The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #151
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

That link is gone, anybody know what'd the guy on the 4Chan board report?

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 AM   #152
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
Interesting ideas. I like how Joss subtly alluded to Director of SHIELD in A1, by having Tony march onto the Helicarrier bride and start giving bogus orders as if he was in charge ("Raise the mizzenmast", "That man's playing Galaga",...).

Similar to how IM2 alludes to Tony's being Sec. of Def. "I'm not a joiner, but I'll consider Secretary of Defense, if you ask nice."

Old 08-30-2013, 02:08 AM   #153
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I'm not sure either of those are examples of subtle easter eggs. But if you want to go on thinking that, who am I to stop you?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:25 AM   #154
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

The human Ultron thing sounds stupid. Guess some people expect cgi characters like Rocket and Groot to take human forms next year too.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #155
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I am going to make a bold prediction.

So, we know that The Winter Soldier is the Biggest Lead in to the movie. Hell, look at Chris Evans' reaction when told about Ultron, something is up with that, no doubt about it. We know that there is a "shift at the end of the movie"

Iron man 3 ended with "Tony Stark will return" given the chaos of The Winter Soldier, I am going to say at the end of the movie (or beginning of AoU)...

Tony Stark becomes the new director of SHIELD, like in the comics.
Why on earth would Tony Stark become director of SHIELD, when he's (a) never been a member of that organization and (b) despises that organization to its core?

"Director of SHIELD" isn't a political appointment, unlike, say, a Cabinet Secretary. You work your way through the ranks, just like in the military. Comic-book Stark had ties to SHIELD, and a political belief system that made him *want* to become Director. MCU Stark doesn't share those beliefs, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
While I know he was operating with his armor in the comics during his directorship of SHIELD, I think this adds a little more credence to the idea I had about him NOT using the armors in A2 at all. He's shown to have an interesting relationship with Fury in the MCU. I could see that somehow after the fallout of WS plot, Fury himself clearing the path for Tony to take over. If that happens I could totally see Joss and RDJ keeping Tony out of the armor(s) until the finale of, say, A3.
Why would Marvel Studios get rid of their golden goose? Iron Man is their biggest meal ticket, both at the box office and in merchandising. There's no reason to deviate from the plan that's made them billions so far: put Tony in a new suit or three --- or forty --- with each new appearance. Tony says "I am Iron Man" at the end of IM3, and he means it. It's inevitable that he creates a new armor in AoU, and it just makes sense that the events of IM3 point towards that being Extremis Armor/Bleeding Edge. Which opens up the distinct possibility of Iron Man himself literally getting "hacked" and taken over by Ultron in AoU.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #156
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

so anyone remember how I said I thought I saw an Ultron easter egg in the first avengers movie a few months ago? Maybe it was legitimate at this point

Old 08-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #157
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
so anyone remember how I said I thought I saw an Ultron easter egg in the first avengers movie a few months ago? Maybe it was legitimate at this point
What was the Easter Egg?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #158
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWithTeamConan View Post
That link is gone, anybody know what'd the guy on the 4Chan board report?
http://archive.foolz.us/co/thread/53544727/

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #159
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I'm not sure either of those are examples of subtle easter eggs. But if you want to go on thinking that, who am I to stop you?
Subtle may have been a touch strong on my part -- I never meant to imply they were some kind of hidden easter egg or or something -- but they were just brief, passing allusions. As someone who wasn't aware of the in-comic connections on first viewing, they originally slid right by without a second thought.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #160
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
PM sent
Could I get one too?
Oh hey, Please send to me a PM!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #161
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Honestly... I just want JARVIS to play into it. He may just be a casualty of Ultron's or something, but I want to see him play into it. Without an Iron Man movie franchise, Tony no longer needs JARVIS to facilitate banter, explain his actions, that's why we hear so little from JARVIS in Avengers, narratively, and even practically, he's not needed. As such, JARVIS is free to die/become Vision, and any number of other things. I hope it's the latter, but I wouldn't dream that the beloved AI will come through a battle with another AI unscathed.

Spader is full of win though. He already sounds like Ultron anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The human Ultron thing sounds stupid. Guess some people expect cgi characters like Rocket and Groot to take human forms next year too.
Human Ultron? I hadn't heard anything about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised to see a scene where Ultron infiltrates Stark Tower and verbally squares off a little with JARVIS, until ultimately disabling him and taking over the system-- like Stark's two "sons" meeting. I dunno, seems like something that could happen.
That scene sounds full of win. I'm grinning a bit just reading it.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 08-30-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #162
Victarion
Cut

Will Coulson be reintroduced, or has Fury reassigned him?

Old 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #163
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I imagine he would be re-assigned; bringing him back would undercut the first Avengers film.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #164
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

They've already done that. That took away the little impact his death had in the first place, for me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #165
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

Did he get that post out BEFORE the Spader News was released by Marvel?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #166
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
Did he get that post out BEFORE the Spader News was released by Marvel?
After.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #167
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
What was the Easter Egg?

The scene right before Hill yells "grenade!" she makes an arm jester, and there are computer screens in the backround. When she makes a jester, the screen closest to her hand looks a bit different than the rest of the screens. It had a red background with a grey oval in the center. In the oval, for like, less than a second, there are 3 red dots, where two eyes, and a mouth would be before continuing to be distorted. I thought it was Ultron's face.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #168
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Awesome fan-made poster

Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #169
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Also worth noting, when Whedon was asked if we'd see Vision, Joss said "there is none of that extra stuff, just Ultron"

yet, this guy seems to prove Vision is in it, despite what Joss has said. Again, I think we shouldn't be taking everything the directors/producers say as 100% face value.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #170
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Oh hey, Please send to me a PM!
Debunked by a fellow member

sorry

Old 08-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #171
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
The scene right before Hill yells "grenade!" she makes an arm jester, and there are computer screens in the backround. When she makes a jester, the screen closest to her hand looks a bit different than the rest of the screens. It had a red background with a grey oval in the center. In the oval, for like, less than a second, there are 3 red dots, where two eyes, and a mouth would be before continuing to be distorted. I thought it was Ultron's face.
holy crap that face is hard to spot

I didn't see anything TBH

Old 08-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #172
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Maybe it was my eyes, but I thought I saw Ultron. Who knows.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #173
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
They've already done that. That took away the little impact his death had in the first place, for me.
Exactly. Rather than raise the stakes his inevitable eventual come back will go to show that even relatively minor supporting characters can come back from the dead and that noone is ever in any real danger. At least when this isn't happening both the filmmaker and audience can pretend they are unaware of this fundamental weakness in the freedom of ongoing comic franchise films.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #174
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

No more cannon fodder please.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #175
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
I don't see why they can't set it before the events of The Avengers.

Closed Thread