The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #301
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Inception, Gladiator, etc..

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer

Last edited by John-An; 04-15-2014 at 07:03 PM.
John-An is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #302
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 36,452
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Howard Shore did LoTR.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #303
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Howard Shore did LoTR.
Fixed.

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
John-An is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #304
kguillou
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 6,827
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

This may sound like hyperbole but if Zimmer isnt scoring this film that may be a dealbreaker for me. I feel like his score really sets the tone and mood for these movies sooo well. There are just so many moments in TDKT and MoS that just would not be the same without Zimmer. That moment at the end of MoS where Clark smiles at Lois with the theme building in the background and then finally kicks in when the title screen hits...goosebump enducing.

I really hope Snyder can convince him to stay onboard.

kguillou is online now  
Old 04-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #305
Zorex
No T, No Shade
 
Zorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,948
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Zimmer can deliver great score, I just don't find his MOS score to be great. Good, not great. I hope he'll push/be pushed to deliver more next time around.

__________________
Go Forward.
Remember Where You Come From
Zorex is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #306
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

I beg to differ. The Man of Steel score was one of the best scores in cmb ever IMO.

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
John-An is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #307
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 6,506
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

I listen to the MoS score nearly everyday. I love it.
and now we get to hear his TASM2 score, which is...amazing.

matt47 is online now  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #308
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18,161
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I beg to differ. The Man of Steel score was one of the best scores in cmb ever IMO.
I agree, and not just because I like Zimmer. From start to finish it's a great score with good flow. Sure, it's an origin tale, but we do get themes for key moments. I particularly loved the 'Earth' cue - it nailed Clark's country roots, and I hope we hear it in the actual film this time.

__________________
Follow Anne on Facebook and Instagram.
AnneFan is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #309
Chip Chipperson
.
 
Chip Chipperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,541
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

MOS score is right up there with Shirley Walker's BTAS theme in my all time favorites.

Chip Chipperson is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #310
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 11,547
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

I loved Zimmer's score for the Dark Knight trilogy and MOS. I thought he managed to capture the essence of both of those characters without producing something retro. His music is beautiful. I'm really happy with this.

__________________
"Somewhere in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down…" - Grant Morrison.

*
\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #311
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 6,506
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I agree, and not just because I like Zimmer. From start to finish it's a great score with good flow. Sure, it's an origin tale, but we do get themes for key moments. I particularly loved the 'Earth' cue - it nailed Clark's country roots, and I hope we hear it in the actual film this time.
I too love "Earth". It's actually one of my favorites from the whole score.

matt47 is online now  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #312
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18,161
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
I too love "Earth". It's actually one of my favorites from the whole score.
Agreed. The theme was used well throughout the score, same sound for different aims. 'Earth' - rural American roots. 'This is Clark Kent' - His tender and private side. 'Flight' - Patriotic, Americana type heroism. 'What are you going to do' - the main theme in its pure form. The rising riffs during 'Sent Here For A Reason' and 'Terraforming' are more angry/focused.

__________________
Follow Anne on Facebook and Instagram.
AnneFan is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #313
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I agree, and not just because I like Zimmer. From start to finish it's a great score with good flow. Sure, it's an origin tale, but we do get themes for key moments. I particularly loved the 'Earth' cue - it nailed Clark's country roots, and I hope we hear it in the actual film this time.
My fav is Flight. emotional, great, and epic. I mean loved all the B.S.O and you know that some songs haven't been released on CD?
Another special edition coming?
Oh yeah

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
John-An is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #314
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 6,506
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Whenever I listen to "This is Clark Kent" I think it should've been called "Lois and Clark" because if you watch the movie whenever them two have a moment it comes on.

matt47 is online now  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #315
geetard
Fearless
 
geetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,340
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

General Zod is one of my favourites on the score. The closing moments of the track are so emotional.

It should have been in the movie.

__________________
IN TSUJIHARA WE TRUST
Because he's ****ing alley
geetard is online now  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #316
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18,161
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

I watched a Hans interview on Youtube a few night ago, it went for about an hour. In there, he said something which stuck with me. He said along the lines, people hear the John Williams theme and say what a genius he is. And yes, that theme is excellent, and Hans wasn't knocking that or being jealous. But he said it's what follows that theme, the rest of the score, that matters. The segments which perhaps aren't that hummable, but provide the score's real heart and soul. That's where Hans' strength lies, in my opinion, and it's true of his MOS score.

__________________
Follow Anne on Facebook and Instagram.
AnneFan is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #317
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

^^^

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
John-An is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #318
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 6,506
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I watched a Hans interview on Youtube a few night ago, it went for about an hour. In there, he said something which stuck with me. He said along the lines, people hear the John Williams theme and say what a genius he is. And yes, that theme is excellent, and Hans wasn't knocking that or being jealous. But he said it's what follows that theme, the rest of the score, that matters. The segments which perhaps aren't that hummable, but provide the score's real heart and soul. That's where Hans' strength lies, in my opinion, and it's true of his MOS score.
I actually listened to that interview not to long ago as well!
Exactly, I'd rather a strong overall score than one good theme played over and over.

matt47 is online now  
Old 04-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #319
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 7,360
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

I agree with the argument about having a solid musical body.

__________________
Jessica Jones is the best comic book television program.
jonathancrane is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #320
mclay18
Side-Kick
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,665
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

You guys act like had Zimmer not returned for this movie, it'd be a big letdown. It would've been, had Snyder brought in Tyler Bates.

And it's presumptuous to think Zimmer is locked in, when his exact words are: "[...] I will probably head over to where Zack is shooting his movie and just hang out a bit and see if we can come up with any ideas." Seems a bit too early to celebrate, no?

__________________
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine Channing Tatum grinding his crotch in a human face, forever."
mclay18 is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #321
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Obviously he's locked. if not he will never said that. Zimmer is a serious guy.

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
John-An is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 PM   #322
mclay18
Side-Kick
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,665
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Obviously he's locked. if not he will never said that. Zimmer is a serious guy.
I just hope Zimmer lays off the synths and percussion this time, and write for a full orchestra this time (rather than just strings, brass and percussion). He does well when he's pushed in new directions.

__________________
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine Channing Tatum grinding his crotch in a human face, forever."
mclay18 is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 AM   #323
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I just hope Zimmer lays off the synths and percussion this time, and write for a full orchestra this time (rather than just strings, brass and percussion). He does well when he's pushed in new directions.
For me all the things he used for MOS were great and a little groundbreaking. Not you know the all known. and it sounded great. I hope some of the MOS themes return for this movie and they create some other ones.

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer

Last edited by John-An; 04-16-2014 at 12:09 AM.
John-An is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #324
John-An
Bae Gadot!
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 15,581
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Strangely, I thought Zimmer's percussion needed to be sharper and more distinct in the MOS stuff. It just felt a bit too subdued.
I disagree. In comparisson for example to TDK soundtrack, the MOS one had some differences that made it unique.

__________________
#UNITETHESEVEN because #THEDAWNISCOMING

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
John-An is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 12:20 AM   #325
geetard
Fearless
 
geetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,340
Default Re: Hans Zimmer is scoring Batman vs Superman

I loved the TDKR score.

__________________
IN TSUJIHARA WE TRUST
Because he's ****ing alley
geetard is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.