The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #251
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah, I think that tension has always been with the Thor character, even if it's not always spelled out. He is "The Scion of Asgard". At some point he is to succeed his father, Jormagund not withstanding of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I didn't actually consider it from that angle. Him just not wanting the job anymore though I can see how that could happen. It's making me even more excited! I can't take it!
Well I do hope that we get to see some of Thor's leadership traits since he's supposed to be leading an army of Asgardians into several battles. He couldn't do so in the first film since he was a reckless prince, and in "The Avengers", it was Captain America that was giving out orders to the group, so he should have his time to shine in this film hopefully.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #252
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Here's one that I hadn't seen posted here yet.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #253
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Here's one that I hadn't seen posted here yet.

AH! Heimdall!

Old 09-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #254
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Awesome!

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #255
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The design and quality of the pictures definitely has that "Disney" Touch to it imho.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #256
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
The design and quality of the pictures definitely has that "Disney" Touch to it imho.
That's not a bad thing. Disney is great when it comes to marketing and I'm glad that their great Marketing Machine has finally started turning out TDW stuff and we have stuff coming to us every few days

Old 09-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #257
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Also, I mentioned this a while back in "The Avengers" thread, but I personally feel that when it comes to Thor's position in the overall mythology of heroes that the MCU has established, he's pretty much like that "guardian angel" figure (ala Trump Card) that Earth has when it comes to defending against villainous forces.

I mean sure, you have the Hulk as well, but he's more of a wild card who seems to be more of a loner and someone that would only get involved when the situation calls for it.

Hell, I definitely like how there's this growing mystique about Thor when it comes to the perspectives of some of the other Marvel characters; I mean you have Alrich from Iron Man 3 noting on how things have never been quite the same since Thor arrived on Earth, and then you have the way that Coulson reinforces that belief whenever he mentions about Thor to anyone else on Earth.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #258
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also, I mentioned this a while back in "The Avengers" thread, but I personally feel that when it comes to Thor's position in the overall mythology of heroes that the MCU has established, he's pretty much like that "guardian angel" figure (ala Trump Card) that Earth has when it comes to defending against villainous forces.

I mean sure, you have the Hulk as well, but he's more of a wild card who seems to be more of a loner and someone that would only get involved when the situation calls for it.

Hell, I definitely like how there's this growing mystique about Thor when it comes to the perspectives of some of the other Marvel characters; I mean you have Alrich from Iron Man 3 noting on how things have never been quite the same since Thor arrived on Earth, and then you have the way that Coulson reinforces that belief whenever he mentions about Thor to anyone else on Earth.

I think that Hulk won't be on the team past A2, myself. Leaving Thor as the big gun of the team.... AS IT SHOULD BE!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #259
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Heimdall's suit looks more metal this go around instead of that plasticy kind of feel that a good chunk of the costumes in the first Thor had.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #260
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

The costume looks awesome but I just want to see Heimdall kicking some arse in this movie.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #261
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
The costume looks awesome but I just want to see Heimdall kicking some arse in this movie.
It's definitely nice to know that his scenes won't just be him being stuck at the Bifrost's gate and that he'll actually get to interact with people in Asgard.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #262
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's definitely nice to know that his scenes won't just be him being stuck at the Bifrost's gate and that he'll actually get to interact with people in Asgard.

My question is... Who is covering his shift?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #263
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Quote:
My question is... Who is covering his shift?
I'm guessing Ragnar the Janitor and his lethal mop will be tending to Heimdall's post while he's kicking arse. You have no idea how many germs and all around gross stuff is gathering on his cleaning implement.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #264
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I think that Hulk won't be on the team past A2, myself. Leaving Thor as the big gun of the team.... AS IT SHOULD BE!!
I have trouble believing that considering he seems to be an "Avengers only" character at the moment.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #265
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I have trouble believing that considering he seems to be an "Avengers only" character at the moment.

Well, Joss often likens Hulk to a horror monster or werewolf type character. I don't think that lends itself very well to being a regular member of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes". But that's just me.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #266
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Well, Joss often likens Hulk to a horror monster or werewolf type character. I don't think that lends itself very well to being a regular member of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes". But that's just me.
Well if that were the case though, then he would have gone with the Ultimates portrayal of Hulk where Hulk in that take was really a monster and actually ate several innocent people.

Joss's Hulk seems to be more in line with the original heroic but misunderstood version of the character.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 AM   #267
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:

Quote:
Well if that were the case though, then he would have gone with the Ultimates portrayal of Hulk where Hulk in that take was really a monster and actually ate several innocent people.

Joss's Hulk seems to be more in line with the original heroic but misunderstood version of the character.
With herolee10 here. If they didn't want him as a regular Avenger, I don't think they would have showed that Banner has control.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #268
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
With herolee10 here. If they didn't want him as a regular Avenger, I don't think they would have showed that Banner has control.
Friends there is control, and then there is CONTROL. Intiendes? I say recalibrate your expectations on this. Even Stan Lee knew that having a walking cluster bomb on the team was not the smartest thing. Whedon was never going to do an Ultimate styled Hulk for a mass market film for Marvel. But that in no way negates what I think either. Hulk is not now suddenly under Banner's total control. Is Whedon a master of heart wrenching reversals and tragic outcomes when it comes to his characters? Well then, I think we have our answer as to what happens to the Jade Giant.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:24 AM   #269
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

You know...as far as Hulk goes I'm going to go a ways back and reference Ang Lee's movie. There was that hallucinatory scene towards the end when Hulk blacks out and it has Banner shaving in the mirror only to have the reflection of the Hulk bust through and grab him. Back then I was thinking of how interesting it would have been to explore Bruce Banner having to metaphysically fight the beast within because of that little scene. I still hold that interest in the character of the Hulk in general and would like to see a sequel/Avengers Prequel with Mark Ruffalo showing us how he learned to get control of the Hulk.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #270
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Friends there is control, and then there is CONTROL. Intiendes? I say recalibrate your expectations on this. Even Stan Lee knew that having a walking cluster bomb on the team was not the smartest thing. Whedon was never going to do an Ultimate styled Hulk for a mass market film for Marvel. But that in no way negates what I think either. Hulk is not now suddenly under Banner's total control. Is Whedon a master of heart wrenching reversals and tragic outcomes when it comes to his characters? Well then, I think we have our answer as to what happens to the Jade Giant.
Even if the Hulk "leaves" the team at the end of AoU, he will be with the team again by the end of A3. Even Millar's Ultimates showed this. In the end, the Hulk shows up and smashes and the crowd goes wild.

Not that any of this really effects Thor. He is still bloody Thor and he has a different functionality in the group.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #271
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even if the Hulk "leaves" the team at the end of AoU, he will be with the team again by the end of A3. Even Millar's Ultimates showed this. In the end, the Hulk shows up and smashes and the crowd goes wild.

Not that any of this really effects Thor. He is still bloody Thor and he has a different functionality in the group.

Hey, I would love some more spotlight on The Thunderer in an Avengers movie. Hulk leaving would do that. But more to the point, having Hulk there is a bit antclimactic, cuz you just expect him to SMASH the problem to bits. Hulk is a tragic figure, and lord knows Whedon is known to build characters up, make them fan favorites and then pulls the rug out from under them, which all makes for great drama. Hulk is not going to be Superman in ripped pants out of the blue... Or green. It's just not the character. Plus, again, no Hulk means more Thor. I'd call that a win in this thread.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #272
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Hey, I would love some more spotlight on The Thunderer in an Avengers movie. Hulk leaving would do that. But more to the point, having Hulk there is a bit antclimactic, cuz you just expect him to SMASH the problem to bits. Hulk is a tragic figure, and lord knows Whedon is known to build characters up, make them fan favorites and then pulls the rug out from under them, which all makes for great drama. Hulk is not going to be Superman in ripped pants out of the blue... Or green. It's just not the character. Plus, again, no Hulk means more Thor. I'd call that a win in this thread.
Less Hulk does not mean more Thor. Again, different characters, different functionality in the group. In combat Thor is far more cultured, where as the Hulk is much more of a base bruiser. Thor is able to call upon skills, strategies and experience that the Hulk simply cannot not. There is also the fact that Thor has his own film series, while the Hulk doesn't, so it seem kinda of counterproductive to get rid of Bruce in the Avengers.

More importantly, the tragic nature of the Hulk is always there. As is the fact that Banner is a hero, who pulls through in the end. They go over this in The Avengers. He always smashes in the end. Also your base argument is flawed. You can't claim the Hulk smashing is anti-climatic, and then have Thor just start doing that.

On another note, I really hope TDW exmphasis Thor as a capable leader in combat. Especially if they are heading toward the King Thor idea.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #273
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Less Hulk does not mean more Thor. Again, different characters, different functionality in the group. In combat Thor is far more cultured, where as the Hulk is much more of a base bruiser. Thor is able to call upon skills, strategies and experience that the Hulk simply cannot not. There is also the fact that Thor has his own film series, while the Hulk doesn't, so it seem kinda of counterproductive to get rid of Bruce in the Avengers.

More importantly, the tragic nature of the Hulk is always there. As is the fact that Banner is a hero, who pulls through in the end. They go over this in The Avengers. He always smashes in the end. Also your base argument is flawed. You can't claim the Hulk smashing is anti-climatic, and then have Thor just start doing that.

On another note, I really hope TDW exmphasis Thor as a capable leader in combat. Especially if they are heading toward the King Thor idea.
I guess we'll all know in summer 2015 .

Old 09-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #274
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I guess we'll all know in summer 2015 .
How? We know the Avengers crew that will be in AoU.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #275
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
How? We know the Avengers crew that will be in AoU.

Yes. But my belief is Hulk will leave the team in Age of Ultron. I don't think he's not going to be in it. I just think circumstances will be such that he will not be a member of the team once the credits roll.

Closed Thread