The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #826
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

From what i'm hearing in his interviews and his track record on the 2nd season of Buffy i'm hoping Age of Ultron is amazing, wasn't a big fan of the first Avengers film, felt a little hollow to me, if that makes sence.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #827
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
From what i'm hearing in his interviews and his track record on the 2nd season of Buffy i'm hoping Age of Ultron is amazing, wasn't a big fan of the first Avengers film, felt a little hollow to me, if that makes sence.
What didn't you like about it??

Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #828
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I think I've said it before, but here goes:

I hope Joss shoots "Age of Ultron" in 2.35:1, rather than the 1.78:1 ratio like he did with "The Avengers." I know it was a personal choice, but it didn't feel consistent with the other MCU films (which were shot in scope). And the reasons he gave for that were kinda lame.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #829
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post

I hope Joss shoots "Age of Ultron" in 2.35:1, rather than the 1.78:1 ratio like he did with "The Avengers." I know it was a personal choice, but it didn't feel consistent with the other MCU films (which were shot in scope). And the reasons he gave for that were kinda lame.
I honestly didn't notice.

What were his reasons, by the by?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #830
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
The frame was composed for the 1.85:1 aspect ratio, a concept that was spearheaded by Whedon early on. Explains McGarvey, "Shooting 1.85:1 is kind of unusual for an epic film like this, but we needed the height in the screen to be able to frame in all the characters like Hulk, Captain America and Black Widow, who is much smaller. We had to give them all precedence and width within the frame. Also, Joss knew the final battle sequence was going to be this extravaganza in Manhattan, so the height and vertical scale of the buildings was going to be really important."
http://www.arri.com/news.html?articl...5b4e2f93a73f81

Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #831
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Eh, at least he gave an explained reason as opposed to "it just looks cool." If it was in the comics the panel would be all ****ed up or they would be taller or shorter than they really are.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #832
The Question

Sounds reasonable to me.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #833
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I have ZERO problem with Coulson being introduced into the comics.
Coulson has been in the comics for a long time

He is Vision

Phil Coulson

Phison = Vision

Old 09-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #834
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I can imagine after the success of The Avengers, Marvel was all like...

Too bad I can't post that Jay-Z vid here.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #835
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I wonder how QS and SW will factor in this movie.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #836
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I wonder how QS and SW will factor in this movie.
I think they will fight the Avengers the first time they meet, and then join the team later. I think SW will be potrayed as Ultron's opposite, and will also be his Kryptonite in the end.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #837
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
There's a whole story/mini seires on how Coulson and Nick Fury JUNIOR are introduced into the 616 universe called BATTLE SCARS. Hehe Coulson's name however until the LAST issue is CHEESE hahahaha you don't KNOW he's Coulson for sure until then last page.
yes. and he, for some strange reason, is wearing a suit instead of a S.H.I.E.L.D uniform. it was really stupid.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #838
gurkle2
Newbie First Class

Since Millar's Ultimates (not Ultimates 3, that never happened) provides some inspiration for the movies, I think they might be something like they were in that book, a couple of aloof superpowered twins who have been pressed into service by S.H.I.E.L.D. in exchange for the release of political prisoners. Millar was the first writer since the '60s to really spend much time portraying them as a team, and as a couple of young Europeans who don't have a lot in common with their teammates at first.

Wanda is Ultron's Kryptonite in the comics but for that reason the writers usually try not to let her be the one who destroys him (because it's too easy that way). Probably they'll figure out some way to let everyone take their shots, or each one take out an Ultron-created robot or something.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #839
Just_Human
Side-Kick

OMG QS and SW were in Iron Man 1 !

Plus the girl is wearing red ... like Wanda !!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #840
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
OMG QS and SW were in Iron Man 1 !

Plus the girl is wearing red ... like Wanda !!!!

His ice cream is gone because he ate it at superspeed...thus proving your theory true.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 09-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #841
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
His ice cream is gone because he ate it at superspeed...thus proving your theory true.
lol

Old 09-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #842
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

The ice cream is fall. No "ate it at superspeed." In my opinion these 2 children is too young.

Last edited by HunBoy; 09-20-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #843
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
The ice cream is fall. No "ate it at superspeed." In my opinion these 2 children is too young.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They were joking. It's hard to tell, I know.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #844
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Dummy-> Ultron (Stark was never very kind to Dummy, so it probably has a lot of pent up hostility. Plus, Dummy is the only piece of hardware that Stark salvages at the end of Iron Man 3)

James Spader- > Voice of Ultron

Problem?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #845
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^ cool stuff hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
I think they will fight the Avengers the first time they meet, and then join the team later. I think SW will be potrayed as Ultron's opposite, and will also be his Kryptonite in the end.
Yup I think so too

Old 09-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #846
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post

Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #847
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Or she got greedy and hexed hers back.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #848
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
What didn't you like about it??
Heh, i doubt many posters will take it seriously but i found it a little uneventfull most of the time, during the city battle i didn't ever feel like there was any real danger to our heroes, if you want a comparison that will probably make any of my statements not be taken seriously then here goes:

One year before it Transformers 3 had just shown a similar battle in a big city which i think was better done and showed consequences better, even if the film itself wasn't as better written. While i'm glad they paid homenage to the first comic i also found the villain (Loki) very weak, and from what i see i'm not the only one who thinks that, and i remember reading a review saying he was the weakest part of the film.

Then again i also see he has a lot of fans, the look of the film itself also seemed very generic, while i liked the dialogue i never found anything in the directing to be particularly creative or interesting.

I also thought that for half the film there wasn't really any plot (this However doesn't make it bad, but in this particular case i didn't think they went through an interesting enough direction) and the mind control of Hawkeye felt a little too cheesy for my taste, it's not that i'm a fan of the character, but the way it worked just didn't make that much sence, they were being controled yet had individual thoughts of their oun? When i watched the end of Thor i thought Selving's entire body was sort of possessed by Loki.

Many of these are probable perceived by fans as nitpicking but overall i don't think the film was anything special besides the event behind it.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #849
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Heh, i doubt many posters will take it seriously but i found it a little uneventfull most of the time, during the city battle i didn't ever feel like there was any real danger to our heroes, if you want a comparison that will probably make any of my statements not be taken seriously then here goes:

One year before it Transformers 3 had just shown a similar battle in a big city which i think was better done and showed consequences better, even if the film itself wasn't as better written. While i'm glad they paid homenage to the first comic i also found the villain (Loki) very weak, and from what i see i'm not the only one who thinks that, and i remember reading a review saying he was the weakest part of the film.

Then again i also see he has a lot of fans, the look of the film itself also seemed very generic, while i liked the dialogue i never found anything in the directing to be particularly creative or interesting.

I also thought that for half the film there wasn't really any plot (this However doesn't make it bad, but in this particular case i didn't think they went through an interesting enough direction) and the mind control of Hawkeye felt a little too cheesy for my taste, it's not that i'm a fan of the character, but the way it worked just didn't make that much sence, they were being controled yet had individual thoughts of their oun? When i watched the end of Thor i thought Selving's entire body was sort of possessed by Loki.

Many of these are probable perceived by fans as nitpicking but overall i don't think the film was anything special besides the event behind it.
Fair enough, I do agree about not showing any real danger. They did show the after math of the battle and acknowledged. I thought that was cool but nonetheless it's your opinion, I hope you can enjoy A:AOU more

Old 09-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #850
The Question

Quote:
but the way it worked just didn't make that much sence, they were being controled yet had individual thoughts of their oun?
Why doesn't that make sense? It's not like mind control is a think that really exists and we know how it works. I took that to mean that Loki's brand of mind control wasn't Loki actually dictating their actions step by step, but altering their personalities to make them unquestioningly loyal to him. In fact, from a plot standpoint it makes more sense because if they didn't have the capacity for independent thought then Loki wouldn't be able to make use of their skills.