The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 06-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #376
djsunyc
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF! View Post
well joss did say that the empire strikes back was one of his inspirations for age of ultron. maybe he'll have an avenger with their fate in the balance at the end of the film like han in empire strikes back as opposed to actually killing someone
i said it way back in page 1 - you send the hulk way out into space to considerably weaken the team. to the point where they look for replacements down the road in phase 3.

djsunyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #377
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I really can't see anybody dying at this point. But like a few pointed out....they could just go the Han Solo route and have an Avenger's fate a cliffhanger of sorts.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #378
JJ01
Side-Kick

I'm afraid there's only one valid answer. Pretty please, Whedon. And make it clear and show their corpses so that the audience knows they are never coming back.

JJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #379
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

If you killed Jane it would give something for Thor to do. Which is yet to be seen...

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #380
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Cap's not going to die. Not yet anyway; he's still gotta appear in Cap3 and find Bucky.

Unless this is Game of Thrones, which it isn't, in which case characters die without fulfilling their purpose.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #381
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

The only hero death I can see is Cap at the finale of Avengers 3 as he has a ready made replacement waiting. Same reason I could see FLash or GL being kiled in a JL film at some point. Anyone else and you have to use the overplayed return from the dead trump card in a future film and that's already been wasted on Coulson. This is one aspect of the comics we can do without on film.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #382
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

(ULTRON kills Jane)

Thor: Jaaaaaaaaaane! Nooooooo!...Cant be!

(then Darcy)

Thor:........Jaaaaaaaaaane!

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #383
The Hatchling
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
(ULTRON kills Jane)

Thor: Jaaaaaaaaaane! Nooooooo!...Cant be!

(then Darcy)

Thor:........Jaaaaaaaaaane!
Funny and sad but very true.....Not really, I don't like either and I found myself laughing quite hard at this.

Anyway, If I was to guess think cap is going to bite the dust on this one, which will make Bucky feel guilty and come back as new captain america. Controversial to say the least but I'm pretty sure on it.

The Hatchling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #384
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ01 View Post
http://splashpage.mtv.com//wp-conten...ster_darcy.jpg

I'm afraid there's only one valid answer. Pretty please, Whedon. And make it clear and show their corpses so that the audience knows they are never coming back.
Or at the very least, just Darcy. Heck, even untreatable laryngitis will do.

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #385
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

what have you got against ms. portman ?

Old 06-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #386
metaphysician
Side-Kick

*cough* Honestly, I think Darcy was a better character in Thor 2 than Jane was. That said, I find the eager calls for Jane to die disgusting.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #387
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
*cough* Honestly, I think Darcy was a better character in Thor 2 than Jane was. That said, I find the eager calls for Jane to die disgusting.
Agreed. I mentioned how lame it would be to fridge female supporting characters a while ago. Since then there have been a bunch of repetitive posts about offing Jane and Darcy, with absolutely no thought about what it would do to the story aside from injecting a dose of angst and "drama" into the movie.

By the way, mainstream audiences LIKE Jane and Darcy. Thor stands high above the other Marvel solo franchises in terms of appeal to women. And while Loki fangirls play a part in that, more than one woman I know in real life has mentioned how "romantic" the movies are.

Jane is a flawed person with strengths and weaknesses, who can serve as a POV character for female audiences. The right thing to do with her is to give her a bigger role in her next movie, and allow her to actually utilize her brilliant intellect and workaholic drive. Not kill her and thus "prove" that she was just pointless eye candy all along.

Darcy is comic relief, and she did a lot to uphold the lighter, more enjoyable tone that has been a trademark of most MCU movies so far. I saw Thor: The Dark World in the theaters twice, and Darcy basically stole the show both times. She drew the biggest laughs and reactions from the audiences. Killing her off isn't the solution either. That would just piss a lot of people off.

ClarkLuther55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #388
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

I don't think any of the main cast will die.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 PM   #389
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkLuther55 View Post
Darcy is comic relief, and she did a lot to uphold the lighter, more enjoyable tone that has been a trademark of most MCU movies so far. I saw Thor: The Dark World in the theaters twice, and Darcy basically stole the show both times. She drew the biggest laughs and reactions from the audiences. Killing her off isn't the solution either. That would just piss a lot of people off.
Yeah well, Jar Jar Binks got a lot of laughs from the audiences, too, doesn't mean I wouldn't be pleased to see him die.

Anyway, don't take it so seriously. Short of going back in time and preventing the creation Darcy, the best solution is, of course, to give the character more depth, instead of just having her hang around, spouting out obnoxious one-liners about facebook or whatever. But wishing for something horrible to happen the character is just more satisfying. Let me have have that.

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #390
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
I don't think any of the main cast will die.
Agreed. Not yet. Like some said, Cap is possible in Avengers 3. But, I see that depending upon if Evans resigns with Marvel or not. If he resigns after A3, I think Rogers lives to be in Cap 4. If not, Bucky may take over for a film or two before he is recast.

Despite RDJ likely being done after A3 (and I am guessing Hemms will be, also), I see both of them just being recast. Maybe Thor gets a Phase 4 hiatus, even. But, come Phase 4, if RDJ doesn't come back, we will have a new Stark. They won't sit on IM4 for 2 phases.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #391
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Honestly, I doubt anybody will die in Avengers 3, either. Or rather, I doubt anybody will die in a lasting manner. If it involves the Infinity Gauntlet, lots of people may die, before it gets undone at the end.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #392
Jasyn
Agent of F.U.B.A.R.

Not being critical of anyone here, I just find it really interesting that we have had 14 years and counting of Hugh Jackman as Marvel/Fox's WOLVERINE, but that a lot of folks are almost counting down the days for a Chris Evans or Robert Downey Jr. retirement in the MCU.

I hope both of those guys and the other current Avengers members (especially Hemsworth and Johannson) continue to enjoy making these films and stay with us for a long time. Looking forward to seeing Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner having their chance to really flesh out their famous characters in Avengers 2: AOU.

"...if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way." - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by Jasyn; 06-26-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Jasyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:47 AM   #393
TheVision

How do you make ULTRON a really effective supervillain without him actually killing The Avengers? Thats the question. We'll see...

Old 06-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #394
MauriSSio
Banned User

Quote:
How do you make ULTRON a really effective supervillain without him actually killing The Avengers? Thats the question. We'll see...
I agree. He might be the big bad villain with "typical villain" results if he doesn't kill any hero.

MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #395
Blackman
C'mon Son

I think Iron Man will be the one to die or be incapacitated in AoU. But he'll come back in Avengers 3

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #396
TheVision

Something pretty devastating is gonna happen in AOU, I just dont know what itll be.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #397
MbJ
Side-Kick

I think it could be Quicksilver.

Whedon isn't touching any of the Big 4. He's pretty much said as much, that Marvel won't let him kill anyone that has a movie franchise. He's a very big proponent of feminism and the notion that young girls need superheroes to look up to so I can't see him killing off Black Widow or Scarlet Witch. He could kill Hawkeye but the guy has had so little screentime and impact that I doubt anyone in the audience would care.

So I say Quicksilver. Build him up. Make sure to beat the audience over the head with how special he is to Scarlet Witch. Then kill him in the final battle, maybe while doing a heroic sacrifice against Ultron. Whedon likes pulling from the same bag of tricks in his various works so I could very easily see him killing Quicksilver to set up a scenario down the line for Wanda to go full on berserk in a future Avengers movie.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #398
TheVision

So hes gonna spend an entire film introducing a new hero and kill him off? I dont see that happening. But I guess anything is possible.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #399
MauriSSio
Banned User

Quote:
So hes gonna spend an entire film introducing a new hero and kill him off? I dont see that happening. But I guess anything is possible.
I think its entirely possible. The film is called age of Ultron, not age of quicksilver.we don't know if he spends the "entire film" introducing him either.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #400
MauriSSio
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I think Iron Man will be the one to die or be incapacitated in AoU. But he'll come back in Avengers 3
That's entirely possible but is there any possibility that Marvel will want to do an im4 before avengers 3? Or is that completely out the Window? I understand rdj is only signed till avengers 3 but im4 is a guaranteed billion dollar cash cow. I'm sure they want to figure out a way to get one done sooner than later.