The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #951
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I thought Gamora was going to look a bit more exotic. She looks just like a green Zoe Saldana.
Yeah, I wish they had done something with her eyes or something. Maybe the smallest a hint of fish eyes or something, I dunno.

Not full on Abe Sapien but just a smidgen, just a slightly more alien vibe. I hope her skin has some interesting texture and patterns going on at least or it really will be just a green Zoe Saldana.

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #952
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Wouldn't the GOTG object be the fourth Infinity Stone? The Tesseract, The mind controlling gem on the Thanos/Loki spear (Held at SHIELD, so this could show up on AOS), the Aether plus this one, which will undoubtedly be dubbed "The Galaxy". And, yes, I remember that MIB also also had a miniature galaxy as a Macguffin, but that was 16 years ago.

Tesseract - Space
Aether - Power
Spear gem - Mind
Galaxy - I'm thinking that this is the Time stone, given that the comic book Guardians take place across a variety of time lines.

Just Soul (this one fits Dr. Strange) and Reality (GOTG 2 or Avengers 3) to go!

Last edited by Zarex; 11-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #953
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Wouldn't the GOTG object be the fourth Infinity Stone? The Tesseract, The mind controlling gem on the Thanos/Loki spear (Held at SHIELD, so this could show up on AOS), the Aether plus this one, which will undoubtedly be dubbed "The Galaxy". And, yes, I remember that MIB also also had a miniature galaxy as a Macguffin, but that was 16 years ago.

Tesseract - Space
Aether - Power
Spear gem - Mind
Galaxy - I'm thinking that this is the Time stone, given that the comic book Guardians take place across a variety of time lines.

Just Soul (this one fits Dr. Strange) and Reality (GOTG 2 or Avengers 3) to go!
Thus making them the guardians of the galaxy? hahaha.

Loki's Scepter was powered by the Tesseract. They had the same energy signature as said on the move. they are one and the same

Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #954
Marathon
Side-Kick

They could alter Saldana's appearance somewhat in post-production, we'll see. I'd be also concerned about RR. From the comic con sneak peeks RR looked kind of impersonal, lifeless, and gaunt (and/or too tall?) to boot. Plus the fact that he's being voiced by a stunt cast Cooper (instead of someone more fitting) is adding to the trepidation.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #955
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon View Post
They could alter Saldana's appearance somewhat in post-production, we'll see. I'd be also concerned about RR. From the comic con sneak peeks RR looked kind of impersonal, lifeless, and gaunt (and/or too tall?) to boot. Plus the fact that he's being voiced by a stunt cast Cooper (instead of someone more fitting) is adding to the trepidation.
How do you know it's a stunt cast without even hearing him? You could say that about any remotely famous actor.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #956
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Everyone in the cast says RR is the star. I wouldn't worry about him being impersonal or lifeless.

Recent guest appearance on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss CA:TWS
Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #957
cherokeesam
Run Forever, Warrior RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Thus making them the guardians of the galaxy? hahaha.

Loki's Scepter was powered by the Tesseract. They had the same energy signature as said on the move. they are one and the same
Yep.
So the Asgardians have one Gem/Stone (Tesseract), and the other goes somewhere else in TDW. The one in GOTG *should* be Stone #3.

I remember the long arguments about whether or not Loki's spear was powered by an Infinity Gem, or the Tesseract, and lots of flamewars back and forth about that; until Feige officially said (and Fury did, too) that the Spear was powered by the Tesseract.

Turns out that the guys who were arguing that an Infinity Gem powered the Spear were *also* right all along.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #958
Crimson King
Throwing shade

I thought they argued it was the Mind Gem?

Recent guest appearance on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss CA:TWS
Old 11-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #959
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I thought they argued it was the Mind Gem?
there were a lot of arguments back then.

for those interested, I made a thread for the discussion about the gems in the marvel movies section, so that we don't have to spread this discussion to different threads in different sections

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 11-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #960
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
there were a lot of arguments back then.

for those interested, I made a thread for the discussion about the gems in the marvel movies section, so that we don't have to spread this discussion to different threads in different sections
Yeah...seeing as these gems are going to be in EVERY movie now! It's like a Marvel treasure hunt! they are the Horcruxes of the MCU

Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #961
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yep.
So the Asgardians have one Gem/Stone (Tesseract), and the other goes somewhere else in TDW. The one in GOTG *should* be Stone #3.

I remember the long arguments about whether or not Loki's spear was powered by an Infinity Gem, or the Tesseract, and lots of flamewars back and forth about that; until Feige officially said (and Fury did, too) that the Spear was powered by the Tesseract.

Turns out that the guys who were arguing that an Infinity Gem powered the Spear were *also* right all along.
Isn't it obvious from the movie that the tesseract powers the spear !? This was made clear in The Avengers no ?

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 11-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #962
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #963
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Isn't it obvious from the movie that the tesseract powers the spear !? This was made clear in The Avengers no ?
It was made clear in the Avengers that the tesseract and the spear gem were linked, so that Romanoff could break through the tesseract barrier using Loki's weapon. I don't recall it being stated in the film that one was fueling the other, and the two had completely different functions. But if Feige said Loki's staff was tesseract powered, I suppose I am going to have to believe him.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #964
Mr. Dent

I think the MacGuffin in Guardians is the Space Gem/Stone.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #965
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
It was made clear in the Avengers that the tesseract and the spear gem were linked, so that Romanoff could break through the tesseract barrier using Loki's weapon. I don't recall it being stated in the film that one was fueling the other, and the two had completely different functions. But if Feige said Loki's staff was tesseract powered, I suppose I am going to have to believe him.
I guess I just assumed it because I don't really see Thanos being OK with the Other giving a guy like Loki an infinity gem and have him take it to another dimension so easily.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #966
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think the MacGuffin in Guardians is the Space Gem/Stone.
As do I.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #967
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
According to James Gunn: "@russfischer I think that's fan art I saw a long time ago."

Old 11-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #968
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Haha.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #969
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
According to James Gunn: "@russfischer I think that's fan art I saw a long time ago."

Wow, that's some really good fan art then

Old 11-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #970
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

He must have meant concept art, it looks like it's by the same guy that does a lot of art for the film dpt, Ryan M-something

Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #971
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Apparently it is displayed in Brazil.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #972
ctsketch
Side-Kick

It looks like to be the same artist that did the line-up concept art

Old 11-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #973
ctsketch
Side-Kick

close up of the comic con prop

Old 11-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #974
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
As do I.
Speaking of the stones, whenever they get around to the soul stone then I think that's when Adam Warlock will be brought in. Hell, I think it would be cool if they made Warlock a living Infinity Stone or something.

Quote:
That sure is accurate to be fan art.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 11-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #975
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
I guess I just assumed it because I don't really see Thanos being OK with the Other giving a guy like Loki an infinity gem and have him take it to another dimension so easily.
I assumed Thanos had a "long con" in place before letting the gem go, one my feeble non Titanian brain could not possibly understand. But your explanation makes more sense.

Closed Thread