The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #276
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yes. But my belief is Hulk will leave the team in Age of Ultron. I don't think he's not going to be in it. I just think circumstances will be such that he will not be a member of the team once the credits roll.
Which I believe is perfectly possible. I already mentioned that. And that by the end of A3 he will be back.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #277
seahammer
Asgardian

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Glad someone finally got a shot from this angle. You could barely make it out in the first standee pics.

Malekith looks great! I was admittedly 'meh' to Malekith as the main villain when first announced (compared to other potential Thor villains), but I'm really excited for the MCU version of the character now that the film is right around the corner. He's looking good!

I'm excited to see what Jason Aaron has in store for the character in the upcoming books, too.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
Old 09-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #278
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
It's amazing to me that the movie was shot in two months and has taken so many more in post production. Really makes you realize how important post production is.
It took over 4 months to film, early September into January. It's good they scheduled longer post-production, it'sbenificial for several reasons, like not rushing the VFX work (or any other aspect) which keeps cost down.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks
Old 09-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #279
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well if that were the case though, then he would have gone with the Ultimates portrayal of Hulk where Hulk in that take was really a monster and actually ate several innocent people.

Joss's Hulk seems to be more in line with the original heroic but misunderstood version of the character.
Hulk doesn't have to be the Ultimate version to still be considered a monster. 616 Hulk is still "a nice guy" at heart, but the Avengers never kept him aboard more than one and a half issues. I don't doubt that Joss may be taking Hulk into a new direction by making him a bona fide superhero that everyone looks up to (literally, I guess), but I kinda think it's inevitable that future filmmakers will go back to the "hunted Hulk" version.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #280
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
It took over 4 months to film, early September into January. It's good they scheduled longer post-production, it'sbenificial for several reasons, like not rushing the VFX work (or any other aspect) which keeps cost down.
I looked it up and you're right. My bad, but in my defense, the article did say that shooting only took 2 months. So this is only half my fault .

Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #281
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Hulk doesn't have to be the Ultimate version to still be considered a monster. 616 Hulk is still "a nice guy" at heart, but the Avengers never kept him aboard more than one and a half issues. I don't doubt that Joss may be taking Hulk into a new direction by making him a bona fide superhero that everyone looks up to (literally, I guess), but I kinda think it's inevitable that future filmmakers will go back to the "hunted Hulk" version.
I'm tired of that. Lets keep him as a hero, let hunted Hulk stay away for a bit.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #282
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Good shot of Volstagg in this one.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #283
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Good shot of Volstagg in this one.
Now that looks like the volstagg we all know and love

Old 09-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #284
Moonwing
Side-Kick

New Loki focused (I do understand why there is focus on him - but I do not like this) viral shunt will begin on twitter tomorrow Starting tomorrow your tweets can help #FreeLoki from his Asgardian prison. Stay tuned for more info! .

Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #285
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
New Loki focused (I do understand why there is focus on him - but I do not like this) viral shunt will begin on twitter tomorrow Starting tomorrow your tweets can help #FreeLoki from his Asgardian prison. Stay tuned for more info! .
Pa-a-a-a-ss

Old 09-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #286
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Marvel is definitely trying to ride the fangirl wave with this (that sounds dirty). I don't mind as long as it is good for Thor. Use what will work for viral marketing, I say.

I do agree that too much focus on Loki can detract from Thor in the long run, though. But for now, ride that wave.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
Old 09-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #287
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Marvel is definitely trying to ride the fangirl wave with this (that sounds dirty). I don't mind as long as it is good for Thor. Use what will work for viral marketing, I say.

I do agree that too much focus on Loki can detract from Thor in the long run, though. But for now, ride that wave.
As far as this movie goes, Loki has gotten much more media attention than Thor. It is a Thor movie.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #288
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
As far as this movie goes, Loki has gotten much more media attention than Thor. It is a Thor movie.
Yep, which is somehow disheartening. But it is good strategy from the marketing point. Like all Star Track marketing was Khan focused to the point I have never seen poster or billboard with Enterprise crew just Khan.

But the funny thing is that on facebook where this stunt was announced most reactions were "why on the earth would I want to fee him?!", but thats was before his "army" came with "free our lord, savior and king"!

Old 09-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #289
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Why can't Thor have an army? Can I join the Thor army? He just seems like he would take such better care of his followers. Also, I'm pretty sure, I might be wrong, but I think he's actually the good guy in the story.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #290
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why can't Thor have an army? Can I join the Thor army? He just seems like he would take such better care of his followers. Also, I'm pretty sure, I might be wrong, but I think he's actually the good guy in the story.
Tumblr crowd think otherwise(really, he is the villain there) and all latest TDW marketing was catering to Loki fangirls from whom tumblr crowd consist of. I am bitter right now, I know it, but sometimes I think it will be easier to name this movie Loki- The Dark Wold.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #291
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tumblr crowd think otherwise(really, he is the villain there) and all latest TDW marketing was catering to Loki fangirls from whom tumblr crowd consist of. I am bitter right now, I know it, but sometimes I think it will be easier to name this movie Loki- The Dark Wold.
: :

Old 09-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #292
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Also, I mentioned this a while back in "The Avengers" thread, but I personally feel that when it comes to Thor's position in the overall mythology of heroes that the MCU has established, he's pretty much like that "guardian angel" figure (ala Trump Card) that Earth has when it comes to defending against villainous forces.

I mean sure, you have the Hulk as well, but he's more of a wild card who seems to be more of a loner and someone that would only get involved when the situation calls for it.

Hell, I definitely like how there's this growing mystique about Thor when it comes to the perspectives of some of the other Marvel characters; I mean you have Alrich from Iron Man 3 noting on how things have never been quite the same since Thor arrived on Earth, and then you have the way that Coulson reinforces that belief whenever he mentions about Thor to anyone else on Earth.
Agreed, herolee.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #293
Farren
Side Kicker

I don't have a problem with lots of Loki marketing. Marketing =/= the movie.

My only issue will be if Loki is forced into a bigger role than he should have been based on the storyline. I love all the Odin Family Angst and I'm here for more Loki, but only if his presence is organic to the story.

I mean, I love Wolverine too, but that doesn't mean I like him stealing the show in every X-Men movie.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #294
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I don't have a problem with lots of Loki marketing. Marketing =/= the movie.

My only issue will be if Loki is forced into a bigger role than he should have been based on the storyline. I love all the Odin Family Angst and I'm here for more Loki, but only if his presence is organic to the story.

I mean, I love Wolverine too, but that doesn't mean I like him stealing the show in every X-Men movie.
hahhaa lol xD Well you'll be dissapointed because he's the one time travelling in X-Men: DOFP instead of Kitty Pride. F@*K SINGER

Old 09-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #295
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
hahhaa lol xD Well you'll be dissapointed because he's the one time travelling in X-Men: DOFP instead of Kitty Pride. F@*K SINGER
I stopped caring about X-Men movies a long time ago. The Avengers is the only superhero team up I need

Old 09-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #296
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I'm all for Loki getting a power up. Up until now and probably until I see TDW, all I see Loki as is the power behind the power. He's not the guy you want at your back in a fight, but he is the guy you want pulling the strings in something like a political power struggle because he knows how to do that kind of thing. As far as fighting went, he never really impressed me with that. If it wasn't for his army in Avengers, I felt like he wouldn't have been much of a threat. I'm not pulling from the comics at all, never read any of them. I'm sure he's all kinds of awesome in those, but just based on the movies, he has a great motive and wonderful, tense relationship with the hero as a villain, but as a threat, I wouldn't consider him all that great of one. So I'm happy to see him fighting and those few quick shots of him actually doing something physical and dirty in the trailers.

As for Thor, I think besides the thunder and lightning stuff, his strength really is muscle based. The war hammer is a strength weapon and that's the weapon he uses. He's strong, that's not all he is, but that's what he is.
I think I misunderstood what you were saying? When you said strengths, did you mean "assets" or actual physical strength? Like, how much one can lift, how hard one can punch?

If that's the case, then yes, I agree, Thor's physical strength is an attribute of his biology, if you will, his muscles.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #297
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think I misunderstood what you were saying? When you said strengths, did you mean "assets" or actual physical strength? Like, how much one can lift, how hard one can punch?

If that's the case, then yes, I agree, Thor's physical strength is an attribute of his biology, if you will, his muscles.
I meant strengths as in assets. His strength is his weapon and asset

Old 09-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #298
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I meant strengths as in assets. His strength is his weapon and asset
Oh then I disagree, respectfully. I think?????

I think that while it is AN asset, his main strengths (assets) are not his physical strength, but his powers. Hulks strengths (assets) are physical strength and brute force. We've seen thor show his physical strength, but his best assets are most definitely his super powers (weather, lightning, etc). He just happens to be strong, which he uses in battle.

But his main assets, his best assets are his super powers. In my opinion, his 3 most impressive feats, had nothing to do with his strength. Destroying a chunk of jotenheim with a lightning charged hammer strike, the tornaado, and blowing up two dragon bird ships with a blast of lightning. While Thor has had some impressive strength feats, they definitely take bake seat to his "heavy artillery", as they should. He's The God of Thunder, not strength

Wait, am I just repeating, essentially what you were saying? The context of the word "strength" has got me confused lol

Old 09-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #299
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh then I disagree, respectfully. I think that while it is AN asset, his main strengths (assets) are not his physical strength, but his powers. Hulks strengths (assets) are physical strength and brute force. We've seen thor show his physical strength, but his best assets are most definitely his super powers (weather, lightning, etc). He just happens to be strong, which he uses in battle.

But his main assets, his best assets are his super powers. In my opinion, his 3 most impressive feats, had nothing to do with his strength. Destroying a chunk of jotenheim with a lightning charged hammer strike, the tornaado, and blowing up two dragon bird ships with a blast of lightning. While Thor has had some impressive strength feats, they definitely take bake seat to his "heavy artillery", as they should. He's The God of Thunder, not strength
I see where you're coming from but I can't help but disagree that strength isn't his main thing. It's his bread and butter, the thunder and lightning is the frills and extra goodness. Hulk is like 100% strength based. Thor would fall, I think, as a good 60-70% strength based with the rest being his thunder. Especially in the Avengers, it seemed he swung the hammer around more often than he hit stuff with thunder.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #300
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wait, am I just repeating, essentially what you were saying? The context of the word "strength" has got me confused lol
um....wait, now I'm confused...