The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #101
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Incredible Hulk 2

My opinion: The Indestructible Hulk. No question.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #102
Lord
All Mighty

I do remember the last rumor being that this would take from the Marvel Now relaunched title where SHIELD gives Bruce all the resources he wants to make progress in the world with the agreement that he will let them use the hulk

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #103
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Yeah we don't need banner on the run or banner searching for a cure, if we got anything from avengers its that banner accepted the fact that hulk isn't going anywhere and he might as well use his genius for betterment the world. Same premise used in indestructible hulk.

If shield was used in the sequel and apparently since hulk works best in an ensemble this would be a good place to introduce clay quartermain who would oversee banner and ross in the hunt for some mysterious gamma mutates (mind controlled by leader), that have been stealing very specific equipment used to build a gamma bomb to create a gamma world (as I mentioned earlier.), these organized and methodical monsters would also break free Abomination from the vault or the raft (introduction of super prison to the MCU) which starts up a race against time to save the world from the Leader and his cohorts.
Other supporting characters I'd throw in would be hawkeye and amadeus cho.

My take on the story takes a little inspiration from peter Davids classic run and todays indestructible hulk series.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #104
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

I really dig the idea of Banner and Ross working together. It'd be ironic and a nice change of pace to see Bruce hunting the monster instead, in a reluctant but necessary partnership with the general.

Not sure (and by that I mean not very familiar with) about Clay Quartermain, but I'd like to see an echo of Indestructible Hulk by having Maria Hill supervise the operation to some extent. We don't know what state of affairs SHIELD will be in after Winter Soldier, but I can imagine things will be sort of sketchy. This would allow SHIELD's participation to be rather hands off, which allows Bruce and Ross to butt heads on how to handle an issue, since they're being guided (and likely funded/authorized) by SHIELD, but not quite ordered to do anything a certain way.

I'd want this to be a story of Banner's intuition and personal responsibility mixed with Ross's tenacity and resources to defeat a common foe.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #105
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
I really dig the idea of Banner and Ross working together. It'd be ironic and a nice change of pace to see Bruce hunting the monster instead, in a reluctant but necessary partnership with the general.

Not sure (and by that I mean not very familiar with) about Clay Quartermain, but I'd like to see an echo of Indestructible Hulk by having Maria Hill supervise the operation to some extent. We don't know what state of affairs SHIELD will be in after Winter Soldier, but I can imagine things will be sort of sketchy. This would allow SHIELD's participation to be rather hands off, which allows Bruce and Ross to butt heads on how to handle an issue, since they're being guided (and likely funded/authorized) by SHIELD, but not quite ordered to do anything a certain way.

I'd want this to be a story of Banner's intuition and personal responsibility mixed with Ross's tenacity and resources to defeat a common foe.
Clay quartermain is a classic shield agent who had a notable presence in the hulk run of the 90's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Quartermain . the reason why I suggested him was to get a break from Maria Hill, and to maybe introduce other wings and agents of SHIELD that are still under Fury's (or maria hill's)command but not always seen. Maria Hill would certainly work as well in the scenario though.

and welcome to the hype

Old 10-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #106
Lord
All Mighty

Leader would have to work inside prison though, he was taken into custody by Black Widow

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #107
Jammat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Leader would have to work inside prison though, he was taken into custody by Black Widow
A prison break out isn't difficult to write, either at the beginning of the potential Hulk film, or as an Easter egg in another film or Agents of SHIELD.

Jammat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #108
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Gareth Edwards seems like he could capture the awe that Hulk inspires. If Godzilla is anything to go buy.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #109
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammat View Post
A prison break out isn't difficult to write, either at the beginning of the potential Hulk film, or as an Easter egg in another film or Agents of SHIELD.
Agreed, it'd be pretty to hear that in AoS or even have it as a post credits scene of a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Gareth Edwards seems like he could capture the awe that Hulk inspires. If Godzilla is anything to go buy.
I guess we'll see how Godzilla turns out, if its a hit I could see him being on marvels radar.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #110
Lord
All Mighty

What i like about Marvel's radar though is that they don't just hire famous and successful directors, they hire the people who seem to be right for the job, with many not having very successful films but being given the properties because Marvel believe in their abilities as directors and thinks they are right for that certain job.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #111
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

That's why most of the directors fans suggest suck. Gareth Edwards would work well with Hulk because it's the monster/disaster movie, which Edwards has already done with Monsters and will do again with the incredible-looking Godzilla. Paul Greengrass would be an inspired choice and could fit well with the spy, espionage-esque angle if they went with Indestructible Hulk.

For example. Marvel is more likely to go with someone like Jack Bender for Doctor Strange (long-time director for Lost), rather than del Toro. Fede Alvarez was another good suggestion.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #112
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I really hope Feige announces this as one of the 2016 movies next spring. Along with either Black panther or doc strange.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #113
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Didn't Feige say that Marvel had something special for Ruffalo in Phase 3?

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #114
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

He recently stated in Empire that a Ruffalo based TIH sequel is one of his favorites for a 2016 phase 3 movie to announce, along with Dr. Strange.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #115
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
My opinion: The Indestructible Hulk. No question.
Thats a good title!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #116
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

I think it'd be pretty cool if they introduced Madman as well, since he and the Leader are brothers. He'd essentially serve the same role of Abomination, unless they seriously revamp and reinvent him (I'm thinking a distinct shapeshifting ability would suit him). But yeah, there's that as backup if any complications arise with Roth's contract or if execs or the director simply want a new brutish villain.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #117
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

It'd probably just be easier to bring back abomination, No shape shifting powers required, they could give him a more classic appearance (thick dry skin resembling scales) and say his body had kept mutating over time.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #118
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Doubly so if you say that SHIELD got him to *partially* revert to human when imprisoned.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #119
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Yeah, Emil Blonsky needs a little more characterization I think. I could even see him being rather traitorous to Leader sometime after being recruited (which should be something Sterns should be able to foresee, but then again, why didn't Megatron just straight up kill Starscream as soon as he suspected any schemes?). He seems like he's got his own agenda and wouldn't like being given orders so much.

Plus I think he likes being the top dog, and if Sterns succeeds in turning the world's population into gamma mutants, then all of a sudden Blonsky's outclassed and not so special.

And also, more face time for Roth, and less of a headache for the CG team if he's not Abomination 24/7 thanks to a fluctuating mutation or SHIELD manipulation.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #120
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
It'd probably just be easier to bring back abomination, No shape shifting powers required, they could give him a more classic appearance (thick dry skin resembling scales) and say his body had kept mutating over time.
This, all the way.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #121
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

I would like to see the leader and abomination for the sequel. Also absorbing man would be awesome to see. Hulk vs the leader abomination and the absorbing man!

Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #122
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
Yeah, Emil Blonsky needs a little more characterization I think. I could even see him being rather traitorous to Leader sometime after being recruited (which should be something Sterns should be able to foresee, but then again, why didn't Megatron just straight up kill Starscream as soon as he suspected any schemes?). He seems like he's got his own agenda and wouldn't like being given orders so much.

Plus I think he likes being the top dog, and if Sterns succeeds in turning the world's population into gamma mutants, then all of a sudden Blonsky's outclassed and not so special.

And also, more face time for Roth, and less of a headache for the CG team if he's not Abomination 24/7 thanks to a fluctuating mutation or SHIELD manipulation.
Those are all solid ideas on abomy.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #123
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...e-lots-of-hulk

looks like banner and hulk will get plenty of face time in AoU

Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #124
Lord
All Mighty

For some reason i prefered pre-transformation Abomination, i liked the actor and i really enjoyed him showing what the super soldier sérum could do, in that film it felt more "real" and gradual than with Captain America, which frankly is a bit more cartoony and doesn't use it for "wow" moments like Blonsky vs Hulk.

Really want to see them use the Leader as the main villain, and that it won't end up like the other guy from Green Lantern, they need to make him a serious threat and interesting at the same time.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #125
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I watched Ang's Hulk today, still think it should have gotten a sequel. Especially since he was going to embrace the fun of the Hulk for part 2 and give us Gray Hulk.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote