The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 09-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default If there was a Civil War Movie....

Out of the characters in the MCU so far, who do you think would be on which side? And why?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
MichaelChen
Side-Kick

Default Re: If there was a Civil War Movie....

They'd all be anti-reg. The only major guy who would have been Pro-Reg at any point was Captain America during the first third of the Avengers, when he was still being written as blindly trusting superiors. Once Stark sets him straight, there goes the only major Pro-Reg character, poof.

After the second Cap movie, you lose even the minor Pro-Reggers like Black Widow and Hawkeye.

MichaelChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
Dr. Evil
Gamora

It would be interesting to see who is on which side. It's not going to happen though due to the Guardians of the Galaxy.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
Blackman
C'mon Son

Yeah they'd all be against it.

But making a Civil War movie would be a mistake right now. Or least it wouldnt make any sense. MCU doesnt have any secret identities or at least not really so adapting the story would be weird.

I couldve seen them doing something like Tony Stark becomes the head of SHIELD and Cap is against recreating SHIELD in the first place. So they clash over that.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
TeeKay
Side-Kick

The seeds for a Civil War film are there but like Dr Evil said, it'd be interesting to see who's on which side.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I don't think they will make a Civil War film, and honestly I don't ever wanna see one. Just thought it'd make for an interesting discussion.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I think we can all safely say the MCU is building up to the Infinity Gauntlet Saga, or at least the cinematic version of it. Avengers 3 will deal with that. Avengers 2 is going to be dealing with Ultron.

That being said, I don't see the Civil War storyline occurring in A2 or A3. Besides, I don't want to see anything like ivil War until we can get a bigger cast, but we all know will be unhealthy to the movie. How could you possibly focus on each individual character in a ~3 hour movie? Especially when there could be so many complexities involved.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
Blackman
C'mon Son

People on here are missing the point of the hypothetical question..

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #9
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
...yep, you're absolutely right. My apologies.

Alright, I think it would go something like this:

Pro-reg: Stark, Widow, Hawk, Banner, Vision
Anti-reg: Cap, Thor, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch

I think Stark would still be part of Pro-reg, even though he disagrees with it. I feel like the Stark-Banner connection would draw Banner into Pro-reg as well. Widow and Hawk would stay allies, and I think would help Stark pre-TWS, but would help Cap post-TWS. Vision seems likely to stay with Stark.

Cap would be against it, Thor holds Cap in high regards and would join him, QS and SW I can see joining Cap. Again, Widow and Hawk would join depending on whether or not SHIELD was still around.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #10
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
No, they are just giving an answer you might not like. Said answer is 'the question is absurd because the premises just don't hold up.' Positing a vague hypothetical isn't going to suddenly cause a bunch of people to randomly decide to join up with a side they find abhorrent.

( also, nitpick, but "if there *were* a Civil War Movie" )

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #11
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, if registration was the issue like it was in the comics, every single one of the MCU heroes would come down squarely on the side of anti-Reg. Everything the MCU has been teaching them (and us) is that they can't trust governments anymore, so they have to trust each other. Hence, the Avengers.

If you're hypothesizing about a Civil War based on something *other* than government oversight of supers, then that's a different story. I could see AOU ending with the same iconic rift between Team Tony and Team Steve being based around ideological differences about which direction to take the Avengers, with Tony still insisting on technology and cash flow as their greatest assets, while Cap thinks that manpower and the human element are more important.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote