The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
Morbius
Living Vampire
 
Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,268
Default Spiderman - The Other - question

Hey guys, i've just finished reading The Other - not too thrilled with how it explained Spidey's new powers.

I have a quick question though - these extra powers that Spiderman gained, wristclaw etc, how did they get taken out of the comics? Does he still have these powers or have they been removed?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
Right now, I'd trade the whole Spider-Man bit for a rocking chair and a subscription to Reader's Digest
Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,313
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

I think that they are still there... Kaine obviously has them currently, but they are somhow dormant (ie, forgotten by Marvel o account of how rotten a story The Other actually was)..

The specualation on the disappearance of the organic webbing is that Peter used up his upply in the first part of OMD when he encountered Tony... not sure aout the other stuff..

__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 15,662
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

OMD/OMIT wiped out some of that stuff I think. It's never been fully explained and probably never will be but I look at it like this:

The minute Mephisto turned into that bird and freed that chubby robber that caused Peter to miss the wedding, I think it set into motion a chain of events that had a domino effect down the line. Peter may not have any of that stuff due to that "One Moment In Time" unless some writer down the line decides to re-incorporate it.

Honestly, I hope they never so because Spider-Man and mystical junk like totems, stingers, web cocoons, ect are just bad news.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU THINK THIS IS EASY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,215
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
OMD/OMIT wiped out some of that stuff I think. It's never been fully explained and probably never will be but I look at it like this:

The minute Mephisto turned into that bird and freed that chubby robber that caused Peter to miss the wedding, I think it set into motion a chain of events that had a domino effect down the line. Peter may not have any of that stuff due to that "One Moment In Time" unless some writer down the line decides to re-incorporate it.

Honestly, I hope they never so because Spider-Man and mystical junk like totems, stingers, web cocoons, ect are just bad news.
and so is Ezekiel and Morlun... no more of those two EVER again...

__________________
Getting older doesn't mean that it makes you that much smarter...
it just means that it gives you more time to become an even bigger **** than you already are.
(insert appropriate profanity of choice)


THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Morbius
Living Vampire
 
Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,268
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

Woah - that sounds so incredibly messy. I've missed quite a bit of the recent arcs, and i'd skipped ahead to Superior Spiderman. At least right now, it's pretty consistent.

Thanks guys - that is cray-z

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
Right now, I'd trade the whole Spider-Man bit for a rocking chair and a subscription to Reader's Digest
Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 15,662
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

Spider-Man has been consistently good since Big Time started....pretty much since Dan Slott became the sole writer and Quesada finally left the book alone.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Will Nolte
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 539
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

You guys are forgetting that Slott used elements of The Other in Spider-Island and I'm not just talking about Kaine's powers. Peter explained at one point, I believe it was to MJ, about the organic webbing and how she needed to drink more water or something to keep the supply up.

Personally I think the powers are still there but Peter chooses not to use them because of that bad stuff that came with them.

Will Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
Morbius
Living Vampire
 
Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,268
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Nolte View Post
You guys are forgetting that Slott used elements of The Other in Spider-Island and I'm not just talking about Kaine's powers.
I've just started on Spider-Island, so i'm looking forward to it! Those events take place before Brand New Day, right?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
Right now, I'd trade the whole Spider-Man bit for a rocking chair and a subscription to Reader's Digest
Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #9
Will Nolte
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 539
Default Re: Spiderman - The Other - question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!



I've just started on Spider-Island, so i'm looking forward to it! Those events take place before Brand New Day, right?
After. Spider-Island was just before Big Time started.

Will Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.