The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #451
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

RDJ still pullin at 50.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #452
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Here's how I think they'll do Phase 3, given the recent Sackhoff news:

Ant-Man (2015)
Dr. Strange (2016)
Ms. Marvel (2016)
Black Panther (2017)
Hulk 2 (2017)
Avengers 3 (2018)
Inhumans (2018 - start of Phase 4)

Yes, I know it only includes one sequel from the current crop of Avengers. No, I don't think that's out of the question. They need to give Cap and Thor a rest after so many movies in a row for them.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #453
Chewy
REDACTED

Olsen's at TIFF and did an interview with that MTV guy today: http://instagram.com/p/d9-b80RRfa/#

So we'll almost certainly get some Scarlet Witch interview stuff from her

Old 09-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #454
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I agree, I hated that moment in Ultimate Avengers when Hulk lifted Mjolnir and hurled it at Thor.

But is Odin the most powerful being in the nine realms in the MCU? Because if Thor becomes king in TDW, wouldn't his power be upped to Odin's level? And wouldn't that mean that he'd be too powerful to be on a team like the Avengers?
yes, that's what I am talking about. It was in the deleted scenes, in the MCU, Thor 1, Loki refers to Odin as "the most powerful being in the 9 realms"

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Easy answer: Thor doesn't become king. I think its far more likely Thor leaves for, and stays on, Earth, than becomes king.
Even if he does become king, there's nothing saying Thor would become more powerful. Thor doesn't just become more powerful cause he is King, he became more powerful because of the Odinforce (and Runes, in that arc). He's still Thor, just with a different title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
lol..thats what i'm saying. For the most part, you can't definitively say Thor is a better person than Cap, Banner or Stark in the MCU.
It's Odin's judgement/mjolnir's judgement. While I do think Cap will lift it, Tony is not worthy. He's too much of an ego, yeah, he had that moment in the Avengers, but does that meet Odin's standard for what worthy is? doubtful.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #455
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post

Ant-Man (2015)
Dr. Strange (2016)
Ms. Marvel (2016)
Black Panther (2017)
Hulk 2 (2017)
Avengers 3 (2018)

Yes, I know it only includes one sequel from the current crop of Avengers. No, I don't think that's out of the question. They need to give Cap and Thor a rest after so many movies in a row for them.
Don't see Black Panther, Hulk 2, or Ms. Marvel happening.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #456
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Olsen's at TIFF and did an interview with that MTV guy today: http://instagram.com/p/d9-b80RRfa/#

I never realized how big her head is.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #457
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:

Ant-Man (2015)
Dr. Strange (2016)
Ms. Marvel (2016)
Black Panther (2017)
Hulk 2 (2017)
Avengers 3 (2018)

Not so sure about Ms. Marvel (I think that slot end up being a SHIELD movie featuring her, Widow, Hawkeye, etc) or another GOTG film, but the rest seem definite to me. Dr. Strange and Black Panther are pretty much a given. And yeah, Hulk 2 seems pretty likely too; it'll probably be based on Indestructible Hulk.

And Inhumans seems very likely too. ESPECIALLY with the cosmic Universe getting kick started with GOTG. Plus, Inhumans, like Panther and Strange, is a franchise Feige has wanted to do for a while.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #458
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Don't see Black Panther, Hulk 2, or Ms. Marvel happening.
I know you don't, but they've seemingly been getting the BP movie together for a while now (as evidenced by the Stan Lee slip-up a year ago, etc.). They've been hinting at Hulk 2 recently, and now the Ms. Marvel chatter is heating up. I don't see why it's a stretch to think they're getting movies. Of those three, I think Ms. Marvel has the best shot. They really want a female-centric Marvel movie done.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #459
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Take note that Tom Felton, the man many say SHOULD'VE been Pietro, is there too.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #460
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Tom Felton SHOULDN'T be anything.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #461
Just_Human
Side-Kick

I've watched Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2 the other day, and I think Black Panther could have his own movie, but I'm afraid it would be an African version of Thor 1.
Kingdom, other Aliens trying to break to steal something (Vibranium), tensions within the kingdom, etc
Maybe the movie would start with a flashback scene showing how SHIELD got their hands on Vibranium.

BP will either have his movie and/or be in the Avengers; remember that map on one of SHIELD'S screens at the end of IM 2?
It was more than just a nod in my opinion

Old 09-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #462
Loki882
Side-Kick

BP has been teased for a long time, and more so recently. I think that it's not a question of if, but when that movie happens. Also, several Marvel execs have mentioned the desire for a female led film, so they'll have to do one eventually. Ms. Marvel is not likely, but CAPTAIN Marvel is a possibility.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #463
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
BP has been teased for a long time, and more so recently. I think that it's not a question of if, but when that movie happens. Also, several Marvel execs have mentioned the desire for a female led film, so they'll have to do one eventually. Ms. Marvel is not likely, but CAPTAIN Marvel is a possibility.
I'm thinking Captain Marvel as well.

It'll probably be a cosmic and shield oriented film.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #464
Mr. Dent
Banned User

This is actually a prtty old story.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2013/08/1...ed-cover-girl/

Old 09-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #465
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Not so sure about Ms. Marvel (I think that slot end up being a SHIELD movie featuring her, Widow, Hawkeye, etc) or another GOTG film, but the rest seem definite to me. Dr. Strange and Black Panther are pretty much a given. And yeah, Hulk 2 seems pretty likely too; it'll probably be based on Indestructible Hulk.

And Inhumans seems very likely too. ESPECIALLY with the cosmic Universe getting kick started with GOTG. Plus, Inhumans, like Panther and Strange, is a franchise Feige has wanted to do for a while.
How is Black Panther a given?

Quote:
I know you don't, but they've seemingly been getting the BP movie together for a while now (as evidenced by the Stan Lee slip-up a year ago, etc.). They've been hinting at Hulk 2 recently, and now the Ms. Marvel chatter is heating up. I don't see why it's a stretch to think they're getting movies. Of those three, I think Ms. Marvel has the best shot. They really want a female-centric Marvel movie done.
Feige has been hinting at a lot of stuff, and has said they've got 6-7 things going on right now, but they have to cut it down to the 3-4 movies that make up phase 3 (not counting A3). The only things that look especially tangible to me are Doctor Strange, which Feige has said himself will be in Phase 3, and Inhumans, which are getting a huge push in the comics and Feige has gushed about a couple months ago and mentioned alongside Doctor Strange and Guardians as movies they were actively developing back in 2011. Anything else new is really hard to see them fitting since it doesn't make sense for them not to do a sequel to at least two of the properties out of Thor, Captain America, and Guardians.

The Ms. Marvel talk is heating up mostly because of fan hopes, not anything tangible. I'm sure they're discussing it and it's in the works, since Esposito brought it up himself, but I don't think it will be a phase 3 movies.

I'd say the 6-7 things are:

Doctor Strange
Inhumans
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Cap 3
Thor 3
Guardians 2

And the 3-4 that will get movies are:
Doctor Strange
Inhumans
Thor 3
Cap 3/GotG 2 (whichever grosses more next year)

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 09-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #466
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I don't see them waiting to get a Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel movie out. The temptation is too high to beat DC to the punch. Whether you agree or not, it's a big deal to have the first big tentpole superhero movie with a female lead. I imagine they'll want to kick DC while they're down rather than possibly let them use a WW movie to take back momentum.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #467
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really don't think it's such a big deal to them they'll throw out plans for Thor, Cap, or Guardians sequels to do it nor do I think they care if DC beats them to it...which they know full well probably won't happen. If the Flash/JL movie rumor is true (which it probably is because THR reported it) WW wouldn't get a movie until 2018 at the earliest. I can see a situation where Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman come out in the same year, 2018, but I don't see it in phase 3.

Plus, I think you're overstating how bad they want it just because Esposito talked about it this week. They've been talking about it for years, not just this week, and it still hasn't happened.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #468
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

You and I aren't going to agree, so might as well leave it. It is a big deal to be first, though. And I think you're underestimating how much the Chrises will want a break after their string of movies. Better to have them fresh for their third movies than tired of playing the characters.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #469
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
yes, that's what I am talking about. It was in the deleted scenes, in the MCU, Thor 1, Loki refers to Odin as "the most powerful being in the 9 realms"

Even if he does become king, there's nothing saying Thor would become more powerful. Thor doesn't just become more powerful cause he is King, he became more powerful because of the Odinforce (and Runes, in that arc). He's still Thor, just with a different title.

It's Odin's judgement/mjolnir's judgement. While I do think Cap will lift it, Tony is not worthy. He's too much of an ego, yeah, he had that moment in the Avengers, but does that meet Odin's standard for what worthy is? doubtful.
While I did get one of my wish scenes in Avengers (Hulk trying to lift Mjolnir) another I wanted was for Cap to walk over and pick up Mjolnir and hand it to Thor, not knowing about the enchantment and Thor just smiles at him. Would go to further Thor's respect for Cap

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #470
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
While I did get one of my wish scenes in Avengers (Hulk trying to lift Mjolnir) another I wanted was for Cap to walk over and pick up Mjolnir and hand it to Thor, not knowing about the enchantment and Thor just smiles at him. Would go to further Thor's respect for Cap
I wanted Cap to pick the hammer up to. However, I wanted Thor to be completely shocked that he could do it, no one else ever has.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #471
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I want the climax to be in another city besides New York City. How many times in a row can this city be devastated? They should have it take place somewhere else entirely. Maybe Toronto, to justify Alpha Flight becoming created by the Canadian government.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #472
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

A Cap hammer scene would be great in the second, but not played like some big, epic moment. It could just be a small scene before the end fight where Thor is expressing doubts in Cap/his plan/whatever, and on the way out the door Cap picks up Mjolnir, sitting on a table, and tosses it over to Thor, all like "You're gonna need this."

He'd leave not thinking anything of it and Thor would just be baffled, having a newfound respect for the Captain.

Not necessary, but if Joss is indeed "digging deeper" into the team and testing their alliance, it could really work to the story's benefit.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #473
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I want the climax to be in another city besides New York City. How many times in a row can this city be devastated? They should have it take place somewhere else entirely. Maybe Toronto, to justify Alpha Flight becoming created by the Canadian government.
There's been talk that they're scouting South Africa for location filming, and the rumormill naturally turned to Wakanda. Dunno how much of the action would take place there, but at least we know AoU won't be *totally* Manhattan-centric. With CATWS taking place largely in Washington DC, and TDW taking place in London and the Outer Realms, and IM3 taking place in LA and Miami and Tennessee, I'd think that Joss will continue to explore new locations for this movie besides NYC. And Stuttgart.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #474
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Guardians of the Galaxy sequel is a must for phase 3!

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #475
Just_Human
Side-Kick

I hope one of the Avengers or Avengers related movies will be shot here in Montreal

I was able to see the filming Xmen : DOFP, as 3 locations are close to where I live.

McGill University being the closest one, only 3 blocks away

Closed Thread