The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #276
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,367
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Did his miraculous return ever get explained? I remember in the only episode of The Shield series i'd seen, apparently some big secret was being kept from him.
They're slowly revealing what happened to Coulson. And by slow I mean painfully slow.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #277
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: Who dies?

Hey, so when it comes to who dies, I think it can be narrowed down a bit.

Iron Man is still going to be back for Avengers 3

Captain America is going to be back for Captain America 3

Thor is going to be back for Thor 3

Lou Ferrigno and Scarlet Johansson both want phase 3 films for Black Widow and Hulk so probably not them either.

Nick Fury already faked his death in Cap 2.

Scarlet Witch is far too important to the Avengers moving forward.

War Machine might die but killing the black guy to create tension is a cliche and fans react negatively to the trope. That and Feige discussed a potential War Machine film somewhere down the line.

My guesses are still Hawkeye, Vision and Quicksilver as they're the one's you can kill and not get fans angry.

Hawkeye will be getting some character development in AoU but he's still the Avenger with the least screen time so far. Killing him in the third act after audiences really start to like him pulls on the heart strings

Vision who we once knew as JARVIS has had plenty of screen time so far. The idea of him being a good version of Ultron who then sacrifices himself to defeat him would be a good way to kill him off. I mean, unless they want to have him and Scarlet Witch fall in love like in the comics so he may yet live.

Quicksilver is somebody who I see as more of an X-Man than Avenger. He's needed to introduce SW but she's spent much of her time on the team away from him and killing him off to get SW to defect from HYDRA works as a plot point.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:59 AM   #278
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!
 
gugumugats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,109
Default Re: Who dies?

I'm not sure if it has been discussed yet, but Newsarama has thought of a way of how Tony Stark can get "killed off" yet return for Avengers 3:

http://www.newsarama.com/18819-crazy...he-vision.html

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The article posits a reversal of the Jarvis/Tony Stark dynamic in which RDJ's disembodied voice is going to be advising the Vision

__________________
Peter Bishop: Her heart just stopped.
Dr. Walter Bishop: Do you have any cocaine?
Peter Bishop: Cocaine? No, I don't have any cocaine...
Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #279
venom892
Got Lucky
 
venom892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Miami,fl
Posts: 11,513
Default Re: Who dies?

The idea presented in that article is awful. I doubt Marvel would ever consider it.

__________________
Want to read the musings of a comic geek? Of course you do!Here!

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #280
Brutalitops
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 200
Default Re: Who dies?

Why does anyone need to die? Shocker.

Brutalitops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #281
bannerrays
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Bus
Posts: 14
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutalitops View Post
Why does anyone need to die? Shocker.
So true, I can see deaths happening in Avengers 3 but AoU will see everyone come out alive but maybe not all on Earth. I like the idea I've seen on various sites/forums that Planet Hulk does happen in Phase 3 but not because The Avengers send Hulk into space but because Ultron does and maybe something happens to Tony as well. Then they find their way back in time to deal with Thanos.

bannerrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #282
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,622
Default Re: Who dies?

Hawkeye!

(sorry, I just hate the character concept in general)

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:53 AM   #283
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Hawkeye!

(sorry, I just hate the character concept in general)
After the way he was treated in Avengers, that would be too obvious. And I doubt Renner would have signed on if he had known that!!

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:14 AM   #284
HUMANIMAL
...
 
HUMANIMAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,896
Default Re: Who dies?

is there a list of the picture deals from each of the cast? i mean who is not signed for avengers 3 or another solo movie?

__________________
LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!!

MY FANART AND MANIPS
HUMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:21 AM   #285
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: Who dies?

Cap - solo and A3
Thor - solo and A3
Iron Man - A3
Ruff Hulk - Probably a bunch of films
Black Widow - A3 for sure, but not sure what else...
Hawkeye - Renner seems to come and go with wanting to do these, but presumably a handful more

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:53 AM   #286
HUMANIMAL
...
 
HUMANIMAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,896
Default Re: Who dies?

ok thanks...so none of them is going to die yet...how bout cobie smulders? anymore picture deals...i assume cap 3..but is ist written in stone yet? sam l jackson will return aswell isnt he?

__________________
LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!!

MY FANART AND MANIPS
HUMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #287
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: Who dies?

Sam Jackson seems to love it, so I can see him coming back. Cobie, I dunno. She seems to be fairly ad hoc as to when and how she appears. Sure there must be a comprehensive list somewhere

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #288
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 198
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
After the way he was treated in Avengers, that would be too obvious. And I doubt Renner would have signed on if he had known that!!
Since we do not know Renner's contract details, I will assume he has a multi-picture deal like the others. Renner signed on for Avengers during an early script by Zak Penn. His character was different until Whedon came on aboard and revised Penn's script. There were some articles some weeks after Avengers' release that Renner was not pleased with how his character was portrayed and was nothing like what signed up for.

souNdwAve89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:13 AM   #289
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 View Post
Since we do not know Renner's contract details, I will assume he has a multi-picture deal like the others. Renner signed on for Avengers during an early script by Zak Penn. His character was different until Whedon came on aboard and revised Penn's script. There were some articles some weeks after Avengers' release that Renner was not pleased with how his character was portrayed and was nothing like what signed up for.
I would love to see what the original script entailed, I always felt like things were set-up a little differently to how they played out on-screen

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #290
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,367
Default Re: Who dies?

I'm guessing, given how Hawkeye was portrayed in his brief appearance in Thor, that his character was more like his comic book counterpart in Penn's script. I'm also presuming that he had a bigger role in the movie before the script was rewritten, and that he got some actual character development.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #291
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 486
Default Re: Who dies?

I'm puzzled by this. How is it that in a cinematic universe where people getting older exists, will our heroes stay young. It's going to be really stupid if these heroes can't die and never age. Just something to think about.

AlexanderLykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #292
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,367
Default Re: Who dies?

No really. Feige has already said that they'll take the James Bond approach and recast the actors. Also, you can just keep the timelines short enough that they don't age much.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #293
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 486
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No really. Feige has already said that they'll take the James Bond approach and recast the actors. Also, you can just keep the timelines short enough that they don't age much.
Timelines short? How so? Because in 2020 when we get Iron Man 4 and everything in the world has changed except Tony Stark. I'm going to think that's weird. Also, the MCU has been on a 6 year timeline for it's current events. So that short timeline idea goes right out the window. These events are supposed to be happening in almost real time.

AlexanderLykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #294
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,435
Default Re: Who dies?

Hulk maybe. The chances him getting another solo film grow smaller as time goes on. Might be a clue to his fate...

__________________
"The fox escaped and on my way back to the Dreadfort my favorite courser came up lame, so all in all it was a dismal day."
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:16 AM   #295
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Hulk maybe. The chances him getting another solo film grow smaller as time goes on. Might be a clue to his fate...
But you can't kill the Hulk, not conventionally anyway. A cosmic Hulk spin-off seems more likely, take him out of the game for a bit

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #296
fixxxer
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 979
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
I'm puzzled by this. How is it that in a cinematic universe where people getting older exists, will our heroes stay young. It's going to be really stupid if these heroes can't die and never age. Just something to think about.
Yea, I give this so much thought it isn't even funny. One of the things I hate, hate, hate about the comics is the sliding time scale.

"Hi, I'm Hank Pym. I'm 32."

"Huh? Weren't you a scientist way back in the 60's"

"Shhh. I'm Hank Pym. I'm 32."

It would be so damn disappointing if the MCU adopted a similar mechanism. That said, let's go over the current set of Avengers one by one. I believe each character needs to be handled uniquely based on the situation and the contract status of the actor that’s portraying them. Again, these are just my thoughts on how I would handle the issue if I were Feige.

Captain America
I believe Cap said that because of the SSS, his body wouldn't even allow him to get drunk. Getting old is basically your body slowly dying, and it wouldn’t be unreasonable for Cap to be aging at a much slower rate than a regular person. Evans has obviously hinted that he might not continue in the role after his contract expires after Avengers 3. So, instead of immediately recasting, I would have Bucky carry the Captain America mantle for a few films, and then bring back a new, young actor as Steve Rogers.

Hulk
This can be written in pretty easily. The Other Guy would probably frown upon Bruce Banner actually dying of old age. Ruffalo has quite a few movies left on his contract… so I think we’re good for another 15 years or so, when Ruffalo actually starts to look too old to play the part. After his contract plays out, I’m thinking they could re-cast Ruffalo with a late-30’s/early-40’s actor while saying something to the effect of, “the green ******* won't even let me age in peace.”

Thor
Pretty much immune to this. Both from the perspective of the character (doesn’t really age relative to us humans) and the actor (Hemsworth’s pretty young and can play the character for as long as he chooses). Recasting Hemsworth, who’s 30 right now, with another actor somewhere down the line shouldn’t be a problem at any time.

Black Widow
Johansson’s the youngest (pre-Age Of Ultron) Avenger, so shouldn’t be a problem with either route they choose. Namely, (a) continue with Scarlett after her contract’s up assuming they reach a contractual agreement, (b) re-cast or (c) retire the character.

Hawkeye
Considering the rate at which Hawkeye’s showing up in the MCU, I think Renner will be under contract for quite some time… assuming his is a 6 movie contract. He’s 43 now, and by the time he’s done he could really be showing his age. Barton could train a young Kate Bishop, who can take up the Hawkeye mantle down the line.

Iron Man
Now, this is the real issue, isn’t it? If RDJ is open to it, I’d have him continue as Tony Stark for as long as he wants. Tony Stark doesn't need to be a physically demanding character per se, and an older Stark lends a certain gravitas to the character. The 1.215 billion dollar question, of course, is: what if RDJ doesn’t want to continue playing Stark for now? Now, here’s where my idea would differ from the popular consensus of just recasting RDJ and moving forward with Iron Man 4.

I would have Stark retire after his harrowing encounter with Thanos, and continue the series with a new character as Iron Man. The Harley Keener character will be “all growed up” when it’s time for Iron Man 4 (post-Avengers 3), and we could have Stark groom this kid to replace him... for a while. This leaves the door open to RDJ returning as Tony Stark sometime way down the line. Could you even imagine the hype and fury that would surround a Dark Knight Returns-esque Iron Man story that would involve an older Tony Stark played by an older RDJ?

Not that I expect any of this stuff to happen; I'm just speculating away. In any case, here’s hoping they signed Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen to contracts that run 25 movies each.

fixxxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #297
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 486
Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Yea, I give this so much thought it isn't even funny. One of the things I hate, hate, hate about the comics is the sliding time scale.

"Hi, I'm Hank Pym. I'm 32."

"Huh? Weren't you a scientist way back in the 60's"

"Shhh. I'm Hank Pym. I'm 32."

It would be so damn disappointing if the MCU adopted a similar mechanism. That said, let's go over the current set of Avengers one by one. I believe each character needs to be handled uniquely based on the situation and the contract status of the actor that’s portraying them. Again, these are just my thoughts on how I would handle the issue if I were Feige.

Captain America
I believe Cap said that because of the SSS, his body wouldn't even allow him to get drunk. Getting old is basically your body slowly dying, and it wouldn’t be unreasonable for Cap to be aging at a much slower rate than a regular person. Evans has obviously hinted that he might not continue in the role after his contract expires after Avengers 3. So, instead of immediately recasting, I would have Bucky carry the Captain America mantle for a few films, and then bring back a new, young actor as Steve Rogers.

Hulk
This can be written in pretty easily. The Other Guy would probably frown upon Bruce Banner actually dying of old age. Ruffalo has quite a few movies left on his contract… so I think we’re good for another 15 years or so, when Ruffalo actually starts to look too old to play the part. After his contract plays out, I’m thinking they could re-cast Ruffalo with a late-30’s/early-40’s actor while saying something to the effect of, “the green ******* won't even let me age in peace.”

Thor
Pretty much immune to this. Both from the perspective of the character (doesn’t really age relative to us humans) and the actor (Hemsworth’s pretty young and can play the character for as long as he chooses). Recasting Hemsworth, who’s 30 right now, with another actor somewhere down the line shouldn’t be a problem at any time.

Black Widow
Johansson’s the youngest (pre-Age Of Ultron) Avenger, so shouldn’t be a problem with either route they choose. Namely, (a) continue with Scarlett after her contract’s up assuming they reach a contractual agreement, (b) re-cast or (c) retire the character.

Hawkeye
Considering the rate at which Hawkeye’s showing up in the MCU, I think Renner will be under contract for quite some time… assuming his is a 6 movie contract. He’s 43 now, and by the time he’s done he could really be showing his age. Barton could train a young Kate Bishop, who can take up the Hawkeye mantle down the line.

Iron Man
Now, this is the real issue, isn’t it? If RDJ is open to it, I’d have him continue as Tony Stark for as long as he wants. Tony Stark doesn't need to be a physically demanding character per se, and an older Stark lends a certain gravitas to the character. The 1.215 billion dollar question, of course, is: what if RDJ doesn’t want to continue playing Stark for now? Now, here’s where my idea would differ from the popular consensus of just recasting RDJ and moving forward with Iron Man 4.

I would have Stark retire after his harrowing encounter with Thanos, and continue the series with a new character as Iron Man. The Harley Keener character will be “all growed up” when it’s time for Iron Man 4 (post-Avengers 3), and we could have Stark groom this kid to replace him... for a while. This leaves the door open to RDJ returning as Tony Stark sometime way down the line. Could you even imagine the hype and fury that would surround a Dark Knight Returns-esque Iron Man story that would involve an older Tony Stark played by an older RDJ?

Not that I expect any of this stuff to happen; I'm just speculating away. In any case, here’s hoping they signed Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen to contracts that run 25 movies each.
You're not alone in this train of thought. I just don't understand how they can recast using a younger actor without rebooting.


Last edited by AlexanderLykins; 04-11-2014 at 09:31 PM.
AlexanderLykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #298
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,337
Default Re: Who dies?

I feel like we've had so many "death" scenes for most of our main characters, within previous films, that they've lost already lost part of the shock and emotional factor that would normally come with one of the regular characters being axed off.

I mean we've seen Thor "die" in his first film at the hands of the Destroyer, we've seen Steve Rogers "die" in the arctic from his first film as well, and we just got "death" scenes again for the likes of Coulson and Fury (in different films). And of course we saw Loki and Pepper "die" (ala have death scenes) in the first two Phase 2 films.

The only major character that seems to have died and actually stay dead is Frigga.

And the things that they all have in common is that all of these characters were brought back to "life".

I mean, at this point, I'm not really expecting anyone to stay dead until said otherwise.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #299
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,367
Default Re: Who dies?

Yeah but the difference is that no one expecting those "deaths" to stick.

-No one expected Thor to die in his origin movie without even getting his powers back.
-No one expected Iron Man to stay dead when IM 3 was coming up.
-No one expected Cap to stay dead in his origins movie without ever getting to the present-day/becoming an Avenger.
-No one expected them to kill off Loki in such an anticlimactic way in a largely inconsequential movie.
-No one expected Pepper to die.

In AOU, on the other hand, you have THE big Avengers villain. So killing someone off would make more sense. I'm not saying that I WANT anyone to die (I don't), but I can buy it more in THIS movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #300
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: Who dies?

Or you could just *not* kill anyone off, and stop going for cheap heat. It sucked in the comics, and it will suck in the movies.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.