The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Trek > Star Trek World

Old 08-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Default Star Trek The Animated Series

Remember this show?

I use to watch reruns of it as a kid on Nick in the 80s all the time and it with watching part 2 and 3 on video is what made me a Trek fan.

Sure it was typical of Filmation style but the show had excellent writing and screenplays.

I also dug the new additions being Arrex who i thought was a strange fellow and who else thought M'ress was one hot alien feline? i did when i was 5 years old as i recalled having a crush on her, she's one fine catgirl

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
bugman
man of bugs

Default Re: Star Trek The Animated Series

the animated series is damn near brilliant. i absolutely love it. smart, funny, inventive, it's like a 23 minute star trek quick shot with slightly zanier visuals and less movement. and even though the animation is pretty terrible, it is colorful and full of charm.

i love the episode where the men get all crazy and the women of the enterprise hafta take command, as well as the one where kirk and spock mutate to be under water breathers.

do not sleep on this show, y'all. if you are a fan of original trek, you will most certainly love this gem of a show. one episodes dialogue of young spock and sarek talking was used almost verbatim in abram's first trek, to great effect.

bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

bugman, I agree. The writing is actually pretty clever and well done for its time. I think it was a very well written show. As I recall it had some legit writing talent behind it as well. I think the problem was the cheap animation, but I mean it had the original cast reprising their voices so its just like classic Trek IMHO.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

I saw a few episodes of it & it had great story lines. My only gripe with the show was it's sub-par animation.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I guess I'll have to give it a look. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Animated Series is essentially the unofficial 4th and 5th year of the Enterprises' five-year journey, with the third being the final season of TOS.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote