The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #151
A Necessary Evil
Peter Parker: Spider-Man

Default Re: Incredible Hulk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Call it a hunch, but I think Red Hulk is going to happen in either TIH2 or TIH3, should we get 2 Ruffahulk sequels. Look at what we have going in phase 2: Extremis, Winter Soldier, new line-up of GotG. Marvel is using a lot of more recent and popular stories. I think eventually, Red Hulk will come into play. Not my FAVORITE idea, mind you. But, I can easily see this happening. Planet Hulk I think is less likely.

Not a fan, but there's not that much you can do with Hulk, as much as I love him, he doesn't have the best rogues gallery, and I doubt they're gonna go the Peter David route with him, or even dive into his backstory like Ang's, so a good movie with a character I don't care about is better than nothing at all. I'd rather them save Leader for the (possible?) 3rd movie. Maybe throw in some wendigos.

Quote:
No because Marvel was clearly underwhelmed by TIH's box office. If TIH had been more successful, I think we'd have a sequel by now, and perhaps Norton would have been kept.
Norton walked not because of TIH's box office, but because of his attitude / how hard he is to work with in Hollywood. At times I really do wish he could've stayed, but I still prefer Ruffalo. I dig all three Banner's though.

Missing you, Heath
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #152
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

I'm just wondering what happened to the stores of Banner's blood that Sterns produced. If Ross has his hands on that, then he's won. No need to go after Bruce anymore. He probably knows the basics as to how to get monstrous results, all that would be left is finding out how to control it within test subjects (and I wouldn't put mind control past him).

Or does SHIELD have it? If so, what do they intend to do with it?

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #153
A Necessary Evil
Peter Parker: Spider-Man

Well obviously we won't know until TIH2 or Indestructible Huk or whatever it is comes out. For a while it felt like TIH wasn't even really canon, and besides a few throwaway references, it pretty much is.

Missing you, Heath
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #154
Spider-Aziz
CAAAAKKEEE

I think Sterns used them all on Blonski

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #155
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
I'm just wondering what happened to the stores of Banner's blood that Sterns produced. If Ross has his hands on that, then he's won. No need to go after Bruce anymore. He probably knows the basics as to how to get monstrous results, all that would be left is finding out how to control it within test subjects (and I wouldn't put mind control past him).

Or does SHIELD have it? If so, what do they intend to do with it?
See, that is what I want the next Hulk film to be about. Sterns had all that Hulk blood. I'd like to see a Gamma World type film

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #156
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

I can't imagine it'd take that much to transform just one person. That being said, I'm not completely clear on the process. So does Banner's blood carry both the necessary DNA rewrite of the super soldier serum AND trace doses of the levels of gamma radiation needed for rapid mutation?

I get that Betty hid the record of the gamma exposure, and that you need a special primer to survive a dose of Bruce's blood, but if all that's special about Bruce's blood is essentially the serum rewrite of his DNA, then why didn't Ross just mass produce the super soldier serum he already had and mess around with gamma exposure levels until he could stumble upon a successful replication?

EDIT

All that being said, I almost wonder if it would be best to retcon a lot of these details in favor of something that makes Banner a little more unique. Could be easy to pull off, since, yes, it does feel like TIH is barely canon.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #157
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I think that's over thinking a bit, honestly. He had his own data from his experiments on Abomination and Banner. He could have replicated more gamma mutants with that, or since he is a genius become intelligent enough to make his own data to create the process.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #158
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Oh yeah, Sterns would basically be set as soon as he escapes SHIELD's custody. He just needs to either recover some of Banner's blood or the super soldier serum and then he could immediately set to producing gamma mutants.

I'm just questioning Ross's dependence on capturing Bruce to get the perfect soldiers he's always wanted. He too basically has everything he needs, he just lacks the data and thus would just need a year or so of trial and error and plenty of test subjects to get another Hulk.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #159
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

Thumbs up Re: Incredible Hulk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Hulk's populary has risen a lot though, if they made another film with in least the same quality it would in least make 2 times the amount of money the last one made.
Agreed. Also, if the movie was made today, its b.o. would be highly inflated by 3D and the much bigger foreign market. That was a ''luxury'' that Cap and Thor had, and TIH didn't.

Thor, before teaching the difference between a man and a god to the Builder.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #160
Hulk
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Incredible Hulk 2

Quote:
See, that is what I want the next Hulk film to be about. Sterns had all that Hulk blood. I'd like to see a Gamma World type film
I can get behind this.

Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #161
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I'd love to see something along those lines....I'll take anything involving the Leader so long as it's actually good & entertaining. To be honest, I'd like to see them go TAS route & have Leader and Abomination working alongside one another. However, this time I'd prefer the latter to not be under mind control.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #162
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Agreed. I could see the leader intelligently manipulating Abomination

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #163
Shoppy
Side-Kick

I think Hulk's supporting cast is lagging behind compared to his Avengers contemporaries and I'd like to see the next Hulk film go all out to put more gamma-powered characters in the MCU...

I'd have "The Indestructible Hulk", feature the origins of The Leader, Doc Samson and She-Hulk with the Red Hulk as the post-credits reveal and the Hulk getting blasted into space at the end of the following Avengers movie with "Planet Hulk" and "Avengers: World War Hulk" following in the phase after that

Shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 AM   #164
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

As long as there's no Shield in this I'll be seeing it.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #165
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
All that being said, I almost wonder if it would be best to retcon a lot of these details in favor of something that makes Banner a little more unique. Could be easy to pull off, since, yes, it does feel like TIH is barely canon.
I do wonder how much of anything left from TIH will be picked up in a new solo film. Marvel haven't outright dismissed Norton's film, but it appears they're distancing themselves from it. With a different lead, will they even keep any of the old cast...

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #166
Destructus86
Side-Kick

As much as I love Ruffalo's Hulk...I just don't think the character itself is strong enough to sustain a quality film. Hulk needs someone to play off of. Which is why I still think an Iron Man/Hulk movie would be amazing. Or even a hero we haven't seen on film yet. But he needs someone to work off of in order to be more interesting.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #167
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

He needs colorful characters around him. I vote Amadeus cho since we're never getting rick.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #168
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I'd like to see Rick Jones introduced. Wouldn't be easy as they have a lot of history in the comics but not the movies.

Something that I think would be awesome is a Red Hulk movie, done as a mystery so you don't know who he is. They'd have to wait for more supporting characters to develop in the MCU first though

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #169
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
As much as I love Ruffalo's Hulk...I just don't think the character itself is strong enough to sustain a quality film. Hulk needs someone to play off of. Which is why I still think an Iron Man/Hulk movie would be amazing. Or even a hero we haven't seen on film yet. But he needs someone to work off of in order to be more interesting.
I agree, that his supporting characters need to be interesting as well. There needs to be room to explore his inner life in those relationships. Tony Stark who presses him allows for that, and does all the backflips while a quieter Banner seethes and implies... until Hulk comes out to make big green splashes, and reveal Banner in the way he deals with conflict.

Betty Ross could be this, but they'd have to make her more than just a love interest, she'd have to be pretty awesome in her own right, and they don't do that. She's not equal with Hulk, she's kinda just a would be housewife in the wrong place at the wrong time. Instead, I'd suggest someone like Amadeus Cho who is almost a direct stand in for Tony Stark, mentally. There are others who could be included additionally or instead. Hawkeye and Hulk had a fun relationship in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, for instance. This also might be an interesting place to put Monica Rambeau... that could be fun in its own way.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #170
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Overseas audience went NUTS over the Ruffahulk. It would quadruple the foreign bo of TIH i think.

Amadeus Cho is a great idea! Id age him up to early 20's though and ditch the pup.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #171
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Oh, he is a great character. The problem is Marvel is just after "superhero formula" movies (can't blame them) and Hulk doesn't play well there IMO. Unless you reduce him into another day-saver average superhero.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #172
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Hulk deserves a solo movie, & I think he deserves to get one that allows him to truly shine. There is so much more to the character than just being an angry monster & I want that to be brought to screen fully.

Honestly, I love both Hulk films, but neither completely got it. I'd like to see them try again as opposed to just pairing him with another superhero because they're scared to cultivate a great story.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #173
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Has Ruffalo ever been the sole lead in a film before?

R.I.P. Spectacular Spider-Man:2008-2009

Click here to visit my ART THREAD! (UPDATED: 6-9-13)

Want to join The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Hype Community on Facebook? Request to join the group HERE.
Marvel Spider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #174
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel Spider View Post
Has Ruffalo ever been the sole lead in a film before?
no but the Hulk has

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #175
Slushy
ALWAYS Believe!!!

I don't blame them for the holdup. Hulk hardly has any interesting villains.

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote