The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 12-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
Tg11
Side-Kick

Default Which heroes do you feel should show up in Captain America: Civil War?

If anything which heroes do you feel should show up in Captain America: Civil War and which side do you think the heroes you would choose would side with? Either Tony Stark (Pro-Registration)? Or Steve Rogers (Anti-Registration)?

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Which heroes do you feel should show up in Captain America: Civil War?

There's no way we can know the sides will have to do with registration. Being that there's really only like 2 secret identities across the entire MCU so far, I doubt it'll be too similar to the comics in that regard.

That being said I'm going to go for a shot in the dark and say...

Team Stark:
Iron Man
War Machine
Ant Man
Hulk
Maria Hill
Black Widow

Team Cap:
Captain America
Falcon
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Black Panther

Thor stays neutral.

I can't be certain what they are fighting about, but if there's "sides" I could see those being the lineups. My guess is that they will make both sides into reasonable points of view so we don't hate either team. But so we can still have the intrigue of hero v. hero that we saw in the comics.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 12-22-2014 at 12:21 AM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Which heroes do you feel should show up in Captain America: Civil War?

Judging by the wood cutting scene in Age of Ultron, my guess is that the Civil War is based not on registration or control, but rather trying to stop the fight entirely. Escalation seems to cause heroes to basically create villains and cause even more collateral damage than before Stark became Iron Man in 2008. Stark has been looking for a way to retire since IM3, Cap seems willing to keep fighting the good fight until he dies. He's just happy to know who he is fighting.

So Stark is essentially anti-superheroes and cap is pro-vigilantism.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
Silvermoth
Avenger

We have a whole forum for captain America: civil war

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
Tg11
Side-Kick

Spider-Man should definitely make an appearance in Civil War but also Doctor Strange too

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
Drizzle
Big Walking Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
There's no way we can know the sides will have to do with registration. Being that there's really only like 2 secret identities across the entire MCU so far, I doubt it'll be too similar to the comics in that regard.

That being said I'm going to go for a shot in the dark and say...

Team Stark:
Iron Man
War Machine
Ant Man
Hulk
Maria Hill
Black Widow

Team Cap:
Captain America
Falcon
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Black Panther

Thor stays neutral.

I can't be certain what they are fighting about, but if there's "sides" I could see those being the lineups. My guess is that they will make both sides into reasonable points of view so we don't hate either team. But so we can still have the intrigue of hero v. hero that we saw in the comics.
Just curious, what makes you think Natasha would be on Stark's side over Cap's after the events of CA:TWS? Granted, we don't know what happens in AOU yet but the fact that Tony is responsible for creating Ultron doesn't exactly put favor in his corner.

Anyway, I'll be content if besides Captain America, Iron Man, and Black Panther we also see:

Falcon
Agent 13
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
and of course Bucky, this time maybe joining the good guys.

I don't care which side they're on, I just want to see them. They need more exposure in the MCU. Falcon and probably Agent 13 are all but guaranteed, otherwise why introduce them at all in TWS?

Old 12-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #7
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

I want to see Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman!

NIGHTCRAWLER WILL RETURN IN X-MEN RI5E
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:01 AM   #8
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I want to see Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman!
I agree!

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #9
NicoSuave
The Cosmic Nightfury

Which ever side S.H.I.E.L.D. is on, I wouldn't mind seeing Skye... excuse me... Daisy Johnson, a.k.a. Quake fighting on that side, in that movie.

NicoSuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:40 AM   #10
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Just curious, what makes you think Natasha would be on Stark's side over Cap's after the events of CA:TWS? Granted, we don't know what happens in AOU yet but the fact that Tony is responsible for creating Ultron doesn't exactly put favor in his corner.

Sure, but Natasha already gave up her mask in favor of living a life of heroism. It's just a thought I had.

I also think I'm on to something regarding what the conflict could be regarding.

Stark and Hill are interested in starting a new peace-keeping organization, this time centered around proactive extraterrestrial security, SWORD.

"That Up There... That's The Endgame."

Captain America, being the shield wielding nationalist he is, would rather secure our own borders before enacting a cosmic war. And having already defeated one corrupt organization (SHIELD) he probably wouldnt be too keen on starting another.

"Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time."

Both are reasonable points of view and neither has to do with government control (which we've already seen that the majority of the Avengers despise: Hulk, Stark, Cap, etc.). And in the end Steve can be assassinated leading to the establishment of SWORD and the then very relevant and inevitable introduction of Captain Marvel and a very decent segway into Infinity War.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 12-24-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:58 AM   #11
def28
Side-Kick

Not sure about sides but Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Maria Hill, Wasp, Antman, Falcon, Skye (Quake), Quicksilver, Agent Coulson, Spider-Man, Banner and War Machine make the most sense to me. Possibly Mockingbird.

The cast here will be so big that I'm worried about introducing new characters. Since we know one is Black Panther, then I think he's the only new hero should be introduced. With Captain Marvel it's a matter of if they introduce her in AOU, otherwise it will be too crowded for Carol imo. She needs time. Too important.

Last edited by def28; 12-24-2014 at 05:24 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Not sure about sides but Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Maria Hill, Wasp, Antman, Falcon, Skye (Quake), Quicksilver, Agent Coulson, Spider-Man, Banner and War Machine make the most sense to me. Possibly Mockingbird.

The cast here will be so big that I'm worried about introducing new characters. Since we know one is Black Panther, then I think he's the only new hero should be introduced. With Captain Marvel it's a matter of if they introduce her in AOU, otherwise it will be too crowded for Carol imo. She needs time. Too important.
Black Widow will be in there, its said she will be captured and imprisoned for helping other captured heroes escape.

Will be interesting to see how many get divided up into even teams.

Wonder if the emotionless robot Vision would play a key role.

100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Bucky and Falcon for sure. And maybe Vision.

Unbroken- 8/10, Night at the Museum 3- 7/10, Taken 3- 6/10, Jupiter Ascending- 4/10, McFarland USA- 8/10, Cinderella- 8.5/10, Home- 6/10, Furious 7- 7.5/10, Monkey Kingdom- 8/10, Avengers: Age of Ultron- 9/10, Mad Max: Fury Road- 8.5/10, Tomorrowland- 8/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #14
Stormz96
WE did it.

Assuming she's marvel film property: spider woman would be a good fit, as she's a more grounded hero.

She could have recently been rescued from hydra and cap can recruit her

~*SHH SIX*~
That's So Kraven

Spidey Ratings: SM1- 8.5/10 SM2- 10/10 SM3- 5/10
TASM- 8/10 TASM2- 6.5/10
Stormz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #15
chamber-music
Forever Hooligan

Captain America
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Sharon carter
Hawkeye
War Machine
Iron Man
Black Panther
Hank Pym
Ant-Man & Wasp
Vision
Hulk
Black Widow

Old 01-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #16
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

why tf is this not in the CA:CW section?

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #17
MbJ
Side-Kick

I don't think it's going to be as crazy as some people are hoping. We're not going to get a bunch of new heroes but I would like to see Ant-Man and Doctor Strange.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #18
CaptainWagner
Strong Arm of the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I don't think it's going to be as crazy as some people are hoping. We're not going to get a bunch of new heroes but I would like to see Ant-Man and Doctor Strange.
I think we could. If Tony sets up the Initiative, we could see a lot of new heroes and villains.

As for the sides, I don't get why people keep assuming the Maximoffs will be on Cap's side. They could very well stick with Tony.

Last edited by CaptainWagner; 01-06-2015 at 12:52 PM.
CaptainWagner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:20 PM   #19

Scarlet will be back as Black Widow for this movie which is cool.

I think some good teams would be:

Captain America (leader)
Black Widow
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Doctor Strange

Ironman (leader)
Vision
War Machine
Ant Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

Spiderman if added, is the wildcard of course.
I could see him siding with Captain America.

100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #20
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I think it's plenty "crowded" already, but we'll see if there's anyone else. It's kind of crowded for all-new heroes. Maybe some villains. The serpent society, for one. I don't know which ones, though, since outright super-powered folks are few and far between in the MCU so far.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote