Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 01-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #151
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
RDJ is only signed on for A2 and A3. I doubt there will be a 4th Iron Man, with downey at least. So give the character a break, as in like a decade break or so at least, so people aren't overexposed to him
This is already happening basically. We're getting Stark only in A2 and A3, and A2 will make it 2 years since we last saw him, and realistically, we're looking at no earlier than 2018 (and more likely 2019) for Avengers 3...which makes 3-4 years of no Stark. I think doing IM4 after that is fair.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #152
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Inc. View Post
Honestly I don't think any of the Heroes are going to die. The fan up-rage would go through the roof. I think Joss has enough respect for the source material than to just kill off an Avenger. But a made up character, or someone known for faking a death? Absolutely.

Everyone but Thor is expendable. That's EVERYONE. With Joss' love of murdering his casts, he should read Ultimatum for inspiration.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #153
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Why do you say everyone except Thor? That makes little sense to me.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #154
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I doubt any of the cast will die...it'd be pointless, imo. I'm interested in seeing the team built & expanded upon. I doubt Joss or anyone else is even thinking about killing any of these characters, be it hero or villain.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #155
onDgrind
Side-Kick

Quicksilver dies

onDgrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #156
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by onDgrind View Post
Quicksilver dies
They're going to introduce his character JUST to kill him off in the same film? Yeah, Marvel's way smarter than that.

Safe bet is that none of the heroes will die.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #157
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

whedon likes to kill someone that you like. maybe he kills fury

Old 01-24-2014, 05:13 AM   #158
onDgrind
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
They're going to introduce his character JUST to kill him off in the same film? Yeah, Marvel's way smarter than that.

Safe bet is that none of the heroes will die.
Could be the whole purpose of including Him and his sis, we have got enough Avengers already in the movie. So nothing so smart about that

onDgrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #159
Orphix
Side-Kick

Killing characters only works if they stay dead. The usual trope of comicbooks where very few characters stay dead forever (bad luck Uncle Ben) undermines the emotional impact.

Discounting very minor characters and 'extras' in the background only a small handful of villains have died (bad luck Stane, Vanko, Laufey and Maleiketh). Coulson has been the major death on the heroes side (but is now back) and the rest have been lower tier characters on AoS.

If they do kill someone off it should be emotionally spectacular and permanent.

Orphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #160
Lord
All Mighty

We have more heroes right now than villains, though Agents of SHIELD seems to be fixing that mistake (i'm shocked to say AoS is fixing anything)

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #161
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by onDgrind View Post
Could be the whole purpose of including Him and his sis, we have got enough Avengers already in the movie. So nothing so smart about that
Still, wouldn't really be sensible to introduce a new hero (especially one as an interesting as Quicksilver) just to kill him in the same film.

I'm still going with the notion that no one will die, but if that somehow happens, I'd suspect it would be an already established character, not someone just making it into his first film.

As for there being more villains than heroes, that's a "problem" I think will easily be rectified in due time. There are tons & tons of villains that can be brought into the film universe.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #162
STR1
Side-Kick

I am thinking Quicksilver too will die. No need for him really. He belongs in the X Men films even though I am sure Marvel/Disney will do that character more justice.

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #163
Aztec
Side-Kick

Some one is definitely biting it with a cast this large. I'm calling Black Widow. I think her arc will be greatly expanded in CA:TWS and heroically brought to a close in A:AoU.

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #164
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, Whedon the uber-feminist is going to kill off one of only TWO female superheroes in the MCU. Somehow, I rather doubt that.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #165
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
I am thinking Quicksilver too will die. No need for him really. He belongs in the X Men films even though I am sure Marvel/Disney will do that character more justice.
No, Quicksilver doesn't belong in the X-Men films over the Avengers. He has more ties to the Avengers than the X-Men, and more ties to the Inhumans than the Avengers.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #166
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Oof, I don't think one of the actual Avengers would die. Maybe someone important, sort of like how Coulson was in Avengers 1. Something that everyone feels an impact from.

But as far as Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Widow, Hawk, Hulk, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and possibly Vision goes, the biggest contender would have to be.... Stark.

Stark is one of the most loved characters, and as far as I am aware RDJ doesn't really express much interested in continuing the role... right? I'm not sure.

Anyway, in an interview with Chris Evans (Cap) he referenced he was glad to be a part of all this and he would love to do Avengers 2, Cap3, and Avengers 3. Besides....

(Possibly) Major CA:TWS spoilers, just rumors:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Winter Soldier storyline is two parts; this is one reason the Russo Brothers have been re-hired to direct Cap 3. Seeing as Cap 3 comes AFTER Avengers 2, I highly doubt Cap will die in Avengers 2.

TJByrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #167
Loki882
Side-Kick

I agree that if they really wanted to shake things up, then killing off Stark would be the way to go. RDJ is the oldest Avenger, he's been in the most movies, and he's in many ways to face of the MCU. The only thing about that is that RDJ has also signed on for Avengers 3 as well, and I don't know if Marvel would be willing to kill off their most recognizable hero BEFORE the big finale (with Thanos most likely). I still think that Nick Fury might die, that would also make sense.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #168
divan
Side-Kick

Maybe Tony Stark dies and can still appear in The Avengers 3 - Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet messes up reality, letting fallen heroes (and villains) participate in the final showdown.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #169
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Unfortunately its going to be either Iron Patriot, Falcon or Fury. I'm hoping it Fury and it's just a LMD.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #170
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMinesMarvel View Post
Unfortunately its going to be either Iron Patriot, Falcon or Fury. I'm hoping it Fury and it's just a LMD.
What leads you to think Rhodey or Falcon?

I'll go ahead, bite the bullet and point out that all three of those characters you mention are the only central black characters in the movies. I hope that's not why you singled those three out.

I think Rhodey and Falcon are much less likely to die than others, like Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Pepper and even Stark.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #171
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I basically can't see them killing off any of the big four, killing off Hawkeye after he did nothing in the first film would seem like a copout, you can't kill the two characters you just introduced in the twins, Vision obviously won't die, I don't see the point in killing Rhodes when he isn't even an established member of the team....so the only one left is Black Widow. The only character I can see them killing off and it being honestly impactful is Black Widow....and even then I have a hard time believing they will kill off one of their only female heroes...and the one played by Scarlett Johansson no less.

Eh, I guess they'll use Hawkeye as the scapegoat if one really has to die. It will get the job done but it will be a copout...and even then I don't expect him to stay dead honestly. I would just prefer they not waste time killing any of them off.

I think Tony will die in A3.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #172
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMinesMarvel View Post
There's no way they'll kill off Falcon after one movie. Coulson had two movies before he "died", two of which he had decent sized roles.

I still think Marvel/Whedon won't kill off any characters & instead raise the stakes by having Ultron cause destruction on a massive scale. Why do something that everyone expects you to? Especially when there was a death that led into the heroes joining for the final battle in the first movie?

Old 02-10-2014, 02:40 AM   #173
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

I can see either Captain America or Vision sacrificing them selves.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #174
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
What leads you to think Rhodey or Falcon?

I'll go ahead, bite the bullet and point out that all three of those characters you mention are the only central black characters in the movies. I hope that's not why you singled those three out.

I think Rhodey and Falcon are much less likely to die than others, like Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Pepper and even Stark.
It is what it is man... It sucks but thats what im expecting.

If they do what I want then they'll "kill off tony" that way its easier to explain his absence from A2 till A3 for the final battle.

Last edited by MakeMinesMarvel; 02-10-2014 at 11:01 AM.
MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #175
HUMANIMAL

who is confirmed to reprise their role in AOU?

MY FANART AND MANIPS
HUMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote