The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #351
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Okay, first:

this is a thanks for all those who drove off the Loki Crazies. I thought I was just incredibly lucky that they weren't here. I didn't realize they had been actively ostracized. I don't mind Loki fans. Loki Crazies drive me nucking futs. So, thank you for that
I saw your post this morning, had to rush off for work and didn't have time to respond.

Sombra, fact of the matter is that these 'Loki Crazies' were - if I'm guessing correctly - two extremely enthusiastic posters who did not deserve the level of rudeness and vitriol they encountered here. True they enjoyed speculation to the extreme, but they also came up with interesting theories (one of them even putting a storyboard together based on scene clapperboard numbers). Thanks to that same person, I could always count on coming here and getting up to the minute Thor news. Now I visit her website daily for updates that show up hours, sometimes days later here. You can thank the ones who 'drove off the Loki crazies' for that.

This site should be big enough to accommodate a variety of dissenting opinions without people getting bent out of shape (I know, I know, welcome to the internet). Fact of the matter is that the two of them seemed quite happy speculating between themselves; there was no reason why alternate conversation threads could not have happened around them. As for the boards being 'hijacked'...please. I've seen message board hijacked before, this was Hijack 101.

Personally, I was sorry to see this episode play out here. It was disappointing on many levels.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #352
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
New standee of malekith on cbm. His face isn't half burned or whatever though. I wonder what's up with them switching his facial look all the time?

I'd say it's likely that we have flashbacks showing the Dark Elf in happier times. (And I have now typed a sentence I never thought I would. ) Or, maybe he appears in the present unscarred at first, Thor "lights the bastard" up and then he makes a retreat to lick his wounds for a bit.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #353
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
I saw your post this morning...
I already apologized, what more do you want from me?

Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #354
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
New standee of malekith on cbm. His face isn't half burned or whatever though. I wonder what's up with them switching his facial look all the time?
I guess the easiest answer is 'before' and 'after'. Do you have a link?

(Nevermind, I forgot we don't link to 'the site that will not be named'.)

Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #355
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
I already apologized, what more do you want from me?
Sombra,

This was on my mind today. I posted before reading to the end and seeing that others had handled it already. Day late and dollar short, as the saying goes! I'm sorry if I gave the impression of beating up on you. More than anything, what I wanted was to make sure you had a bigger picture of what happened.

What more do I want from you? That you stay as enthusiastic about the fandom as you've demonstrated so far.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #356
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Asgard. Thor vs Kurse, the most. And if this movie is indeed a lead into a Surtur saga, or if Surtur in fact does have a presence, then my most anticipated aspect would be seeing the seeds to Surtur being planted
To be honest, I think Malekith's fight with Thor is going to be more epic than the Kurse/Thor fight. I say this because of how they've been building Malekith's threat level up in the trailers and especially the cast interviews. Not only that but the deal was pretty much SEALED when Chris E. said
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thor and Malekith are going to be sliding up and down sky scrapers and fighting in mid air.

Now I might be wrong, but until more information on Kurse comes out I'll be inclined to feel this way.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-03-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #357
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Sombra,

This was on my mind today. I posted before reading to the end and seeing that others had handled it already. Day late and dollar short, as the saying goes! I'm sorry if I gave the impression of beating up on you. More than anything, what I wanted was to make sure you had a bigger picture of what happened.

What more do I want from you? That you stay as enthusiastic about the fandom as you've demonstrated so far.
Nothing could make me not enthusiastic for Thor and this movie.

No hard feelings. I'd give you a hug but they have no hug smiley so instead

Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #358
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Was that the EMPIRE article?
Speaking of the Empire article, did anyone notice the bit about "Malekith going though changes since they shot, escalating even now and taking on new powers."

It was my absolute favorite part of that entire article, I literally sat up when I read it.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #359
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
To be honest, I think Malekith's fight with Thor is going to be more epic than the Kurse/Thor fight. I say this because of how they've been building Malekith's threat level up in the trailers and especially the cast interviews. Not only that but the deal was pretty much SEALED when Chris E. said
Thor and Malekith are going to be sliding up and down sky scrapers and fighting in mid air.

Now I might be wrong, but until more information on Kurse comes out I'll be inclined to feel this way.
Well obviously the final battle would be with the primary antagonist. I still expect Kurse to pummel Thor, and ultimately Malekith. Don't forget how AAAA described Kurse. "Super powerful" "no body can stop him" and he also mentioned a bit of a twist, which could be Kurse killing malekith.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #360
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
... I'd give you a hug but they have no hug smiley so instead
Right back atcha!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #361
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

The info in that spoiler has me as happy as a little school girl!!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #362
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Rush has premiered and the reviews for it so far are really great. They're much better than I expected and Hemsworth's performance is getting lots of praise.

Just another little positive thing as we move towards TDW.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #363
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Old 09-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #364
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Hah! Is that Malekith there having a little Phantom Of The Opera moment?

Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #365
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I wish that they'd release those images officially online.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #366
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wish that they'd release those images officially online.
Those probably will be released as character posters sometime down the line. Mid-late September I guess.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #367
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Okay guys while your attention may still be directed towards Sweden!

Here is a google translation I did of a text you might be a little interested in. I hope no one goes awol just because I posted it here. Itīs about the only Swedish superhero comics. It has basically been "dead" for like forever (because it has become bad). "Fantomen" is his name, or The Phantom in english. Anyways he has connections to norse mythology but I really just felt like sharing because you would probably never hear about him since it is national news.

Short version: Itīs basically about a swedish guy (that has drawn Batman for DC comics in the states) thatīs going to start drawing "Fantomen" or "The Phantom". It used to be an awesome swedish comic and I am really pumped about this new one!

The Google translation:
Quote:
Three crowns and a large axe is the new Swedish super hero The Norseman's attribute.
In autumn launch figure in Swedish "The Phantom " .
- I want to be more than clear that it is our own superhero , says creator Henrik Jonsson to Aftonbladet .

This autumn, the figure The Norseman occur as a mini serie divided into four parts in the Swedish "The Phantom " .
Series creator behind "The Norseman " is Henrik Jonsson , 27, who was educated in the United States and has also drawn Batman for DC Comics.
- It started as a school project where they would create their own superhero. Then I decided to make an adventure series set in Sweden . I continued with it . Last year I heard of me " Phantom " editorial team and asked for signs jobs. Then I got the chance to make The Norseman . There have been so many pure superheroes in Sweden , says Henrik Jonsson.
Superhuman powers
The Norseman 's real name is Richard North and is a young boy growing up on his grandparents' farm in the countryside. In fact, he is grandson of the Norse god Balder and have superhuman powers .
- He's trying to hide from the Nordic gods who are after him , says Henrik Jonsson.
Do you think Sweden can absorb a Swedish superhero ?
- It will be interesting to see. I want to be more than clear that it will be our superhero.
If it goes well, it will be a graphic novel , then?
- I hope that it becomes disgusting funny for people to read so that I can make it longer . I have plans for it . This coming now is an introduction to the character of 60 pages in total . We've talked about doing less stories next year where The Norseman makes assignments that are linked to Nordic mythology .
What are his powers?
- He's Baldur's granddaughter and has received forces from there. He is super strong and virtually invincible. His " kryptonite " , or weakness, is mistletoe.
Is not there a danger that The Norseman shall be deemed to be a replica of Thor ?
- I do not know . Instead of the hammer , he has a big ax. But there are large enough differences to make people said that it's not the same thing as Marvel does.
So you have worked at DC Comics. What do you bring from there to The Norseman ?
- I did my first series of jobs there, including Batman. Many of my teachers have been working at Marvel and DC. From there , I also learned the American way of working. Shortly, I subscribe to the Dark Horse Comics ( " Hellboy " ) as well. A horror story. More than that , I can not say now.

Source/ the swedish newspaper site with some PICTURES
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesblade...cle17400907.ab

Anyways, I am happy as long as one of you found it at least worth reading

Last edited by Mightyally; 09-04-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #368
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well obviously the final battle would be with the primary antagonist. I still expect Kurse to pummel Thor, and ultimately Malekith. Don't forget how AAAA described Kurse. "Super powerful" "no body can stop him" and he also mentioned a bit of a twist, which could be Kurse killing malekith.
I doubt that Kurse kills malekith, we have been told by the actors that the Epic final battle happens on earth with Thor and Malekith fighting to the death around a skyscraper in London...

Old 09-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #369
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Rush has premiered and the reviews for it so far are really great. They're much better than I expected and Hemsworth's performance is getting lots of praise.

Just another little positive thing as we move towards TDW.
Its good news but its hardly a surprise .
Howard is a good director and the trailer looks good .

Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #370
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah but that's typical villain talk, I'll put more stock into it when the director or other cast members say something similar. I REALLY don't want to see Kurse "pummel" Thor, overpower sure but I don't want it to be "one sided". Also I'm against Kurse killing Malekith, being pummeled by Kurse AND not defeating/killing the main villain wold make Thor seem useless. I'm tired of Thor using kid gloves, it's time for the gloves to come off now that he's facing a villain he's not related too or cares about.

Oh ad did you notice the bit in the Empire article saying "Malekith going though changes since they shot, escalating even now and taking on new powers."

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 09-04-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #371
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Thor: The Dark World Character Descriptions (possible minor spoilers)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #372
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Sounds like Sif and Thor might have a little something going on.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #373
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Sif seeks to rekindle her relationship with Thor
And with that, the love triangle storyline is confirmed.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 09-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #374
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Sounds like Sif and Thor might have a little something going on.
Sounds like Thor is hot for Jane and Sif is still going to have a go herself. Yikes. That won't go down well if not handled right.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #375
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Hemsworth talks Thor!

You had to shed the muscle weight you gained for The Avengers and lose 30 pounds before you started shooting Rush. As Ron Howard puts it, "Thor could never fit in an F1 car." How did you do it?
It was pretty brutal. I've said it before, but my wife [Elsa Pataky] was pregnant at the time and I had more symptoms of a pregnant woman than she did. I was moody and hungry all the time. I understood addiction for the first time, to be honest. I immediately knew what it is like to be truly at the mercy of something. Literally, food was the last thing I thought about before I went to bed and the first think I thought about when I woke up. I ate very little protein and carbohydrates. And then I'd just run to sweat it off.

Are you getting tired of playing Thor?
No, as long as I get to squeeze in other things and do stuff in between that inspires me, which I'm managing to do. To be part of something that people love -- whether it's Thor on his own or Thor in The Avengers -- is a chance you get once in your career, if at all. I'm not going to complain about it, certainly, but it's a challenge each time you do it because you don't want to fall into just Thor, just being a two-dimensional character.

Closed Thread