The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #751
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Thor 2 had the potential to an amazing epic movie, but as of now it seems its nothing more than 'good.' Though its apparently a crime around here to want something better than 'good'.
It's not a crime. But you sound utterly ridiculous already dismissing a film because of its run time. What's funny is you don't even think you sound ridiculous. You seem to think its like perfectly fine to just be like "well this film I haven't even SEEN yet will be meh, because of its run time"

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #752
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post

Oh quit playing the victim. Judging a movie, that you haven't seen, on it's run time is utterly stupid.
YES

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #753
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

Oh quit playing the victim. Judging a movie, that you haven't seen, on it's run time is utterly stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
It's not a crime. But you sound utterly ridiculous already dismissing a film because of its run time. What's funny is you don't even think you sound ridiculous. You seem to think its like perfectly fine to just be like "well this film I haven't even SEEN yet will be meh, because of its run time"
^^All This.

I tried reasoning with that poster, I just gave up lol xD

Old 10-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #754
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

There's no reasoning with so e people it seems. He's already made up his mind that the runtime means IG won't be good. So I guess he shouldn't bother even seeing the film.

Dats it!

Old 10-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #755
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's no reasoning with so e people it seems. He's already made up his mind that the runtime means IG won't be good. So I guess he shouldn't bother even seeing the film.
I wrote it in one of my previous posts that he has 2 options, either wait and see how everything plays out before jumping to any conclusions OR simply don't watch the MCU films. People saying a movie will meh or whatever because of the run time is just ridiculous.

James Gunn talks GOTG:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
In light of the interstellar superhero team being a lesser-known Marvel property, Gunn laughingly admits, “Oh, I had to do research because I'm very stupid. I don't have a very good memory. I had read, I think, most of the Guardians books,” says Gunn. “I was more up to speed on the [comics writers Dan] Abnett [and Andy] Lanning stuff. I had to go back and remind myself. I read a lot of the '90s stuff when it was out, but I had forgotten it by the time this came along.”

Despite the many times Guardians has been compared to the Star Wars movies, James Gunn admits he knew all along that he would bring something fresh and unique to Marvel. “At the risk of sounding pompous, because it's going to be filtered through me, it's going to be its own thing no matter what,” says the director. “But I think it was a chance to do something that really could make people feel like I felt when I was a young kid and saw these big spectacular space epics and give them something of that. And that was an exciting thing to be able to do.”

As the director hopes much of Guardians of the Galaxy's uniqueness will flow from its bizarrely assembled cast, Gunn says a key to that approach was casting Chris Pratt.
“I was not willing to settle for second best,” says James. “We auditioned many, many actors, and a lot of big actors who came in and tried to get the role of Peter Quill, and we tested over two dozen people. And none of them were right. It just didn't feel right in my gut, and I always follow my gut. And Chris came in. He was pretty heavy at the time, and he read. But within about 30 seconds of him reading, I looked back at the casting director and I was like, ‘What the--? This is the greatest thing ever!’ I mean, I knew he was it.”

James Gunn further proclaimed his strong desire to launch more cosmic stories in the Marvel Cinematic Universe within the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. “I want to lay down the rules, I want to start it – I would love to be able to see it grow into other things,” he says. “I love talking about all the other filmmakers, sitting around with the producer pitching ideas for other filmmakers to take on future Marvel projects. It's a great thing to be a part of. And I don't think it's for everybody, but the truth is for me being able to sort of create this movie is a dream come true and just been a great experience.”
Source: DcMravelFreshman

Last edited by TeeKay; 10-19-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #756
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

so any chances of a gotg trailer/teaser with thor2?

Old 10-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #757
Mr. Dent
Banned User

probably not

Old 10-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #758
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I know this is random, but does anyone know the most recent scuffle knife wielding Drax has had with a heavy hitter?

Post a few scans if you can and let me know what comic it was in so I can pick it up. I've been slacking o. my man Drax lately and I need a fix of some Draw action.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #759
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

Quote:
God you people like to assume a lot, I can see why others on this site complain about the threads with MCU movies in them now and stay out of them, because you people just attack any simple complaint against any MCU movie. They arent perfect no matter what you guys think, and I can them to get out of this lazy thinking that every movie needs the same tone, so they can make better movies.

And i'm not judging the movie solely on the run-time, I judging it on what I know of the plot as well which is quite a lot considering I have followed the movie from the start, back even before Patty Jenkins was director. Also, I am simply saying with the run-time it has I dont think the movie will be anything more than good, reactions I have seen so far tend to support that, but I will judge for myself when I go see the movie.

In the meantime, people like yourselves can go on thinking everything Marvel does is gold and making threads like these very unwelcome.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #760
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I know this is random, but does anyone know the most recent scuffle knife wielding Drax has had with a heavy hitter?

Post a few scans if you can and let me know what comic it was in so I can pick it up. I've been slacking o. my man Drax lately and I need a fix of some Draw action.
Well, last thing I read with Drax in was The Thanos Imperative, in which he died about halfway through, I believe he has made a return since but done nothing and he was only spotted alive. This is all I know anyway maybe some others know different. Read The Thanos Imperative if you havent already though as the GOTG play a big part in it, Drax included.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #761
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
God you people like to assume a lot
Quote:
people like yourselves can go on thinking everything Marvel does is gold

Quote:
I can see why others on this site complain about the threads with MCU movies in them now and stay out of them
Batman, Spider-Man, X-Boards are all the same around here, don't single out the MU forums for this plz.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #762
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Batman, Spider-Man, X-Boards are all the same around here, don't single out the MU forums for this plz.
Never had it in the X-Boards or Batman boards when airing a criticism personally, people have been constructive and just given counter arguments rather than getting personal with me. Dont really visit the Spidey-boards anymore, big Spiderman fan but not that excited about the new franchise so dont go there, its only the MCU boards where I have experience this level of abuse for simple airing some concerns and saying I want the Marvel movies to be better.

Like Thor 2, I have followed GOTG from the start as well, and was probably here before most of these personal abusers as well.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #763
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
teehee

Old 10-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #764
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
What do you mean "you people"?

What am I assuming? That you're judging a movie based on run time? That's not an assumption, you are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON
I am simply saying with the run-time it has I dont think the movie will be anything more than good
Direct quote from you. I haven't "attacked" anything else you've said.

You, on the other hand, are making a hell of a lot of assumptions about me:

Quote:
I can see why others on this site complain about the threads with MCU movies in them now and stay out of them, because you people just attack any simple complaint against any MCU movie. They arent perfect no matter what you guys think, and I can them to get out of this lazy thinking that every movie needs the same tone, so they can make better movies.

In the meantime, people like yourselves can go on thinking everything Marvel does is gold and making threads like these very unwelcome.
Please go find a quote from me where I say anything remotely like the above.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 10-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #765
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
God you people like to assume a lot, I can see why others on this site complain about the threads with MCU movies in them now and stay out of them, because you people just attack any simple complaint against any MCU movie. They arent perfect no matter what you guys think, and I can them to get out of this lazy thinking that every movie needs the same tone, so they can make better movies.
Who attacked you?You're the one who told us to "stop being sensitive and *****y can STFU and deal with it".Stop being over-dramatic and playing the victim here.

Quote:
And i'm not judging the movie solely on the run-time, I judging it on what I know of the plot as well which is quite a lot considering I have followed the movie from the start, back even before Patty Jenkins was director. Also, I am simply saying with the run-time it has I dont think the movie will be anything more than good, reactions I have seen so far tend to support that, but I will judge for myself when I go see the movie.
Then should stop jumping into conclusions and whining about the run-time. We've been all trying to tell you this, watch the movie first before jumping to any conclusions.

Quote:
Who thinks that? Honestly you'll be hard pressed to find too many people concerned about anything Marvel related after they pulled off the Avengers. Marvel is not perfect, IM2 is the only MCU movie I dislike, it could have been better but they rushed it and it was a set-up to the Avengers. So far I've been impressed with the MCU, just because we have a different opinion than yours, it doesn't mean you have to go around saying **** like this. Some of us have been enjoying what the MCU has put out so far (sans IM2), so please enough with the "Marvel does gold" crap.

Quote:
Never had it in the X-Boards or Batman boards when airing a criticism personally, people have been constructive and just given counter arguments rather than getting personal with me. Dont really visit the Spidey-boards anymore, big Spiderman fan but not that excited about the new franchise so dont go there, its only the MCU boards where I have experience this level of abuse for simple airing some concerns and saying I want the Marvel movies to be better.

Seriously what abuse? Go over to the bat Boards or heck, even the MOS boards and give your so-called "Constructive criticism" or whatever you wanna call it and we'll see if you make it out alive.

Quote:
Like Thor 2, I have followed GOTG from the start as well, and was probably here before most of these personal abusers as well.

Who's abusing you? Maybe we should call Dr.Phil and you can go talk to him about your "abuse" that you've been getting on these boards.

Last edited by TeeKay; 10-20-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #766
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Alright guys really this has lasted long enough. AVEIT has his opinion, I may not agree with it but whatever he can say what he wants to say. Lets move on.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #767
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Alright guys really this has lasted long enough. AVEIT has his opinion, I may not agree with it but whatever he can say what he wants to say. Lets move on.
He's saying we're attacking and abusing him

Old 10-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #768
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Sooooo... how about them Guardians?!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #769
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Sooooo... how about them Guardians?!
Right?

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #770
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
God you people like to assume a lot, I can see why others on this site complain about the threads with MCU movies in them now and stay out of them
You think we care? If they're sensitive tough for them. We would very much appreciate if you didn't post in this thread considering you've done nothing but derail it up to this point.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #771
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:

I suggest developing a thicker skin if you consider this abuse. C'mon guy.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #772
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

You know, I hear there's a Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #773
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Guys, stop pointing fingers and discuss the movie. The finger pointing and personal comments are only going to get worse as this go one, so stop it and move on. Everyone has a right to their opinion. They can say what they're thinking. Respect that and discuss GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! Not how people are treated on other areas of the site.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #774
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Well, last thing I read with Drax in was The Thanos Imperative, in which he died about halfway through, I believe he has made a return since but done nothing and he was only spotted alive. This is all I know anyway maybe some others know different. Read The Thanos Imperative if you havent already though as the GOTG play a big part in it, Drax included.
Thanks

Does anyone else know where I can the most recent Drax throw down?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #775
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
You think we care? If they're sensitive tough for them. We would very much appreciate if you didn't post in this thread considering you've done nothing but derail it up to this point.
I will post were ever the **** I like, pretty sure I was in this thread before you my friend, been here from the start and no one has ever claimed I have derailed anything in here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I suggest developing a thicker skin if you consider this abuse. C'mon guy.
I'm not losing any sleep over it so I wouldnt worry yourself WT, would just like to post my opinion and not be called stupid or anything else for it. You wont see me doing that to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Thanks

Does anyone else know where I can the most recent Drax throw down?
No probs, did a quick wiki check and it seems Thanos Imperative was his last significant appearance. He has big roles in Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, and a smaller role in the War Of Kings saga as well, though he wasnt really in that much. Suggest reading these, especially the 1st 2, if you havent already.

Closed Thread