The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #751
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Those spikes on Kurse made him much cooler. Big Thor, I hadnīt noticed it either. Iīm starting to get a little Doomsday feeling about this guy.

I canīt wait for the 30th! So freaking pumped about this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itīs. Gonna. Be. Epic.

Last edited by Mightyally; 09-11-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #752
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

So wait, are there, like, LIGHT Elves?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #753
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Yes there are. Or at least there are elves that aren't dark elves. Idk what exactly they're called

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #754
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
So wait, are there, like, LIGHT Elves?
Yes ^_^ They live in Alfheim.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #755
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

confirmed for the movie?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #756
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I never got around to getting into Thor comics, despite loving Norse Mythology, but from what I've googled in the past, isn't Kurse supposed to have a helmet and not look like an alien or monster? That and I remember his skin or maybe it's his armor looking like it was made or giving off a lava effect. Not complaining about this look, just curious.
Yep comic book Kurse looks like the one in the picture ctsketch posted, here it is below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I'm excitedin seeing Kurse vs Thor. My God that could EPIC!!
I feel the same way, after finding that side ways of Kurse's toy I can't WAIT to see Thor take him on.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #757
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

So in the mcu, who do you think will be the strongest, Hulk or Kurse?

Old 09-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #758
ctsketch
Side-Kick

we haven't seen MCU Kurse yet so no data. we'll have to compare the Kurse/Thor fight to Hulk/Thor although Thor was holding back....he'll have no such reason against Kurse unless it's for collateral damage reasons

Old 09-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #759
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Was Kurse a dark elf before he was all horned and creepy and stuff?
Next week, on the Lifetime channel:

"From Dark Elf to Horned Creepy Guy: the Kurse Story"

Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #760
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
we haven't seen MCU Kurse yet so no data. we'll have to compare the Kurse/Thor fight to Hulk/Thor although Thor was holding back....he'll have no such reason against Kurse unless it's for collateral damage reasons
Yeah we will. I think theyīll be about the same, Hulk and Kurse I mean.

Iīm not sure Thor held back so much when Hulk used his one arm and Thor blocked it with his one arm. It was clear Thor could withstand it for a while but he was going to get smashed so he decided to use both arms but then he clearly was stronger. I guess my opinion is that Thor isnīt as strong as hulk but not that far from it.

But I hope we get one of those moments where hulk gets supermad(even for being him) when he is fighting a really strong char like Thanos.
I want to see that a mad hulk is potentially stronger than Thor. Not too much but just enough to get the feeling that Hulk can be the strongest one, if mad enough.

Last edited by Mightyally; 09-11-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #761
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post

Iīm not sure Thor held back so much when Hulk used his one arm and Thor blocked it with his one arm. It was clear Thor could withstand it for a while but he was going to get smashed so he decided to use both arms but then he clearly was stronger. I guess my opinion is that Thor isnīt as strong as hulk but not that far from it.

But I hope we get one of those moments where hulk gets supermad(even for being him) when he is fighting a really strong char like Thanos.
I meant holding back as in not using any of his powers. I think MCU hulks is strongest but Thor is the powerhouse. That blast that took out three leviathans and a horde of chariots? yeah....concentrate that all on one point.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #762
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Thor used all his strength in that fight. But the fact that he hit him with the hammer ONCE, and that he even tried to choke him out, overall, he held back.

I think Kurse will the superior. And as for Thanos, doesn't matter how mad Hulk get's, he's not hurting Thanos, he shouldn't anyway.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #763
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah!

Well he could still surprise Thanos if he got that mad maybe buy someone time with a heavy über smash from Hulk. Might be enough but no, no serious hurting.

Man I love when Gamora walks in on Thanos being patched up(he looks like he fell off a bike or something, couple scratches) and she goes like "What happened to you, did you run into an unstoppable nuclear device?" And he just replies "A black hole..."

I didnīt mean Thanos per se, maybe adamantium Ultron would be better. Just someone Thor could hit but fail and Hulk could hit with clearly more sucess (if mad enough). They arenīt using adamantium but you know what I mean

Old 09-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #764
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Look in the avatar thread
You're the best, My Lady Marion

Old 09-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #765
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post

Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #766
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Glad to see this place isn't GOOD TIME SMILIN' STAN'S FUNTIME INCEST HOUR anymore.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #767
StarLord

Reads last few pages of thread...

Old 09-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #768
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Reads last few pages of thread...

Yeah creepy stuff wasn't it

Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #769
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Yeah!

Well he could still surprise Thanos if he got that mad maybe buy someone time with a heavy über smash from Hulk. Might be enough but no, no serious hurting.

Man I love when Gamora walks in on Thanos being patched up(he looks like he fell off a bike or something, couple scratches) and she goes like "What happened to you, did you run into an unstoppable nuclear device?" And he just replies "A black hole..."

I didnīt mean Thanos per se, maybe adamantium Ultron would be better. Just someone Thor could hit but fail and Hulk could hit with clearly more sucess (if mad enough). They arenīt using adamantium but you know what I mean
I bet they're going Vibranium then none of there attacks would work.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #770
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yeah!

Going back though, I think Kurse will be superior. Based on the scene in the trailer, where Malekith is levitating Jane, Thor is on the ground, and Kurse is standing there, menacingly. More than likely, Thor tries to physically take it to Kurse, and get's dropped.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #771
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Going back though, I think Kurse will be superior. Based on the scene in the trailer, where Malekith is levitating Jane, Thor is on the ground, and Kurse is standing there, menacingly. More than likely, Thor tries to physically take it to Kurse, and get's dropped.
I still think that in that scene he just got his hand chopped and he's rolling on the ground in pain.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #772
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I just now noticed kurse in the trailer. WOw he looks good!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #773
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I still think that in that scene he just got his hand chopped and he's rolling on the ground in pain.
Vision/Illusion

I just don't see them having Thor being handless for the rest of the MCU.

It seems pointless to cut his hand off, then have it magically come back.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #774
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah!

Actually Thor has a better track record against Ultron and Thanos, due to the fact that he's powerful. Yeah Hulk is physically stronger than Thor, but Thor has a host of other powers to go with his super strength.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #775
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Vision/Illusion

I just don't see them having Thor being handless for the rest of the MCU.

It seems pointless to cut his hand off, then have it magically come back.
Yeah but pulling the rug like that from under the audience is just rude. I think he's actually losing the hand. I don't know if he gets a replacement or a mechanical stand in or what might happen but I'm pretty sure it's not an illusion or a vision.