The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 10-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #151
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Default Re: Venom

I use to say that, advocate that for years...I no longer see that as the best option.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #152
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I think they fail to develop the symbiote as its own character. It developed feelings for Peter...

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #153
JOE

I'd want Peter to do the same thing that he did in TSSM. Trick the symbiote into thinking Peter wants it back so it leaves Eddie for him. Betrayal from even the symbiote would be the lowest low for Eddie. It'd also showcase Peter's cunning intelligence.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. SpideyK"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #154
Victarion
The Iron Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Venom could quite easily be a great villain by himself for one film.

But that's the thing right there, he's really only good for about one film. The vengeance, stalker character who's more powerful in every way is something that could play out great for a film. Especially if they build Eddie up in a film prior to the one he would be the big bad in (I personally would want them to go with SSM take, perfect meld of Ultimate Venom and 616).

However, the stalker Venom only really works for one take. So in a film, it's perfect. However, that was why Venom got old very quickly in the comics and they needed to find other angles for him, because in serial format, the stalker angle can only last for so long.

One film though? No problem.
Nolan's take on Two-Face and Bane have convinced me that Venom can work.

I'd like to see Eddie as a humanitarian reporter that wants to shed light on the injustices being committed in third-world countries. A particular tyrant's dealings with a crime lord lead Eddie to New York, where he finds that (insert your favorite Spidey mobster here) is supplying that tyrant. Tie this particular mobster into Norman Osborn as well. You bring Eddie and Peter into the fold as potential allies against Norman. Perhaps something Eddie uncovers about the Parkers' involvement with Osborn causes him to doubt Peter's motives in working with him. Then take it from there.

Do we have confirmation of a symbiote in TASM2?

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #155
fangz
Side-Kick

yeah, tons of ways Venom can work really well in a movie.

When Spider-Man 3, came out, I didn't like Venom at all. I saw him as just some lame extremo example of how comic books can come up with anything good anymore.

but the movie ended up making me examine him more, and years later it finally hit me how great of a character he really is and how wrong I was the whole time.

I see Venom as being the underlying villain of a three part arc.

1st movie - introduce symbiote suit, start getting high off it's powers
2nd movie - get too high, crash, hit bottom. ditch the suit.
3rd movie - full on Venom. in the role of the stalker ex-girlfriend/drug that Peter just quit, coming after him for revenge.

only the 3rd one would truly be a Venom movie. but I think by having the foundations laid in two movies leading up to it would really make it clear exactly why he is one of Spidey's best villains.

fangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #156
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I think they fail to develop the symbiote as its own character. It developed feelings for Peter...
yeah, that's really what it's about too...
totally agree.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #157
fangz
Side-Kick

and to me, Black Cat really has the most to offer in a Spidey story in the second and last of the 3 part arc I outlined above.

she's best used as a escape from reality and MJ for Peter, and that just ties in with the whole high and being taken over by the urges of the symbiote that he'd be feeling in the 2nd movie.

3rd movie would see Black Cat as more of a redemptive role and actually kind of in some ways serving to heal things between MJ and Peter again.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #158
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

<take deep breathe & sigh>

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #159
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
The only use for the symbiote would be to defeat the Sinister 6 along with a mix of emotions from Gwen's death. Hatred and frustration all meshed together would make a fierce symbiote Spider-Man.
Agreed.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #160
JOE

If we see the symbiote and/or tentacles in the movie I'm going to fangasm.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. SpideyK"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #161
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

In a perfect world, they'd introduce Brock and create that tension in Amazing Spider-Man 3 by having him feud with Peter and Spider-Man... having that as a sidestory would go great lengths to building toward 4.

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #162
Spideyfan117
Yo When's Mahvel!?

As cool as Venom would be, I just don't think it's wise to include him at all. If we're building up to the Sinister Six, then the next two movies should be focusing on that. We don't need too many subplots.

Spideyfan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #163
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan117 View Post
As cool as Venom would be, I just don't think it's wise to include him at all. If we're building up to the Sinister Six, then the next two movies should be focusing on that. We don't need too many subplots.

IMO, Spidey needs the aid of the symbiote in order to even stand a chance against the Sinister 6.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #164
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
IMO, Spidey needs the aid of the symbiote in order to even stand a chance against the Sinister 6.
I think Spider-Man would get those extra arms in 6.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #165
TheRobDogg
Banned User

As much of a fan of Venom I am. I really don't believe we will see Venom in the planned 4 films. I mean, sure we might see him a potential fifth film, but that's all it is. Potential. I'd be happy if we didn't see Venom or the black suit, I'd rather wait until a director and writer have full faith in the character before we go shoving him in another film, I don't want another Spider-Man 3.

TheRobDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #166
TheRobDogg
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I think Spider-Man would get those extra arms in 6.
I've said it for a while. If The Lizard isn't apart of the Sinister Six, he'll help Spider-Man. If he is, I still think Felicity Jones is playing Felicia Hardy.

TheRobDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #167
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobDogg
As much of a fan of Venom I am. I really don't believe we will see Venom in the planned 4 films. I mean, sure we might see him a potential fifth film, but that's all it is. Potential. I'd be happy if we didn't see Venom or the black suit, I'd rather wait until a director and writer have full faith in the character before we go shoving him in another film, I don't want another Spider-Man 3.
Most people, even those that were satisfied with the movie, can agree that Brock's character was rushed. Venom should've been in the 4th one so he could have a movie to himself. An anti-Spider-Man is an excellent movie premise, but it could've been better.

How I'd have done it:
- Suit possesses Peter, and while suspicious of the suit, he needs it to be able to fight Sandman.
- Brock takes pictures of "Spider-Man" leaving the scene of a killing, and it looks just like Spider-Man. Gets job over Peter at the Bugle.
- Do the whole corruption/fall of Spider-Man as he's wearing the black suit.
- Spider-Man confronts Brock about his pictures, almost getting to the point of killing him (dropping him from off the top of a church).
- Suddenly, he realizes what he's becoming and discards the suit.
- Brock gets suit with a Venom cameo at the end.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #168
JOE

Yeah, the church scene should have been the cliffhanger. It would have made SM3 bearable and given them more time to develop Venom. That how Webb should do it if they choose to take another shot at the fan favorite.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #169
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

You can't just shoe in one of the three villains like that, Goblin, Ock, and Venom deserve a film as the villain, not having to share it with anyone else. Take out Venom and just place him at the end of the film as a sign of what's to come. The movie would've been fine if Venom wasn't shoved down our throats in the end with a whopping fifteen minutes of screen time. It's also gay that Brock got killed from one pumpkin bomb. No matter how they did it, Venom was going to be rushed, and Harry was going to get the shaft.

It would've been better if it was Sandman/Vulture like Raimi wanted it. Because Vulture is less complicated than Venom and would've been tied with Sandman from the start and shared scenes with him. Plus, he didn't have an arc or descent to evil since he would've began the film as an evil villain. That's two villain arcs going on instead of three unrelated ones. Sandman and Venom didn't go together at all.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 11-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #170
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

I used to like Venom, as a matter of fact he was my favourite Spider-Man villain but after his piss poor debut in Spider-Man 3 I have lost all interest in the character. Sony should be less eager to do Venom as the thing I see people wanting most in this new franchise is not Venom but an Avengers crossover.

I would much rather they do the classic villains like Mysterio, Green Goblin, Doc Ock and even Vulture before we even get an Easter Egg of Venom.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #171
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Read Venom Circle of Four today.

Other than making a great movie, (that'd never happen) it makes me long for an Agent Venom movie.

I'd love to see Flash leave for the War in ASM2 and in ASM3 come back without legs.

Meanwhile in ASM3 Pete has about abandons the Symbiote and delivers it to a science facility where it's confiscated by the military and used for Project Rebirth.

Then in a post credit stinger Flash is recruited to use it and jiumps at the chane to emulate his hero.

Launch a Venom solo series of movies where he battles to control the Symbiote while balancing his personal life and going on missions.

Have him go up againt Jack O'Lantern.

ASM4 could feature both Spidey and Agent Venom going up against the Sinster Six.

Plus it's so different than every other Superhero movie, it's basically a Licenced Punisher with spiderman powers. And so different from their failed Brock Venom that it'd draw no parrallels

Professor Xavier: I feel a great swell of pity for the poor fool who comes to that school... looking for trouble.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #172
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Read Venom Circle of Four today.

Other than making a great movie, (that'd never happen) it makes me long for an Agent Venom movie.

I'd love to see Flash leave for the War in ASM2 and in ASM3 come back without legs.

Meanwhile in ASM3 Pete has about abandons the Symbiote and delivers it to a science facility where it's confiscated by the military and used for Project Rebirth.

Then in a post credit stinger Flash is recruited to use it and jiumps at the chane to emulate his hero.

Launch a Venom solo series of movies where he battles to control the Symbiote while balancing his personal life and going on missions.

Have him go up againt Jack O'Lantern.

ASM4 could feature both Spidey and Agent Venom going up against the Sinster Six.

Plus it's so different than every other Superhero movie, it's basically a Licenced Punisher with spiderman powers. And so different from their failed Brock Venom that it'd draw no parrallels
Sounds good. No matter what, Peter's gonna need help to fight the Sinister Six.

Venom, Black Cat, Scarlet Spider...let Sony give them solos and then team them up for the Sinister Six.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #173
Peterporker912
Newbie First Class

sorry all these sound like good ideas
but i dont think venom will appear in this film series

Peterporker912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #174
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

^ This is Eddie Brock done right.

Not to mention Ryan Kwanten is a perfect casting choice for Eddie as well. He really nails it.

I hope TPTB are paying attention.

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #175
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

^ This is Eddie Brock done right.

Not to mention Ryan Kwanten is a perfect casting choice for Eddie as well. He really nails it.

I hope TPTB are paying attention.
Yes!! I absolutely loved this flick. Saw it some months ago and it blew me away

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote