The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #126
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
It would feel pointless because if he was just going to show up just to visit before then all the waiting and unhappiness from the first movie through the prelude comics would feel wasted. And I think it would be better for Jane to leave whoever she is dating that day because she doesn't like them that way rather than because Thor showed up again. It would give her character a little more depth. Not that I would complain if Thor did show up and put whoever she's dating in his place, I'm just saying it would be more likely and better for her character that she left him at the end of the date. An interview with O'Dowd said he only did the one scene so either way he's not showing up again.
The point is they can fight on Earth, get in arguments and still make up. Also makes sense in the context that when she heads to Asgard, she does so not pissed at Thor. Considering we know they are going to have grown up time there.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #127
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The point is they can fight on Earth, get in arguments and still make up. Also makes sense in the context that when she heads to Asgard, she does so not pissed at Thor. Considering we know they are going to have grown up time there.
'grown up time' that has to be the funniest phrase for that I've ever heard.

Anyway, would you be mad at someone who just saved your life? Saved one of your dearest friend's life a year ago? Saved the entire planet's lives? And you had just been thrust into your own personal Disney land filled with all of your greatest and wildest dreams? Portman said Jane stops being mad at him rather early on in the film probably for all those reasons.

Then grown up time in Asgard (a phrase that is still making me smile )

Old 08-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #128
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Wonder how many theaters are going to find the Loki portion of their standees mysteriously missing

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Love it.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #129
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I must say, these boards are pretty slow for a movie that is coming out in two months, I remember the IM3 boards were on fire.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #130
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I must say, these boards are pretty slow for a movie that is coming out in two months, I remember the IM3 boards were on fire.
You're more than welcome to bring a topic if you've got one and we'll discuss that for a day or two.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #131
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Yeah, I’m with the camp that believes that Thor’s reunion with Jane is going to be done in a more eventful/exciting way than him just returning to see Jane and them spending some quality time on Earth before he takes her back to Asgard; it just seems lazy and uninspiring. And I’d also say that the reason why he’s able to spend some nice time with her in Asgard is because he’d be more useful being up there where the action is happening than being on Earth and just enjoying time away.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #132
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yeah, I’m with the camp that believes that Thor’s reunion with Jane is going to be done in a more eventful/exciting way than him just returning to see Jane and them spending some quality time on Earth before he takes her back to Asgard; it just seems lazy and uninspiring. And I’d also say that the reason why he’s able to spend some nice time with her in Asgard is because he’d be more useful being up there where the action is happening than being on Earth and just enjoying time away.
Man, that's what I was trying to say earlier, I just couldn't find the words. You say it so much better than me.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #133
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

A part of me still thinks that the shot of him on Earth, wearing regular clothes while kissing Jane, takes place at the "end" of the film, with him probably deciding to spend more time on Earth..or even settling there for the time being.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #134
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
A part of me still thinks that the shot of him on Earth, wearing regular clothes while kissing Jane, takes place at the "end" of the film, with him probably deciding to spend more time on Earth..or even settling there for the time being.
Me and you are definitely sharing the same camp on this one. What are your thoughts on why and/or how Jane gets infected with the dark energy in the first place because I think we all have different ideas on that one and I love hearing other people's theories.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #135
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
we don't have much to overanalyze at the moment. we pretty much discussed every single frame in the trailers, every set pic and interview...
and there is absolutely no additional information leaking. there is nothing about the post credit scene, no insubtantial rumor about surprise cameos of the Wasp or Black Knight or whoever. And since SDCC we know that all the BTS bs was exactly that, bs.
What do you want us to speculate about?

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #136
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Me and you are definitely sharing the same camp on this one. What are your thoughts on why and/or how Jane gets infected with the dark energy in the first place because I think we all have different ideas on that one and I love hearing other people's theories.
To be honest, I’m not entirely sure. I mean, there is some shots from the two trailers that we’ve gotten that show Frigga being confronted by Malekith in Asgard, while Jane is also present. There’s a chance that maybe Malekith ends up killing Frigga in combat while inflicting dark energy, for whatever means, into Jane, thus being one of the reasons why Thor needs Loki’s help because Loki would probably be the only one that they know of who has a vast knowledge on the dark arts.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #137
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

By this time with IM3 we had a lot of rumors to talk about. I'm actually kinda glad that we dont know too much this far out

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 08-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #138
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
To be honest, I’m not entirely sure. I mean, there is some shots from the two trailers that we’ve gotten that show Frigga being confronted by Malekith in Asgard, while Jane is also present. There’s a chance that maybe Malekith ends up killing Frigga in combat while inflicting dark energy, for whatever means, into Jane, thus being one of the reasons why Thor needs Loki’s help because Loki would probably be the only one that they know of who has a vast knowledge on the dark arts.
lol, see every one of us has a different theory on how or why that happens ! I can't wait to find out.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #139
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
By this time with IM3 we had a lot of rumors to talk about. I'm actually kinda glad that we dont know too much this far out
The Avengers boards were active and all that activity migrated to the Ironman 3 boards after the first trailer. The problem with Thor:TDW is that there isn't a lot of IM3 hype to translate to the Thor boards. That's is mainly because there wasn't any share world stuff in IM3 to connect it Thor.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #140
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Well that, and I think there was a lot more pressure in some ways for Iron Man 3, due to it being the first MCU solo film after “The Avengers” and people wondering if it could keep the strong momentum going after that film; not to mention, with the whole Mandarin twist being revealed a few weeks before the film premiered for the public, etc.

Quote:
lol, see every one of us has a different theory on how or why that happens ! I can't wait to find out.

Indeed; and I’m sure people are especially wondering on what happens to Loki and why he’ll be absent from the next Avengers film, let alone on whether his failed deal with Thanos will be addressed in this film.

I do hope though that Thor migrates to Earth at the end of the film, simply because it’d be a nice change than seeing him staying on Asgard again like he did in the last film. Plus, by all accounts, the world needs an active superhero within the MCU and with Tony taking a sabbatical, Hulk being more of a freelancer, and Steve dealing with the mechanics of SHIELD, Thor is the only one that could make somewhat of a difference on Earth with his powers. I mean isn’t Thor known for going out of his way and tackling real life situations on Earth that doesn’t involve super villains or alien/cosmic threats?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #141
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
The Avengers boards were active and all that activity migrated to the Ironman 3 boards after the first trailer. The problem with Thor:TDW is that there isn't a lot of IM3 hype to translate to the Thor boards. That's is mainly because there wasn't any share world stuff in IM3 to connect it Thor.
Agreed.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #142
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Odin > Zeus ? They seem about equal to me.

What book is this from?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #143
Thor Odinson
Banned User

It's from Chaos War, Ironstar.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #144
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

I really think that after the events of TDW and WS that most of the team will be bunking at The Tower. I think that's where Banner and Stark were at the end of IM3. I also think that Steve and Thor end up there as well. So by the time A2 rolls around everyone will be driving Tony and Pepper crazy since it will be all sitcomed up in the penthouse.

TONY: Guys, I just got a look at the phone bill... Who's been making calls to either a "Peggy Carter" or a "Betty Ross"? I may be rich, but I'm not made of money. Also, Pepper would like to remind certain people that you should run each plate you use under some running water BEFORE you put it in the dishwasher. And finally... Somebody has been filling up the big coffee mugs with my best Scotch and drinking about 2 bottles a day... KEEP YOUR DAMNED HANDS OFF MY SCOTCH!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #145
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I really think that after the events of TDW and WS that most of the team will be bunking at The Tower. I think that's where Banner and Stark were at the end of IM3. I also think that Steve and Thor end up there as well. So by the time A2 rolls around everyone will be driving Tony and Pepper crazy since it will be all sitcomed up in the penthouse.

TONY: Guys, I just got a look at the phone bill... Who's been making calls to either a "Peggy Carter" or a "Betty Ross"? I may be rich, but I'm not made of money. Also, Pepper would like to remind certain people that you should run each plate you use under some running water BEFORE you put it in the dishwasher. And finally... Somebody has been filling up the big coffee mugs with my best Scotch and drinking about 2 bottles a day... KEEP YOUR DAMNED HANDS OFF MY SCOTCH!!
Holy crap that's funny A part of me seriously hopes there's a scene like this in Avengers 2.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #146
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do hope though that Thor migrates to Earth at the end of the film, simply because it’d be a nice change than seeing him staying on Asgard again like he did in the last film.
I agree. They are called Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Kind of hard to be that when they aren't on earth. I'm not worried though, I'm sure they worked it out somehow and they would really have to bomb for me to not enjoy this and not be psyched for CA:WS and Avengers 2 no matter how it ends.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #147
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Holy crap that's funny A part of me seriously hopes there's a scene like this in Avengers 2.

Thank you Shaded one.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #148
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

I wonder how this, IM3, and TWS are going to connect. I hope it isn't just a simple cameo appearance at the end of the credits. Maybe I missed something in IM3. Maybe someone can inform me, if I did.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #149
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
I wonder how this, IM3, and TWS are going to connect. I hope it isn't just a simple cameo appearance at the end of the credits. Maybe I missed something in IM3. Maybe someone can inform me, if I did.

You would think that the connection with Cap and IM3 would be huge. I mean in IM3 we have a POTUS kidnapped and a Vice President arrested. This would be a gigantic scandal that would be rocking the government and it's various agencies. Cap would totally be in the middle of the aftermath of all that.

Thor is kind of an odd man out when it comes to connecting to the wider world of MCU Earth. Now, Cosmic MCU is another story. I still think that if Thor ends up on Earth that Avengers Tower will be his home.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #150
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Well, most of us are of the opinion that Thor is going to end up on earth at the end of T:TDW though we can't seem to agree on how or why it happens. I've heard some people say that Cap is leaving SHIELD at the end of TWS though I don't know how true that might or might not be. So I'm hoping that Tony is going to end up pulling all the Avengers around him kind of like in EMH which I would love to see happen but I'm not all that creative so I'm sure whatever the writers come up with will be different and awesome.