The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #926
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
There are winged horses in Asgard.

However, I think Thor's chariot with his two flying goats is much cooler.
are you actually serious? lol xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Thor doesn't personally have one (or maybe he does and they haven't explicitly said so). There are just horses with wings in Asgard. They're mostly used by the Valkyries, but other Asgardians have been shown riding them. Usually Thor flies with Mjolnir or on his goat-drawn chariot, but he occasionally uses horses--both winged and normal--in Asgard.
Oh had no idea. I don't know much about Thor. Only knew about him back in 2011 before his movie came out. I thought he was a dumb character who uses a hammer as a weapon but after i saw him almost level Jotunheim with the shockwave he created with his hammer and lightning, my jaw dropped and I've been a fan ever since. Thor is actually my 2nd best movie in Phase one,it's an underrated film.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #927
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

anyone see this crap lol
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #928
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I'm a bit upset that Taylor mentioned Thor riding a horse, as if that's something major, when the god of thunder ought to be flying more. The lack of flying time for Thor is my one big gripe about his first two appearances. Thor should fly as much as Iron Man since that's his main mode of transport in the comics. (Or it was; I haven't followed the comics in years.)

Marvel's FX houses can clearly portray flying since they've done such an incredible job with Iron Man. There is really no reason to skimp on the flying, unless there is some in-story explanation for it. Leave the horses for the lesser Asgardians.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #929
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
anyone see this crap lol
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That was extremely well made and also hilarious XD

Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #930
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I'm a bit upset that Taylor mentioned Thor riding a horse, as if that's something major, when the god of thunder ought to be flying more. The lack of flying time for Thor is my one big gripe about his first two appearances. Thor should fly as much as Iron Man since that's his main mode of transport in the comics. (Or it was; I haven't followed the comics in years.)

Marvel's FX houses can clearly portray flying since they've done such an incredible job with Iron Man. There is really no reason to skimp on the flying, unless there is some in-story explanation for it. Leave the horses for the lesser Asgardians.
Eh, Thor does all kinds of things for transport. If other Asgardians are riding horses, he'll ride a horse. It'd be kind of obnoxious if everyone got on horses and Thor was like, "Yeah... later!" and took off flying ahead of everyone else. He also rides in Quinjets with the Avengers for the same reason. He can get around by flying but he'll use other means if his other party members want to. That whole humility thing.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #931
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thor flew in The Avengers and his own movie. i don't know why it's such a big deal for you. So you just want a montage of Thor flying around yeah??

Old 09-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #932
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Eh, Thor does all kinds of things for transport. If other Asgardians are riding horses, he'll ride a horse. It'd be kind of obnoxious if everyone got on horses and Thor was like, "Yeah... later!" and took off flying ahead of everyone else. He also rides in Quinjets with the Avengers for the same reason. He can get around by flying but he'll use other means if his other party members want to. That whole humility thing.
If there is an enemy far away and getting there is a priority, it wouldn't be obnoxious for Thor to leave the slowpoke groundlings behind. "Malekith is laying waste to some villages two day's ride away by horse but it would take only half an hour's flight. Yeah, I'll saddle up and waste a couple of days clomping along because I don't want to seem like a showoff. Surely the villagers won't mind a bit of extra pillaging."

Old 09-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #933
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Thor flew in The Avengers and his own movie. i don't know why it's such a big deal for you. So you just want a montage of Thor flying around yeah??

Thor flew for all of a few seconds total in both films. In the comics he flies often as that is a major component of his power set. As someone with control of the weather flying makes perfect sense for Thor. But you admitted a few posts back that your knowledge of Thor is minimal at best, so it's not surprising that you're not aware of that fact.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #934
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, I guess it would be silly if he slowed himself down in a dire situation like that... but we have no indication that's what's happening in the horse riding scene. I'm sure he'll still fly a bit. I mean, we see him landing in a couple scenes in the trailer, if I recall correctly. He'll just also ride a horse or two, it seems.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #935
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I think it's pretty big that Taylor described Thor as a "super hero among super heroes"

That's a pretty big ****in deal

Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #936
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Thor flew for all of a few seconds total in both films. In the comics he flies often as that is a major component of his power set. As someone with control of the weather flying makes perfect sense for Thor. But you admitted a few posts back that your knowledge of Thor is minimal at best, so it's not surprising that you're not aware of that fact.
For the very few scenes..hell, shots that Thor has had in the last 2 films he's been in, they weren't exactly the best flying shots. When it comes to having awesome flying sequences, Iron Man beats Thor in that department by a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I think it's pretty big that Taylor described Thor as a "super hero among super heroes"

That's a pretty big ****in deal
The only problem that I see with that statement is that they haven't really portrayed Thor as a "superhero". They've mainly, if not entirely, focused on showing the Asgardian Warrior Prince aspect of Thor and his character.

Until now, Thor has not tackled on any problems that weren't directly related to him.

The destroyer came to Earth because Loki sent it to kill Thor and the invasion of New York was of Loki's doing, using the cosmic cube that had once been in Odin's possession.

Thor has not been placed in a situation where he's gone out of his way to help other people from problems that didn't come about because someone was after him.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #937
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
For the very few scenes..hell, shots that Thor has had in the last 2 films he's been in, they weren't exactly the best flying shots. When it comes to having awesome flying sequences, Iron Man beats Thor in that department by a long way.
And that was the only point I was making. I don't want to make it into a major nitpick, but it would be great to see Thor fly the way Superman does -- only better, because we should clearly see him in flight, not just a blur. So far we've mostly seen Thor stick the landings, not the epic soaring through the skies that we should see. As a longtime Thor fan, a lot of my childhood was spent reading the comics and dreaming of the day when we would get to see him whirl Mjolnir and take off, whipping up mini-tornadoes in he wake and he streaked off into battle. I don't think that seeing that in his films is too much to ask for.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #938
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
However, I think Thor's chariot with his two flying goats is much cooler.
Agreed! I would love to see at least a nod to this. Even having Thor walk past a stable with two massive rams inside, or something like that.

Quote:
I'm a bit upset that Taylor mentioned Thor riding a horse, as if that's something major, when the god of thunder ought to be flying more.
Maybe I need to go back and re-read the article, but I got the impression Taylor was using the horse riding aspect to define the culture as more of a "medieval" culture instead of a "futuristic alien culture," and to justify a their use of swords over ray-guns, etc...

Quote:
It'd be kind of obnoxious if everyone got on horses and Thor was like, "Yeah... later!" and took off flying ahead of everyone else.
Obnoxious, yes, but I laughed when I read this. It would have been funny to see a pre-humility Thor do this!

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
Old 09-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #939
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
anyone see this crap lol
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I thought this was very cleverly done, and I don't even know what it's a parody of--a new Kate Perry video, I guess.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #940
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Roar...or something I believe

Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #941
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
I did. I also started reading and collecting Thor comics after watching the movie and i'm very much aware that he flies in the comics. Thing is, last time people complained that Thor's power levels (speed, strength) were not portrayed faithfully, even drawing comparisons with the kryptonians in MOS. I don't know why it becomes an issue. I'm sure Thor's flight and speed will be portrayed as the movies progress. Just the way I see it. I have no problem whatsoever in how Thor is being portrayed in the MCU right now.

BTW I'm currently reading Jason Aaron's run of Thor: God of Thunder (as suggested by a couple of posters here) and it's amazing.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #942
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

My copy of God of Thunder vol. 1 will be at my house later today. I am excite.

(also getting the first trades of Hawkeye and Saga)

Old 09-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #943
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
And that was the only point I was making. I don't want to make it into a major nitpick, but it would be great to see Thor fly the way Superman does -- only better, because we should clearly see him in flight, not just a blur. So far we've mostly seen Thor stick the landings, not the epic soaring through the skies that we should see. As a longtime Thor fan, a lot of my childhood was spent reading the comics and dreaming of the day when we would get to see him whirl Mjolnir and take off, whipping up mini-tornadoes in he wake and he streaked off into battle. I don't think that seeing that in his films is too much to ask for.
It really drives me crazy when people say stuff like that. I don't want Thor to turn out like MoS at all. I wish people would stop comparing them. I don't see the big deal with the flying. We all know he can fly, old news. Show us something new!

Old 09-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #944
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I still can't get over how boss Thor looks when he lands in the second trailer... he looks angry...he looks like he's about to f*** sh** up. I hope her really unleashes in this movie.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #945
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
My copy of God of Thunder vol. 1 will be at my house later today. I am excite.

(also getting the first trades of Hawkeye and Saga)
Just wait until you read it,it's truly inspiring and amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
It really drives me crazy when people say stuff like that. I don't want Thor to turn out like MoS at all. I wish people would stop comparing them. I don't see the big deal with the flying. We all know he can fly, old news. Show us something new!
Well said Drives me nuts as well when people make such comparisons. lol xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I still can't get over how boss Thor looks when he lands in the second trailer... he looks angry...he looks like he's about to f*** sh** up. I hope her really unleashes in this movie.
He cracks the ground when he lands. It's ****ing badass.

And this one looks like he's landing and crushes the car.

I'm so pumped for this film

Old 09-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #946
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

BTW, somebody posted this gif as leaked ending of Chris' formula1 movie "Rush". lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

And this one looks like he's landing and crushes the car.

I'm so pumped for this film

Old 09-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #947
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Umm... where did xeno mention MoS? mentioned, Superman, yes, but made no mention of exactly which version of Superman. Personally, I get where xeno's coming from too (and I'm not even a comic reader).

Yes we know he can fly, but there's been very little shown of him actually flying. Landing, yes. Quick blur of a figure darting across the sky once or twice, yes. But very few 'money' flying shots (only one I can really think of is him vs the Destroyer inside the tornado he created). I wouldn't mind seeing one (or two, or three) decent/epic flying shot(s) in TDW myself.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #948
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Umm... where did xeno mention MoS? mentioned, Superman, yes, but made no mention of exactly which version of Superman. Personally, I get where xeno's coming from too (and I'm not even a comic reader).

Yes we know he can fly, but there's been very little shown of him actually flying. Landing, yes. Quick blur of a figure darting across the sky once or twice, yes. But very few 'money' flying shots (only one I can really think of is him vs the Destroyer inside the tornado he created). I wouldn't mind seeing one (or two, or three) decent/epic flying shot(s) in TDW myself.
Most of the time here on the Thor forums, Thor always has to be compared to Superman. Why? o.O They're two completely different characters. it's getting annoying everytime someone says "oh why can't Thor do this like Superman, why can't Thor fly like Superman, why doesn't Thor have super speed like Superman blah blah". It's getting redundant at this point.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #949
ctsketch
Side-Kick

They both have red capes!

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #950
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
They both have red capes!
but so does Ultron, Steel, Magneto, Beta ray, super girl and countless others lol xD

Closed Thread