The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #301
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,189
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -


TeeKay is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #302
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Close your mouth when you chew

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #303
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 972
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
My only issue will be if Loki is forced into a bigger role than he should have been based on the storyline. I love all the Odin Family Angst and I'm here for more Loki, but only if his presence is organic to the story.
^^ This.

I love Loki, he's one of my favorite Marvel villains, but I don't want him shoehorned in just to please a relative few. It would be unfair to the movie and a waste of the character.

Aging Fangirl is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #304
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
He's The God of Thunder, not strength
The original is associated with both thunder and strength though (and fertility, and some other things). I do agree that his most powerful assets are other things than his strength though, as extreme as that is.

Mjölnir is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #305
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 15,120
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I stopped caring about X-Men movies a long time ago. The Avengers is the only superhero team up I need
Yeah! Fudge those stinking dirty muties!!

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #306
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
^^ This.

I love Loki, he's one of my favorite Marvel villains, but I don't want him shoehorned in just to please a relative few. It would be unfair to the movie and a waste of the character.
Have you seen the Loki hordes? They are terrifying in their numbers. I can't wait to get a break from Loki in AoU if only in the hope that maybe his vast army's numbers dwindle a bit.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #307
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah! Fudge those stinking dirty muties!!
Woo!!!

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #308
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 1,607
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I don't have a problem with lots of Loki marketing. Marketing =/= the movie.

My only issue will be if Loki is forced into a bigger role than he should have been based on the storyline. I love all the Odin Family Angst and I'm here for more Loki, but only if his presence is organic to the story.

I mean, I love Wolverine too, but that doesn't mean I like him stealing the show in every X-Men movie.
I agree with this, Farren.

I don't have a problem with the advertising taking advantage of Loki's considerable popularity. Let's face it, he's had as much (or more) screen time in the MCU as Thor has so far. I'm a Thor fan, not a Loki fan, but I'm not worried about marketing doing its job by playing up Loki's presence. In fact, if Chris Hemsworth had been at SDCC/D23 instead of Tom Hiddleston, I wouldn't even have noticed that the Loki-factor is so great.

Now, if I watch T:TDW in November and walk out of the theater feeling like I just watched a Loki movie, I will have a much different reaction (one that involves cursing, belly-aching, extreme disappoint as a Thor loyalist, fanboy-boycott-threats, lamenting, gnashing of teeth, and so on...)

__________________
The World Still Needs Heroes

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #309
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 1,607
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Have you seen the Loki hordes? They are terrifying in their numbers. I can't wait to get a break from Loki in AoU if only in the hope that maybe his vast army's numbers dwindle a bit.
I agree with this, Sombra. I wouldn't have minded it if Loki had been absent from T:TDW, but it looks like they made him a central part of the story. It's okay by me, but I'll be fine if we don't see him for awhile after this one.

__________________
The World Still Needs Heroes

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #310
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,189
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Close your mouth when you chew
Sorry

TeeKay is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #311
Thor Odinson
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 340
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah! Fudge those stinking dirty muties!!
Racist!


Thor Odinson is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #312
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I see where you're coming from but I can't help but disagree that strength isn't his main thing. It's his bread and butter, the thunder and lightning is the frills and extra goodness. Hulk is like 100% strength based. Thor would fall, I think, as a good 60-70% strength based with the rest being his thunder. Especially in the Avengers, it seemed he swung the hammer around more often than he hit stuff with thunder.
Well he did, but, hm, I guess what I am trying to say, is that it's his, MO, in a symbolic sort of way. I suppose. When I think of any combat related feats that define Thor, I think of his bigger, power related feats, like winds from 1000 worlds, KO'ing Hulk with lightning, the famous Exitar moment. More so the god of thunder aspect. I get what you are saying. That he chooses to use his strength more often than not, because that's who he is, a warrior. I guess what I am trying to say, when it comes to Thor and defining him by his offensive, it's his powers that come to mind for me. Thor is a warrior, and may brawl more often then resort to his other powers, but Thor, in terms of a fight, is always defined by his weather and lightning powers, in my eyes.

It really is a matter of perception, and that's how I see him, and you see him your way, so we can agree to disagree on that Cause it's very difficult to explain what I was thinking into words lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
um....wait, now I'm confused...
I don't know haha, we'll just let that slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Don't people usually post these when there is a heated discussion/argument going on? We were just discussing a different opinion, casually, nothing heated about what was going on here dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Have you seen the Loki hordes? They are terrifying in their numbers. I can't wait to get a break from Loki in AoU if only in the hope that maybe his vast army's numbers dwindle a bit.
I wouldn't mind Loki being cut back, I do love the character and Tom's performance, it's more of the mindless fangirls that get irritating, so I am ready for a break from Loki in AoU for damn sure.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #313
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Well he did, but, hm, I guess what I am trying to say, is that it's his, MO, in a symbolic sort of way. I suppose. When I think of any combat related feats that define Thor, I think of his bigger, power related feats, like winds from 1000 worlds, KO'ing Hulk with lightning, the famous Exitar moment. More so the god of thunder aspect. I get what you are saying. That he chooses to use his strength more often than not, because that's who he is, a warrior. I guess what I am trying to say, when it comes to Thor and defining him by his offensive, it's his powers that come to mind for me. Thor is a warrior, and may brawl more often then resort to his other powers, but Thor, in terms of a fight, is always defined by his weather and lightning powers, in my eyes.

It really is a matter of perception, and that's how I see him, and you see him your way, so we can agree to disagree on that Cause it's very difficult to explain what I was thinking into words lol




I don't know haha, we'll just let that slide.



Don't people usually post these when there is a heated discussion/argument going on? We were just discussing a different opinion, casually, nothing heated about what was going on here dude



I wouldn't mind Loki being cut back, I do love the character and Tom's performance, it's more of the mindless fangirls that get irritating, so I am ready for a break from Loki in AoU for damn sure.
So what we're really saying here is that we both think we're both right and the other is kind of right too...Well, okay

Yeah, TeeKay. This isn't even close to heated, this entire time, I've been discussing this with a smile on my face. I love discussing people's opinions especially when we have different opinions because it gives me the opportunity to see things in a new way.

I can't hate too much on fangirls because I was one at one point when I was like 13. Not for Thor, it was Inuyasha back then. So I can see how you might get fixated on something. That being said, crazy fangirls make me grind my teeth and I like to think I never fangirled quite so bad as some of the crazy Loki girls.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #314
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
So what we're really saying here is that we both think we're both right and the other is kind of right too...Well, okay

Yeah, TeeKay. This isn't even close to heated, this entire time, I've been discussing this with a smile on my face. I love discussing people's opinions especially when we have different opinions because it gives me the opportunity to see things in a new way.

I can't hate too much on fangirls because I was one at one point when I was like 13. Not for Thor, it was Inuyasha back then. So I can see how you might get fixated on something. That being said, crazy fangirls make me grind my teeth and I like to think I never fangirled quite so bad as some of the crazy Loki girls.
There were a few fangirls here months ago, that essentially got driven off the boards, but I explained why his fangirls drove me crazy. Thor fan, first and foremost. I hated Villains, thought they all deserved an ass kicking.

But when I actually got into comics, and started reading and following along with arcs, and ultimately continuity, being a Thor fan, Loki was the one who was always there, and that character made me look at Villains differently, and made me start looking at other characters (Thanos is probably my favorite character in Marvel). Loki was the character who got me into villains, so seeing fangirls gush over a character, making stuff up without regards to what is going on, or the source material, feels like a slap in my childhood. That's why I can't stand Loki fangirls in particular, cause despite how they act, a lot of them seem to indirectly have no respect for the character, or the source material.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #315
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
There were a few fangirls here months ago, that essentially got driven off the boards, but I explained why his fangirls drove me crazy. Thor fan, first and foremost. I hated Villains, thought they all deserved an ass kicking.

But when I actually got into comics, and started reading and following along with arcs, and ultimately continuity, being a Thor fan, Loki was the one who was always there, and that character made me look at Villains differently, and made me start looking at other characters (Thanos is probably my favorite character in Marvel). Loki was the character who got me into villains, so seeing fangirls gush over a character, making stuff up without regards to what is going on, or the source material, feels like a slap in my childhood. That's why I can't stand Loki fangirls in particular, cause despite how they act, a lot of them seem to indirectly have no respect for the character, or the source material.
Okay, first:

this is a thanks for all those who drove off the Loki Crazies. I thought I was just incredibly lucky that they weren't here. I didn't realize they had been actively ostracized. I don't mind Loki fans. Loki Crazies drive me nucking futs. So, thank you for that

And, I haven't been a Thor fan for long and I can't stand what the Loki Crazies do to Loki. Like the Thorki shippers? *shudder*. I'm respectful of people's ships, whatever floats your boat (no pun intended) but I can't stand that. And it's not because they're both men, that's fine. Whatever. It's that they're BROTHERS!!! Did everyone just conveniently forget that? 'but they aren't really related!' YES THEY ARE! That was the entire point of the first movie, that Loki missed the point that Thor and his family still loved him despite being adopted. A fact Thor tried to remind him of in the Avengers.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #316
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,189
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
So what we're really saying here is that we both think we're both right and the other is kind of right too...Well, okay

Yeah, TeeKay. This isn't even close to heated, this entire time, I've been discussing this with a smile on my face. I love discussing people's opinions especially when we have different opinions because it gives me the opportunity to see things in a new way.

I can't hate too much on fangirls because I was one at one point when I was like 13. Not for Thor, it was Inuyasha back then. So I can see how you might get fixated on something. That being said, crazy fangirls make me grind my teeth and I like to think I never fangirled quite so bad as some of the crazy Loki girls.
I know, I just love the discussions that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Well he did, but, hm, I guess what I am trying to say, is that it's his, MO, in a symbolic sort of way. I suppose. When I think of any combat related feats that define Thor, I think of his bigger, power related feats, like winds from 1000 worlds, KO'ing Hulk with lightning, the famous Exitar moment. More so the god of thunder aspect. I get what you are saying. That he chooses to use his strength more often than not, because that's who he is, a warrior. I guess what I am trying to say, when it comes to Thor and defining him by his offensive, it's his powers that come to mind for me. Thor is a warrior, and may brawl more often then resort to his other powers, but Thor, in terms of a fight, is always defined by his weather and lightning powers, in my eyes.

It really is a matter of perception, and that's how I see him, and you see him your way, so we can agree to disagree on that Cause it's very difficult to explain what I was thinking into words lol




I don't know haha, we'll just let that slide.



Don't people usually post these when there is a heated discussion/argument going on? We were just discussing a different opinion, casually, nothing heated about what was going on here dude


I wouldn't mind Loki being cut back, I do love the character and Tom's performance, it's more of the mindless fangirls that get irritating, so I am ready for a break from Loki in AoU for damn sure.
Yeah they do but in this context it means I'm enjoying what you guys are talking about because I don't any real knowledge of these comic book characters. So from your discussions I'm actually learning something, so great job guys. Keep it up.

TeeKay is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #317
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Okay, first:

this is a thanks for all those who drove off the Loki Crazies. I thought I was just incredibly lucky that they weren't here. I didn't realize they had been actively ostracized. I don't mind Loki fans. Loki Crazies drive me nucking futs. So, thank you for that

And, I haven't been a Thor fan for long and I can't stand what the Loki Crazies do to Loki. Like the Thorki shippers? *shudder*. I'm respectful of people's ships, whatever floats your boat (no pun intended) but I can't stand that. And it's not because they're both men, that's fine. Whatever. It's that they're BROTHERS!!! Did everyone just conveniently forget that? 'but they aren't really related!' YES THEY ARE! That was the entire point of the first movie, that Loki missed the point that Thor and his family still loved him despite being adopted. A fact Thor tried to remind him of in the Avengers.
See like, they say it's Odin's fault Loki is the way he is, and that he is missunderstood, from Thor 1. But I disagree. Loki was always, and was always going to be Loki. it was there. It was hinted at subtly. "Loki was always one for mischief" "you're a talented liar brother, always have been"....letting the frost giants in at the beginning of the movie...I'm sorry, but yeah, it was a "bit of fun", but if you think letting an enemy army into asgard, during a kings coronation, is "fun", then there is definitely some evil/darkness inside of you. One of them even said, Loki was more fit to be a king at the beginning of the movie than Thor was, since Thor wanted to go to Jotenheim, and Loki didn't want to. Apparently they couldn't realize that most of that movie was a manipulative scheme by Loki. He tricked Thor into wanting to go to Jotenheim, and indirectly provoked him, that's what Loki does. They took Loki's classic character, and MADE HIM MORE RELATABLE, that's all. He is still Loki, was still the classic evil trickster loki at the start of that movie. The whole parent thing was just his justification for who he is. That's how I see Loki. Loki was never "good" in that movie, besides when he was a little kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I know, I just love the discussions that's all.



Yeah they do but in this context it means I'm enjoying what you guys are talking about because I don't any real knowledge of these comic book characters. So from your discussions I'm actually learning something, so great job guys. Keep it up.
Well, it's the perfect time with the new NOW! comics to start subscribing, Thor: God of Thunder is one hell of a read, and I highly suggest you pick it up

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #318
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
See like, they say it's Odin's fault Loki is the way he is, and that he is missunderstood, from Thor 1. But I disagree. Loki was always, and was always going to be Loki. it was there. It was hinted at subtly. "Loki was always one for mischief" "you're a talented liar brother, always have been"....letting the frost giants in at the beginning of the movie...I'm sorry, but yeah, it was a "bit of fun", but if you think letting an enemy army into asgard, during a kings coronation, is "fun", then there is definitely some evil/darkness inside of you. One of them even said, Loki was more fit to be a king at the beginning of the movie than Thor was, since Thor wanted to go to Jotenheim, and Loki didn't want to. Apparently they couldn't realize that most of that movie was a manipulative scheme by Loki. He tricked Thor into wanting to go to Jotenheim, and indirectly provoked him, that's what Loki does. They took Loki's classic character, and MADE HIM MORE RELATABLE, that's all. He is still Loki, was still the classic evil trickster loki at the start of that movie. The whole parent thing was just his justification for who he is. That's how I see Loki. Loki was never "good" in that movie, besides when he was a little kid.
I know! Right! I don't like all the hate Odin gets, like it's somehow his fault Loki couldn't handle the truth of his parentage. I think Odin did the best he could and Loki's just naturally a bad guy. Bad guy is probably the wrong word. He's a mischievous guy. There's a slight difference. And in Thor, the whole reason Loki let in the frost giant's at the end and everything was him trying to prove himself to daddy. It's just that the way he did it was wrong but it was in his nature to do the right thing the wrong way.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #319
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I know! Right! I don't like all the hate Odin gets, like it's somehow his fault Loki couldn't handle the truth of his parentage. I think Odin did the best he could and Loki's just naturally a bad guy. Bad guy is probably the wrong word. He's a mischievous guy. There's a slight difference. And in Thor, the whole reason Loki let in the frost giant's at the end and everything was him trying to prove himself to daddy. It's just that the way he did it was wrong but it was in his nature to do the right thing the wrong way.
don't forget he let them in at the beginning too, to "ruin his brothers big day"

It was more than JUST him trying to prove himself to daddy, how I saw it anyway. It wasn't only that, it seemed pretty clear he does want to rule, probably to prove it to Odin, and to himself. He wanted to spite Thor, hell, he tried to kill him, and he DID, fortunately Odin happened to wakeup. The whole "I could do it father, for you, for all of us", despite everything that happened, and based on what I know of the character, I wouldn't take it at face value, it was Loki trying to just use his words to work his way out, show innocence, trying to make it seem like he was JUST trying to prove himself, but Odin simply says "no Loki", which in turn makes Loki realize that he can't weasel his way out of this one. As soon as Odin says no, you can see it in Loki's face, the anger, the hate, an expression that hatefully says "okay then". There was more to Loki's plans then JUST trying to prove himself to Odin.

It was a mix of trying to prove himself to Odin, his Hatred towards Thor, and a subconscious desire for power, all because he most likely felt different, and like he didn't belong (because he is a frost giant, he later learns), and because he is jealous of Thor. It's typical Loki, even from the source material. They just made him a more relatable villain.

But by the time Thor: The Dark World roles around, it goes beyond all this. He's an evil person now.

__________________
hi

Last edited by jaqua99; 09-02-2013 at 08:18 PM.
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #320
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It was more than JUST him trying to prove himself to daddy, how I saw it anyway. It wasn't only that, it seemed pretty clear he does want to rule, probably to prove it to Odin, and to himself. He wanted to spite Thor, hell, he tried to kill him, and he DID, fortunately Odin happened to wakeup. The whole "I could do it father, for you, for all of us", despite everything that happened, and based on what I know of the character, I wouldn't take it at face value, it was Loki trying to just use his words to work his way out, show innocence, trying to make it seem like he was JUST trying to prove himself, but Odin simply says "no Loki", which in turn makes Loki realize that he can't weasel his way out of this one. As soon as Odin says no, you can see it in Loki's face, the anger, the hate, an expression that hatefully says "okay then". There was more to Loki's plans then JUST trying to prove himself to Odin.

It was a mix of trying to prove himself to Odin, his Hatred towards Thor, and a subconscious desire for power, all because he most likely felt different, and like he didn't belong (because he is a frost giant, he later learns), and because he is jealous of Thor.
I got the feeling that when he shot Laufey, and said 'and your's came at the hands of the Son of Odin' that at that moment, he was expressing what he really felt. 'screw you guy, Odin is my dad, trollol'. And when he was hanging he said 'I could have done it father...' he was being really honest and misunderstood when Odin said 'No, Loki.' It felt like a slap to the face and that's why he let go. And he's been trying to become king of something since because that's how he felt he could prove himself to Odin in his own twisted logic. That's just the feeling I got anyway.

Basically, he's got daddy issues. And his perceived favoritism of Odin to Thor is what made him hate Thor. Everything he's been doing, in the MCU anyway, I got the feeling that he was doing in some weird way to please Odin and make himself a worthy son. Which was why when Odin called him Laufeyson in the prelude comic, it hit him so hard. He still saw himself as Odin's son.

That's just my opinion anyway.

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #321
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I got the feeling that when he shot Laufey, and said 'and your's came at the hands of the Son of Odin' that at that moment, he was expressing what he really felt. 'screw you guy, Odin is my dad, trollol'. And when he was hanging he said 'I could have done it father...' he was being really honest and misunderstood when Odin said 'No, Loki.' It felt like a slap to the face and that's why he let go. And he's been trying to become king of something since because that's how he felt he could prove himself to Odin in his own twisted logic. That's just the feeling I got anyway.

Basically, he's got daddy issues. And his perceived favoritism of Odin to Thor is what made him hate Thor. Everything he's been doing, in the MCU anyway, I got the feeling that he was doing in some weird way to please Odin and make himself a worthy son. Which was why when Odin called him Laufeyson in the prelude comic, it hit him so hard. He still saw himself as Odin's son.

That's just my opinion anyway.
Yes, to an extent, though. Even though Thanos does everything he does for Death's love, it's more than that, it's because he is lost, and trying to find himself. Loki definitely had some insecurities, and more than likely felt different. All this was there, destined to happen, the whole find out he is a frost giant thing is what set him off the deep end. Obviously he will be still attached to Odin, the man raised him, and was his "father" for over 1,000 years, so there will be something.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #322
Sombra112
Side-Kick
 
Sombra112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The hearts of those who Love without reservation
Posts: 734
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yes, to an extent, though. Even though Thanos does everything he does for Death's love, it's more than that, it's because he is lost, and trying to find himself. Loki definitely had some insecurities, and more than likely felt different. All this was there, destined to happen, the whole find out he is a frost giant thing is what set him off the deep end. Obviously he will be still attached to Odin, the man raised him, and was his "father" for over 1,000 years, so there will be something.
Agreed

__________________
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sombra112 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #323
LadyGeek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
I agree with this, Farren.

I don't have a problem with the advertising taking advantage of Loki's considerable popularity. Let's face it, he's had as much (or more) screen time in the MCU as Thor has so far. I'm a Thor fan, not a Loki fan, but I'm not worried about marketing doing its job by playing up Loki's presence. In fact, if Chris Hemsworth had been at SDCC/D23 instead of Tom Hiddleston, I wouldn't even have noticed that the Loki-factor is so great.

Now, if I watch T:TDW in November and walk out of the theater feeling like I just watched a Loki movie, I will have a much different reaction (one that involves cursing, belly-aching, extreme disappoint as a Thor loyalist, fanboy-boycott-threats, lamenting, gnashing of teeth, and so on...)
LOL! I hope you won't be disappointed in the film; all that belly-aching sounds painful!

I don't think it's going to be a Loki movie. It will be Thor's story, and Thor's story naturally includes Loki. As a huge fan of MCU Loki, I'm happy to see him represented so much in the marketing, but it surprises me--especially that he got the same amount of Empire covers as Thor. (Not that I'm complaining!) I don't think Loki will have as large a role in the movie as some think/fear.

LadyGeek is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #324
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 15,120
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I think Loki is kind of a package deal when it comes to Marvel's Thor mythos. I think, no matter the length of the story arc, how much the creative teams tinker or change things, it's always going to come back to the sibling rivalry between the Thor and his "step" brother. I kind of wouldn't have it any other way. I feel that Thor has such a great group of supporting characters, and they all sort of feel necessary to me. Like I've said before, with Superman, Batman, Spidey, I feel you can do great stories with all of them, who knows, perhaps even feature films without their supporting characters. With Thor, it's not that he himself can't handle the dramatic load himself, I just would feel cheated if the other members of his cast were not involved. Perhaps it's because, in my view, Thor's best tales are ones involving Asgard/The Nine Realms. There are some fine stories of Thor on Earth, and cosmic Thor tales for sure, but he best suited for telling grand adventures with his fellow gods I think. Loki is part and parcel of that.

That does not mean I think that Loki needs to be involved with every film, nor that he should get more sceentime and character development that takes away from giving Thor or others more spotlight. I mean, the name of the movie/comic is Thor afterall.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #325
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Loki / Tom are great hype for TDW at this stage and as it gets closer to the release date and Hemsworth has finished filming his current movie and is able to do promotional work, they'll wheel him out and really ramp up the marketing.

itchyscratch is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.