The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #326
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
LOL! I hope you won't be disappointed in the film; all that belly-aching sounds painful!

I don't think it's going to be a Loki movie. It will be Thor's story, and Thor's story naturally includes Loki. As a huge fan of MCU Loki, I'm happy to see him represented so much in the marketing, but it surprises me--especially that he got the same amount of Empire covers as Thor. (Not that I'm complaining!) I don't think Loki will have as large a role in the movie as some think/fear.
Yeah, I'm not too worried. It would take a pretty extreme imbalance to make me feel this way, and I agree that they are just harnessing Loki's popularity for to help sell the movie, which fine. And don't get me wrong, I have no problem that he has a substantial role in the movie, because it looks like it makes sense in for the story.

I've been fine with everything so far, from previous films to marketing for this one. I really don't see myself being disappointed in this.

EDIT: @ KRYPTON and itchyscratch: agreed and agreed.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
Old 09-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #327
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

i wonder what they mean by tweeting to free loki.. is there another trailer in the near future?

Old 09-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #328
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
i wonder what they mean by tweeting to free loki.. is there another trailer in the near future?
I hope so.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #329
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Okay, first:

this is a thanks for all those who drove off the Loki Crazies. I thought I was just incredibly lucky that they weren't here. I didn't realize they had been actively ostracized. I don't mind Loki fans. Loki Crazies drive me nucking futs. So, thank you for that

And, I haven't been a Thor fan for long and I can't stand what the Loki Crazies do to Loki. Like the Thorki shippers? *shudder*. I'm respectful of people's ships, whatever floats your boat (no pun intended) but I can't stand that. And it's not because they're both men, that's fine. Whatever. It's that they're BROTHERS!!! Did everyone just conveniently forget that? 'but they aren't really related!' YES THEY ARE! That was the entire point of the first movie, that Loki missed the point that Thor and his family still loved him despite being adopted. A fact Thor tried to remind him of in the Avengers.
Astounding level of tolerance here...

Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #330
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
Astounding level of tolerance here...
Tolerance doesn't need to extend to things that are morally, biologically, and genetically repugnant. Nobody's saying there's anything at all wrong with 'shipping gay fanstories; but 'shipping *incest* fanstories is just flat-out repulsive. Any fangirl/fanboy who gets off on that deserves to be ostracized. And institutionalized.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #331
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Tolerance doesn't need to extend to things that are morally, biologically, and genetically repugnant. Nobody's saying there's anything at all wrong with 'shipping gay fanstories; but 'shipping *incest* fanstories is just flat-out repulsive. Any fangirl/fanboy who gets off on that deserves to be ostracized. And institutionalized.
Okay, I should have made myself more clear or cropped the quote.
I took offend to the "luckily these fangirls were ostracized here" context, not with the dislike of shipping (which is anybody's own business, even if it involves incest; these are fictional characters after all, they can't get offended by being portrayed as such and they can't spread diseases by incestual breeding since they don't exist).
It leaves a very sour taste in my mouth to read such vitriol amongst people in the same fandom, no matter who they like and for what reason.

Last edited by SimiOfDoom; 09-03-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typos, typos everywhere
Old 09-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #332
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I took offend to the "luckily these fangirls were ostracized here" context, not with the dislike of shipping (which is anybody's own business, even if it involves incest; these are fictional characters after all, they can't get offended by being portrayed as such and they can't spread diseases by incestual breeding since they don't exist).
It leaves a very sour taste in my mouth to read such vitriol amongst people in the same fandom, no matter who they like and for what reason.

They were not ostracized. One in particular completely took over the entire Thor board, while the other was merely just an enthusiastic fan.

it was clear that no one else wanted to post because of all the posts that were being made. That, and the fact that she was very stubborn with Loki, and blew up the threads daily and refusing to see other's perspectives seemed to "aggravate" some posters, to the point that there were about 3-4 active posters in the Thor threads for a few months, no one else really posted. Occasionally a few would come in, and tell how it was, to which she would get defensive. She didn't really seem to fully understand what is generally accepted as.. forum conduct..if I had to chose a word. She basically just said, too bad, I essentially have every right to do what I want here, and nothing you can do will stop me.. if you will. Eventually she left because she felt she was treated rudely by some posters, which she was. But she brought it on herself. I tried to be a middle man for a while and play from both sides, but it got too out of hand. I don't think she realized, despite no one saying anything, it was clear MULTIPLE posters wanted nothing to do with the Thor boards because of that one poster. She was enthusiastic, but she brought everything onto herself, completely...she was "driven off"

Last edited by jaqua99; 09-03-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #333
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
They were not ostracized. One in particular completely took over the entire Thor board, while the other was merely just an enthusiastic fan.

it was clear that no one else wanted to post because of all the posts that were being made. That, and the fact that she was very stubborn with Loki, and blew up the threads daily and refusing to see other's perspectives seemed to "aggravate" some posters, to the point that there were about 3-4 active posters in the Thor threads for a few months, no one else really posted. Occasionally a few would come in, and tell how it was, to which she would get defensive. She didn't really seem to fully understand what is generally accepted as.. forum conduct..if I had to chose a word. She basically just said, too bad, I essentially have every right to do what I want here, and nothing you can do will stop me.. if you will. Eventually she left because she felt she was treated rudely by some posters, which she was. But she brought it on herself. I tried to be a middle man for a while and play from both sides, but it got too out of hand. I don't think she realized, despite no one saying anything, it was clear MULTIPLE posters wanted nothing to do with the Thor boards because of that one poster. She was enthusiastic, but she brought everything onto herself, completely...she was "driven off"
Okay, I think I know who you talk about and I also saw the problem at the time. And if a poster just doesn't get into the conversation and leave that is fine too. Everything about that is fine.

What actually made me log in and post instead of just lurking was the poster that said they were happy that "these crazy fangirls were shooed away". It is the mindset that some fans are somehow worth less than others that bothers me. :/
Of course there are sometimes "problem users" and the like, but discriminating people for liking a character is.. I dunno, wrong, I think. No matter who that character is, villian, hero, extra that had one line in the movie. Being openly happy that someone left is needlessly mean imo...

Last edited by SimiOfDoom; 09-03-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #334
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
My guess is, if anything, a movie clip

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #335
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well said, and I agree with you fully.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #336
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay, I think I know who you talk about and I also saw the problem at the time. And if a poster just doesn't get into the conversation and leave that is fine too. Everything about that is fine.

What actually made me log in and post instead of just lurking was the poster that said they were happy that "these crazy fangirls were shooed away". It is the mindset that some fans are somehow worth less than others that bothers me. :/
Of course there are sometimes "problem users" and the like, but discriminating people for liking a character is.. I dunno, wrong, I think. No matter who that character is, villian, hero, extra that had one line in the movie. Being openly happy that someone left is needlessly mean imo...
And I agree fully with this as well. I started lurking here about the same time as the "problem poster" and I found her posts generally interesting. She brought a lot to the table and I miss her posts.

I did see that the poster often monopolized threads in her enthusiasm and I could see where that would be frustrating to other posters, but it's also annoying to open up a Thor post and see endless discussions of MOS. It's really up to a moderator, I think, to handle a consistent problem so posters don't have to police each other.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #337
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

That other poster who said that is only a month new. They weren't here, that's just how she took my words, which I didn't explain the situation (the problem at the time, you are referring to) Don't take what Sombra112 said personally, cause she was just referring to what I was talking about, I just wasn't clear about it.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #338
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

To get back on topic, Jaqua, what are you looking forward to in The Dark World? As for me, I'm looking forward to everything! How about you, Simi?!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #339
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry what I posted offended you . I didn't mean it to. I don't mind fangirls or just fans in general, I really don't. If there weren't so many fans of a genre we wouldn't get so many good movies. I didn't mean it to be taken that way.

It's just that we bring these characters to life in our minds, that's half the fun. If we didn't, what would be the point of this? Almost every discussion, argument, and theory on here could be settled with a simple 'they don't really exist, so it doesn't matter'. But that would ruin it. We put something of ourselves into these people, even the villains. Seeing them perverted and twisted and ruined in these ways kind of makes me sad. That's all I meant. So sorry

Last edited by Sombra112; 09-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #340
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Sorry what I posted offended you . I didn't mean it to. I don't mind fangirls or just fans in general, I really don't. If there weren't so many fans of a genre we wouldn't get so many good movies. I didn't mean it to be taken that way.

It's just that we bring these characters to life in our minds, that's half the fun. If we didn't, what would be the point of this? Almost every discussion, argument, and theory on here could be settled with a simple 'they don't really exist, so it doesn't matter'. But that would ruin it. We put something of ourselves into these people, even the villains. Seeing them perverted and twisted and ruined in these ways kind of makes me sad. That's all I meant. So sorry
Thank you, my first and foremost concern is that people in a fandom should not fight spitefully.

It's totally fine to have different opinions and all; hell, I see the problem people have with shipping in whatever matter. It's a fandom thing many people enjoy and many others find creepy. Nobody should be forced to like something they don't want.

What bothers me is the generalization against parts of the fandom which for some reason is blooming right now (not just here...). But okay, on with the topic discussion, again, thank you!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #341
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

And apparently the FreeLoki thing is for the chance to win a Loki t-shirt signed by Tom:
Quote:
Thor: The Dark World ‏@ThorMovies
Tweet #FreeLokiSweeps to help free the Trickster God from his Asgardian prison for a chance to win a #Loki t-shirt signed by @twhiddleston!
Official Rules: https://www.facebook.com/notes/thor/...63876136981926

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #342
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
To get back on topic, Jaqua, what are you looking forward to in The Dark World? As for me, I'm looking forward to everything! How about you, Simi?!
Asgard. Thor vs Kurse, the most. And if this movie is indeed a lead into a Surtur saga, or if Surtur in fact does have a presence, then my most anticipated aspect would be seeing the seeds to Surtur being planted

Old 09-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #343
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I want to see Kurse in action...and Thor being a boss

Old 09-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #344
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

I really want to see Loki take his shirt off...

I'm kidding. I want to see epic fights and magic and powerful weapons and the type of stuff that we grew up loving about comic books - the other-worldliness.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #345
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

@jaqua: sorry, I didn't see your post when I posted the last response. Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote:
Yeah, back to topic, sorry. I am interested in where the characters will be after this. Especially what Hemsworth said about having what one wanted, but not necessarily wanting it anymore. (and Odins reaction to that, actually)

Old 09-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #346
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
And apparently the FreeLoki thing is for the chance to win a Loki t-shirt signed by Tom:

Official Rules: https://www.facebook.com/notes/thor/...63876136981926
Hmmm thats all?! Than everything is o.k. they just pleasing twitter (and US by the way as only US and Canada residents can participate) fangirls. Nothing like Loki only clip or Loki focused trailer.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #347
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
It's from Chaos War, Ironstar.
Is it worth the read or is all continually is throw out the window?

Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #348
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Is it worth the read or is all continually is throw out the window?
It's an ok story, really. I don't see any problems with continuity, but you're not missing anything, imo.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #349
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, back to topic, sorry. I am interested in where the characters will be after this. Especially what Hemsworth said about having what one wanted, but not necessarily wanting it anymore. (and Odins reaction to that, actually)
Yes, it will be interesting to see how the characters develop in this film; I hope it's very character oriented. I think Hemsworth is fabulous as Thor and want to see more of his personal journey to maturity.

As others mentioned, I too am looking forward to the Kurse smackdowns. I'm actually glad we haven't seen any of that in the previews because I hate seeing everything good beforehand.

. . . and, Cosmic-Pinchy, I won't complain if Loki does take his shirt off! But I'll settle for him taking his boots off (and hitting Thor with them?).

Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #350
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

New standee of malekith on cbm. His face isn't half burned or whatever though. I wonder what's up with them switching his facial look all the time?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Closed Thread