The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy Sequels

Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
palewest
Side-Kick

Question Guardians 2?

Do you think there will be a Guardians of the Galaxy 2? Will we possibly see it in Phase 4?

palewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Guardians 2?

In my honest opinion, I don't think there will be. This seems like an one-shot thing. Unless Marvel really wants this to be a film series like Thor/Cap/Iron Man and Avengers and they will do a sequel even if the box-office numbers aren't so great.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by palewest View Post
Do you think there will be a Guardians of the Galaxy 2? Will we possibly see it in Phase 4?
Unless GOTG is a Green Lantern style mega-flop, and there's no reason to suspect it will be, a sequel is coming. Even if the film underperforms, Feige and company are too invested in the cosmic side of the MCU to let one disappointing outing discourage them. They'll change directors, writers, eliminate characters and introduce new ones for the sequel if need be. GOTG 2 is a virtual lock for Phase 3.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Mr. Dent
Banned User

If the movie is a success, there will definitely be a sequel. It's how things work.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
In my honest opinion, I don't think there will be. This seems like an one-shot thing. Unless Marvel really wants this to be a film series like Thor/Cap/Iron Man and Avengers and they will do a sequel even if the box-office numbers aren't so great.
How does this seem like a one-shot thing? This has franchise potential written all over it!

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Mr. Dent
Banned User

You obviously haven't read psylock's posts before.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
You obviously haven't read psylock's posts before.
I have, I just like proving him wrong.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
I have, I just like proving him wrong.
Fin Fang Foom should be the villain in the sequel. /thread

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by palewest View Post
We'll probably see it in phase 3.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

I was wondering if the original Guardians of the Galaxy in the 31st century I used to read in the 90's would be a viable movie sequel idea but maybe this is wishful thinking on my part.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #11
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians 2: Planet Hulk

Marvel Could Start Releasing Three - Or Even Four - Movies A Year
Kevin Feige explains the situation where Marvel could break out of their two-per-year plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Faraci
Guardians 2 (which might be Planet Hulk, by the way. Yes, I believe that is on the table. It may not be a true adaptation of the comic series, but don't be shocked if Hulk and the Guardians of the Galaxy cross paths).

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Guardians II and Thor III are essential to setting up Avengers III imo. Thanos needs to attack Loki to keep his promise that The Other made to him and get the tesseract. Thor should be aware of Thanos and company before A3.

Also The Guardians after the events of GotG aren't gonna just quit assuming Ronan gets the Infinity Stone (He should because eventually Thanos gets them all right?) So possibly Nova joins and like a situation where he flies back to Earth to warn the Avengers like he did about The Phoenix Force. I'd definitely like to see The GotG team up with The Avengers for A3. I think the entire MCU should be there.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #13
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Warner’s C.E.O. Is Bullish on the Big Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKS BARNES
As for DC Entertainment, cross-studio collaboration to make better use of its comic book characters appears to have accelerated considerably since Mr. Tsujihara took over, in part because he eliminated some management layers. (He has not named a chief operating officer and did not replace Mr. Rosenblum and Mr. Robinov, choosing instead to divide up their duties and assume some himself.) Two new television shows are coming to the CW and Fox, including one based on the Flash and another on a young Batman, and a film series will be announced in the near future, Mr. Tsujihara said. It is expected to include a “Justice League” movie.
Marvel responds:
Kevin Feige, Marvel's Superhero at Running Movie Franchises
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Leonard
Or perhaps Iger has a built-in GPS for acquiring studios that can tell stories. Much of Marvel’s success can be attributed to Feige. He has a special understanding of comics, fans, superheroes, and narrative. He concedes that Marvel won’t recover the film rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men anytime soon but says Marvel has something more valuable: a universe of thousands of characters it controls entirely. That means Feige can produce an unlimited number of films with interweaving story lines and characters, creating a vast audience for almost any Marvel movie. People might show up for The Avengers, meet the Black Widow, and come back for her movie, too. There’s a map of films reaching far into the next decade on the wall of Feige’s office. “It’s like looking through the Hubble telescope. You go, ‘What’s happening back there? I can sort of see it,’ ” he laughs. “They printed out a new one recently that went to 2028.”

The success of The Avengers banished any remaining doubts about Iger’s $4 billion investment in Marvel. “It was not clear until they did The Avengers how big Marvel could be,” says Merrill Lynch’s Cohen, acknowledging her earlier lack of faith. And The Avengers didn’t triumph at the box office only because it was a good movie. Until then, most of Marvel’s films had been distributed by Paramount Pictures (VIA). Disney threw every division of the company, from theme parks to television to consumer products, behind The Avengers. “All Paramount cares about is the distribution fee,” says Iger. “Now that we distribute these movies, it’s not about a fee. It’s not even about box office. It’s about the entire entity doing well, which ultimately lifts the Disney stock.” A sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, is scheduled for release in May 2015.

Iger would like to replicate the success of The Avengers with other Marvel teams. He says Marvel could potentially spin off members of the Guardians of the Galaxy, which include Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon, in their own features. In November, Disney announced a deal with Netflix (NFLX) to create individual TV shows about Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones. They will join forces in a fifth series called The Defenders. Iger and Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios, recently met with the Marvel team to talk about new heroes who will be introduced in Age of Ultron and could be spun off in their own films as well. Iger declines to name them. “The possibilities are endless,” he says.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #14
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Guardians 2: Planet Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post
Kevin Feige explains the situation where Marvel could break out of their two-per-year plan.
This possibility has crossed my mind. Of Hulk being a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy in their sequel.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
Darkprime
Side-Kick

Phase 4? dude if a sequel happens it will be in phase 3.

Darkprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #16
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Not necessarily. Depends on how phase 3 shakes out, and how many films they opt to do per year.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #17
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent

I read somewhere that apparently GOTG is just gonna be a one and done film, I also read that apparently only Chris Pratt is signed for multiple films,

Makes sense in a way, maybe GOTG is just a way to introduce another infinity gem for the inevitable infinity gauntlet based movie (Avengers3) headed our way, that could also be the next appearance of Chris Pratt's Starlord.

Sexy Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #18
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Mark Ruffalo Reveals Marvel's Plans To Perhaps Make A Hulk Movie!

Quote:
Jeremy here...

Is Marvel Studios finally ready to give Hulk a third shot at a standalone movie?

According to Mark Ruffalo, who recently spoke to Digital Spy, they at least aren't dead set against it. Here's what the co-star of Kenneth Lonergan's wonderful YOU CAN COUNT ON ME had to say on the subject:
Quote:
I think they are, for the first time, entertaining the idea of it. When we did THE AVENGERS it was basically 'No!', and now there is some consideration for it. But there's still nothing definitive, not even a skeletal version of what it would be. I look forward to going down that road, if we could crack that nut.
I'm hearing that this Hulk movie - which is definitely happening - will fall between THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON and THE AVENGERS 3, and that it will definitely be set elsewhere in the galaxy. Does this mean they're doing PLANET HULK? If they do, I'm pretty certain it'll be a significant reworking of that story, akin to how Marvel used Ed Brubaker's writing as a template for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER. This next bit is pure speculation, but I wonder if they might find a place for Hulk in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2, especially if the first GOTG film underperforms (which I think is highly unlikely, but you never know).

Old 06-18-2014, 01:57 AM   #19
smashmode
House Stark

The way they are pushing the GOTG merchandise, I don't think this is a one shot.

smashmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:25 AM   #20
fixxxer
Side-Kick

I think it's likely that GOTG 2 rounds out Phase 3, and will directly lead into Avengers 3. I posted the following in another thread discussing the various Infinity Stones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking the Soul Stone will involve Adam Warlock and GOTG 2. We heard some time back that GOTG 2 was being prepped as one of Phase 3 movies (2017 would make the most sense, leading into Avengers 3), and this line of thought could lend some credence to that rumor.

Parts of the Infinity Gauntlet comic itself could serve as inspiration for GOTG 2. Maybe Adam Warlock is in the cocoon we saw in Collectors's museum "physically" and has the Soul Stone embedded on his forehead, but "mentally" he's living peacefully inside the Soul Stone. At this point, he has severed ties to the outside world, (or more accurately, universe) has no allegiance to the concept of "good" or "evil" and simply wants to be left alone. Of course, after Thanos takes the Soul Gem in GOTG2, he could align himself with the Guardians and Avengers as they go against Thanos and his insane machinations.

Again, mining the comic, this would make Warlock a major player in A3 since his time inside the Soul Stone puts him alone outside of Thanos' (almost) omniscience.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #21
MbJ
Side-Kick

I'd like to see Mantis, Phyla-Vell, Cosmo, and Moondragon introduced in a sequel. Especially since Moondragon is Drax's daughter.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:44 AM   #22
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians 2!

AICN @ SDCC '14:
James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #23
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post
BadAssDigest:

BadAssDigest:
Marvel Adds A THIRD Unknown Movie To 2018
The studio looks to be moving to three releases a year.

Bleeding Cool:
More Potential Guardians Of The Galaxy Sequel Tidbits From James Gunn

Old 07-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #24
Donut
Side-Kick

July 28, 2017 is GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote