The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #351
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Somewhere between finding a $10 bill in a nearly empty parking lot with no one to claim it and drunkenly hooking up with a girl at a party only to find out she's your underage cousin.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #352
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

You know, sure, this thread has been derailed, but oh well, right? Since the announcement of Age of Ultron, there has been a lot of legitimate discussion, for a movie that is less than 2 years away, so the thread has gotten off track, oh well . It's allllllllllllllllllllllllll good

Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #353
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I'm actually coming around to the idea of using an Infinity Gem as the power source for Ultron

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #354
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
I'm actually coming around to the idea of using an Infinity Gem as the power source for Ultron
Not to poop on your parade here, but how do you envision it happening? I doubt Thanos would hand it out for use, or build something himself that uses it. That was one of my problems with the "Loki's spear had the mind gem" theories. I can't believe Thanos would ever let one of the gems out of his sight, even if someone uses it to further his goals.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #355
HUMANIMAL

age of ultroll

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 09-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #356
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Not to poop on your parade here, but how do you envision it happening? I doubt Thanos would hand it out for use, or build something himself that uses it. That was one of my problems with the "Loki's spear had the mind gem" theories. I can't believe Thanos would ever let one of the gems out of his sight, even if someone uses it to further his goals.
Don't think it was the mind gem, but the gems could most certainly be the mcguffins of the MCU from here on out. How do you know the gems aren't scattered through out the galaxy?

Old 09-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #357
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

who's to say Thanos actually has the Gems or even knows about them exactly, at this point?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #358
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Don't think it was the mind gem, but the gems could most certainly be the mcguffins of the MCU from here on out. How do you know the gems aren't scattered through out the galaxy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
who's to say Thanos actually has the Gems or even knows about them exactly, at this point?
I don't know that they aren't scattered--they probably are--but I was pointing out my problem with the theory that Thanos let Loki have the gem for his staff. I'd have the same problem with a scenario where he let a Chitauri UI use the power gem.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #359
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
That's what I've maintained this entire time. Thanos isn't the kind of dimwit to even consider it. "Yeah, here you go Loki. I don't know you, but here take one of my prized possessions that I need to conquer the universe!"

Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #360
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

It was clearly stated in The Avengers that Loki's staff was powered by the Cube, not by any Gem.

The only real question about the Gems is whether or not the Gauntlet seen in Odin's Treasury can be confirmed as MCU canon or not. Personally, I think even deleted scenes are still legit, but some people have a problem with that. So I'd like to see the Gauntlet actually addressed in TDW as yea or nay *officially.*

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #361
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I don't know that they aren't scattered--they probably are--but I was pointing out my problem with the theory that Thanos let Loki have the gem for his staff. I'd have the same problem with a scenario where he let a Chitauri UI use the power gem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
That's what I've maintained this entire time. Thanos isn't the kind of dimwit to even consider it. "Yeah, here you go Loki. I don't know you, but here take one of my prized possessions that I need to conquer the universe!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It was clearly stated in The Avengers that Loki's staff was powered by the Cube, not by any Gem.

The only real question about the Gems is whether or not the Gauntlet seen in Odin's Treasury can be confirmed as MCU canon or not. Personally, I think even deleted scenes are still legit, but some people have a problem with that. So I'd like to see the Gauntlet actually addressed in TDW as yea or nay *officially.*
Don't understand what this has to do with Ultron being powered by "some" gem, which is what the other poster brought up. The fact that the thing in the scepter isn't the mind gem has nothing to do with Ultron possibly being powered by a gem.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #362
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I don't want the gems to be just a power source like the cube, I hope they can do exactly what they do in the comics.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #363
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #364
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'm disappointed by the efforts to get this thread back on track.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #365
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Don't understand what this has to do with Ultron being powered by "some" gem, which is what the other poster brought up. The fact that the thing in the scepter isn't the mind gem has nothing to do with Ultron possibly being powered by a gem.
Because we've already had a McGuffin that powers things (i.e. the cube). Regardless how would Ultron even get his hands on it? Are you suggesting another round of Thanos getting somebody else to do his bidding? We've already seen that with Loki and we're about to see it again in GOTG with Ronan. Besides, as a couple of us pointed out Thanos would NEVER willingly give Ultron a gem.

Earth has quite a bit of "tech" coming from other dimensions after the Chitauri invasion, their studies of the cube (not to mention items confiscated from the Red Skull), and the Destroyer. A gem isn't necessary.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #366
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Work harder Dent.
Here, I'll help.
Would you guys prefer the white and blue or white and green outfit for Quicksilver?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #367
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Doesn't have that much to do with the Scepter (theoretical Mind Gem or not); but if the Gauntlet is "alive and well" in Odin's Vault, then Ultron ain't gonna be powered by no Gem. Unless he puts on the Glove....

Come to think of it: I'd love to see Ultron wearing the Infinity Gauntlet.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #368
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
I don't want the gems to be just a power source like the cube, I hope they can do exactly what they do in the comics.
Agree about that. The only thing I can think of is red, and power gem...power...."power"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm disappointed by the efforts to get this thread back on track.
Good god what the hell is that? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Because we've already had a McGuffin that powers things (i.e. the cube). Regardless how would Ultron even get his hands on it? Are you suggesting another round of Thanos getting somebody else to do his bidding? We've already seen that with Loki and we're about to see it again in GOTG with Ronan. Besides, as a couple of us pointed out Thanos would NEVER willingly give Ultron a gem.

Earth has quite a bit of "tech" coming from other dimensions after the Chitauri invasion, their studies of the cube (not to mention items confiscated from the Red Skull), and the Destroyer. A gem isn't necessary.
No no. What I am suggesting is if, the gems are scattered, if maybe one is on earth, the power gem, it would be the source of Ultron's power. Or something. Just trying to keep Thanos somewhat relative, even if it's indirect.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #369
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Well.. we have to assume that Thanos let loki have that gem in order to do his bidding. Loki was Thanos's puppet the entire time, i highly doubt thanos wasn't in control of that gem at all times.

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #370
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
i don't know about that.. actually. Loki also got a major ability boost which include mind control. Something the Staff was obviously doing.

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #371
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Agree about that. The only thing I can think of is red, and power gem...power...."power"

Good god what the hell is that? lol

No no. What I am suggesting is if, the gems are scattered, if maybe one is on earth, the power gem, it would be the source of Ultron's power. Or something. Just trying to keep Thanos somewhat relative, even if it's indirect.
yeah... I'm fine with Ultron being powered by the power gem, The Gem's are obviously scattered because if Thanos was all powerful and had the Infinity Gauntlet completed.. then why is he having others do his bidding anyway? The idea should be about The Avengers ultimately trying to stop him from completing the collection imo

[=]
Old 09-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #372
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I feel like they left it open. Where as, if they decide to.."recon" it to being the mind gem for some reason, there is enough to support it. Who knows. I think it was just powered by the cube, but I think they left it open as a possibility in case they decide to go that route.

Quote:
i don't know about that.. actually. Loki also got a major ability boost which include mind control. Something the Staff was obviously doing.

Not sure. Loki seemed to display some sort of possession or influence of Selvig's thinking at the end of Thor.

Though it very well could have been due to the scepter, as he probably already met the other and thanos at that point

Old 09-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #373
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I feel like they left it open. Where as, if they decide to.."recon" it to being the mind gem for some reason, there is enough to support it. Who knows. I think it was just powered by the cube, but I think they left it open as a possibility in case they decide to go that route.

Not sure. Loki seemed to display some sort of possession or influence of Selvig's thinking at the end of Thor.

Though it very well could have been due to the scepter, as he probably already met the other and thanos at that point
this. He was already floating around space... he had to of bumped into thanos by that point, because i don't see Loki just "floating around" and suddenly going "i'm going to go possess that selvig guy for a second because i think SHIELD is onto something" *Ahhhh free falling*

[=]
Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #374
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Why would Ultron need to be powered by an Infinity Gem when an arc reactor is the perfect power source? Even if you dislike the idea of Tony creating Ultron, the fact remains that arc reactors are available for the mad robot's use. His creator might naturally turn to the miniaturized reactor even if someone other then Tony is the creator.

Where would Ultron's human creator have gotten a gem, anyway? The things aren't readily available even if someone has stolen the Gauntlet from Odin's vault.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #375
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Fury specifically says that the Cube is powering the Staff in Avengers. It's on record.

Quote:
yeah... I'm fine with Ultron being powered by the power gem, The Gem's are obviously scattered because if Thanos was all powerful and had the Infinity Gauntlet completed.. then why is he having others do his bidding anyway? The idea should be about The Avengers ultimately trying to stop him from completing the collection imo
The Gauntlet is completed, but Thanos doesn't own it. It's in Odin's Treasury. The likely scenario is that Odin won it from him in some past cosmic battle, and Thanos has been looking for it ever since. The Thor movies have a perfect opportunity to follow this story thread....but that doesn't mean they will. IMO, Phase II's writing has started going pretty WTF....Feige & Company are missing/ignoring *obvious* story arcs and smooth connections and trying to shoehorn in awkward angles. Remains to be seen how those angles will be received by general audiences and fanboys; but, if the outcry from fandom over the Mandarin Twist is any indication, there's still a lot of *****ing to come for Phase II.

Closed Thread