it's serialized. And I really like this cast. They got the right people to play these roles these roles.

But, if I had to wager on it, I'd say after another film they could do another series in the original timeline and probably another film with the Abrams-verse. If the series won't have the Abrams-verse cast, then there'd be no need to tie it into the alternate timeline, I think. And I really do believe that the a new tv series, unrelated to the current films, can co-exist.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
Picard Sisko

There were a couple of Star Trek films made while TNG was on the air, so it wouldn't be so far fetched to have a TV series unrelated to the current films.
-------
They could make a TV series that takes place in the original timeline after Spock and Nero went through the wormhole. The show could discuss the mystery behind it, and then continue to explore the Federation's relations with the Romulans, whose potential partnership was first introduced in Star Trek: Nemesis.