The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Kazuki
Banned User

Default Lol...if i didnīt know the critics and GAīs score for this movie...

If i hadnīt seen the score on RT, IMDB, MetaCritic, etc, and only read forum and blog comments, and then had to guess, i would think this movie had something like 5/10 on IMDB and 50% on RT.

Reading comments, it really seems this movie is extremely hated, wich of course doesnīt reflect the reality, because around 90% of the people actually loved this movie. Isnīt this weird?

Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Default Re: Lol...if i didnīt know the critics and GAīs score for this movie...

It is weird. I feel like it gets hated a lot. Even outside of the internet. I was out with a couple friends and some of their friends brought up Bane and someone said "that movie sucked." And I'm like "...I liked it." and they were all "no it sucked." "More I watched it the more I hated it" "Bane was stupid."
I'm just all

I go to Youtube and watch a clip of it and they are all hating on it too. "Yeah Chris Nolan ****ed up Selina in this movie." "So disappointing after Dark Knight."

And I see a lot of hate here too.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I love when people say "More I watched it more I hated it"...usually code for "The more plot holes I read about on the internet, the more I felt I had to change my opinion."

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
shauner111
Side-Kick

If I didn't come on here...oh boyyyyy.

I have yet to hear a bad thing about the movie. Everyone thinks it's amazing. Then I come on various messageboards where there's nothing but Batman or superhero geeks...and it's nothing but hate. It's to be expected when it's "superherohype" etc. Most of these folks are die-hard comic book readers and feel like the fans of the character need to be rewarded more than the general audience. It's not why these movies are made.

These are people who probably have the goofiest taste in movies and don't appreciate acting, cinematography, emotion. Not all, obviously, you can dislike it and still appreciate those things. But I predict the majority are like that. Ive even heard the haters rant about Michael Caine's acting in this....REALLY?? hahaha allllriiighty then.

I bet if I took a poll with all the haters of TDKR about their top 20 films of all time, we'd probably see nothing but comic book or popcorn movies, comedies, dumb action flicks. I dig those too, but I would bet ANYTHING that would be the case for most of em'.

Most of the complaints have been about plot holes (ive seen more plotholes in classic films honestly) or it being too long and boring (A.D.D much?) or they don't like the "Robin" decisions or "the ending" (obviously because theyre too stuck up on the comics).

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Schrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I love when people say "More I watched it more I hated it"...usually code for "The more plot holes I read about on the internet, the more I felt I had to change my opinion."
Than how come I haven't changed my opinion of BB or TDK after also reading about plot holes of those films? Cause according to some Rises fans there are the same plot holes present, some suggest even more or worse.

Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute View Post
Than how come I haven't changed my opinion of BB or TDK after also reading about plot holes of those films? Cause according to some Rises fans there are the same plot holes present, some suggest even more or worse.
Because at this point, it's been years and our opinions are solidly formed about those films. We're more inclined to stick with our original gut feeling.

Whereas in the case of TDKR, the cement was still very wet and you had articles galore listing all these plot holes and such the very next day.

A lot of people felt that way on their first viewing, and that's fine. But I know for a fact that some people changed their opinion after reading about them...some of my own friends fit this category. And I give them crap for it, haha.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
DACrowe
Side-Kick

It is a surreal disconnect. Critics loved it, the general audience liked it...but the fans? It feels like the majority hated it. My guess is if it ended with a cliffhanger for adventures ahead, it would be loved.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Give it two years after we get a reboot. I promise that most of the fan base will hate those two movies too. You can count on it.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
It is a surreal disconnect. Critics loved it, the general audience liked it...but the fans? It feels like the majority hated it. My guess is if it ended with a cliffhanger for adventures ahead, it would be loved.
If Blake's name was revealed to be Dick Grayson and it ended with Bruce as Batman looking over the city, everyone would have loved it. This is why I get criticized when I call people purists on here. But the truth hurts.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
Schrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
If Blake's name was revealed to be Dick Grayson and it ended with Bruce as Batman looking over the city, everyone would have loved it. This is why I get criticized when I call people purists on here. But the truth hurts.
I, and I bet others, would have still thought it was kind of a dumb movie and the worst of the 3.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Schrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because at this point, it's been years and our opinions are solidly formed about those films. We're more inclined to stick with our original gut feeling.

Whereas in the case of TDKR, the cement was still very wet and you had articles galore listing all these plot holes and such the very next day.

A lot of people felt that way on their first viewing, and that's fine. But I know for a fact that some people changed their opinion after reading about them...some of my own friends fit this category. And I give them crap for it, haha.
I doubt many people who liked rises decided they actually didn't after reading an article on the internet. That probably only affected those who were on the fence, or only thought it was average from the get go.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
Kazuki
Banned User

Quote:
I, and I bet others, would have still thought it was kind of a dumb movie and the worst of the 3.
Why is it a dumb movie? And what kind of movies you donīt consider dumb? Just curious...

Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I only don't like the things that aren't good.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
Schrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki View Post
Why is it a dumb movie? And what kind of movies you donīt consider dumb? Just curious...
No offense but I'd rather not get into it. I believe it has been well documented on this site what people loved/hated about the film so it would just start another back and forth.

In regards to films I think are dumb, I'll just say I have liked every other Nolan film. So I am not an anti-Nolan fan.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
Kazuki
Banned User

Quote:
No offense but I'd rather not get into it. I believe it has been well documented on this site what people loved/hated about the film so it would just start another back and forth.

In regards to films I think are dumb, I'll just say I have liked every other Nolan film. So I am not an anti-Nolan fan.
So, your opinions are just the same of any other person who dislikes the movie? You donīt have any original opinion about the movie? I was curious about it. You say you donīt wanna get into this, but you already did, calling this movie dumb. If you donīt wanna finish something, why start it?

Aside from Nolan movies, what movies you donīt consider dumb? Super hero movies. Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-man, etc. Those are movies you consider clever? Iīm really just curious.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #16
Schrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
So, your opinions are just the same of any other person who dislikes the movie? You donīt have any original opinion about the movie? I was curious about it. You say you donīt wanna get into this, but you already did, calling this movie dumb. If you donīt wanna finish something, why start it?

Aside from Nolan movies, what movies you donīt consider dumb? Super hero movies. Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-man, etc. Those are movies you consider clever? Iīm really just curious.
No I have my reasons for disliking the film and coincidentally others share the same reason, sort of like how people who love the film might not have an "original opinion" if they like it for the same reasons.

And i didnt really start anything, look at many of the threads on this board where people leave comments about not liking the movie or think it's dumb. I responded to someone who said I would like the film if they called Robin Dick instead.

It's obvious you want me to say what I don't like about the movie so you could dig into why I am wrong, where I in turn would do the same and we would go around and around.

And it's also obvious you want to try and discredit my opinion with this what-is-a-dumb-movie-and-what-isnt, or so I think.

Also, if anyone is trying to "start something" wouldn't it be you for starting this thread in the first place? Or am I wrong?

Last edited by Schrute; 08-08-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #17
Kazuki
Banned User

Quote:
It's obvious you want me to say what I don't like about the movie so you could dig into why I am wrong, where I in turn would do the same and we would go around and around.
But weīre already going around and around about nothing. Wouldnīt it be better to go around about something? Iīm interested in your opinion. Instead of wasting time saying you donīt wanna talk about it, you could just waste time talking about it.

Unless youīre just one more of those people who at this point still donīt know what a plot hole is, i will have nothing to discredit.

Last edited by Kazuki; 08-08-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
I doubt many people who liked rises decided they actually didn't after reading an article on the internet. That probably only affected those who were on the fence, or only thought it was average from the get go.
I never said most or many. Just that there are some that are, such as possibly the people the OP referenced in his post about how "the more I watched it, the worse it got", etc.

I mean, I have a friend who liked TDKR a lot when we walked out of the theater. Then he saw it a second time with his gf and told me he loved it even more. Months later, he links me to a "Everything Wrong with TDKR in 3 minutes" video and suddenly he changes his tune. Not outright bashing it, but lowering his opinion of the film significantly.

That's the kind of thing I don't respect much. Form your own opinion and don't disregard your initial gut reaction to something. Film is always going to have a huge subjective element to it.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
Schrute
Side-Kick

Because it gets bitter and repetitive. I don't like the movie, but I'm glad you do.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
Schrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never said most or many. Just that there are some that are, such as possibly the people the OP referenced in his post about how "the more I watched it, the worse it got", etc.

I mean, I have a friend who liked TDKR a lot when we walked out of the theater. Then he saw it a second time with his gf and told me he loved it even more. Months later, he links me to a "Everything Wrong with TDKR in 3 minutes" video and suddenly he changes his tune. Not outright bashing it, but lowering his opinion of the film significantly.

That's the kind of thing I don't respect much. Form your own opinion and don't disregard your initial gut reaction to something. Film is always going to have a huge subjective element to it.
Gotcha.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
Kazuki
Banned User

Quote:
Because it gets bitter and repetitive. I don't like the movie, but I'm glad you do.
You saying the movie is dumb isnīt repetitive?

I was only hoping you were able to justify your opinion. Itīs obvious youīre not too confident on it.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
Schrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
You saying the movie is dumb isnīt repetitive?

I was only hoping you were able to justify your opinion. Itīs obvious youīre not too confident on it.
You're right, I'm just saying this to sound cool on superherohype.com

Old 08-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #23
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

To me it was really good until the last 30 minutes or so.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
Kazuki
Banned User

Quote:
You're right, I'm just saying this to sound cool on superherohype.com
Well, iīm glad last year you had The Avengers to entertain you. Much easier to understand.

If you donīt, iīd just to give everyone a glimpse of how bad your understanding about the character is:

Quote:
A Batman who only cares about organized crime and allows other crime to happen in Gotham seems like the laziest Batman ever created
Youīre right. Batman shouldnīt care only about the big fish, who are actually responsible for most of the smaller fish existence. He should spend day and night catching all the criminals of a city with 10+ million people. Gotham shouldnīt even need a police. Batman takes care of everything. A kid painting a wall? Batman takes care of it.

How about SWAT Teams? Shouldnīt they be writing traffic tickets?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Eh,this happens all the time.It's the fanboy/internet culture we have.

I remember seeing Origins: Wolverine and thinking "Man,that was good.I really enjoyed it." So I run into a guy I know and I told him I liked the movie.And he was like "Yeah,it was alright." So, I kinda pressured him to tell me why he was pretty unenthusiastic about the film.He couldn't tell me.And I soon realised the "fanboy consensus" online was that the movie was a failure.

So I think the way a film is perceived online, colors the general opinion overall,eventually.People want to be one of the "cool kids",and not be seen beating the drum for what's considered a "bad movie".Me,I could give a crap what people think.I calls em as I sees em.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote